Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:23:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Siacoin long?  (Read 6346 times)
PoorLad (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Coinhoarder

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 05:46:16 PM

Got some siacoins and thinking of ditching it...

Realisticly, what can we expect from Siacoin in a year or two?

To be honest I dont see a coin like this go high. It is a coin I bought after Googling for long investments as a total newbie. So ditch or stick? It is 15k coins(They are dirt cheap)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoBagHolder

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 05:52:00 PM

I'm still holding SIA!!  I think they're a good coin for long term holding!!! Grin
PoorLad (OP)

Activity: 70

Coinhoarder

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 06:19:27 PM

I'm still holding SIA!!  I think they're a good coin for long term holding!!! Grin

But why? I imagine the founders want to have the coin price as low as possible. I skimmed trough this page and you get storage based on amount of SC. Having a high price mean they cost more than competators.

https://blog.sia.tech/getting-started-with-private-decentralized-cloud-storage-c9565dc8c854

If anyone got any good points to what might increase the value Id like to know Smiley Is there a hard cap on amount of coins? Or can they just dump in alot of coins if needed?

Metros

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 03:51:21 PM

I'm still holding SIA!!  I think they're a good coin for long term holding!!! Grin

But why? I imagine the founders want to have the coin price as low as possible. I skimmed trough this page and you get storage based on amount of SC. Having a high price mean they cost more than competators.

https://blog.sia.tech/getting-started-with-private-decentralized-cloud-storage-c9565dc8c854

If anyone got any good points to what might increase the value Id like to know Smiley Is there a hard cap on amount of coins? Or can they just dump in alot of coins if needed?

That's interesting, wonder if some one that is more in this coin got better insights..
Cryptotrader1

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 04:00:05 PM

The value of the coin does not play a role in the cost of service guys. If the coin is worth $10 you would send a fraction of it to cover x amount of cloud storage, so that has no effect on the coin price. Make sense?
lakimens

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

PVxYGaa1UZM6oDqW3ZKe4Esi18DgwBpDkr

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 04:08:21 PM

I don't think it'll grow. I've thought about it and I too think it's better for the coin if the price stays low.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2017, 04:15:20 PM

Newbie accounts spreading FUD about siacon.. Probably from siacoin competitors.

Anyway, siacoin is a great coin to hold right now. Contrary to what the FUDders have been saying, no devs would want the value of their coin to go down. Having a high siacoin price would mean the amount of siacoin needed to transact/pay-for-storage would be less.

Siacoin is down right now because of the surge in bitcoin price, as all other altcoins are. It will surely go up once bitcoin price stabilizes.

Siacoin has the potential to bring you exponential returns because its value is down at the moment. The devs of siacoin are active and constantly developing the coin, check out their blog at sia.tech. Its up to you if you want to pass this opportunity up. Good luck.

Siacoin is a great investment in 2017.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
lakimens

Activity: 392

PVxYGaa1UZM6oDqW3ZKe4Esi18DgwBpDkr

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 04:47:04 PM

I'm not spreading FUD, SC's price has been 300-400 SAT, except for the pump.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
kelnel

Activity: 48

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 06:35:00 PM

SIA is one of the best coins out there. If you ditch them now you will regret it hard in 2 years. The road map is solid, the code is beautiful, the devs are working hard.

It will outperform many other coins out there.
Coin Curse

Activity: 11

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 02:53:55 AM

Was wondering this too but figured hold. Seems a lot of altcoins have been pumped and Sia has been largely ignored for some reason.
currypto

Activity: 196
Merit: 135

Sit back, relax, eat some nachos and have a drink.

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2017, 04:23:55 AM

As others have said, the price of SC does not affect the price of storage. Hosts will adjust their SC prices in accordance with their value.

Sia is going to give me and others like me an early retirement. Can't wait to see a huge company like Amazon or Google make use of Sia. Then kaboom, see you on Mars.

Honestly though the technology is great, I could talk about it all day. In fact, if you sign up to be the first member of my service, you can read about it Cheesy *nudge nudge*

solarrobot

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 05:59:43 AM

Was wondering this too but figured hold. Seems a lot of altcoins have been pumped and Sia has been largely ignored for some reason.

SIA has a practically non existing promotional budget (or they haven't been promoting). I think it's a small team, but they have really proven themselves, and are building a really strong base. As a service, i guess we will see what is most effecient, but it is the most decentralized distributed storage model out there and it's fully operational.

Right now they are building up API's and creating more usability by enterprise applications (like amazon server storage). Next feature on the stack if i'm not mistaken is shared storage (drop box, google drive) but might be more along the lines of shared downloads at the moment.

The cost of storage is bid on by the "farmers", the nodes providing storage space, they try to outbid other farmers by reducing their fees and proving their reliability. The price of SIA doesn't depend directly on cost of storage. However the network-wide total used storage as well as the Capacity/used ratio does affect price as the SIACOIN token is integrated into the contracts between the farmers and the renters. SIACOIN gets locked up in agreements for months! As the network gains users, the price will go up drastically, because not only does it take sia to rent storage, it takes sia to farm storage. Farmers must place collateral in contracts in order to assure renters financially that they won't break their contract (supply a service of cloud storage). This promotes healthy nodes, as a network creating a working service.  The farmers recieve their own collateral + the renters Fees at the end of the contract.

Essentially each node will have large chunks of SIA locked up much like a masternode, but proportional to the amount of disk space they provide.  It might be a some months down the road, but SIA is on course to boom in my book. I think i just convinced my self to buy more (yikes).
White sugar
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 06:03:03 AM

I don't know Siacoin, but good luck with your investment
AgatioX

Activity: 546
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 06:11:16 AM

After some dev from Microsoft moved to Siacoin I became much more confident in Siacoin's bright future.
I think this coin worth holding for midterm.
JessyMatt

Activity: 191

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 06:50:07 AM

I had some siacoin and ditched all of them. They will NEVER grow because they MUST keep the price of the coin low so storage fees can stay low. If the price of Siacoin gets high, it defeats the purpose of the service. My 2cents

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
berrygood

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2017, 07:22:05 AM

That fud about price is totally wrong, and I believe Sia coin is the one of the bests for long term investment. I have no sia coin but I really want their company to succeed in the data storing & cloud industry.

nicster551

Activity: 896
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 07:28:25 AM

I holding some siacoin because I believe siacoin is one of the best investment they offers a cloud storage that enables us to secure our data at the very affordable price even the price not growing up fast I think they have a greater plan at the future
FelixTheHat

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 08:22:56 AM

Anything could happen. However, just reading the misinformation and FUD in this thread by Siacoin holders makes me want to buy more. It tells me that even people who have looked into the coin and "thought it over" still don't get it.

For one, there is no relationship at all between the coin price and the cost of storage on SIA. This is noted prominently for anyone who has bothered to read the details.

The team strikes me as serious and competent people with good intentions. I like that. Whether they will achieve what they have set out to do is anybody's guess. The SIA software is not exactly easy to use at this point. I can't even install it without errors. That's a black mark. And whether Amazon will run a steamroller over SIA or buy them out is another gamble.

But I think the coin is a pretty good bet at the current low price. In 2 years or so, it could bring a solid return. Or not. But I think it's a decent long term bet.
ziiip

Activity: 255
Merit: 102

uBlock.it Admin

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2017, 10:32:41 AM

Cheesy LOL so much FUD in here. Siacoin is here to stay, just enabled file sharing and network performance is top priority according to dev.

I'm one of the larger Sia hosts out there and it's true, we change our prices pretty often to stay competitive.

Riecoin Pool http://uBlock.it/
ChinkyEyes

Activity: 687
Merit: 301

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 10:35:34 AM

Bought sia during the last pump in march, sold them with a loss but made money back with different alts. Maybe picking it up in a month or a couple of weeks from now. If you are going to hold Sia, you should hold it for at least 1-2 years in my opinion.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: