Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:53:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Filecoin Presale Raises $52 Million Ahead of ICO Launch  (Read 1453 times)
sheld0n (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 06:51:27 PM

San Francisco-based startup Protocol Labs has sold $52 million in a token pre-sale ahead of an initial coin offering launch next week.

Notable backers of the Filecoin pre-sale include Union Square Ventures and Sequoia Capital, according to a representative of the startup. The Wall Street Journal covered the pre-sale earlier today, and in a tweet, reporter Yuliya Chernova said that Winklevoss Capital, Digital Currency Group and Y Combinator president Sam Altman also took part.

Why do you think, is it worth it or just ridiculous price for such a project?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ivymike

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 07:41:48 PM

Storage is already dirt cheap and very difficult to make profit on. How ever, the use cases are end less. If they get their game right, they could have lot of margin while providing high availablity storage at ridiculously less $ per gig. My only worry is that, they raised too much too early. No company ever wins by doing that. It just instills bad spending habits like the guys at juicero (who built a juicer machine that costs $800 and can be replaced by just using hands).
galactica

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 10:32:18 AM

This sounds like Siacoin. Decentralised cloud storage where users can rent out their unused disk space for Siacoin tokens.
goocoin

Activity: 175
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 10:42:24 AM

San Francisco-based startup Protocol Labs has sold $52 million in a token pre-sale ahead of an initial coin offering launch next week.

Notable backers of the Filecoin pre-sale include Union Square Ventures and Sequoia Capital, according to a representative of the startup. The Wall Street Journal covered the pre-sale earlier today, and in a tweet, reporter Yuliya Chernova said that Winklevoss Capital, Digital Currency Group and Y Combinator president Sam Altman also took part.

did the dev send it free to the president?
if the president join this is the truth,I think this coin may be move to moon!
Pasutinmeur

Activity: 302
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 10:58:42 AM

It's not a ridiculous price, as you can see a lot of high profile already took a part of that project and at the same time try to shilling for the file project. It makes sense if the presale was raising a lot of money. I think you will see over 1/4 billion for the result of the ico sale such as tezos.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
RonMank

Activity: 588

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 05:14:13 PM

This sounds like Siacoin. Decentralised cloud storage where users can rent out their unused disk space for Siacoin tokens.
So, I think there is a slight difference, in addition there were some key investors, Filecoin's projection will be bigger and more interesting, it's definitely a project that will not fail to participate!
So many ICO are now/were below ICO price, especially those overvalued ICOs like Bancor, Status,BAT,Stox & many more.
I will wait for the exchange.
Raizou

Activity: 758

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 08:03:08 PM

I don't know why they are pleasing SEC regulations, how do they intend to be decentralized by pleasing a group of people? Some of these don't know exactly what they are doing, startup is not cryptocurrency! A part of the Filecoin team I respect because they are competentens and experienced, but these accredited investors... This is reminding me of ZEC! Prepare for Filecoin Classic!
newcoin01

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 08:23:10 PM

So, I think there is a slight difference, in addition there were some key investors, Filecoin's projection will be bigger and more interesting, it's definitely a project that will not fail to participate!

Agree with you. I wish I was an accrediated investor.
Maybe I can get when it hit the market, it's up to price though Grin
megalith researcher

Activity: 25
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 09:16:35 PM

I don't understand how these ICOs are getting tens of millions of dollars in short periods of time (in a pre-sale, in that case). Some way of knowing if the developers are not buying coins from themselves.
hidetoshi

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 10:46:58 PM

I don't know why they are pleasing SEC regulations, how do they intend to be decentralized by pleasing a group of people? Some of these don't know exactly what they are doing, startup is not cryptocurrency! A part of the Filecoin team I respect because they are competentens and experienced, but these accredited investors... This is reminding me of ZEC! Prepare for Filecoin Classic!

My thoughts as well.
ikeskinoz

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 10:47:35 PM

I don't understand how these ICOs are getting tens of millions of dollars in short periods of time (in a pre-sale, in that case). Some way of knowing if the developers are not buying coins from themselves.

Either I do. Probably they are smelling the money Smiley
KBater

Activity: 15

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 11:26:12 PM

The marketcap is huge for this type of thing and it's only increasingly getting into demand -> at a crazy fast rate. How many hours of youtube footage are uploaded every minute? Thousands and thousands! It's wild that' sjust one example when you start to think about big websites like google, netflix, hulu, facebook, reddit, ect. ect. it's a massive amount of data.
ice18

Activity: 2492
Merit: 542

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 12:40:22 AM

Amazing ICO it raises $200m in 60 minutes is it record breaking? https://www.coindesk.com/200-million-60-minutes-filecoin-ico-rockets-record-amid-tech-issues

VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 01:10:46 AM

Have you read about the truth of filecoin ico? A lot of highprofil backed it. I think because the US person be able to invest their money to the filecoin. Please you must read more about the project itself. rather than made a weird statement like that.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
gerad09

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 01:56:08 AM
Last edit: October 14, 2017, 01:11:44 PM by gerad09

Yeah it's big project! But i just don't get why they still didn't deliver anything , or im just missing out something?

___ dock.io _______Decentralized professional data exchange powered by Ethereum_______
WHITEPAPER          FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM          ANN THREAD
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Fatoshi

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 05:24:19 AM

Remember what George Carlin said its a big club and you're not invited.

All the money from this will go to the developers and venture capital and small investors will have a dumping coin to bag hold. Meanwhile community projects that are multiple times better tech like XtraBytes that does storage as just one of its features is at 7m marketcap. Not for long suckers..
Fatoshi

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 05:25:31 AM

Have you read about the truth of filecoin ico? A lot of highprofil backed it. I think because the US person be able to invest their money to the filecoin. Please you must read more about the project itself. rather than made a weird statement like that.

If you suck any harder on banker cock you will damage your lungs.
mamontkiev

Activity: 32
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2017, 01:05:31 PM

Regulated ICO is not real ICO - it is usual VC money collected with crypto
xiaohang07

Activity: 392
Merit: 253

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 03:57:45 PM

VCs seem to be ready for dumping stupid money into crypto-world. I just don't understand why they invest into a project which has a lot of competitors already.

RonMank

Activity: 588

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 10:48:02 PM

im pretty sure you will get it cheaper on an exchange
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: