Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:31:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Is Bitcoin's Value So Volatile?  (Read 11209 times)
Kisanaq

Activity: 700
Merit: 277

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:19:06 PM

Even it is still volatile. I still wait for the right time to buy, at least lesser in price even a little Smiley

Do not ever think bitcoin prices will go down, better buy now soon because tomorrow or next year the price will reach at least 12k in the first 3 months and 20k in the middle of 2018.
yrreg ger

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:59:53 PM

Why Is Bitcoin's Value So Volatile? I am confused to buy bitcoin now when it's value is too high.

This idea of bitcoin is great, being volatile of price will encourage to use this by some people. Because of volatile price it slowly become popular in our society. The price depends on the supply, same with the other products. There is a right time to buy and right time to sell, if you think the price is too high for buying there's another way to get a bitcoin. Joining to campaign to generate bitcoin, the more you know the more way to earn money.a
Freegan

Activity: 167
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:03:24 PM

The altcoins market is so novel and yet so small that it is easily influenced by speculation, since any relatively small amount of capital can move the market with great force. It is expected that as the market matures, the volatility will gradually decrease.
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 07:35:28 AM

Sometimes it depends in the present new's that is affecting btc just like when china ban bitcoin it has a great affect in the price of btc and the basic thing in economics the supply and demand btc price and every other coins depends on it..
As a whole digital market is an unstable one because too many factors affect it. Bitcoin has the most unstable value due to its fame and scarce supply. This is why even a little increase in support changes the value a lot and a slight reduction devalues it more than our estimations. Compare to this, altcoins do not show great fluctuations as they are available in large amount and not supported by millions of people.
andylowe

Activity: 293
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:15:45 AM

Why Is Bitcoin's Value So Volatile? I am confused to buy bitcoin now when it's value is too high.

There is only one certainty about bitcoin that it will always remain volatile for all times. We can never hold its volatility because we can't predict people's minds. In just one situation, many will dump that can cause bitcoin's price to go low, in some way,  there will come a time when people will pump more and more bitcoins that will cause its price to go up.. So it will always be volatile all the time.
Duogembrot

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:20:20 AM

bitcoin the price will be more expensive because the availability of bitcoin is very limited and difficult in the can, but the market demand is very large and many, it makes the price from year to year more expensive, buy bitcoin now also this is a cheap price.
Budugbass

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:30:36 AM

Of course basically we should really know the price movement of bitcoin that indeed very fluctuates from time to time and we should be able to make good use of bitcoin price itself to gain profit. As we know that the value of Bitcoin it was depends on the rules of demand and supply.  the price is determined by how many trading markets agreed to pay. If a large number of people want to buy Bitcoin, then the price will go up. If more people want to sell Bitcoin, then the price will go down. I am also until now still trying to deepen about this to more mastering (knowing more) the movement of bitcoin price from the other things again.
kutongcoin

Activity: 76

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:34:56 AM

One reason why bitcoin may fluctuate against fiat currencies is the perceived store of value versus the fiat currency.Bitcoin has the properties that make it similar to gold.We see that bitcoin's value can swing based on news events much as we observe with fiat currencies.
bobyhodob

Activity: 1162
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:43:06 AM

the small volume of Bitcoin spread across the network, so Bitcoin price is determined by the supply and demand. If many buy Bitcoin, then its price will go up and also applies vice versa.
News spread globally, making the price easily changed by negative or positive issue.

STUDENTCOIN

Powered by,
Clavulanic

Activity: 714

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:46:00 AM

Sometimes it depends in the present new's that is affecting btc just like when china ban bitcoin it has a great affect in the price of btc and the basic thing in economics the supply and demand btc price and every other coins depends on it..
As a whole digital market is an unstable one because too many factors affect it. Bitcoin has the most unstable value due to its fame and scarce supply. This is why even a little increase in support changes the value a lot and a slight reduction devalues it more than our estimations. Compare to this, altcoins do not show great fluctuations as they are available in large amount and not supported by millions of people.

This is somehow affecting most of the investors weak hands, that's why bitcoin value most of the time is unpredictable and unstable. The volatility spokes the actual outcome that every trader always felt specially when there's successive pumps, most of them sell their assets. Bitcoin price fluctuates fast and it really changes its value whether in a low or higher rate. For now I think millions of people are going to appreciate how bitcoin really been able to surpassed those previous challenges and it made new investors to gain trust with bitcoin so we can expect fast growth of its value as soon as possible.

██████████

████████

██████

████

██████

████████

██████████
Appreciate Coin
Send and receive tokens
in blogs and social
media communities
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
▄████ ███ █████ ███ ████▄
▄█████▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄█████▄
██████▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀██████
██████ ███ █████ ███ ██████
██████▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄██████
▀█████▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀█████▀
▀████ ███ █████ ███ ████▀
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
NO
INFLATION

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄███████▀▀▀███████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀  ▄  ▀▀▀▀████▄
▄████  ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄  ████▄
▄█████  ███████████  █████▄
████▀  ▄██▀     ▀██▄  █████
████  ████  ███  ████  ████
████▄  ▀██▄     ▄██▀  █████
▀█████  ███████████  █████▀
▀████  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀  ████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TECHNICAL
INTEGRATIONS

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀██████████▄
▄█████████▀   ▀█████████▄
▄████████▀       ▀████████▄
█████████▄▄█▌ ▐█▄▄█████████
████████████▌ ▐████████████
████████████▌ ▐████████████
▀███████████▌ ▐███████████▀
▀██████████▌ ▐██████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
GROWING
USE CASES

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████▀   ▀████████▄
▄████▀     ▄▄▄     ▀████▄
▄█████  ███████████  █████▄
████▀  ▄███████▀▀██▄  ▀████
████  ████  ▀▀  ▄████  ████
████▄  ▀███▄  ▄████▀  ▄████
▀█████  ███████████  █████▀
▀████▄     ▀▀▀     ▄████▀
▀████████▄   ▄████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
EASE OF
CRYPTO TRADING

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████████

████████

██████

████

██████

████████

██████████
Skyshark

Activity: 505

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:50:36 AM

Why is bitcoin so volatile? I think this is because of people or investors who keeps on buying and holding bitcoins and those sellers who have been holding their bitcoin for quite some times then suddenly wanted to sell their coins just because they've already reached their market or they got carried away by what they call panic. I think these are some reasons why bitcoin is just so volatile.

enterprevic

Activity: 86

Healthpromag.com

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:26:11 AM

The crypto is so volatile probably because it is a market in which the value is dependent on the rules of demand and supply, and so with that stated, you should know what should happen when the demand is higher and the supply keeps diminishing daily, and also the Chinese investors seem to be fueling the volatility of the market since they know that a big decision in the country would shake the global market they seem to be capping on that.

dulce dd121990

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:31:07 AM

that is the real nature of bitcoin. sometimes it arises its value and sometimes it decreases..all we need to do is just a timing...because that is also a part of investment.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
DevilSlayer

Activity: 1414
Merit: 358

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:44:45 AM

It is natural to all cryptocurrency to become volatile. All of the coins in the cryptocurrency have the characteristic of being volatile. The price of the bitcoin is always changing because of the supply and the demand of the people.
nlhuy0905

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:50:11 AM

glowing10

Activity: 812
Merit: 142

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:52:49 AM

Even it is still volatile. I still wait for the right time to buy, at least lesser in price even a little Smiley

At present the value is down to 5670$ . So if you are looking to buy then it is the good time to buy at this price and once the fork event occurs the prices should set to rise on the upside and this will give you some quick short term gains and also the btc gold.
qwertyup23

Activity: 2254
Merit: 787

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:10:38 AM

Due to bitcoin's decentralized nature, no government agency or corporation can ever regulate and control its price due, which adds to the reason on why it is very volatile. Also, due to certain factors like global events, ICO prohibitions, or even country prohibitions/legalization contribute to the factor on its volatility. There is also a lot of individuals who invest into bitcoin daily, and the law of demand and supply primarily dictates its price in the market.

For your question, if you risked and bought some bitcoins during August 2017 which will cost you around $4000, you could've profited since its price right now is around ~$6000. If ever you have doubts on investing into bitcoins, then consider the price history to be your main basis on your decision. The graph shows that there is a steady increase on its price especially this 2017 due to a lot of factors mentioned.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
michkima

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:20:04 AM

Due to bitcoin's decentralized nature, no government agency or corporation can ever regulate and control its price due, which adds to the reason on why it is very volatile. Also, due to certain factors like global events, ICO prohibitions, or even country prohibitions/legalization contribute to the factor on its volatility. There is also a lot of individuals who invest into bitcoin daily, and the law of demand and supply primarily dictates its price in the market.

For your question, if you risked and bought some bitcoins during August 2017 which will cost you around $4000, you could've profited since its price right now is around ~$6000. If ever you have doubts on investing into bitcoins, then consider the price history to be your main basis on your decision. The graph shows that there is a steady increase on its price especially this 2017 due to a lot of factors mentioned.

That is true, since there is no central entity managing bitcoins and there is nothing that is backing up bitcoins like fiat which is backed up by gold or the state, it is merely supported by supply and demand. The more people want it, the higher the price it will be. That is one of the inherent problem with bitcoins, however, there is still a lot of good that can be achieve if it would become mainstream and would be used in payments. The problem is valuation though, that is a problem the future must solve for bitcoins.
McKane

Activity: 350

IF PROBLEM WITH MY TRUST THEN BRING AN ESCROW.

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:27:32 AM

Why you are confounded about bitcoin esteem do you know even the historical backdrop of bitcoin. Since now a days people are talking much enthusiasm into bitcoin in light of the fact that they realize that bitcoin can twofold there contributed esteem.

IBMINER DONE A GOOD JOB. I learned a lesson from him. He gave me negative trust just because i was dealing with account seller. To buy an account.
katrimans

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:46:54 PM

Yes, that is true, bitcoin is so volatile. Most of the time it is very hard to predict what will be the price for the next hours and what should i do. Sometimes i need to think more before i proceed with my investment.
It is right that bitcoin is much volatile but it is looking now because the other things are not so volatile. I think in future time will be consider the most important and valuable and people will prefer that business which will take less time and earn more than enough for him and every business will be design based on less taking time that time it will not be feel that bitcoin is volatile. Now bitcoin feels valtile because it is the 1st introduction of future to the current people.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: