Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 03:21:05 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Is Bitcoin's Value So Volatile?  (Read 11212 times)
mstfprcn

Activity: 700
Merit: 553

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:01:12 AM

Btc prices are so volatile because it depends mostly in supply and demand, and the market of bitcoins operating 24/7 , seven days a week, variation of its value time to time are different. we can say value of bitcoins is uprising for some factors such as popularity rate, bitcoins are soaring up  by means of media, and most of the country now a days appreciate the significance in terms of processing payments.
Lubang Bawah

Activity: 1358
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 10:14:14 AM

Bitcoin price has been very volatile since early 2017 when it was trading between $800 and $8000, and soon afterwards it went on a parabolic rise to hit a high of $20K within the same year. It spent the next 2 months dropping all the way back down to the $6200s but then went on the ascent again as global uncertainty persisted.
Yes true, bitcoin will continue to be volatile if marketcap is still small, if someday marketcap bitcoin reaches $ 100 trillion then we will never meet prices that rise hundreds or thousands of dollars, probably never more than 1% per day.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
[
[
[
]
]
]
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
whitecaramel1

Activity: 217
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 10:21:36 AM

it is still the most expensive crypto.and it will always be like that because Bticoin is pioneer coin.
andeluna

Activity: 238
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 10:42:08 AM

Bitcoin's value is so volatile because of the investors who are investing in Bitcoin. The more investors, the higher the price will be. I'm sure that Bitcoin will end up strong in this year because it getting famous amd well known.

♲   ∞   GRN Grid   ∞   ♲
█ ♻ ▌A SUSTAINABLE FIRST BLOCKCHAIN WITHOUT COMPROMISES ▌♻ █
GRNGrid.com
Tapyaks72

Activity: 490
Merit: 28

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 10:52:39 AM

Bitcoin price has been very volatile since early 2017 when it was trading between $800 and $8000, and soon afterwards it went on a parabolic rise to hit a high of $20K within the same year. It spent the next 2 months dropping all the way back down to the $6200s but then went on the ascent again as global uncertainty persisted.
Yes true, bitcoin will continue to be volatile if marketcap is still small, if someday marketcap bitcoin reaches $ 100 trillion then we will never meet prices that rise hundreds or thousands of dollars, probably never more than 1% per day.
Yeah it will  continue to become volatile because no body control Bitcoin that would manipulate the price. The movement of price would still a roller coaster ride because it simply follow the law of supply and demand. Because investors usually are still young in the industries any negative events of bitcoin would lead to panic dump ,once these will happen some investors will buy because they also think as an opportunity and then price climb back to roller coaster loop.

Kisanaq

Activity: 700
Merit: 277

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:19:29 AM

The most volatility comes from the fact that Bitcoin market is still very small comparing to other older and established markets. Also no regulation on top of crypto market doing its job.
Yes true, bitcoin marketcap is currently very small when compared to products or commodities in forex, if marketcap reaches $ 50 trillion then bitcoin will be stable and will never rise or fall as it is today.
FUD Expert

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:47:16 PM

It's just the simple of law and demand. People are not used to trading so they are not used to wait for a good price but to buy eagerly instead. That's what happened back in December when the FOMO was so intense and they just buy whatever the price is there and that makes it highly volatile.
dharnamonitor

Activity: 448

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:12:43 PM

bitcoins value is volatile because the one who hold the prices is us, bitcoin community. put it simply that the prices will keep up with the demand and supply percentages. it is sweet if demands high and low supply  Smiley

Indeed,  additionally, some people manipulates the price by using their huge amount of coins. But those things are usually used for the altcoins. Demand and supply has a significant role in the price of it so don't be surprised when the price changed within an hour

carlbreezy

Activity: 106

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:36:30 PM

Bitcoin's volatility makes it highly profitable isn't it? If you only do it the right way.
Fesatmas

Activity: 2268
Merit: 275

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:42:09 PM

Why Is Bitcoin's Value So Volatile? I am confused to buy bitcoin now when it's value is too high.

I think it's normally happen on crypto not only bitcoin this also happen on mostly altcoin. So do not be confused about that we do not know exactly what cause make that happen. Every people who want to invest on crypto must know the risk if not they will frustrating about the volatile is going.

DuelbitsSPORTS
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10% CASHBACK
          100% MULTICHARGER
sheryl26

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:09:04 PM

Why Is Bitcoin's Value So Volatile? I am confused to buy bitcoin now when it's value is too high.

Because the bitcoins are created to be volatile and they are always depending on the activities of the people day by day. So my advice if you're planning on buying bitcoins do notnever buy bitcpins in their highest price because youbwill expect them to fall tremendously. Look at those people qho buy bitcoins in december when the bitcoins are in the moon after a week it falls and up to now the price are mot recovering. It takes a pot pf months before the bitcoins rise again.
CookieDude

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:25:42 PM

Bitcoin is and always will be very volatile, but this does not mean having to give up his purchase. If you look at the chart of growth rates you will see that every year the price of bitcoin is increasing. This trend will persist for a very long time so you can buy it at any time.

so i should buy bitcoin at this point or when the value reduce.

You should look into buying it when theres something that effects the market, like the Chinese new year that was going and the prices dropped low on that month and it raised back to 11K as we speak.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:45:11 PM

I think it's normally happen on crypto not only bitcoin this also happen on mostly altcoin. So do not be confused about that we do not know exactly what cause make that happen. Every people who want to invest on crypto must know the risk if not they will frustrating about the volatile is going.
Decentralized system, that is the reason for the cryptocurrencies like bitcoin and also altcoins to be so volatile because with the decentralized, it doesn't allow any person to modify or do some regulation because that is not appropriate thing in terms of using the cryptocurrencies. We cannot change it, the volatility, but we can just enjoy it by trading with it.
Sandijoee

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:40:59 PM

Bitcoin will always change and will always update every day, every hour, even every minute. Bitcoin is very volatile because its value depends on the market movement which is supply and demand. I think so reasonable value bitcoin so Volatile. Smiley
ramgonzales

Activity: 162
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:46:10 PM

Well, my take on this is, Bitcoin is decentalized and no one is controlling it that's why it is greatlyt affected by the laws of supply and demand. And just to add, Bitcoin market is still young a lot od enthusiasts are still not that experienced that is why they are still being swayed by FUD due to volatility.

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
AhaFly

Activity: 56
Merit: 18

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:50:50 PM

That is because Bitcoin market is not mature. It is still in its early stage. When will Bitcoin market become mature? When more and more shops and commodity prices are related with Bitcoin payment, Bitcoin price will become stable. When this day comes, anyone that attempts to change Bitcoin price is fighting with the whole payment system including numerous shops and commodities. This will be quite hard to change Bitcoin price.
fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:42:51 AM

Bitcoin is and always will be very volatile, but this does not mean having to give up his purchase. If you look at the chart of growth rates you will see that every year the price of bitcoin is increasing. This trend will persist for a very long time so you can buy it at any time.

You should look into buying it when theres something that effects the market, like the Chinese new year that was going and the prices dropped low on that month and it raised back to 11K as we speak.
It is not good to be confused about bitcoin it is nature of bitcoin that it use to increase and decrease with time so just look at the market if in maker price is down it mean you should buy and it is time to save it but if they demand of bitcoin in market is high and price is increasing too then you should sell for profit, on the other hand I would say that instability and fluctuation is the best thing about bitcoin, bitcoin is volatile and it will make price of bitcoin at the peak of all other currencies.
HalfDeck

Activity: 223
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 06:39:41 PM

It is not good to be confused about bitcoin it is nature of bitcoin that it use to increase and decrease with time so just look at the market if in maker price is down it mean you should buy and it is time to save it but if they demand of bitcoin in market is high and price is increasing too then you should sell for profit, on the other hand I would say that instability and fluctuation is the best thing about bitcoin, bitcoin is volatile and it will make price of bitcoin at the peak of all other currencies.
According to my experience, I have some factors to know the next short time trending for any cryptocurrency, not only Bitcoin:
1. When the Bitcoin trading volume increased higher 80% than normal but the value of Bitcoin has changed below 1-3%, that is the time to buy Bitcoin as soon as you can.
2. When the Bitcoin trading volume increased or decreased more 80%-50% than normal but the value of Bitcoin has changed more 5-10%, that is the time to sell Bitcoin as soon as you can, even you must to take loss, because the big bearish trend will happend in the next time.

BTW, please give me some merits if you think my experience useful for your trading Tongue, thanks a lot.
coinic

Activity: 352
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:36:03 PM

I think I should wait a month for reduce bitcoin value.

Thats a nice idea,  having with the guide of chart rates helps a lot.  I'm waiting too so i can buy. Rates going up high then drop low, thats the time i will buy bitcoin.

romeo23

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:44:59 AM

There are Two reasons... Firstly low volumes. Imagine a thought experiment where there were two bitcoin transaction per day. If the counterparties to the morning trade settle for example at $300, and the afternoon counterparties settle at $306, you've got a 2% shift. If those trades were two amongst millions, they wouldn't move the needle.Secondly, the bitcoin price isn't linked to any fundamentals or utility. It's purely priced on sentiment. So if say a news article engenders positive sentiment, people are attracted to buy based on the article, or attracted to buy on the prospect that others will be too. So there is a snowball effect. The two combine, so if there is a positive trend, it's exaggerated by the lack of liquidity. So for example, if sentiment is negative, you're struggling to find buyers at FMV, so are forced to chase the price down..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: