Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:45:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What was your Biggest Crypto Blunder?  (Read 303 times)
cryptodoll (OP)

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

Show me your #masternodes

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 06:23:57 PM

Mine is pretty epic. Way back around 2011, I discovered bitcoin. It was $50 a coin. I thought about buying a dozen or so, but I thought, "Nah, this is a fluke, its a scam, the price will probably go way down." 2 weeks later, it hit $1200. Ugh. *Palm to forehead!*

Now, I look back, and if I bought those dozen bitcoins for $600, my BTC would be worth around $36k.

Point? Sometimes you gotta take risks.

What was your worst cryptocurrency blunder?

CryptoDoll
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 8178

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 07:20:51 PM

Mine is pretty epic. Way back around 2011, I discovered bitcoin. It was $50 a coin. I thought about buying a dozen or so, but I thought, "Nah, this is a fluke, its a scam, the price will probably go way down." 2 weeks later, it hit $1200. Ugh. *Palm to forehead!*

Now, I look back, and if I bought those dozen bitcoins for $600, my BTC would be worth around $36k.

CryptoDoll

In 2011 Bitcoin never got much above $20.  It went sub $5 again in 2012.  The last time the price was $50 would have been March 2013 and it took about 7 months until the price of Bitcoin hit $1200 in November 2013.  So, you had 2 years to act at sub $50 and failed to do so!  Don't sugar coat your blunder Wink

Ah well, if you had acted, what would you have done with $36k? 
tavogi.com

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 08:23:15 PM

Buying BTC right before the fork last week seems so obvious in hindsight. The chances that the price at that point would be higher than the price of BTC + BCH the next day were basically zero.
MaskOffFuture

Activity: 127

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 11:27:35 PM

Buying BTC right before the fork last week seems so obvious in hindsight. The chances that the price at that point would be higher than the price of BTC + BCH the next day were basically zero.

We still have the chance, I believe. Look at all other people are seeking for bitcoin and other coins. The demand is increasing and the price will go much upper.
cryptodoll (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 12:22:44 AM

CryptoDoll

In 2011 Bitcoin never got much above $20.  It went sub $5 again in 2012.  The last time the price was $50 would have been March 2013 and it took about 7 months until the price of Bitcoin hit $1200 in November 2013.  So, you had 2 years to act at sub $50 and failed to do so!  Don't sugar coat your blunder Wink

Ah well, if you had acted, what would you have done with $36k? 

Well, maybe it was a bit of a big fish story. All I remember is that I discovered the coin when it was really low, and then it went really high! Could have been $5 and gone to $500. Something of that nature.

Mmmm, I either would have done the responsible thing and saved up, or I would have blown it all in Vegas. Maybe a happy medium...
cryptodoll (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 12:31:39 AM

It is always a gamble, and I have kicked myself in the rear for moves that seem to be so obvious in hindsight. Crypto is a rollercoaster, never stops being full of surprises!
bjjobg55206

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 01:05:12 AM

I waste a lots of money to invest the not technology crptocurrecy
the fuck scam ,let me more hard work  Angry
racasanuk

Activity: 94

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 05:58:03 AM

My biggest blunder must have been that piss coin (urine something other) I got suckered into buying some years ago when it was being pumped.
Oh and the other was selling my bitcoinBlack far too soon

★★★ INTENSE COIN ★★★
BLOCKCHAIN BACKED DECENTRALISED P2P VPN
MediumTwitterSlackDiscordRedditFacebookWhitepaperBitcointalk Ann
             ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
romer123

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 07:15:02 AM

my biggest blunder must have been that piss coin(urine somethinh other) l got suckered into buying some years ago when it was being pumped. oh and the other was selling my bitcoinblack far too soon                                                 
Indighost

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 12:20:03 PM

i'm quite new to crypto so I haven't had any major blunder yet. Except that I would like to have known of it much earlier, not having bought it but actually knowing about the technology. Am curious if i would have bought when the price was low
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: