Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:48:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When did altcoins got so popular?  (Read 2682 times)
YS84

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

UTEMIS| pre-ICO 15.02.2018 | +50% Bonus

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 03:20:58 AM

That’s a good topic to discuss here. Last 2 years I think altcoins got more popular, because people were more encouraged to invest on online trading and investment as well as many campaigns involved to promote some altcoins. Also forums gave the knowledge about altcoins and how to invest in there to get more profit. Another point is that people tempt to invest in altcoins because bitcoin price got high. It’s not good to depend on one coin due to its risk on profit.

Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Haesoo

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 06:01:00 AM

As many people wants to follow the trend of bitcoin, they created altcoin to taste also the success. Yeah last two years altcoin became popular like they sees it as an another way to make profit. Unlimited profit that they bother with bitcoin since you can only mine 21 million of it. And people sees also its potential in the market.
Palider

Activity: 1273
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 08:12:08 AM

Hey all.  I would like to know this.  We all know bitcoin got well know a while back.  But it wasn't until this year when bitcoin hit 1000 dollars when everyone became aware of it.  Then it went up more and more etc.  I did not know much about any other coins besides litecoin.  I had no clue there were so many coins etc.

Well what i want to know is when exactly did all these altcoins got so popular but most importantly, were there lot of discussions of altcoins before bitcoin hit 1000 dollars?  Because had i know about these altcoins, i probably would have gotten a good bit of them at low prices.  I had no clue litecoin was so low price at the start of this year.  Basically every altcoin in the top 25 etc has went up a lot where you could have made so much money etc.

I guess altcoins became popular because of it's price variation and fluctuation. A lot of people are earning a lot because of altcoin trading. I think that's one of the best reason why altcoins existed. All you need to do is to find a cheap coin with a lot of potential in the market, buy low and sell high.
YoyodyneSystems
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 08:28:10 AM

Luckily for me I think it was the day after I signed up!
dimatu

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 08:40:25 AM

It's not that altcoins became popular, it is that ICOs and startup built around those models provide innovations, need, and liquidity, this coupled with the general crypto currency adoption makes it good reason to see them shine.
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 09:36:38 AM

Alt coin has become popular because it gives a very promising profit, and some of the alt coin can give more profit than Bitcoin and trading alt coin is more profitable than bitcoin, many people gained more profit with trading alt coin, alt coin is really suitable for short term investment

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
Karmakid

Activity: 742
Merit: 397

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 02:09:34 PM

Hey all.  I would like to know this.  We all know bitcoin got well know a while back.  But it wasn't until this year when bitcoin hit 1000 dollars when everyone became aware of it.  Then it went up more and more etc.  I did not know much about any other coins besides litecoin.  I had no clue there were so many coins etc.

Well what i want to know is when exactly did all these altcoins got so popular but most importantly, were there lot of discussions of altcoins before bitcoin hit 1000 dollars?  Because had i know about these altcoins, i probably would have gotten a good bit of them at low prices.  I had no clue litecoin was so low price at the start of this year.  Basically every altcoin in the top 25 etc has went up a lot where you could have made so much money etc.

I think altcoins became popular, when bitcoin started to become expensive. People looked for alternatives since trading btc is not quite commendable. The profit in trading altcoins is very promising. A lot of people are earning a lot of money because of altcoin trading. This is one of the best reason I can come up to.
Emperor of Man

Activity: 885
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 02:23:51 PM

Bitcoin was a great opportunity, but many people lost it because they didn't adapt early. People don't want to repeat that mistake with good alts. Smiley
kelseydustin

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 03:42:54 PM

The altcoin has become popular right after the existence of bitcoin.  And right now, people are focusing on developing altcoins in order to make the cryptocurrency more stable and stronger. Altcoins will strongly support bitcoin if they are used on the world. If you know about bitcoin, you need to spend more time to learn about altcoins because altcoin will become a part of the future
dimonstration

Activity: 2576
Merit: 660

Dimon6969

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 04:24:15 PM

I guess altcoins became popular because of it's price variation and fluctuation. A lot of people are earning a lot because of altcoin trading. I think that's one of the best reason why altcoins existed. All you need to do is to find a cheap coin with a lot of potential in the market, buy low and sell high.
Altcoin has a good price and the way how does it works. Altcoin became popular because of it at first the famous is bitcoin but now there is altcoin that make some noise hre in forum for how the way it process.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
teamcryptonator

Activity: 749
Merit: 503

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 04:50:49 PM

I think altcoins became popular, when bitcoin started to become expensive. People looked for alternatives since trading btc is not quite commendable. The profit in trading altcoins is very promising. A lot of people are earning a lot of money because of altcoin trading. This is one of the best reason I can come up to.
No, altcoin became popular by the value of Ethereum and Ripple growth very more in short time, special Ethereum from $6 per coin in October 2016, it reached to high than $400 per coin in May 2017, just 8 months for do that. Ripple better than, only one month from @400 sat reach to @7500 sat and falldown to @2500 in 2 weeks, then it rising up again reached high than @20k sat in May too.

███████████████████████
     ███▄ ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█▀▀  █████
    ███  █▀  ▀█▀▀▀       ▐█ ███
   ███  ▄██▄▄█▀▄▄▄        █▌ ███
  ███ ▄█▀  █     ▀█▄▄     ▐█  ▐██
 ███▄█▀    █        ▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄ ██
████▀      █           ▀██▀   ▀█ ██
 ██▀█▄     █          ▄█▀▀█▄▄▄█▀██
  ██ ▀█▄   █      ▄▄█▀▀    ▐█  ██
   ██  ▀█▄█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀        █▌ ██
    ███  █▄  ▄█▀█▄▄▄      █▌███
     ███  ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀█▄▄▐████
      ███████████████████████

▄▄       ▄▄▄        ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄ 
  ▀█▄   ▄█▀ ▀█▄    ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀   ▀▀█▄
    ▀█▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█▀  ▐█         █▌
    ▄█▀█▄      ▄█▀    ▐█         █▌
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█▀       █▄       ▄█
▄█▀       ▀██▀          ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀

Network
BLOCKCHAIN JUST ENTERED THE REAL WORLD
..Decentralized Crypto-Location Oracle Network.
.........GET WHITELISTED FOR TOKEN SALE ( Limited )..........

.WHITE PAPER.  ││  ANN Thread  Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Reddit
Script

Activity: 263

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 04:56:23 PM

Back in 2013 there were new coins released everyday, much like now. Cheesy

Cryptsy was the exchange you'de go to trade shitcoins.

Altcoins were always popular.

❰❰❰ GREENPAPER █████   TERRAGREEN   █████  ANN THREAD ❱❱❱
●●● ▬▬ Facebook  ❰❰❰  Blockchain Based Renewable Energy Platform  ❱❱❱  LinkedIn ▬▬ ●●●
Telegram Twitter    ICO Website    Reddit    Medium
Hamphser

Activity: 2464
Merit: 325

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 05:28:05 PM

As i put my feet on this cryptoworld i do notice on those days that there are some coins which are being launched and been included on the market but comparing it as of todays situation the popularity increase even more and there are lots of coins,ICOs do popped out everynow and then and time comes that most of them turns out to be shitcoin in the end.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Dikobit

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 06:15:04 PM

every successfull coin at some point have to be an "altcoin" to be honest, they will always be popular
Kaller

Activity: 752
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 10:45:12 PM

More like Craptsy! They closed up and stole everyone's money... for some reason does everyone forget?
Everyone always talks about BTC-e, Mt. Gox , but what about Cryptsy?!
Ipwich

Activity: 1050
Merit: 529

Student Coin

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 10:59:18 PM

More like Craptsy! They closed up and stole everyone's money... for some reason does everyone forget?
Everyone always talks about BTC-e, Mt. Gox , but what about Cryptsy?!
Altcoins are destine to be popular because bitcoin are getting popular as well, we know bitcoin has it's limitation
therefore we can expect that devs are building their project using the concept of decentralization or blockchain.
Like for example, now there are a lot of projects that are using the smart contract or the Ethereum platform and as they are
getting popular, eth are also getting more popular.

STUDENTCOIN