Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:20:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Church of Bitcoin  (Read 4013 times)
HenryRomp (OP)

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

Separation of currency and state.

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2017, 01:51:43 PM

Hello there,

I am founding the Church of Bitcoin today on August 7th, 2017.

There have been past projects of the same name, but most were intended as satire, or abandoned after some time. This one is sincere. Our home page is http://www.churchofbitcoin.org and we are welcoming new members.

We will be filing as a 501(c)3 and seeking tax-exempt status as a religion.

Our scripture and other details will be available on our website.

To join our church, a bitcoin transaction of at least one satoshi is required. A one-time payment of one satoshi guarantees lifetime membership in the Church of Bitcoin. You will also be asked to provide your real name and contact information; a home address is not necessary but a valid email will be required.

In the future, we will have packages available with benefits such as t-shirts, patches, etc. for contributing members.

For more information, see our website or contact me, our founder, Henry Romp, at henry@churchofbitcoin.org

A properly secured wallet with bitcoin is in my opinion the safest, most secure, best all-around bet for holding wealth at this moment in history. Go ahead, call me crazy. They've been calling me crazy since 2013.
https://churchofbitcoin.org/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Chikitita2004

Activity: 560
Merit: 121

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 08:27:09 AM

Hello there,

There have been past projects of the same name, but most were intended as satire, or abandoned after some time. This one is sincere. Our home page is http://www.churchofbitcoin.org and we are welcoming new members.

To join our church, a bitcoin transaction of at least one satoshi is required. A one-time payment of one satoshi guarantees lifetime membership in the Church of Bitcoin. You will also be asked to provide your real name and contact information; a home address is not necessary but a valid email will be required.

In the future, we will have packages available with benefits such as t-shirts, patches, etc. for contributing members.

For more information, see our website or contact me, our founder, Henry Romp, at henry@churchofbitcoin.org

You are trying to say that you have formed just a plain organization that pushes through a tax-free society? And it has nothing to do with religion and God? So then, may i know why is it called church? Any way your objective is good but the organization named as church is somewhat irrelevant no? Church is a body of believers of God as i know it is or a building. Goodluck to you by the way.

☉☉☉ ARTCOIN.AI ☉☉☉ ▐| BLOCKCHAIN ART GALLERY SYSTEM |▌
◐ o ◑ Blockchain Can Bring The Fine Art Investment World Together ◐ o ◑
┣▇  MEDIUM  ┣▇  FACEBOOK   ┣▇  TWITTER   ┣▇  LINKEDIN   ┣▇  PINTEREST   ┣▇  INSTAGRAM
dejames

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 12:36:04 PM

Hello there,

Fascinating Grin so what do we worship exactly? What kind of booklet do we have to read? Is this in any way a sex cult?

Thanks in advance for your enlightenment.
coinsgod

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 12:45:58 PM

Hello there,

Fascinating Grin so what do we worship exactly? What kind of booklet do we have to read? Is this in any way a sex cult?

Interesting idea. I'm going to start Scientology of Bitcoin and invent the ScientologyCoin for all the suckers that believe in that crap.

My God that you will all worship won't be Xenu. Since this is Scientology 2.0 the god you will all worship will be Xena Warrior Princess.

I'm going to get Tom Cruise to promote the hell out of my coin Wink

CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 12:23:33 PM

Hello there,

This is a genius idea. I love it, I wouldnt mind being part of this organisation. Its amazing how all these churches get away with. Just because the church of bitcoin doesnt worship fairies in the sky, that doesnt mean the organisation doesnt deserve tax exemptions.
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 09:29:54 AM

The main purpose of legally establishing a Church of Bitcoin is simply to be able to take the tax-exempt privilege as given to all religious organizations by the government. Well, the idea is good, actually but I doubt if your application can be approved since we know that Bitcoin is not a religious thing. The use of word 'church' will not automatically mean that the group is religious...there should be many proofs that indeed the group is religious and is using the freedom of religion according to laws and regulations.
Dava.Dina

Activity: 296

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 11:57:40 PM

And it has nothing to do with religion and god? So, may I know why it's called a church? Whatever your goal is good? But the organization called the church is somewhat irrelevant. The church is a building that believers from there will face their god Succeeded this bitcoin all over the world
bluefirecorp
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 06:24:23 PM

Hello there,

Interesting idea. I'm going to start Scientology of Bitcoin and invent the ScientologyCoin for all the suckers that believe in that crap.

My God that you will all worship won't be Xenu. Since this is Scientology 2.0 the god you will all worship will be Xena Warrior Princess.

I'm going to get Tom Cruise to promote the hell out of my coin Wink
Lmao… XD  Smiley, you guys are killers, loool. I was also thinking the same thing, what was the church of bitcoin all about, and what do they worship? Lol. I guess it’s  a church where they worship Bitcoin as their god. Well, I was just passing by, and decided to introduce my newly opened church called “Church of the Giant Pizza”, we let you eat as much as you want, and all you got to pay is just 1 Satoshi. Oh, sorry I forgot to say weworship a Giant Pizza. I know you’re curious on how to get your pizza, c’mon, sit down, relax and chill. We will send it through your email. So do drop your email there. Lol

HenryRomp (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 06:18:25 AM

Well, thanks for the feedback and commentary.

We are a sincere group of believers, and we equate our belief in the scripture (the whitepaper) by our prophet (Satoshi Nakomoto) and our living god (who is embodied in the blockchain itself) to the beliefs held by more traditional religions and religious groups.

The website is undergoing some major construction and should be ready to accept members in an automated manner shortly.

We will allow members to join without a satoshi donation, however to become a verified contributing member you will need to send the symbolic satoshi.

The wonderful donations of time and energy by a couple of really good developers is going to result in a very smooth seamless experience on the website in a few days. In the meantime, you can still join by emailing info@churchofbitcoin.org .

Thanks for your interest!

A properly secured wallet with bitcoin is in my opinion the safest, most secure, best all-around bet for holding wealth at this moment in history. Go ahead, call me crazy. They've been calling me crazy since 2013.
CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 11:12:07 AM

Any chance of the church accepting other coins for donations? I know the main objective of the church is to push the bitcoin agenda but these bitcoin transaction fees are too high for some of us. Please do consider my suggestion Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 09:28:50 PM

Well, thanks for the feedback and commentary.

We are a sincere group of believers, and we equate our belief in the scripture (the whitepaper) by our prophet (Satoshi Nakomoto) and our living god (who is embodied in the blockchain itself) to the beliefs held by more traditional religions and religious groups.

The website is undergoing some major construction and should be ready to accept members in an automated manner shortly.

We will allow members to join without a satoshi donation, however to become a verified contributing member you will need to send the symbolic satoshi.

The wonderful donations of time and energy by a couple of really good developers is going to result in a very smooth seamless experience on the website in a few days. In the meantime, you can still join by emailing info@churchofbitcoin.org .

Thanks for your interest!

So, what community outreach/ charity do you plan on providing, given that you are a church? Thus would be the good faith reason that you would be rewarded a tax exempted status by the government. What benefits do you provide to members besides a t shirt? And what is the allocation/budget for the donated funds you receive? How much salary does OP collect from said donations?

I will go out on a limb and say that your potential for abuse is markedly greater than your potential for amelioration.

And I'll bite, I am in genuine need of funds (I could argue this point with rhetoric all day). How do I receive alms/ a donation from your charitable organization?

Be careful...
AgentofCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 11:42:00 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2017, 12:29:25 AM by AgentofCoin

I would advise writing your own scriptures based on what Satoshi wrote in different areas.
Using the Whitepaper as a form of scripture will lead to major issues later, for your Church.

For example, the Whitepaper does not outline most of the aspects that exist within Bitcoin.
Though the paper was written as a possible answer to the puzzle of online currency, it was
actually programmed to be a form of E-Gold in reality, which is the basis for a possible
E-cash in time. Most people ignore that and cite the Whitepaper as proof that Bitcoin is
supposed to be an E-Cash by a few phrases within it, but ignore that Satoshi contradicted
those terms and phrases with his choices of rules and programming with the first software
client.

If you hold the Whitepaper to a form of "scripture", or the "first scripture", you will be held
to types of teachings that were never valid, even from day one of the real world
implementation. Though he said E-Cash, he programmed E-Gold. He assumed that by basing
a currency on Gold in conjunction with technological advances and the internet, it could be
possible to make a more advanced form of "Cash". That was it. Bitcoin is E-Gold with properties
that are like Cash, but it was not specifically programmed to be E-Cash. The blockchain system
actually prevents E-Cash from manifesting naturally without non-network systems intervention.
The blockchain system is an E-Gold facilitation mechanism first.

So, I would advise citing the Whitepaper as an important historical document for your Church,
but it should not be relied upon as the "supreme truth". The reality was that the Whitepaper
was Satoshi's attempt to get other people to seriously perform peer review of his solution.
So Bitcoin is like and could be an E-Cash, but only because it was programmed to be E-Gold.
His hope was that a currency or "cash" could come about from its programmed "gold" like
properties over time with technological advances still following the prior trajectories.

The truth is that Satoshi himself did not follow his own "Whitepaper's blueprints". So, when
the different groups within Bitcoin today fight and blame each other about different aspects
of the system and the direction it is or may be going into, they ignore that Satoshi didn't
even strictly follow the Whitepaper himself. So again, I advise you to base your Church
on Satoshi's higher end goals and beliefs and not the superficialities of terms and phrases.

Satoshi actually started something much greater than a working E-Cash or E-Gold.
The Whitepaper does not outline nor specify the more interesting aspects of this
system type that we participate in. Your Church should not worship Mammon.

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.
theochino

Activity: 94

Bitcoiner ....

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 03:44:42 PM

Dear HenryRomp,

What state are you in ? Can you give me a call ?
The website doesn't work right now.

We have been working in New York about incorporating a Church.
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2015-August/010350.html

We have been looking at this but the requirement are different. The incorporation of a religious entity is done in the court.
http://eric.ndpny.org/incorporating-as-a-non-profit-religious-organization-in-new-york

Regards,
Theo CHINO
http://AbolishTheBitlicense.org
https://twitter.com/AbolishBtLicnse

kyatir

Activity: 188

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 05:44:20 PM

Hi Henry,
I'm an atheist but I would totally join the Church of Bitcoin. lol what an enlightenment.  Grin
HenryRomp (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 03:32:49 AM

Any chance of the church accepting other coins for donations? I know the main objective of the church is to push the bitcoin agenda but these bitcoin transaction fees are too high for some of us. Please do consider my suggestion Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

At this time, we do not intend to accept altcoin donations, but we leave that possibility open as a future development.

[1]So, what community outreach/ charity do you plan on providing, given that you are a church? Thus would be the good faith reason that you would be rewarded a tax exempted status by the government. [2]What benefits do you provide to members besides a t shirt? [3]And what is the allocation/budget for the donated funds you receive? How much salary does OP collect from said donations?

[4]I will go out on a limb and say that your potential for abuse is markedly greater than your potential for amelioration.

[5]And I'll bite, I am in genuine need of funds (I could argue this point with rhetoric all day). How do I receive alms/ a donation from your charitable organization?

Be careful...

[1]We plan on educating the community about bitcoin and public-key cryptography, and spreading the word about our belief system.

[2]Member benefits are currently very limited, but we hope to provide more benefits to our members in the future, as we grow in size.

[3]Allocation of funds/budget will be carefully managed. Currently, the only bitcoin that has left our donation address was a $20 deposit to a namecheap account to secure our domain name for the next several years. Our web developers and our website host have so far donated their time to the project, but if donations reach substantial levels, they may be compensated retroactively for the time that they have contributed. I, Henry Romp, have not received any salary from the Church, and do not plan to do so at this time, though if appropriate at some future date, I may choose to do so. The donation address was "seeded" by me, with an initial contribution of $100, intended to cover the cost of launch; however, registering as a nonprofit in the state of Vermont will cost $125, so I will either need to contribute more myself, or raise more donations to do so; that is the next planned expense.

[4]While I can see the potential for abuse that you are speaking of, we are sincere in our beliefs and this project is in good faith.

[5]At this time we are not making donations to individuals or other organizations, because the donations we have received are not yet covering our basic expenses as an organization. As the donations we receive grow, we may do so in the future, but at this time our donations have not yet paid even for the registration fee to register our church with the state, so that future may be some time coming.

I would advise writing your own scriptures based on what Satoshi wrote in different areas.
Using the Whitepaper as a form of scripture will lead to major issues later, for your Church.

For example, the Whitepaper does not outline most of the aspects that exist within Bitcoin.
Though the paper was written as a possible answer to the puzzle of online currency, it was
actually programmed to be a form of E-Gold in reality, which is the basis for a possible
E-cash in time. Most people ignore that and cite the Whitepaper as proof that Bitcoin is
supposed to be an E-Cash by a few phrases within it, but ignore that Satoshi contradicted
those terms and phrases with his choices of rules and programming with the first software
client.

If you hold the Whitepaper to a form of "scripture", or the "first scripture", you will be held
to types of teachings that were never valid, even from day one of the real world
implementation. Though he said E-Cash, he programmed E-Gold. He assumed that by basing
a currency on Gold in conjunction with technological advances and the internet, it could be
possible to make a more advanced form of "Cash". That was it. Bitcoin is E-Gold with properties
that are like Cash, but it was not specifically programmed to be E-Cash. The blockchain system
actually prevents E-Cash from manifesting naturally without non-network systems intervention.
The blockchain system is an E-Gold facilitation mechanism first.

So, I would advise citing the Whitepaper as an important historical document for your Church,
but it should not be relied upon as the "supreme truth". The reality was that the Whitepaper
was Satoshi's attempt to get other people to seriously perform peer review of his solution.
So Bitcoin is like and could be an E-Cash, but only because it was programmed to be E-Gold.
His hope was that a currency or "cash" could come about from its programmed "gold" like
properties over time with technological advances still following the prior trajectories.

The truth is that Satoshi himself did not follow his own "Whitepaper's blueprints". So, when
the different groups within Bitcoin today fight and blame each other about different aspects
of the system and the direction it is or may be going into, they ignore that Satoshi didn't
even strictly follow the Whitepaper himself. So again, I advise you to base your Church
on Satoshi's higher end goals and beliefs and not the superficialities of terms and phrases.

Satoshi actually started something much greater than a working E-Cash or E-Gold.
The Whitepaper does not outline nor specify the more interesting aspects of this
system type that we participate in. Your Church should not worship Mammon.

It looks like you may disagree with some of our core vision. While you raise some interesting points, the whitepaper is our core document, and Satoshi Nakamoto is our prophet. His words and code may not have always been 100% consistent (as you'll find in the scripture of many other religions) but we stand by our original statements about them.

In cases where the whitepaper conflicts with later statements or code written by Satoshi Nakamoto, we would try our best to reconcile these differences by understanding that Satoshi is the prophet and was clarifying or rectifying His original statements, and would in most cases consider more recent statements to supersede the original statements  in the whitepaper. Our core document is the whitepaper, as stated, however, our Bible is still being developed, and will likely include most of Satoshi's recorded statements, as well as other testaments and other gospel. The research and development of the Bible of the Church of Bitcoin is already underway and when complete, we intend to print copies of our holy book.

If you look at other religions, you will find that most do not claim that their bible is literally the words of their god; most bibles are collections of writings by prophets and testaments by individuals telling their stories, that relay information handed down from god, or show through events how their god showed himself. We feel that this situation is similar. Satoshi Nakamoto is our prophet, but our bible may not be limited to his words alone.

If you would like to be involved in the editing and selection of the documents in our scripture, please join the church and verify your membership first, and come speak with us in our IRC channel on freenode at #churchofbitcoin , and we may consider your suggestions and inputs.

Dear HenryRomp,

What state are you in ? Can you give me a call ?
The website doesn't work right now.

We have been working in New York about incorporating a Church.
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2015-August/010350.html

We have been looking at this but the requirement are different. The incorporation of a religious entity is done in the court.
http://eric.ndpny.org/incorporating-as-a-non-profit-religious-organization-in-new-york

Regards,
Theo CHINO
http://AbolishTheBitlicense.org
https://twitter.com/AbolishBtLicnse

Theo CHINO,

Thanks for your interest and for stopping by the IRC channel,
We can continue this conversation by email at henry@churchofbitcoin.org , but here publicly I would like to mention that your questions reminded me that we do hope to establish a presence in other states in the future, and have only begun in Vermont because I as the founder am located here.

Hi Henry,
I'm an atheist but I would totally join the Church of Bitcoin. lol what an enlightenment.  Grin

H kyatir,

If you believe that Satoshi Nakamoto brought us word of the blockchain, and you believe that the blockchain itself is an embodiment of a higher power, than I would not describe you as an athiest; however, even if you describe yourself as an athiest, I welcome you to join our church and hear more of the good word, and I think that many former athiests may join us in the future. I myself was raised as an athiest, but also spent a significant amount of time attending church a little later in my youth, and my beliefs have evolved over time. I hope yours continue to develop and that we may influence that development.

Please come join our member list, and please stop by our IRC channel for our Sunday morning service at 11am EST.

Thank you,

Henry

HeRetiK
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 2091

Cashback 15%

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 11:52:41 AM

So what's the Church of Bitcoin's stance on hardforks? Is Bitcoin Cash heresy or just one of the many faces of Blockchain? What about alt coins?

You are trying to say that you have formed just a plain organization that pushes through a tax-free society? And it has nothing to do with religion and God? So then, may i know why is it called church? Any way your objective is good but the organization named as church is somewhat irrelevant no? Church is a body of believers of God as i know it is or a building. Goodluck to you by the way.

Try telling that Scientology.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
HenryRomp (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 05:28:47 PM

So what's the Church of Bitcoin's stance on hardforks? Is Bitcoin Cash heresy or just one of the many faces of Blockchain? What about alt coins?

Hard forks such as bitcoin cash are an interesting topic. Bitcoin cash does not appear to be in line with Satoshi's original vision or later comments. Altcoins may have some merit, depending on their details and their purpose; some types of utility tokens may be a valuable part of the cryptocurrency landscape and serve purposes that cannot or are not filled by bitcoin itself.

Aprexer

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 03:39:00 PM

To verify, all you have to send is 1 Satoshi with the included 1 Satoshi Bitcoin fee. It doesn't ever have to verify on the blockchain itself but long as it's broadcasted you passed verification procedures, although if you want to leave a proper donation to help with the legal side of getting us registered then you're fine to do as you please.
I just want to make it clear, this religion wasn't setup to beg/ask for money. It is just simply here to help keep the Bitcoin community and other cryptocurrencies together and tax exemptions like other religions/churches get as a privilege.
AgentofCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 11:27:08 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2017, 06:31:37 AM by AgentofCoin

It looks like you may disagree with some of our core vision. While you raise some interesting points, the whitepaper is our core document, and Satoshi Nakamoto is our prophet. His words and code may not have always been 100% consistent (as you'll find in the scripture of many other religions) but we stand by our original statements about them.

In cases where the whitepaper conflicts with later statements or code written by Satoshi Nakamoto, we would try our best to reconcile these differences by understanding that Satoshi is the prophet and was clarifying or rectifying His original statements, and would in most cases consider more recent statements to supersede the original statements  in the whitepaper. Our core document is the whitepaper, as stated, however, our Bible is still being developed, and will likely include most of Satoshi's recorded statements, as well as other testaments and other gospel. The research and development of the Bible of the Church of Bitcoin is already underway and when complete, we intend to print copies of our holy book.

If you look at other religions, you will find that most do not claim that their bible is literally the words of their god; most bibles are collections of writings by prophets and testaments by individuals telling their stories, that relay information handed down from god, or show through events how their god showed himself. We feel that this situation is similar. Satoshi Nakamoto is our prophet, but our bible may not be limited to his words alone.

If you would like to be involved in the editing and selection of the documents in our scripture, please join the church and verify your membership first, and come speak with us in our IRC channel on freenode at #churchofbitcoin , and we may consider your suggestions and inputs.

I don't really agree or disagree with your core vision, I guess I did not
properly articulate what I was trying to convey. From a theological point
of view, "prophets" are well defined and there are tests that certain
religions have on how to prove whether a prophet is "real".

If the prophet (Satoshi) prophecizes the coming kingdom of cryptocurrencies,
made possible from him being able to solve certain problems with the answer
of "blockchain" plus other previously devised systems, that is acceptable. But
if you say that the Bitcoin Whitepaper was scripture that was literally written
by the prophet's hand (remember that scripture is usually written well after
the teacher/prophet/messiah/God's life/existence by followers after the fact,
not by the person himself in most cases), but later the prophet revises his own
scripture in any form, it automatically makes him a "false prophet", from a
theological point of view.

For example, in Judaism, when Moses "received the Ten Commandments",
if later those commandments were revised in any way by Moses or even God,
it would mean a contradiction that would prove that Moses or God was false.
Those commandments must be consistent through time for humanity. Another
example, in Christianity, when Jesus preached to the crowds and fought with
the corrupted Pharisees, he specifically advised that he did not come to change
the laws/rules or abolish them, but to reaffirm them. Thus, Jesus does not
contradict or change the old beliefs, rules, or teachings prior to him, since
they were all from God and thus consistent and complementary, from a
theological perspective. Jesus does not declare the prior teachings or prophesies
to be wrong, but if there is perceived contradiction in them, he clarifies the
teachings and explains why the perceived contradiction is a misunderstanding
by the people. He can not reverse positions if he is a true prophet and his
teachings come from God.

Changing positions in theology is very bad, since all things are already known by
God, because he resides in a higher dimension where the information has already
occurred. So if God changes his mind or is wrong with something, it is because
he is a false god. True God is never wrong and his real statements will be proven
to be true at the very end of existence, even if considered wrong through human
existence. God (or his actual prophets) can not be made wrong or contradicted.
God's word, which is enforced over time by prophecy, is the only trustless truth
that humans can verify (in relation to a higher being's existence), and if he is
proven to be a liar, existence and consciousness does not manifest as it has since
it is reliant upon that trustless truth of his word, which formed the beginning and
his own paradox ("I am who I am." or "I think therefore I am".).

That is why I made the comment I did previously. You could argue that Satoshi
was "divinely inspired" to write the Whitepaper and so revisions or additions or
subtractions are acceptable since he was a proxy only to move a larger aspect/goal
forward at the time that it was designated. But, if he was indeed a "prophet", he
would have received that message (the Whitepaper) from God (whatever form
your church will believe God takes) and if later there are indeed changes to the
design of the system because the Whitepaper was lacking or wrong, that would
prove the prophet or the God as false, and thus the "scripture" was "a false
teaching". Personally, I believe Satoshi was not infallible and all knowing and
thus was "divinely inspired" to perform the work that he did.

So my original point was that Satoshi as a "prophet" is dangerous to the Church and
its future since eventually there will be such large conflicts in theory and theology
that eventually your Church will either split into multiple parts or dissolve. I do
not have a problem with religion or creating a Church, my only issue is that if
you are being very serious and not creating a joke church for fun, there is a higher
responsibility that you are taking on since you are intentionally making it fall within
other world religion theories. My simple advice is to not make Satoshi a prophet and
then you can argue and theorize almost anything. If you must make him a prophet,
you may be purposefully creating a theological contradiction that other people
who hate what you are doing can use as an easy attack vector to discredit your
church and its work.

In certain ways, religion can be as strict as science. Just as there can be
Pseudo-science, there could also be pseudo-religion. That is all I'm trying to convey.
There may be larger issues later by arguing that Satoshi was an actual "prophet",
as opposed to being "divinely inspired" to solve a puzzle that moves humanity to
another stage of evolution and understanding. Sometimes God uses people in ways
in which they fulfill the greater plan, but are not actual prophets for God. But in truth,
I really do not know and I am just providing my opinion for something to consider.

I don't use IRC and will not participate only because I don't want to influence what
you will create and I am interested in what will come of it. I only wanted to point out
the Satoshi=Prophet aspect because depending on how it is done could make or
break the church or its theology. Either way good luck, I eagerly await to see
what you guys will come up with, since Bitcoin in the context of theology is an
interesting angle/viewpoint for me. What I enjoy most is seeing unconventional
connections to things that I didn't see or understand before.

Edit: spelling errors and elaborations

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.
doublebit21

Activity: 173

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 03:49:55 PM

Hello there,

I agree with this. I don't know why you choose the name church. As we know church symbolizes as a sacred home of god or whatever religion they called it. Although you're intension of creating an organization that pushes through a tax-free sociaty is not a bad idea. I just don't get it why you choose that name.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: