Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 02:17:38 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Poloniex Experience  (Read 2115 times)
CIF (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

Business on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 04:28:09 PM

It is going to be around 3 months, that my missing coins from their platform is still not credited to my account.

I don't know how much more do I need to wait for it to be credited.

The funny part is, it just disappeared from my account, I didn't even withdrawed the coin.

Same thing happened to me. Enable 2FA - check trades. Bots bruteforce their way in and trade your coins to manipulate the market.

I have 2FA from the start and I can assure that no one else entered, as each time we login, I get a login alert mail. I have a habit of checking my trades and comparing it with the balance, and I found that 2 of my coins are lacking the balance, I immediately contacted there support.

After 1 month, I get asked whether they should check or not? I told them, yes they need to check it. After that, there has been no responses at all.

Sorry if you already said, but how many months ago was this now?

CIF Crypto Improvement Fund
CIF Blockchain | Launchpad | Education
» Facebook * Twitter * Telegram * Reddit * Medium «
[/size]
drlukacs

Activity: 854
Merit: 253

l0tt0.com

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 05:55:13 PM

Does anyone have negative poloniex experience here? What escalation process actually get's them to answer a ticket? Do we have any poloniex reps here?
Don't try use stop limit function when margin trading on Poloniex, it always have error and can make loss your funds, and then you will spend more time for contact support refund you, maybe need one month for wating reply Grin

WHIRLWIND
|
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
        ▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▄▄         █
     ▄▄██▀▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄        █A
    ▄██▀▄██▀▄▀▀▀ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄     █
   ███ ██▀▄▀     ▄▄▀▄▄ ▀█▄   █
  ███ ███ █        ▀▄ █▄ ██  █
  ███ ███ █         █ ██ ██  █
  ███ ███ █        ▄▀ █▀ ██  █
   ███ ██▄▀▄     ▀▀▄▀▀ ▄█▀   █
    ▀██▄▀██▄▀▄▄▄ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀     █
     ▀▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀        █
        ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄▀▀         █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  No Fee    Ultimate Privacy  
ANONYMITY
MINING CAMPAIGN
MIX NOW
|
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 06:09:23 PM

it is a good exchanger but as good as it seems it also has a something bad.
a lot of people complain that their tickets are not answered for weeks, and payments for days without confirm, also the same with deposits.
Just as i said, it is a good exchanger but if you are a newbie in trading you may choose Bittrex or cryptopia, they are more trustable than this one.
good luck people, be careful with your bitcoins
CIF (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 06:40:29 PM

Does anyone have negative poloniex experience here? What escalation process actually get's them to answer a ticket? Do we have any poloniex reps here?
Don't try use stop limit function when margin trading on Poloniex, it always have error and can make loss your funds, and then you will spend more time for contact support refund you, maybe need one month for wating reply Grin

I've actually never had this issue - have you ever tried margin trading on the site?

[/size]
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 07:18:00 AM

I've actually never had this issue - have you ever tried margin trading on the site?

That happens only rarely  when a cryptocurrency is very volatile. It would be very hard for the Poloniex platform to keep up with the fast movement of the price resulting in a missed trade. But the good news is this becomes a limit order. If you are patient it will be hit your target price eventually. But do not make the mistake of using selling on the market in your stop orders. You will always not have a good exit price.
BCTBF

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 07:43:42 AM

I've had a negative experience with poloniex and I do not want to use poloniex anymore, because I've had problems with poloniex that is "Awaiting Approval" and poloniex support tickets did not work well and poloniex was not able to solve the problem with quickly and well. Poloniex does not try to serve its users well at least for users to feel comfortable there.
koenka

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 08:42:49 AM

Poloniex should be ashamed.

My last support ticket for level 2 verification was open for about 3 months.

Even got declined ?!?! They are out of their mind. The picture/proof I provided was crystal clear, but not good enought for them?! Because without level 2 verification you're not allowed to withdraw more than 2000USD equivalent per day, I decided to take the hits on the fees and slowly draining my account day by day.

Last Saturday I wanted to pick up up some Bytecoin @ Poloniex, so I decided to depost 0.2ETH. Ever since I'm waiting for my deposit. It shows up on the block explorer, but not in my account.

Wrote several replies on one support ticket, but no reply yet. I'm missing out now.

Everyone take your funds and let this exchange burn itself down to the ground. Piece of trash.
haxiboy

Activity: 36

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 03:55:01 PM

3rd time that my ETH deposit has been delayed... Sometimes it works, sometimes you need to wait DAYS...
They never respond to tickets, even if you are a verified user with ~10k BTC trading / month.
Best : Deposited ~500ETH when had good prices on poloniex, had to wait 2 weeks till they credited it to my account. Price went down about 30%...slowest shit ever!
psycodad
Legendary

Activity: 1614
Merit: 1628

精神分析的爸

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 04:25:14 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2023, 04:39:13 PM by psycodad

Have been using Poloniex literally for years and it was one of the fastest and most reliable exchanges over this time.
Then recently those rumours started here on bct that they do not answer tickets, block withdrawals and whatsoever. As I had only ~0.023 BTC left there from trading, I didn't worry much until last week when I decided to "evacuate" these few Satoshi - just in case..

Since then it looks like this:

In their KB it says:
Your withdrawal will be approved within 24h, it is usually much faster but some cases will require contact with the compliance team, in that case a compliance agent will reach out to solve any eventual problem with you via support ticket.

In case your withdrawal has been Awaiting Approval for over 24h and you have not received any contact from Poloniex, please create a support ticket and set the ticket type as 'Withdrawal Issue'.

Did that after 24hrs passed and got no reply yet.

I realize they got a lot of new users, Cryptsy told us that too before they went titsup*. I have no inside information that they are indeed preparing an exit or covering a fractional reserve business but I certainly will not deposit a single friggin satoshi anytime in my life to Poloniex. I call that what happens right now signs on the wall that you just can't overlook if you care for your coins.

Naturally I will update my post, if I ever see this withdrawal hit my wallet, but I have no big expectations for that anymore.

*Total inability to support user problems

[Update August 22nd:] I received my withdrawal and a reply on my support ticket on 21st August after 17days.

pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 05:57:30 AM

At least its not BTC2 you have there. I would go bonkers if that happened to me with that kind of an amount trapped. Anyhow its better to not to use them for now. They could be hacked and and could be running a fractional reserve. In crypto anything can happen.
Friday78

Activity: 21

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 09:12:43 AM

Very bad service
popupshop42

Activity: 37

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 01:55:36 PM

Horrible experience...my withdraw is still awaiting approval after 7-days now. #367646. I only requested a with of .24 ETH, so we are not talking about alot of money and I have 2FA.  Cry
virasog
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1162

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 06:46:22 PM

Pretty much the same with that site as any other Exchange. When I say any other exchange I mean the ones that are active and have been around for a while now. I personally use a couple of different exchanges simply for the fact that there are coins on some exchanges that are not available on my other exchanges.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
CIF (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 03:23:51 AM

Pretty much the same with that site as any other Exchange. When I say any other exchange I mean the ones that are active and have been around for a while now. I personally use a couple of different exchanges simply for the fact that there are coins on some exchanges that are not available on my other exchanges.

Have you never heard of bots hacking accounts and altering trading patterns with sporadic buys and sells?

[/size]
Qunenin

Activity: 966
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 03:34:15 PM

For that reason, I haven't used Polo that much recently and I don't have any real balances in there. I have nothing against the exchange I simply use a different one and I only go over there for the purpose of the few coins that are only available on that Exchange. When doing those transactions I find if they operate rather quickly, the fees seem about the same as everywhere else. All in all I put them equal at the other exchanges I use.

.1xBit.com.
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
!
CIF (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 07:30:08 PM

Have been using Poloniex literally for years and it was one of the fastest and most reliable exchanges over this time.
Then recently those rumours started here on bct that they do not answer tickets, block withdrawals and whatsoever. As I had only ~0.023 BTC left there from trading, I didn't worry much until last week when I decided to "evacuate" these few Satoshi - just in case..

Since then it looks like this:

In their KB it says:
Your withdrawal will be approved within 24h, it is usually much faster but some cases will require contact with the compliance team, in that case a compliance agent will reach out to solve any eventual problem with you via support ticket.

In case your withdrawal has been Awaiting Approval for over 24h and you have not received any contact from Poloniex, please create a support ticket and set the ticket type as 'Withdrawal Issue'.

Did that after 24hrs passed and got no reply yet.

I realize they got a lot of new users, Cryptsy told us that too before they went titsup*. I have no inside information that they are indeed preparing an exit or covering a fractional reserve business but I certainly will not deposit a single friggin satoshi anytime in my life to Poloniex. I call that what happens right now signs on the wall that you just can't overlook if you care for your coins.

Naturally I will update my post, if I ever see this withdrawal hit my wallet, but I have no big expectations for that anymore.

*Total inability to support user problems

Does anyone live close to their corporate head office?

[/size]
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 11:45:17 PM

Horrible experience...my withdraw is still awaiting approval after 7-days now. #367646. I only requested a with of .24 ETH, so we are not talking about alot of money and I have 2FA.  Cry

i've been hearing this a lot lately. i have a friend who has a zcash withdrawal pending for nearly 2 weeks now. this seems really unacceptable to me.

i know that some users report that they are having no issues at all, but the sheer number of complaints recently should worry anyone. this could be a cryptsy situation building if more and more users start complaining about stuck withdrawals.

i'd get out now if you can. not trying to be alarmist, but better safe than sorry...

Yoshimo

Activity: 13

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 05:23:30 PM

A few days ago I found a batch of ETH in an old paper wallet I once created and forgot about. So I decided to bring these coins to Poloniex and do some trading with them. I even bought the Leonardo Trading Bot just for that. (I don't have the brass neck needed to do day trading with my remaining Bitcoins.)

As I had an account freezing issue in March 2016, I decided to evaluate recent feedback on Poloniex first before I entrust them with a significant amount of ETH. So I did a Google search for strings like "Poloniex deposit problems" or "Poloniex Ether problems" and applied a filter to only show results not older than three months. By doing so a rise in complaints surfaced, but not a such big rise that it would have justified a red alert. I supposed it was just the result of a rising demand.

However, the increase in complaints at least justified to do a trial balloon first. So I decided to first deposit a few ETH to Poloniex, do some trades and then withdraw my funds as ETH, BTC and XMR. Just to get an impression in how smooth the workflow on Poloniex is right now.

And know what? My suspicion was well founded! The deposit didn't make it through! It's not showing up in my Poloniex account, neither on the balance page nor on the deposit history page. And of course I sent more than 0.5 ETH to the correct ETH deposit address. Hours passed since the transaction and it has now 500+ confirmations on the Ethereum blockchain - but still nothing.

After years in Cryptos I had many problems with frozen accounts, delayed withdrawals, hacks, scams and bankruptcies. But a missing deposit is new even for me.

If this doesn't resolve quickly, it will be the last time I used an exchange outside my own jurisdiction.
Yoshimo

Activity: 13

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 05:43:00 PM

3rd time that my ETH deposit has been delayed... Sometimes it works, sometimes you need to wait DAYS...
They never respond to tickets, even if you are a verified user with ~10k BTC trading / month.
Best : Deposited ~500ETH when had good prices on poloniex, had to wait 2 weeks till they credited it to my account. Price went down about 30%...slowest shit ever!

Did your ETH deposit show up in the deposit history page as pending during these two weeks?
panjay

Activity: 1079
Merit: 352

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 11:14:11 PM

3+ months ago I try to withdrawal my STR(XLM) and my coin just stuck there, try to contact support and they said they will process my coin ASAP after waiting for 3 months ++  it arrived, lovely experience.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: