Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 04:49:31 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Poloniex Experience  (Read 2115 times)
Yoshimo

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 04:51:14 PM

A bit of positive news on my case:

Contrary to many other reviewers here, I got an answer to my Poloniex support ticket after 18h 13m. I consider this an average response time, so no reason to complain on that.

On the other hand, despite the answer to my support ticket being really polite, it reads like a copy 'n' paste they send out on a daily basis. And more important: My funds still haven't been credited to my account.

I'll keep you posted.

https://imgur.com/a/bVEYl
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 07:31:14 AM

However, the increase in complaints at least justified to do a trial balloon first. So I decided to first deposit a few ETH to Poloniex, do some trades and then withdraw my funds as ETH, BTC and XMR. Just to get an impression in how smooth the workflow on Poloniex is right now.

And know what? My suspicion was well founded! The deposit didn't make it through! It's not showing up in my Poloniex account, neither on the balance page nor on the deposit history page. And of course I sent more than 0.5 ETH to the correct ETH deposit address. Hours passed since the transaction and it has now 500+ confirmations on the Ethereum blockchain - but still nothing.

After years in Cryptos I had many problems with frozen accounts, delayed withdrawals, hacks, scams and bankruptcies. But a missing deposit is new even for me.

i'm now hearing so many of these complaints across different mediums, that i'm now becoming very concerned that this is cryptsy 2.0. this time, way more money is on the line. Undecided

On the other hand, despite the answer to my support ticket being really polite, it reads like a copy 'n' paste they send out on a daily basis. And more important: My funds still haven't been credited to my account.

exchanges do this for days and weeks on end without making any effort to begin resolving the situation. i received 3-4 such boilerplates over 7-8 days from coinbase the last time i had an issue. when a real person finally responded, they basically ignored my emails and were obviously still referring to a templates of boilerplate answers.

from the sound of peoples' recent experiences at poloniex, it could take weeks to resolve even this small deposit situation. if it gets resolved at all.

Yoshimo

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 07:05:50 PM

i'm now hearing so many of these complaints across different mediums, that i'm now becoming very concerned that this is cryptsy 2.0. this time, way more money is on the line. Undecided

I'm really interested in your findings. Could you pinpoint me some sources, e.g. Tweets, Facebook posts, Forum threads, Reddit discussions, etc?

exchanges do this for days and weeks on end without making any effort to begin resolving the situation. i received 3-4 such boilerplates over 7-8 days from coinbase the last time i had an issue. when a real person finally responded, they basically ignored my emails and were obviously still referring to a templates of boilerplate answers.

from the sound of peoples' recent experiences at poloniex, it could take weeks to resolve even this small deposit situation. if it gets resolved at all.

Do you think they got hacked and had their coins stolen? And now they're delaying deposits and withdrawals to cover it up? Could it be my ETH were used to finally process another user's delayed withdrawal request?
figmentofmyass
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 07:34:10 PM

I'm really interested in your findings. Could you pinpoint me some sources, e.g. Tweets, Facebook posts, Forum threads, Reddit discussions, etc?

check out the poloniex reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/PoloniexForum/

the entire front page is filled with horror stories posted in the last day about poloniex. stuck deposits and withdrawals, frozen accounts for months, etc. i thought it would improve after the altcoin boom from may and june subsided, but it seems that problems are just getting worse.

Do you think they got hacked and had their coins stolen? And now they're delaying deposits and withdrawals to cover it up? Could it be my ETH were used to finally process another user's delayed withdrawal request?

it's anybody's guess at this point. their recent change of terms and cryptsy-like behavior suggest this is possible.

SparkyU

Activity: 784
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 03:18:05 AM

it's anybody's guess at this point. their recent change of terms and cryptsy-like behavior suggest this is possible.

My understanding, at least what the staff said many times in the trollbox, is that after getting hacked years ago they went above and beyond with their security measures to not let that happen again.  They said the vast majority of coins where in cold storage and vs using a hot wallet when the hack happened and so on.  Though it's possible, no one can really know.  Using an exchange is always a risk regardless.
figmentofmyass
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 07:50:01 AM

My understanding, at least what the staff said many times in the trollbox, is that after getting hacked years ago they went above and beyond with their security measures to not let that happen again.  They said the vast majority of coins where in cold storage and vs using a hot wallet when the hack happened and so on.  Though it's possible, no one can really know.  Using an exchange is always a risk regardless.

i would certainly hope that most of their crypto is in cold storage. but for one thing, talk is cheap, and for another thing, that doesn't cover all security risks. for example, who has access to the cold storage? nothing is 100% fail-safe.

yeah, using any exchange is a risk....some bigger than others. the unregulated fiat exchanges like bitfinex and kraken are at additional risk because they are unlicensed MSBs. so are poloniex and bittrex, but at least they don't process fiat money. among the exchanges mentioned here, poloniex definitely seems particularly risky given the circumstances. their new terms said something like "no class actions in case of loss" (i.e. like gox) and "you can only sue us from massachusetts, USA in case of loss".... that doesn't sound encouraging to me.

Yoshimo

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 03:44:30 PM

Everyone should check out the Poloniex Twitter account: https://twitter.com/Poloniex

Click any of their recent Tweets and have a look at the comments.

If you have substantial amounts of money in Poloniex, you won't sleep well the coming night.
figmentofmyass
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 08:03:55 PM

Everyone should check out the Poloniex Twitter account: https://twitter.com/Poloniex

Click any of their recent Tweets and have a look at the comments.

If you have substantial amounts of money in Poloniex, you won't sleep well the coming night.

it's unnerving, alright. it's just "Awaiting Approval" and "missing withdrawal" and "unanswered ticket" over and over. hundreds and hundreds of them. if you look at peoples' screenshots, small withdrawals seem to be approved instantly, but even marginally larger amounts (like 5-10 ETH) are being flagged for manual approval. that's a really bad sign to me. again, it could be just bad engineering and a lack of support resources, but that enough is alone to not expose yourself to this exchange. and it could be a lot worse.

unfortunately, my desire to get out of poloniex a couple months ago (and i did) further exposed me to losses at btc-e. it's a real crapshoot out here. Undecided

xypos

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 11:33:57 PM

Does anyone have negative poloniex experience here? What escalation process actually get's them to answer a ticket? Do we have any poloniex reps here?

I haven't been using poloniex ever since around March because they've been having issues every single day after that.

Personally, i've seen my withdrawals go 2 days "awaiting approval".

But others have definitely experienced worse. I've seen people have like thousands of dollars in their account and are unable to get a single cent out because of the fact that their account is suspended. Nobody knows why it is suspended, and you're instructed to contact support. But once you submit your ticket it's lost in a black hole.
psycodad
Legendary

Activity: 1614
Merit: 1628

精神分析的爸

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 12:01:05 PM

15 days now in "Awaiting Approval", no reply on my tickets.

I bet my ~$100 stuck there that by end of year latest they are gone.

figmentofmyass
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 09:34:45 PM

be glad that you only have ~$100 stuck there. i know someone with hundreds of BTC on poloniex who has large stuck withdrawals. every day this looks more and more like cryptsy. this is just anecdotal, but from looking through the twitter and reddit threads, it's really beginning to look to me like they are letting smaller withdrawals through and leaving larger withdrawals stuck.

one could make the argument that larger withdrawals need to be manually checked, but given that many of these complaints stretch back weeks or months, it's starting to look really bad.

erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 11:04:49 PM

I see Poloniex just added ZRX/BTC and ZRX/ETH 0x markets today.

Anyone know much about that coin?

I haven't heard of ZRX before, it's supposed to be some sort of decentralized ETH token exchange project but I couldn't find a thread on it here unless it's under a different title.

Yoshimo

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 01:56:11 AM

Update on my situation: The ETH suddenly have arrived in my Poloniex account after four days of waiting.
xhienigat

Activity: 420

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 07:43:48 AM

I have a negative experience with polo few months ago when I tried to transfer a coin from another exchange I waited how many days but did not received my coin so I sent a them a ticket regarding my withdrawal but did not received any reply from them not until after 2 months I think. Polo is having issues with their withdrawal and their support I thought they shutdown the trollbox to focus more in support but I think they are not doing it well.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
             ▄███▌ █
            ▀▀▀██▄  █
          ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
         █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
        ▄██ ███▄    █
       ▐███▀   ▀█   █
       ████     █   █
      ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
      ▀▄▄███▌      █
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
              █  ▄▀
              ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
 ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
  ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄ ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
   ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
  ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
    ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
    ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████ ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
    █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
    ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                               ▄█████
                                                                           ▄███████▀
                                                                           ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
 LIGHTPAPER
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
psycodad
Legendary

Activity: 1614
Merit: 1628

精神分析的爸

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 10:55:22 AM

After 17 days my withdrawal finally has been processed and received in my wallet. My respective support ticket took 16 days to get a reply.

I now consider myself a lucky one.

remedcu

Activity: 376
Merit: 103

Learner for Life!

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 12:35:15 PM

After 3+ months, I finally got the reply as well as the refund from poloniex!
krisnt80

Activity: 729
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 07:31:10 PM

I opened 4 days ago a ticket to remove my 2fa because my phone somehow deleted the code... i havent made the key backup, my mistake, but poloniex with trollbox were quickly handling any issue, since they removed it support has becamed a disaster.... now i cant acess my account and neither get a reply.... poloniex is getting worse then yobit these days.
molitar

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 05:28:52 AM

I have a pending deposit for over a month now.. 18 day ticket not touched.

Pending (0 of Cool    PASC    1.82320000

2017-07-19 04:26:23 Address: 6d9f2e254e5c4b42 Txid: 18C50100EEB808003D0000007AA7AF63D616E2E37BD20627F4F6BE51E46354D8

They refuse to answer the ticket.  Ever since they got rid of the troll box the no longer have to support anyone as before people would drop in troll box and complain and the ticket would get taken care of.. now there support staff do SHIT!   They refuse to do anything!

Friend moved to Bitrexx and I am thinking of moving everything to there also.
remedcu

Activity: 376
Merit: 103

Learner for Life!

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 06:56:35 PM

Really sorry for you guys. One of my friends lost a fortune due to their support and still waiting for his support ticket to be answered.
_MrTuyul404

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 04:08:30 PM

Does anyone have negative poloniex experience here? What escalation process actually get's them to answer a ticket? Do we have any poloniex reps here?
I have bad experience with poloniex
My Account was hacked and the support service did not answer my message already a few months, and finally I do not know how the fate of my account now Cry
So I just want to tell you all, be careful with poloniex

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: