Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:42:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bittrex Unverified User - Be Careful ! 0.025 BTC Withdrawal Limit without Warnin  (Read 8886 times)
seafarer (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 08:22:22 AM

To all "Unverified" users on Bittrex (like me)

Caution is advised with Bittrex.

Bittrex dropped the withdrawal limit from 1 BTC to 0.025 BTC without prior notice.

Orrechorre

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 09:11:27 AM

Bittrex dropped the withdrawal limit from 1 BTC to 0.025 BTC without prior notice.

I will not like to argue with you over this issue but i do not agree with you because i am also an unverified bittrex user and i transferred 0.045btc just yesterday here, probably your account is a brand new and you need to wait for 7 working days.
valr

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 10:35:10 AM

You should be able to verify your account pretty easily. I vaguely remember the approval for basic/phone verification taking a few min/hours few weeks back. Yesterday, I decided to upgrade my account to "Enhanced Verification" level (the highest level and you can withdraw >100 BTC) and it took me about 10 min. to get it approved. I just had to upload an ID document and a selfie, that's it! It is still much quicker than getting verified on other exchanges such as Kraken/Coinbase/CEX.

I'd advise you to get your account verified just in case you need to withdraw large amounts in the future.
crismass1225

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 10:54:58 AM

i have a bittrex account same with you i am still unverified user but my cousin use my bittrex to transfer 0.54BTC to his account hassle free... its been 1 month old my account in bittrex and we dont experience this issue even the first time i use it... maybe bittrex have new policy to those unverified user by now....
jezus

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 11:00:07 AM

Wow 😲 very small amount withdraw,livecoin dont have the limit.

█████████████████████████████████████████
██                                     ██
██ █████████████▄ ▀███████████████████ ██
██ ██          ▀██▄ ▀██▄            ██ ██
██ ██            ▀██▄ ▀██▄          ██ ██
██ ██              ▀██▄ ▀██▄        ██ ██
██ ██                ▀██▄ ▀██▄  ▄▄████ ██
██ ██                  ▀██▄ ▀████▀▀    ██
██ ██                    ▀██▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ██
██ ██▄                     ▀██  ██  ██ ██
██ █████▄                 ▄▄██  ██  ██ ██
██     ▀███▄        ▄▄██████▀ ▄▄ ▀████ ██
██ ████▄ ▀▀██ ▄▄██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄████▄▄    ██
██ ██  ██  ▀███▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀████ ██
██ ██  ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▄           ██ ██
██ ████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▄          ██ ██
██   ▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀█ ██   ██ █▄         ██ ██
██ ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ███████ █████████████ ██
██                                     ██
█████████████████████████████████████████
LASER ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
BLOCKCHAIN WITHOUT BORDERS

A BLOCKCHAIN-AGNOSTIC SERVICE LAYER
FOR IMPROVED SPEED, ANONYMITY, AND INTEROPERABILITY
[]
TyGrr

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 11:01:23 AM

I suppose for all new accounts they dropped the withdrawal limit from 1 BTC to 0.025 BTC.
For the old ones it remains the 1 BTC.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 11:35:14 AM

i suppose it is a KYC/AML thing which they set based on USD value of your withdrawal not a fixed amount of bitcoin. that is why it has changed without notice.

checking my account it says i am limited to 1337 (haha leet) amount of daily bitcoin withdrawal. and it was 2000 bitcoin before.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
AleSergio

Activity: 378

BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 11:46:17 AM

Still you have an option to withdraw in some other currencies, such as Ethereum for example and somewhere else you can exchange it to bitcoin Smiley Ofcourse it is better to verify your account on bittrex for future purpose.

▄▄▄▄▄           
       ▄▄███████████▄▄     
   ▄▄███████████████████▄▄ 
 ▄█████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████
████      ▀██▀  ▀██  ████████
████  ███   █    ██  ████████
████       █  ██  █  ████████
████  ███            ████████
████         █████        ███
█████████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████▀▀ 
       ▀▀███████████▀▀     
            ▀▀▀▀▀           
.BUYANYLIGHT.

bitcoinmasterlord
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 12:34:26 PM

Still you have an option to withdraw in some other currencies, such as Ethereum for example and somewhere else you can exchange it to bitcoin Smiley Ofcourse it is better to verify your account on bittrex for future purpose.
A newbie account must verify to transfer more than 0.025 BTC. yes this condition they did not display anywhere, but while you are transferring your coins, you will get this error message. Any how you want to do big amount transaction you need to verify your account. So now only provide your id and recent selfie and verify the account. Within few hours your account will be verified.
sylance

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 12:38:24 PM

I have a strong feeling this is because the US government is pressuring every group/company that's working with crypto.  It wouldn't surprise me if Bittrex was approached, shown BTC-e, and highly suggested they begin to limit actions of unverified users if they want to keep operating.  I'm in the US and it's quite frustrating how antagonistic my government is to crypto.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
soothaa

Activity: 1151
Merit: 528

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 02:24:58 PM

i suppose it is a KYC/AML thing which they set based on USD value of your withdrawal not a fixed amount of bitcoin. that is why it has changed without notice.

checking my account it says i am limited to 1337 (haha leet) amount of daily bitcoin withdrawal. and it was 2000 bitcoin before.
Mine says this as well however I still have a basic account it says. I have had this account open for over 3 years - is your account nearly this old as well? I am confused by the limit. I move a decently large amount out over the past several days and I had no trouble at all - depositing a BTC was rather slow but it showed up without any additional problems.. I wonder if the feds are cracking down again.. glad I am moving to more cold storage.

Want increased coin support within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for nearly any coin! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2979494
Want Masternode income stats within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for them! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3047367
YYmeans

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 03:02:38 PM

Let me show you the official rules.

https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/215282838

https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/231701788

micle222

Activity: 784
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 03:12:14 PM

I think it's fair for the security and comfort of bittrex exchanger users.
I don't have a problem with it. Because for account verification is very easy you just need to upload your ID Card.
GanjaFarmer23

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 03:15:29 PM

Mine says this as well however I still have a basic account it says. I have had this account open for over 3 years - is your account nearly this old as well? I am confused by the limit. I move a decently large amount out over the past several days and I had no trouble at all - depositing a BTC was rather slow but it showed up without any additional problems.. I wonder if the feds are cracking down again.. glad I am moving to more cold storage.

My account is same age, i never did any verification and my withdrawal limit is also 1337. My account type just says Legacy, so maybe you did the basic verification and still have Legacy withdrawal limit?
soothaa

Activity: 1151
Merit: 528

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 03:27:12 PM

My account is same age, i never did any verification and my withdrawal limit is also 1337. My account type just says Legacy, so maybe you did the basic verification and still have Legacy withdrawal limit?
That has got to be it - I dug around but did not feel like putting too much effort into it. I am happy I can use my account as normal but would not be surprised if things force me to verify other details in the near future. I love how the government does not treat crypto as a currency, yet will enforce restraints on it just like it is. Gotta love how they can just do whatever they want and not follow their own damn rules.  Roll Eyes

Want increased coin support within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for nearly any coin! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2979494
Want Masternode income stats within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for them! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3047367
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 04:04:51 PM

You should be able to verify your account pretty easily. I vaguely remember the approval for basic/phone verification taking a few min/hours few weeks back. Yesterday, I decided to upgrade my account to "Enhanced Verification" level (the highest level and you can withdraw >100 BTC) and it took me about 10 min. to get it approved. I just had to upload an ID document and a selfie, that's it! It is still much quicker than getting verified on other exchanges such as Kraken/Coinbase/CEX.

I'd advise you to get your account verified just in case you need to withdraw large amounts in the future.

I don't feel comfortable at all uploading pictures of myself holding an ID on the internet, let alone on some cryptocurrency exchange. As we have seen, all these exchanges are shady by default and could collapse at any time, or someone could hack it and steal your data, and you could be doxed, your pic could be sold on the dark web because your pic holding an ID could be used by other people to try to verify themselves... it's a mess.

This is why I chose to stay as anonymous as possible. I just can't trust the exchanges, specially the altcoin exchanges.

0.025 is stunningly small. I guess it's only temporal until its up to 1 BTC again?

But Bittrex is so stupid lately. They now request all your real data even to trade crypto to crypto. Honestly fuck them.
blockchainmarketus

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 07:52:58 AM

I am not sure, the decision of bittrex management or forced by US government. But I have a bad issue when you verify with 2fa autenticator, your security is vulnerable. http://highoncoins.com/cryptocurrency-trading-tips/do-not-use-two-factor-authenticatoin-with-bittrex/
Last week I also withdraw my BTC but it was limited to 0.025. I think it's too small.
nelmari

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 08:19:13 AM

I just noticed this too, although I have not tried to withdraw my BTC from Bittrex but I am now hesitant to withdraw them. Might try to withdraw a few BTC's to see of I can withdraw more than what is allowed currently, 0.025BTC is such a small amount you can withdraw daily.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 10:40:55 AM

yeah, something like 2-3 years old. it is basically any account that was created before they started asking for verifications. and remember this is "daily withdrawal" limit. you may as well move 3-4 bitcoin daily and that is a large amount but it is not even 1/100th of the total daily allowed limit.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 16832

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 10:53:12 AM

0.025 is stunningly small. I guess it's only temporal until its up to 1 BTC again?
From what Bittrex wrote, I expect the opposite:
Our third phase is to require every account to at least be basic verified.  The time frame for that is TBD.
My guess is they want to become "less shady" from a government's perspective, in order to allow USD trading.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: