Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:59:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bittrex Unverified User - Be Careful ! 0.025 BTC Withdrawal Limit without Warnin  (Read 8884 times)
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 02:49:20 PM

To all "Unverified" users on Bittrex (like me)

Caution is advised with Bittrex.

Bittrex dropped the withdrawal limit from 1 BTC to 0.025 BTC without prior notice.

Interesting. I wonder if it is because they have had an influx on new accounts and are worried about money laundering.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alyssa85
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 02:55:54 PM

I found the following article that gives the rules on withdrawals:

https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/231701788

Withdraw Limits

If your password has been changed, you cannot make a withdrawal for 24 hours
    If your account does not have 2FA, you are limited to withdrawing up to 1 BTC (or equivalent) per day
    If you have an account created after October 30th, 2016, your withdrawal limits are:
        Unverified Accounts created before 08/01/17: 0.025 BTC (or equivalent) per day
        Unverified Accounts created on or after 08/01/17: 0 BTC (or equivalent) per day
        Basic Accounts: 3 BTC (or equivalent) per day with two-factor enabled.
        Enhanced Accounts: 100 (or equivalent) BTC per day with two-factor enabled

So I'm guessing you have an unverified account that was created after October 2016.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
mfgex

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 03:14:15 AM

I have a strong feeling this is because the US government is pressuring every group/company that's working with crypto.  It wouldn't surprise me if Bittrex was approached, shown BTC-e, and highly suggested they begin to limit actions of unverified users if they want to keep operating.  I'm in the US and it's quite frustrating how antagonistic my government is to crypto.

amongst the borderline retarded replies in this thread (for some reason) - I would like to strongly emphasize and re-iterate the sentiment of this comment.  To be abundantly clear, I think this individual has it EXACTLY correct.
klaaas

Activity: 1568
Merit: 544

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 07:02:42 AM

verification outside the USA only depents on a phonenumber.
You will receive the message that your name adres etc dont show up in there register.

Shopping online and sats back as a discount! (satsback) + LightningNetwork
Babayega31

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 08:48:32 AM

Bittrex dropped the withdrawal limit from 1 BTC to 0.025 BTC without prior notice.

Maybe they do that one to force their user to verify theirselves to make sure that the people who doing some trades their are legit and not dummy, and those verification thing is occuring on newly built account but if you put some basic information and do some phone verification then you will prolong your withdrawal limits there. And having that a little verification is totally no problem with me aslong as they does not require me to submit my personal I'd.

viking02

Activity: 770

🌟 COMSA ICO: 10/02/17 🌟

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 01:45:45 AM

Hey guys im thinking about creating a bittrex account.  So if i do not have a verified account, how many bitcoin or altcoins can i send to my account to switch for bitcoin or another altcoin like ETH?  I assume back then you could do up to 3btc in trades per day whether btc to ETH or vice versa?  But now its max 0.025 btc?  Can someone confirm this is what is meant by it?

,,,,╓╖µpp╖╖,,,,
                         ,╓g▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄µ╖          ,╖
                     ,╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓Ñ╖    ,@▓▌
                  ,á▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓µ╫▓▓▓▌
                ╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▀╜╙            '╙▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
              ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▀`                       ╙▀▓▓▓███████▌
             @▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀`            ,,,,,         ,g▓███████▀`
           ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀         ,µ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▄@, ,@▓███████▀
          ]▓▓▓▓███▓`       ╓▄▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████████▓╜
         ]▓▓▓▓█▓█╝       ╓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▀╜
         ▓▓▓▓███▌       ╙▓███████▓▒       "▀▓██████▀`
        ╫▓▓▓███▌          "▀████████▄        '▓██▀
        ▓█▓███▓▒            `▀████████▄,       `
       ]▓█████▌                ╙████████▓,
       ]▓█████▌                  ╙▓█▓█▓▓▓█▓╖
       ]▓█████▌                    ╙▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖
        ▓█████▓[            ,,       `▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
        ▓██████[            ╓@        ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖
        ╠██████▓          ╓▓▓▓▓m        ╙▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓@
         ▓█████╜       ,g▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄╖╖,,,╓╖▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓
         └▓█▓╜       ,@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓█▀
          '"       ╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▓▓▓▓█████████████▀╙        ,
                 ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╜    ╙▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▀▀▀▀╜          ╓▓▓▓╖
               g▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓`                          ,g▓▓▓▓▓▓▓w
            ,g▓██████████▓▄,                    ,╓@▓▓█▓▓▓█▓██╜
            ▓████████████████▓▄▄p╖,,     ,,╓µ▄▄▓██████████▓╜
            ▓█████╜╙▀███████████████████████████████████▀`
            ▓██▓╜     "▀▀███████████████████████████▀╜`
            ▓▀`            ╙▀▀▀███████████████▀▀▀"
. COMSA
ICO: Oct 2 - Nov 6
█████
▄▄▄
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
█████
█████
▄▄▄▄▄
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
█████
Babayega31

Activity: 630

Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 04:34:45 AM

Hey guys im thinking about creating a bittrex account.  So if i do not have a verified account, how many bitcoin or altcoins can i send to my account to switch for bitcoin or another altcoin like ETH?  I assume back then you could do up to 3btc in trades per day whether btc to ETH or vice versa?  But now its max 0.025 btc?  Can someone confirm this is what is meant by it?

Maybe the minimum amount to deposit won't matter on that since I try to create new and deposit a lot of alts there and they receive my deposits and the only problem I face is when I try to withdraw my BTC and it limit me for 0.02+ a day since my account is not been verified. But when I do little verification on it my limit has been increase and people should do some verification on bittrex to rise their withdrawal limit a day.

MURONDI

Activity: 756
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 09:48:08 PM

Maybe the minimum amount to deposit won't matter on that since I try to create new and deposit a lot of alts there and they receive my deposits and the only problem I face is when I try to withdraw my BTC and it limit me for 0.02+ a day since my account is not been verified. But when I do little verification on it my limit has been increase and people should do some verification on bittrex to rise their withdrawal limit a day.
When is the rule at least WD 0,02btc it ,,? Yesterday I still can WD around 01btc.. Maybe all that is done to minimize money laundering cases, But for the 0.02 btc limit it is too low.. Sad
torry28
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 12:05:10 AM

When is the rule at least WD 0,02btc it ,,? Yesterday I still can WD around 01btc.. Maybe all that is done to minimize money laundering cases, But for the 0.02 btc limit it is too low.. Sad
It has been implemented but i don't know when the exact time. To all unverified account , daily withdrawal limit has been decreased to 0.025 btc not 0.02 btc. Just do basic and phone verification about your bittrex account and you should be fine after that.
freeyourmind

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 12:09:57 AM

Hey just looking for some clarification.  Do you have a "Basic" Bittrex account to have seen this limit?

I just made a new account and it looks like it requires some personal information to upgrade to a basic account, which still looks like it's unverified.
sieemma

Activity: 980
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 12:51:46 AM

Thanks for sharing dude. I guess verifying your basic info will raise this limit. Let's all try and verify or better still withdraw according to the amount you are limited.
These often lead to what people call it they've scammed me. Let be careful!!!
EACOM

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 04:58:09 AM

That scenario sounds odd. They will take all the money you can send them (deposits), but will not allow you to take it back (withdraw) unless you do in ,025 BTC fractions?  Shocked
Something smells fishy. Hope they didnt get hacked and are buying time. Thats the behavior banks do before customers want out of the collapsing bank in 3rd world countries
TyGrr

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 12:01:33 PM

checking my account it says i am limited to 1337 (haha leet) amount of daily bitcoin withdrawal. and it was 2000 bitcoin before.
I have the same daily limit of 1337 BTC, but didn't try to do withdrawal yet. Do you have any error in case of withdraw more than 1 BTC?
NABiT

Activity: 321
Merit: 259

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 12:27:37 PM

checking my account it says i am limited to 1337 (haha leet) amount of daily bitcoin withdrawal. and it was 2000 bitcoin before.
I have the same daily limit of 1337 BTC, but didn't try to do withdrawal yet. Do you have any error in case of withdraw more than 1 BTC?

Have a look at these posts on the subject

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1989879.msg20795739#msg20795739

TyGrr

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 09:58:10 AM

Ok, thx man, will go there.
biggee

Activity: 73

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 08:50:10 PM

Hey guys im thinking about creating a bittrex account.  So if i do not have a verified account, how many bitcoin or altcoins can i send to my account to switch for bitcoin or another altcoin like ETH?  I assume back then you could do up to 3btc in trades per day whether btc to ETH or vice versa?  But now its max 0.025 btc?  Can someone confirm this is what is meant by it?

No, if you don't verify your account you will have NO access to any funds you send there, and no way to withdraw them.

0 BTC per day for unverified users.

I have no idea why Bittrex have done this but it fucking sucks and the fact that they don't tell you about this when you sign up has to warrant some kind of customer complaint process.

I told a friend to sign up for an account, they transferred a bunch of various assets over, now they can't withdraw any of them without going through Bittrex's verficiation process, which as all of you outside of the USA will know, is totally pointless as ALL non-US verifications fail without supplying serious ID docs (driving license, utility bills etc).

Basically, if you open a Bittrex account, send assets there and then don't verify your account you have just lost your money.
chichidori
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 08:32:30 AM

I have been using bittrex for 3 years now and suddenly my account got limited and since i am not from united states basic verification would not work, i am against uploading personal data because if a leakage or hack happen then everyone is in danger.
nerverd99

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 10:33:59 AM

I have been using bittrex for 3 years now and suddenly my account got limited and since i am not from united states basic verification would not work, i am against uploading personal data because if a leakage or hack happen then everyone is in danger.

Yeah same , im using basic verification from indonesian , but their declined my basic verification and recommend me using upload an identity or password , im trying to verification using identinty , just 5min my withdraw amount increased to 100Btc/Day.
Yap , but i trust bittrex their will make the system more secure for database some identity or passport number on their database.
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 10:38:17 AM

You should be able to verify your account pretty easily. I vaguely remember the approval for basic/phone verification taking a few min/hours few weeks back. Yesterday, I decided to upgrade my account to "Enhanced Verification" level (the highest level and you can withdraw >100 BTC) and it took me about 10 min. to get it approved. I just had to upload an ID document and a selfie, that's it! It is still much quicker than getting verified on other exchanges such as Kraken/Coinbase/CEX.

I'd advise you to get your account verified just in case you need to withdraw large amounts in the future.

Pretty easy would mean that you are in a country who have database that can be verified immediately by the management of bittrex so you get to quickly move beyond that point but for someone who is not in a country like that, I tell you, there is no way out of it and the best is to go for the enhanced verification which might still be difficult with respect to the information they are requesting. Anyone who has not used bittrex in a while.should first go there and see things before depositing straight.
alyssa85
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 02:01:15 PM

That scenario sounds odd. They will take all the money you can send them (deposits), but will not allow you to take it back (withdraw) unless you do in ,025 BTC fractions?  Shocked
Something smells fishy. Hope they didnt get hacked and are buying time. Thats the behavior banks do before customers want out of the collapsing bank in 3rd world countries

It is fishy. Especially as their withdrawal fees are so high. So instead being able to withdraw 1btc with one withdrawal fee of 0.001 btc ($5.85 at a bitcoin price of $5850), you need 40 transactions of 0.025, and the fees add up to 0.04btc which is $234

I suppose you could convert to something like doge to avoid the high fees. But it's not ideal.

I'd advise legacy unverified accounts to withdraw their coins before they get limited.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print