Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:58:13 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to accelerate bitcoin transaction  (Read 617 times)
metallicelmo (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 11:28:52 AM

Hi, my old Bitcoin Core wallet on a really old pc sometimes decides to send a transaction with no fees at all... this sucks because the transaction is broadcasted to the blockchain within seconds. But now the transfer is stalled for 8 days because it has no fee.
Is there any way to speed this up using a trusted service to pay someone a fee and push it through? There is no way to manually set a fee in the client.  Should I just wait?    I'm not in a hurry but it is annoying and don't know how long this will take
leonair

Activity: 1274
Merit: 390

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 11:40:55 AM

Better go to marketplace then services section in Bitcoin discussion and you will see some people there doing this kind of job just give them a tip if you may.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 11:43:27 AM

Hi, my old Bitcoin Core wallet on a really old pc sometimes decides to send a transaction with no fees at all... this sucks because the transaction is broadcasted to the blockchain within seconds. But now the transfer is stalled for 8 days because it has no fee.
Is there any way to speed this up using a trusted service to pay someone a fee and push it through? There is no way to manually set a fee in the client.  Should I just wait?    I'm not in a hurry but it is annoying and don't know how long this will take
Yeah thats bound to happen since you didn't pay any fees at all, I just submitted my Transaction ID ViaBTC transaction accelerator so that they could speed it up, I suggest that you do the same or maybe wait for some time and your coins will be eventually returned to you. I'd go for the acceleration tool rather.
Proton2233

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 11:50:29 AM

Perhaps we are now on the way to solving this problem. The increase of the block should accelerate the time of passage of the transaction. At least I certainly hope so. To bitcoin moved on have to solve this problem.
metallicelmo (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 11:54:38 AM

Perhaps we are now on the way to solving this problem. The increase of the block should accelerate the time of passage of the transaction. At least I certainly hope so. To bitcoin moved on have to solve this problem.
But the blocksize for bitcoin has not changed yet I believe? I think Bitcoin is still exactly the same as it was before the hardfork
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4144
Merit: 1637

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 11:55:18 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1802212.0

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 11:57:44 AM

this is very strange because i can not recall bitcoin core "default setting for fee" ever being zero fees. maybe back in 2009-2010 or something?!!

in any case your only options are either double spending the transaction or performing a CPFP transaction where you make a new tx spending the stuck one while paying enough fees to cover both transactions.
you can read more details in this topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1802212.0

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
metallicelmo (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 12:03:31 PM

this is very strange because i can not recall bitcoin core "default setting for fee" ever being zero fees. maybe back in 2009-2010 or something?!!

in any case your only options are either double spending the transaction or performing a CPFP transaction where you make a new tx spending the stuck one while paying enough fees to cover both transactions.
you can read more details in this topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1802212.0
So if I should somehow restore a wallet backup that has no information regarding the outgoing transaction I should be able to try sending again so the old transaction will be cancelled?
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 12:20:14 PM

Since it has been 8 days already, can I suggest you to wait more 2-3 days more, so that the transaction will be rejected and the coins will be returned to the sender wallet? Once the coins are back, you can resend them for the second time (this time after adding a small fee).
metallicelmo (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 12:45:14 PM

Since it has been 8 days already, can I suggest you to wait more 2-3 days more, so that the transaction will be rejected and the coins will be returned to the sender wallet? Once the coins are back, you can resend them for the second time (this time after adding a small fee).
Ok I'll do that, the transaction is also not recognised by the VIABTC accelerator while it is visible on blockchain.info, I guess there is nothing left to do but wait
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4669

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 01:20:15 PM

Upgrade your Bitcoin Core to a more recent version.  Recent versions allow you more control over the transaction fee so you can prevent this problem in the future.
ladydark

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 04:11:09 AM

There is no need to pay for it.You could just become a member in Viabtc.com and just type your transaction id there to accelerate and speed up the transaction.Some times,there is a big queue there,so you would have to wait for your transaction to be taken in to acceleration.

metallicelmo (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 09:49:31 PM

There is no need to pay for it.You could just become a member in Viabtc.com and just type your transaction id there to accelerate and speed up the transaction.Some times,there is a big queue there,so you would have to wait for your transaction to be taken in to acceleration.
Thanks for the tip, I tried but it says fee too low.. and that's right, it has no fee at all.. still stuck, hopefully the transaction will somehow cancel after a few days, its been 10 days already
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4669

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 10:35:10 PM

Thanks for the tip, I tried but it says fee too low.. and that's right, it has no fee at all.. still stuck, hopefully the transaction will somehow cancel after a few days, its been 10 days already

I have an unused paid acceleration with viabtc.  Paid accelerations work even if there is no fee.

I paid 0.09699584 BTC for five paid accelerations (0.0194 BTC per acceleration).  If you reimburse me the 0.0194 BTC cost of the acceleration, I'd be happy to use it on your behalf.

If the transaction doesn't confirm in either of the the next two ViaBTC blocks after I submit it, I'll refund you the 0.0194 BTC.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: