Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 06:49:13 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think about the other crypto currencies that exist?  (Read 1708 times)
LuanX3

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 09:09:37 PM

Believing it it or not there makes no difference. What matters is if they have something to offer that cannot be offered by other cryptocurrencies.
If only one believes in the coin then there is no point. If there would be a lot of people that are convinced that the altcoin is worth something because
it has some sort of real life use, then that would make that altcoin worth something;.
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 09:50:11 PM

Believing it it or not there makes no difference. What matters is if they have something to offer that cannot be offered by other cryptocurrencies.
If only one believes in the coin then there is no point. If there would be a lot of people that are convinced that the altcoin is worth something because
it has some sort of real life use, then that would make that altcoin worth something;.
If an altcoin does not have a real world use, it would have value only if it is being traded and speculated by many and is used for daily altcoin trades although those who have real world use is better to invest into. You are right that believing it or not makes no difference but somehow this believing and not believing has an impact on the market. There will always be a relation with the believing and not believing and real world usage of altcoins.
pearlmen

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 10:38:48 PM

Other coins have their own advantage and they are the ones that makes trading possible because if not that, then there wont be need for all the exchange sites we have around and the crypto world will equally be boring. Imagine in the Fiat world, there is only one stock which means there wont be need for stock brokers as well as stock market itself in the first place. But the abundance of this makes all the above people or categories function.
PANK21

Activity: 342
Merit: 108

Bounty Detective

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 04:24:36 AM

Next to Bitcoins there are several different other crypto currencies like DASH, ETC, ETHEREUM, LTC, XRP. Do you believe in them? Are there any Advantages and/or disadvantages?  Huh
I think the other crypticurrencies that exist will be known, just not right now but it will still exist even if there is no one using it unless it has been stop. Some other reasons are It will continue to exist for a long period of time cause someone will definitely try to use it and whats its value .

► Bounty Detective ◄ ♦ Transparency And Trust ♦ ► Bounty Detective ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Telegram Channel|Twitter|Telegram Group|Youtube Channel
suvo05

Activity: 1162
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 07:27:03 AM

Of course there are quite a few cryptocurrencies which are scam. but there some which can be trusted, and have potential to rise high. Btc is the mother of all coins as the market of altcoins are growing bigger so it is making the base of BTC  stronger.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 07:47:10 AM

Most accurate and honest analyzation I've seen yet.
Those are rare as this forum is full of greedy idiots that have very rudimentary understanding of any cryptocurrency. They just shill whatever they hold, regardless of whether it is actually worth something or not.

Golem, for example, is a decentralized supercomputer that will allow user's machines to combine power around the world and compute any program you can think of.
Marketing gimmick. Golem is useless/never asked for by the market.

IOTA, is the perfect example for the "internet of things"
IOTA is the perfect example of bullshit that gullible people like you fall for.

Siacoin will let you save your files on someone else's computer on a decentralized future
Why would someone want to do that? Roll Eyes

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
meliodas

Activity: 742
Merit: 329

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 10:37:15 AM

Next to Bitcoins there are several different other crypto currencies like DASH, ETC, ETHEREUM, LTC, XRP. Do you believe in them? Are there any Advantages and/or disadvantages?  Huh

I'm familiar with just a few of altcoins because there are thousands of them nowadays. Imagine each month a new altcoin appears. But some of the altcoin you've mentioned above had existed long enough. I think they are worth investing too, some alt coins are good and some are just shit coins. Just check for comments and check the market first before investing.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $| 
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆

Activity: 255
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 10:45:06 AM

There is one purpose to altcoins, it's for us to trade and increase our bitcoin holdings. Cheesy

Also they are quite useful to hedge our investment in crypto land, bitcoin's value fluctuates a lot, we can balance that with altcoins.
iLatios

Activity: 327
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 12:40:01 PM

I am not sure about Ripple, but I believe that ETH, Dash, Stratis, Waves are important to have.

█        ★★★★★ TrustedCars Flex ★★★★★      
     │ ★★★★★ Changing Car Ownership Forever ★★★★★ │     
█  Website Token Sale up to 25% Bonus ANN Thread Telegram │ 
ChinkyEyes

Activity: 687
Merit: 301

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 12:47:35 PM

Alt coins for me, is the experimental platform for Bitcoin. It would be too risky to experiment with different things on the

Bitcoin network, so we look at other Alt coins and what they are doing and use that to improve Bitcoin. Let's take SegWit as

an example : It was successful on LiteCoin and that made it easier for Bitcoin to consider it. Yes, consensus is still needed,

but Alt coins are the breeding ground for new innovation and new ideas.  Grin

I was thinking the same. In the end there will be only one.
Zicadis
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Dump it!!!

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 12:55:08 PM

I do believe in other cryptos and they have quite a few advantages that have been created on bitcoins foundation
for example monero(XMR) now is popular for its privacy which does not require the need of using a tumbler like we do with btc
Ethereum not so different from bitcoin but has a faster block times which has made it popular and given it an advantage to be a contender of being the top cryptocurrency
Fatunad

Activity: 2254
Merit: 354

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 01:00:46 PM

Those coins you do mention are those coins who are on top of coinmarketcap and if you do really see deeply they are not the only ones and there is already a thousand of coins and most of them are dead or shit coins. The coins you do mention do really have their advantage and disadvantages too. Which people or investors do still engage with it because we do able to see the potential.
JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 01:15:15 PM

I do believe in some of them and think that they will provide the edge that they have over BTC. One example of these altcoins that I promote is Waves. Its wallet has its own Decentralized Exchange and it can create token within it. The development for this coin is still on going and the community for it is getting bigger day by day. You could check their White Paper for the technical part of this project.
3months18w

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 01:37:23 PM

ETHEREUM  and XRP  and Dash are good to compete with BTC,  about ETC , i don't think it has a good future.
LTC is a simple clone of BTC, to me it's a shitcoin .Nearly no developments for years, why does it still in top 5?I don't understand.

cdog

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 01:52:55 PM

ETHEREUM  and XRP  and Dash are good to compete with BTC,  about ETC , i don't think it has a good future.
LTC is a simple clone of BTC, to me it's a shitcoin .Nearly no developments for years, why does it still in top 5?I don't understand.
Probably because the chart is always stable and has investor confidence this makes the coin still survive.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 01:55:03 PM

There is one purpose to altcoins, it's for us to trade and increase our bitcoin holdings.
One correct answer out of the ton of garbled nonsense spread by idiots in this section.

I am not sure about Ripple, but I believe that ETH, Dash, Stratis, Waves are important to have.
ETH, Dash and Waves are all useless, instamined or outright scams (or all 3). Stratis gets a passing mark.

ETHEREUM  and XRP  and Dash are good to compete with BTC
None of those compete with BTC. Are you stupid? XRP is not even a cryptocurrency.

LTC has better code than ETH and DASH combined as it incorporates the latest Bitcoin Core code. Roll Eyes

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
mihohil

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 02:06:36 PM

REcoin launched bounty campaign and I'm less afraid that this coin is SCAM. I have recently registred to campaign, and I advise you to do the same.
Noore Najjar

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 02:09:15 PM

Its fine in my opinion , because it has own advantages such a trading , you can trade alts for btc which is quite profitable right now , the disadvantages is most of them probably shitcoins and it will ended up as a scam and it will cause bad problem for traders ,better use othet alts if necessary

YYmeans

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 02:16:45 PM

Trust me, some of them will grow stronger than Bitcoin, it's a nature choice world.Bitcoin could not be the no.1 for ever.

Bes19

Activity: 1003
Merit: 112

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 03:18:09 PM

Yes i believe on the all the coins you've mentioned. I know some of them will pump just like bitcoin. I like ETH, RIPPLE, DOGE, Waves and clam coz i know one day they will make me rich.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: