Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:28:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitfinex - FRAUD, price manipulation, fake transactions  (Read 4926 times)
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 04:01:16 PM

You show me as evident some forums. I am not a sheep, mate.   LOL

All you have done so far in this thread is making claims that have turned out to be false. I am far more inclined to believe 2 employees of Bitfinex over you.

Please provide me a place on Bitfinex website where it's referring to this license.

https://www.bitfinex.com/legal/terms

Governing Law: These Terms of Service shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the British Virgin Islands, and shall be interpreted in all respects as a British Virgin Islands contract. Any claim or action arising from or related to these Terms of Service shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the British Virgin Islands

Where do you see HK where do you see any financial license number? Smiley 

The absence of that implies nothing.

I can make a website and saying on forums that I am bank. Am I a bank?

You could, but you would be very unlikely to gain any customers whereas Bitfinex is extremely successful. If your claims had even the smallest hint of truth in them that would not be the case.

If Bitfinex was unlicenced do you not think that the HK authorities would have shut them down?

RENRENBEE LIMITED was incorporated on 08-MAR-2013. This company is now live.

It's not like they just sprung up and nobody had time to prosecute them.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
mayax (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 04:23:38 PM

You show me as evident some forums. I am not a sheep, mate.   LOL

All you have done so far in this thread is making claims that have turned out to be false. I am far more inclined to believe 2 employees of Bitfinex over you.

Please provide me a place on Bitfinex website where it's referring to this license.

Governing Law: These Terms of Service shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the British Virgin Islands, and shall be interpreted in all respects as a British Virgin Islands contract. Any claim or action arising from or related to these Terms of Service shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the British Virgin Islands

You could, but you would be very unlikely to gain any customers whereas Bitfinex is extremely successful. If your claims had even the smallest hint of truth in them that would not be the case.

If Bitfinex was unlicenced do you not think that the HK authorities would have shut them down?

Maybe you are part of their staff.  Grin

Recommendation:   https://eservices.customs.gov.hk/MSOS/wsrh/001s1?searchBy=R

See if you can find any RENRENBEE LIMITED.  Smiley

RENRENBEE LIMITED it's not licensed anymore.  RENRENBEE LIMITED is simple registered company and nothing more.   The website is referring to Bitfinex as a BVI company, period.

The absence of the license number from the Bitfinex website implies that they are not licensed.

What company would have a financial license and it will keep hidden ? Also, the LAW requires them to publish their license number on website. I said that for 4-5 times already Smiley

You don't have to believe me. Ask Bitfinex to provide you this information (their financial license number). It MUST be a public information.
Don't try to fool us, mate.
TheQuin

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 04:38:52 PM

Why do you always ignore the pertinent question?

If that was true why has the British Virgin Islands Financial Services Commission not shut them down?

Whether or not that information is out of date you cannot answer why neither the authorities in Hong Kong or the British Virgin Islands has either moved to shut them down or prosecute. The very fact that hasn't happened is more than a strong indication that they are fully compliant with the laws in both those countries. All you can do is spout nonsense about them being an "illegal company" if that was the case they wouldn't still be going.

Daemon_Hell

Activity: 90
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 09:23:26 PM

You show me as evident some forums. I am not a sheep, mate.   LOL

Maybe you are part of their staff.  Grin

Recommendation:   https://eservices.customs.gov.hk/MSOS/wsrh/001s1?searchBy=R

See if you can find any RENRENBEE LIMITED.  Smiley

RENRENBEE LIMITED it's not licensed anymore.  RENRENBEE LIMITED is simple registered company and nothing more.   The website is referring to Bitfinex as a BVI company, period.

The absence of the license number from the Bitfinex website implies that they are not licensed.

What company would have a financial license and it will keep hidden ? Also, the LAW requires them to publish their license number on website. I said that for 4-5 times already Smiley

You don't have to believe me. Ask Bitfinex to provide you this information (their financial license number). It MUST be a public information.
Don't try to fool us, mate.
I actually did info about license number:
RenRenBee is licensed as a Money Services Operator by the Hong Kong Customs and Excise Department (Licence No.13­09­01265)
Funny enough I did found it in tether whitepaper, along with this:
Tether is registered as a Money Services Business with the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network of the U.S. Department of the Treasury (MSB Registration Number 31000058542968)
But the sad thing about it - both of this licenses does not check out with corresponding agencies. You can check it yourself using these links:
https://eservices.customs.gov.hk/MSOS/wsrh/001s1
https://www.fincen.gov/msb-registrant-search

In best case scenario - Tether/Bitfinex had these licenses at some point, but decided not to renew em after banking cut (no more links with customer funds - no AML/KYC for clients)
Worst case scenario - these 'licenses' were manufactured to gain community trust
mayax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:08:48 PM

If that was true why has the British Virgin Islands Financial Services Commission not shut them down?

Whether or not that information is out of date you cannot answer why neither the authorities in Hong Kong or the British Virgin Islands has either moved to shut them down or prosecute. The very fact that hasn't happened is more than a strong indication that they are fully compliant with the laws in both those countries. All you can do is spout nonsense about them being an "illegal company" if that was the case they wouldn't still be going.

I don't avoid any answer. it's the same as it was with BTC-e. BTC-e was registered in Cyprus, UK and these ones didn't shut them down. US did it Smiley    please don't say that BTC-e was fully compliant with the laws in both those countries     Cheesy

fully compliant = financial license and Bitfinex doesn't own any. that means it's an illegal exchanger beside the other frauds.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2301

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:27:20 PM

I don't avoid any answer. it's the same as it was with BTC-e. BTC-e was registered in Cyprus, UK and these ones didn't shut them down. US did it Smiley    please don't say that BTC-e was fully compliant with the laws in both those countries     Cheesy

fully compliant = financial license and Bitfinex doesn't own any. that means it's an illegal exchanger beside the other frauds.
btc-e was actively laundering stolen money...
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:30:45 PM

Whether or not that information is out of date you cannot answer why neither the authorities in Hong Kong or the British Virgin Islands has either moved to shut them down or prosecute.

I don't believe that Hong Kong is relevant anymore. There used to be some parent company registrations there and supposedly some operations are still run from HK. But if you read Bitfinex's terms, all services are governed by British Virgin Islands law. BVI regulators haven't done anything for the same reason Bitfinex sought jurisdiction there. BVI is a rubber stamp regulator, like many independent island nations. They rarely enforce any laws against anyone. For anything.

The very fact that hasn't happened is more than a strong indication that they are fully compliant with the laws in both those countries. All you can do is spout nonsense about them being an "illegal company" if that was the case they wouldn't still be going.

Whether Bitfinex is in compliance with BVI law is irrelevant when it comes to the US government waving its dick around. Compliance in the British Virgin Islands =/= Bitfinex is safe from regulatory or law enforcement action from other governments. Just look at BTC-e. Bitfinex offered services to US users since 2013, so the US government can/will claim jurisdiction if they want to come after Bitfinex.

btc-e was actively laundering stolen money...

Supposedly. More importantly, BTC-e was also indicted for operating an unlicensed money service business, something that Bitfinex did in the USA for several years.

TheQuin

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 09:10:14 AM

I don't avoid any answer.

Yes, you did.

it's the same as it was with BTC-e. BTC-e was registered in Cyprus, UK and these ones didn't shut them down. US did it Smiley    please don't say that BTC-e was fully compliant with the laws in both those countries     Cheesy

You are trying to argue that Bitfinex is an "illegal company" because they don't comply with licensing requirements in the jurisdictions they are registered in by comparing it to BTC-e getting busted by the US Justice Dept for money laundering. Your logic and stretching of facts have hit a new low even for you.

In other news:
https://www.coindesk.com/bitfinex-vs-bitfinexed-exchange-hires-law-firm-challenge-critics/

Bitfinex has hired the law firm of Steptoe & Johnson and is threatening legal action against a pseudonymous blogger who it says have made false claims about the bitcoin exchange.

In a statement, Bitfinex said it hired Steptoe to respond to such claims with "appropriate action," including "possible litigation" against "various parties." Jason Weinstein, who leads the blockchain practice at Steptoe, confirmed its hiring by Bitfinex in an email.

Stuart Hoegner, the in-house counsel for Bitfinex, said in the statement:

"To date, every claim made by these bad actors has been patently false and made simply to agitate the cryptocurrency ecosystem. As a result, Bitfinex has decided to assert all of its legal rights and remedies against this agitator and his associates."

illinest

Activity: 454
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 09:31:06 AM

You are trying to argue that Bitfinex is an "illegal company" because they don't comply with licensing requirements in the jurisdictions they are registered in by comparing it to BTC-e getting busted by the US Justice Dept for money laundering. Your logic and stretching of facts have hit a new low even for you.

I don't mean to pile on the FUD, but this seems like a straw man. The comparison between Bitfinex and BTC-e does not stem from money laundering. There were two charges in the BTC-e indictment. One was for money laundering. The other was for operating an unlicensed MSB. Why would BTC-e be guilty of the latter, but not Bitfinex?

It sounds like you guys are conveniently ignoring that Bitfinex was also flouting US law for years, just like BTC-e was. And given Bitfinex's lax KYC requirements and lack of any cryptocurrency withdrawal limits, what makes you think that the US government wouldn't charge them with conspiracy to launder money? Just because they haven't yet?

The BTC-e seizure was "cleaning house." It won't be the last. The only exchanges I'm comfortable dumping USD on right now are GDAX and Gemini.....
TheQuin

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 09:56:33 AM

It sounds like you guys are conveniently ignoring that Bitfinex was also flouting US law for years, just like BTC-e was. And given Bitfinex's lax KYC requirements and lack of any cryptocurrency withdrawal limits, what makes you think that the US government wouldn't charge them with conspiracy to launder money? Just because they haven't yet?

The BTC-e seizure was "cleaning house." It won't be the last. The only exchanges I'm comfortable dumping USD on right now are GDAX and Gemini.....

This is actually a valid concern, unlike anything that the OP has come up with. Bitfinex has taken the step of barring all US customers but yes there is a possibility that the US will still go after them for past offences.

mayax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:26:42 AM

This is actually a valid concern, unlike anything that the OP has come up with. Bitfinex has taken the step of barring all US customers but yes there is a possibility that the US will still go after them for past offences.

past offences? Bitfinex is illegal in any country because ALL the jurisdictions require a financial license for what Bitfinex is doing. Smiley

Do you think that they don't need a license in EU or Australia or even Belize? Yes, they need it.

Bitfinex is like BTC-e and like many other unlicensed exchangers = fraudulent companies.   These exchangers must be closed. Only when all the exchangers will be regulated, BTC will be mainstream.
TheQuin

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 10:28:58 AM

past offences? Bitfinex is illegal in any country because ALL the jurisdictions require a financial license for what Bitfines is doing. Smiley

Bitfinex is like BTC-e and like many other unlicensed exchangers = fraudulent companies.   These exchangers must be closed. Only when all the exchangers will be regulated, BTC will be mainstream.

Just because you keep repeating it doesn't make it any truer or make any more sense.

mayax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:30:10 AM

past offences? Bitfinex is illegal in any country because ALL the jurisdictions require a financial license for what Bitfines is doing. Smiley

Bitfinex is like BTC-e and like many other unlicensed exchangers = fraudulent companies.   These exchangers must be closed. Only when all the exchangers will be regulated, BTC will be mainstream.

Just because you keep repeating it doesn't make it any truer or make any more sense.

please show me where I am wrong (with valid proofs). Are they licensed or what? Smiley
TheQuin

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 10:33:40 AM

please show me where I am wrong (with valid proofs). Are they licensed or what? Smiley

Please show me valid proof that they are breaking any law or are trading without a required licence in any jurisdiction they do business in.

mayax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:28:09 AM

Please show me valid proof that they are breaking any law or are trading without a required licence in any jurisdiction they do business in.

a very simple example: Bitfinex is trading in Japan and they NEED a license for that Smiley

https://bitlegal.io/2017/04/09/jfsa-fintech-support/

TheQuin

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 11:53:09 AM

a very simple example: Bitfinex is trading in Japan and they NEED a license for that Smiley

Really? You were telling us that they are in the British Virgin Islands.

Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 01:30:47 PM

Bitfinex is not licensed,there is no proof that bitfinex/tether has agreement with banks,so 1-1 redeem usdt-usd is pure fiction,instead paradise papers are showing that bitfinex has offshore account in Panama

Last fun is Bitfinex hire law firm to open lawsuit against one guy from twitter,same like thay did with wells.&fargo

https://www.coindesk.com/bitfinex-vs-bitfinexed-exchange-hires-law-firm-challenge-critics/

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
mayax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:19:31 PM

Really? You were telling us that they are in the British Virgin Islands.

Bitfinex operates worldwide. According to your words, if they are registered in BVI that means they can trade in USA as well...because they are not based in USA.

As you can KNOW, it' NOT true. Smiley  

But you are either an ignorant, a shill or Bitfinex staff.  It's OK but try to make your homework before trying to argue... The silence is sometimes better Wink
TheQuin

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 02:32:25 PM

Bitfinex operates worldwide. According to your words, if they are registered in BVI that means they can trade in USA as well...because they are not based in USA.

"Trading in" means having a business presence in not having customers in. Under your logic, every online business would have to apply for licences in every jurisdiction in the world.

The US is well known for its attempts to police the world, Japan not so.

Taking the example of online casinos many have chosen to block customers of certain countries if they feel that there is a chance of some legal attempt to impose another countries laws on them. Bitfinex's move with US customers shows this pattern is starting to spread.

As you can KNOW, it' NOT true. Smiley  

But you are either an ignorant, a shill or Bitfinex staff.  It's OK but try to make your homework before trying to argue... The silence is sometimes better Wink

I know what I know and I will leave others to decide which of us is better informed.

Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:57:52 PM

Bloomberg article https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-05/mystery-shrouds-tether-and-its-links-to-biggest-bitcoin-exchange

Regulators gov agencies dont be funny,usa shuted down btc-e becouse of Russia,what a brave FBI action to arrest btc-e russian owner,look our great work,how we protect you,commedy

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print