Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:48:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SCAM WARNING: TradeFortress 1 free Ripple BTC giveaway  (Read 2698 times)
themusicgod1

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 05:24:49 AM

I didn't suggest Ripple is a scam... Ripple is what it is; a centralized, closed source service. Personally I'm reserving judgement on its usefulness.

I said that Tradefortress seems to have exploited a hole in it, and that he is far from a scammer.

PS. You should be out of the newbie section once you have been logged in for more than four hours. If you've already done this and you are still restricted, I'd send a PM to a moderator.

I agree - you didn't, but you did call us sockpuppets.  And I want to make the point that it is reasonable for people who are being called scammers carte blanche to be able to justify their position, and that it isn't just OpenCoin sockpuppets coming out of the woodwork or something that's happening here.

There is no "Hole" that he is exploiting -- he exploiting *people* (if he's exploiting people at all).  Now granted, they will only be exploited to the extent that they trust him, but that is only going to happen because he's a Hero member, and that's the issue.

I will try staying logged in for 4 consecutive hours and do that if that doesn't work, thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BlackLilac Grant

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 06:18:21 AM

I didn't suggest Ripple is a scam... Ripple is what it is; a centralized, closed source service. Personally I'm reserving judgement on its usefulness.

I said that Tradefortress seems to have exploited a hole in it, and that he is far from a scammer.

PS. You should be out of the newbie section once you have been logged in for more than four hours. If you've already done this and you are still restricted, I'd send a PM to a moderator.

I agree - you didn't, but you did call us sockpuppets.  And I want to make the point that it is reasonable for people who are being called scammers carte blanche to be able to justify their position, and that it isn't just OpenCoin sockpuppets coming out of the woodwork or something that's happening here.

There is no "Hole" that he is exploiting -- he exploiting *people* (if he's exploiting people at all).  Now granted, they will only be exploited to the extent that they trust him, but that is only going to happen because he's a Hero member, and that's the issue.

I will try staying logged in for 4 consecutive hours and do that if that doesn't work, thanks.

Shouldn't have to be consecutive, there is a "Total time logged in" counter towards the top of the page, next to your avatar and directly under the "Watchlist" link. Once that hits four hours, and you have five or more posts, your restrictions should be lifted automatically.

Agree to disagree about Ripple/Tradefortress.

Cheers.
themusicgod1

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 06:40:49 AM

It is not rational to Agree to Disagree.  But let's make sure we're on the same page -- I don't think TF is a scammer per se, but posting in a thread and then removing all discussion that doesn't go along his point of view is very sketchy.
BlackLilac Grant

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 06:55:56 AM

It is not rational to Agree to Disagree.  But let's make sure we're on the same page -- I don't think TF is a scammer per se, but posting in a thread and then removing all discussion that doesn't go along his point of view is very sketchy.

Why isn't it rational? I know what I think about the situation, and I don't feel like arguing with those who are thinking about it differently.

Tradefortress is one of the more trustworthy people I know on this forum, and it is clear that his thread was done to exploit perceived failures in Ripple, not to scam anyone, and certainly not for personal gain.

I don't know about the posts he edited/deleted, certainly that could be sketchy, depending on the content of the posts.
themusicgod1

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 07:12:35 AM

Why isn't it rational? I know what I think about the situation, and I don't feel like arguing with those who are thinking about it differently.

I do understand -- arguing on the internet is a pain, and it's probable that you're arguing against a cad who doesn't know any better than you half the time who thinks he does.  It's exhausting and it's not always fruitful -- but nevertheless, rational people cannot agree to disagree.  Either one of us is irrational, we're talking past eachother(I suspect this is happening) or one of us is wrong and we need to both consider that possibility(really all 3).

Tradefortress is one of the more trustworthy people I know on this forum, and it is clear that his thread was done to exploit perceived failures in Ripple, not to scam anyone, and certainly not for personal gain.

Know what's funny?  I actually had encountered him earlier on the ripple network and had allocated him some trust there -- so he was likely trusted in the Ripple community by others too.  He (or any of these 30 people) could have made use of that ~0.002BTC because he seemed, at the time, pretty legit.  Now I am definitely wondering, and he can contact me if he wants to maintain that credit.

In the meanwhile I think I can post in other areas, thanks.
MoneypakTrader.com

Activity: 472

Never spend your money before you have it.

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 07:45:16 PM

please check out how TF scammed me and vote on him being a scammer: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=151880.0;all

naphto

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 08:28:37 PM

Sorry but no scam Sad
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: