Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:15:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: LUST ICO is a scam.  (Read 7300 times)
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 05:53:20 PM

If I were Theymos, I would charge 1 BTC to post an ICO. Then I would use some of it to vet the principles. Farm out the leg work to reputable people on here to dig into it.

While it will not 100% eliminate the problem I bet it would reduce it by 95%.

A chance for all to make a bit of BTC and make for a safer investment climate.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 12:28:04 PM

If I were Theymos, I would charge 1 BTC to post an ICO. Then I would use some of it to vet the principles. Farm out the leg work to reputable people on here to dig into it.

That is a great idea. Giving hordes of greedy scammers a platform they can simply launch dozens of fake ICOs from with no cost is why we are seeing the surge in them these days.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
LaoShanLung

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 11:58:54 PM

Thanks OP! New users like me can be easily deceived by this kind of thing.
phreeksta

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 11:35:42 AM

Big thanks to all guys, that helped finding this scam! Great to have this kind of community!
cnx-set

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 05:34:03 AM

Yeah but then again this is the internet. Who makes sure that the reputable people stay reputable and not get greedy and make some side money by accepting donations from ICO's. No one could check that and it could even hurt the reputation of the community when ICO's are announced as "BCT-checked" or smth. like that and turn out to be a big scam.

BTW: Thanks for the post to all of you guys you did a great job  Smiley
tolobret

Activity: 261
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 10:35:04 AM

i want to ask. recently i reply at lust thread and my trust is minus. i dont know if lust is scam, how to get back my trust?
Vik1126

Activity: 23

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 05:56:34 PM

Big thanks to all guys, that helped finding this scam! Great to have this kind of community!

I agree,  I almost fell for it
hypcoin

Activity: 36

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 02:12:28 PM

First, I want to thank the bitcoin community for sharing the information that this ICO is a scam. Unfortunately, I invested some money into this ICO because when I found this thread some days ago I didn't notice that there is another thread recording this ICO as a scam.

Is there any miracle to get my ETH back? Thanks in advance.

iamnewhere

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 01:02:30 AM

First, I want to thank the bitcoin community for sharing the information that this ICO is a scam. Unfortunately, I invested some money into this ICO because when I found this thread some days ago I didn't notice that there is another thread recording this ICO as a scam.

Is there any miracle to get my ETH back? Thanks in advance.

We try to post on every page on their ANN thread the warning about the Scam ICO, you just read first page and send your ETH to them?
It's the hard way you learned it now - i would not even give it a 0,0000001% chance that you see anything back from your ETH.
coinits
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 01:21:23 PM

The ANN OP has been locked down. Hopefully by a Mod. Now it's time to go after the Bounty OP and get it shut down too.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
dustboy

Activity: 1022
Merit: 517

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 04:37:45 PM

The ANN OP has been locked down. Hopefully by a Mod. Now it's time to go after the Bounty OP and get it shut down too.

The OP is not giving up yet, he has just created a new moderated topic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2149614.new#new so he can delete all negative feedback about his project and keep all those posts from the hacked accounts who are acting like they are other people who supports the project.
coinits
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 12:14:58 AM

The OP is not giving up yet, he has just created a new moderated topic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2149614.new#new so he can delete all negative feedback about his project and keep all those posts from the hacked accounts who are acting like they are other people who supports the project.

Figures.

loonb

Activity: 193

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:02:31 PM

Well if somebody gives their money despite the proofs around it his own fault. Too many scams lately but everybody have head and need to use it.
niceli

Activity: 197
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 10:34:10 PM

How the f are such obvious scams allowed on bct? I mean are there no mods who are protecting the users and can quickly close these threads and ban the compromised Accounts?
phreeksta

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 12:45:53 PM

How the f are such obvious scams allowed on bct? I mean are there no mods who are protecting the users and can quickly close these threads and ban the compromised Accounts?

It is not that easy. There are just to many ICOs and researching all of them, is a lot of work.
revenant2017

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

Healing Galing

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 11:03:00 PM

Almost 200 Ethers and 122 Etherium token holders have been scammed by this ICO. Mod should ban all those accounts. It's painful for the community with this kind of lost.
Islapdonkey

Activity: 882
Merit: 277

If i had a dollar for every "had i known"

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 06:34:17 PM

They closed the old thread and this is their new thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2149614.0and  it's moderated so any negative post is immediately deleted

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
phreeksta

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 09:03:19 PM

Someone already reported it to a moderator?
jahead

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 09:27:07 PM

I was posting this in the new ANN-thread:

THIS IS A SCAM ICO - DO NOT INVEST!

more details and informations you can read here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2077842.60

but it was deleted really fast by the selfmoderated OP,
moderators/admins have to do something asap!
Mi5h0

Activity: 560
Merit: 273

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 01:24:38 PM

I found one 'real' person from their team.  Wink

This is a release from his LinkedIn profile:
I'm removing myself from the Lust team effective immediately. I initially saw promise in the project and the idea, and I looked forward to developing it, but yesterday and today BitcoinTalk users identified enough key signs of a scam for me to withdraw my support until they explain themselves.

https://lnkd.in/gtXrfWG

Please do extensive research and due diligence prior to investment.

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6307616555182231552/
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: