Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:52:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin: $100K in 2021?  (Read 4460 times)
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 01:35:19 PM

I think that $100k is a very high price to be achieved within 2021 and the author is too optimistic to think like that.I do agree that bitcoin has potential to rise high and it should not be sold for smaller profits today,otherwise we would have to regret just like people who sold their BTCs in panic at just $1850 due to fear of hard fork.I hope that bitcoin could reach a price of $20k within 2021.

Please don't make people haste in selling their bitcoin, we already had a good price value right now and if this continue we can really reach a new heights and I think we have a new safe floor right now and if this really continue we can make it to the $100k dollar mark value and we can really make it there if we can not see anymore resistance going up.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 02:17:59 PM

100k $ in 4 years is quite difficult, eventhough that bitcoin got a very good rally in this year but 100k is a big number,it need a very large support, it may be needing legality from a lot of country and bitcoin need a very huge support to reach a very high transaction volume, it is possible but the chance is low consider the time is only 4 years
selline

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 03:27:07 PM

100k in 2019.
It will be over optimistic speculation, bitcoin price is still under $5k and expecting 20x increase within 2-3 year time period is really insane. I think price will be anywhere between $10k to $20k by end of next few years.

That's the point. Bitcoin isn't a standard asset. Its not something you buy and sell for quick profit.

It is a creed.

While I think Bitcoin at 100K is a possibility, I don't see it happening in in the next few years. The current jubilation will dissipate on a sharp downturn imo. We'll all see though Cheesy

If the bitcoin $100 k in 2021, it will be a tough debate going on about this because the price of the bitcoin is so extraordinary trade market so as to make the more rapidly and crowded, it would also create a serious speculation then requires a maturity in a few years. I am less sure of this and make me so crazy this
Dart18

Activity: 1400
Merit: 259

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 03:32:29 PM

Too far.
We are just at $4k and yet we are having a hard time into making it to the $5k level.
Even if you sum up a 10k rise every year will not take you to that haven. Although I think there is much room for bitcoin to grow but not to the extent of imagining this kind of numbers.
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 03:45:39 PM

100k $ in 4 years is quite difficult, eventhough that bitcoin got a very good rally in this year but 100k is a big number,it need a very large support, it may be needing legality from a lot of country and bitcoin need a very huge support to reach a very high transaction volume, it is possible but the chance is low consider the time is only 4 years
It needs a miracle to reach 100K $, this does look very impossible because currently the bitcoin price is at the 4K $ rate. It may take a very long time to reach the target. I'm not sure that bitcoin prices will move very fast for 4 years. Maybe a reasonable price is achieved within 4 years ie only about 15K $. Hopefully the bitcoin gets better and in line with the expectations of us all.
mharz

Activity: 336
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 10:20:23 PM

It needs a miracle to reach 100K $, this does look very impossible because currently the bitcoin price is at the 4K $ rate. It may take a very long time to reach the target. I'm not sure that bitcoin prices will move very fast for 4 years. Maybe a reasonable price is achieved within 4 years ie only about 15K $. Hopefully the bitcoin gets better and in line with the expectations of us all.
$100K you make me laugh, just sabotages the bitcoin society to happen it. $100k you need to wait a tons of years a lot of segwit to reach it. Your sounds is too much greedy you want to earn more just work hard and harder.
arbitrage

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 08:45:24 AM

Nothing is impossible, BTC is there as best proof. So relax and watch how high will go. I'm trader and selling from time to time to cover my expenses but now I have decided to keep large part in cold storage, when I see how BTC easily rise 500$ in one day, few years before this was "major pump" 500$ was something. In few years from now this will be 10k in one day..
bitjoin

Activity: 1372

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 08:52:39 AM

When a country like japan who has made it legal get to grips with it more and more those figures are possible.  People will compare it with gold market cap as a reason for it not to be able to go to 100k etc but gold has limited use in comparison and we are in the digital age now.  Also because we have gone to 4k so easy and held its not much to stretch the imagination a bit further to 100k is it?

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
.....5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y......
|     TWITTER     |    TELEGRAM    |     DISCORD     |
....JOIN NOW....
superplus

Activity: 475

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 08:54:57 AM

$100K you make me laugh, just sabotages the bitcoin society to happen it. $100k you need to wait a tons of years a lot of segwit to reach it. Your sounds is too much greedy you want to earn more just work hard and harder.
Does not close the possibility of up to 100k if bitcoin has become legitimate payment in the world according to various countries, but we must wait maybe tens of years first.
This is my opinion
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 09:18:35 AM

2021 which mean 4 years again but we even still not reach 10% from $100k indeed cryptocurrency sometimes give unpredictable results when we thought bitcoin price will never reach even to $4000 but in the fact is the price currently already in that range but although still several years went to 2021 on my predictions the price even less than $20k so $100k looks impossible to me
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 09:58:02 AM

2021 which mean 4 years again but we even still not reach 10% from $100k indeed cryptocurrency sometimes give unpredictable results when we thought bitcoin price will never reach even to $4000 but in the fact is the price currently already in that range but although still several years went to 2021 on my predictions the price even less than $20k so $100k looks impossible to me
Anything could happen to bitcoin. Bitcoin sometimes makes the impossible and then makes it a reality. Such prices now seem very impossible. But it could happen later, bitcoin can move very quickly. The development of bitcoin can make the bitcoin price even more unreasonable.
M.Terzi

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 10:06:57 AM

Maybe.. Everythink is possible Smiley
cybersofts
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 10:33:25 AM

Harvard academic and bitcoin investor Dennis Porto believes that, given a few years, it will soar far higher than either of those predictions. In an interview with Business Insider UK, Porto explained that the bitcoin price could reach $100,000 per coin in February 2021 if it follows Moore’s Law, one of the so-called “golden rules of digital technology.”

According to Porto, rapidly growing technologies have a doubling time, meaning that their effectiveness doubles within a consistent, repeatable timeframe. Traditionally, Moore’s law has been applied to computing technology, but Porto says that the bitcoin price has thus far followed the trend by more or less doubling every eight months throughout its history.

Assuming bitcoin continues to follow this golden rule in the near-term, Porto anticipates the bitcoin price will extend beyond $100,000 by February 2021. Using the current BTC supply for simplicity’s sake, this would give bitcoin a market cap of about $1.65 trillion. Needless to say, a $100,000 bitcoin price would thrill today’s investors, assuming they have the fortitude to resist the temptation to sell them.

Source here (the full newsarticle).

I am posting a part of this article here because I am sure that many would be excited to hear about this. So there is a basis for the doubling of value for Bitcoin and Mr. Porto refer to it as the Moore's Law. I am sure that many Bitcoin holders would be happy to know that in 2021 the value can be so high. This can embolden people to hold to their coin and to add more Bitcoin to their arsenal. Never give in to the temptation of selling since the present value is just actually the tip of the iceberg

Bitcoin may surge high

And as high as 100,000 dollars per coin in fact, but that would have nothing to do with Moore's law. The latter is about technology and technological development, and it had solid grounds for its relevance (until recently, at least). If anything, Bitcoin price rise has to do with explosive adoption but the latter is more about medicine and epidemiology since this is how contagious diseases spread out. Anyway, we have already seen Bitcoin price grow 4 times within mere 8 months so Moore's law has already been massively broken

Yes, it is possible for bitcoin to reach $100,000 by year 2021... Currently, there are so people following the bitcoin trend and are looking for the chance (capital) to get involve in the bitcoin, which is the latest trend for over 5 years on web. If bitcoin continues to trend like the passed five years then it is possible for bitcoin to be worth $100,000 or even more by 2021. The way bitcoin value was growing recently it is easy for it to reach that level by 2021.
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1004

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 10:37:51 AM

It's possible, but I do not think so either. Well, we do not know when bitcoin prices go up, and when bitcoin prices go down, we can just get ready about that. But, I guess a lot of people will get rich because of bitcoin in the future if they really save it.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Kyraishi

Activity: 952
Merit: 513

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 10:45:47 AM

Harvard academic and bitcoin investor Dennis Porto believes that, given a few years, it will soar far higher than either of those predictions. In an interview with Business Insider UK, Porto explained that the bitcoin price could reach $100,000 per coin in February 2021 if it follows Moore’s Law, one of the so-called “golden rules of digital technology.”

According to Porto, rapidly growing technologies have a doubling time, meaning that their effectiveness doubles within a consistent, repeatable timeframe. Traditionally, Moore’s law has been applied to computing technology, but Porto says that the bitcoin price has thus far followed the trend by more or less doubling every eight months throughout its history.

Assuming bitcoin continues to follow this golden rule in the near-term, Porto anticipates the bitcoin price will extend beyond $100,000 by February 2021. Using the current BTC supply for simplicity’s sake, this would give bitcoin a market cap of about $1.65 trillion. Needless to say, a $100,000 bitcoin price would thrill today’s investors, assuming they have the fortitude to resist the temptation to sell them.

Source here (the full newsarticle).

I am posting a part of this article here because I am sure that many would be excited to hear about this. So there is a basis for the doubling of value for Bitcoin and Mr. Porto refer to it as the Moore's Law. I am sure that many Bitcoin holders would be happy to know that in 2021 the value can be so high. This can embolden people to hold to their coin and to add more Bitcoin to their arsenal. Never give in to the temptation of selling since the present value is just actually the tip of the iceberg.

Long term bitcoin is always going to go up, because of the fact that the block reward will halve every 4 years or so whilst more and more people will continue to adopt bitcoin.

I just don't think that it's going to become $100k all of a sudden in 2021. That is a 25x rise from the current price level.

I'm not saying that it is impossible, but rather i think that this is just someone being way too optimistic.

$100k is going to be easy, when the fiat currencies around the world loses its value. Due to the fact that bitcoin has a maximum amount that can ever be generated, it will become a store of value and a hedge against inflation in the long run.

Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 11:43:23 AM

I dont think bitcoin will reach 100k dollars in the year of 2021 because that price is very high and before they reach that I think they need 1 decade more to reach that price. But we dont know what is the exact price of bitcoin after 4 years but I hope the price is very higj in the next few years so we can make a lot of profit in the future. More bitcoin that you have more money to get .
liuqi

Activity: 1092
Merit: 257

LuckyB.it is Back!

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 01:43:24 PM

It's possible, but I do not think so either. Well, we do not know when bitcoin prices go up, and when bitcoin prices go down, we can just get ready about that. But, I guess a lot of people will get rich because of bitcoin in the future if they really save it.

Please be ready for any situation bitcoin price moves up and down. Actually that is the tendency of bitcoin as from the starting time onwards. As satoshi speculates bitcoin's price will be touch to 10000$ in 2020. I don't think this op wish would happen or not.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
Basmic

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 02:46:04 PM

All the predictions of this level have no meaning. It's more like dreams. Why this price? Why not $ 1 million? Still there is no economic reason for this development. So the price can be any. I don't believe in long-term predictions of bitcoin prices. Even to the end of the year we don't know what will be the price.
n0ne

Activity: 2576
Merit: 548

Seabet.io | Crypto-Casino

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 02:52:20 PM

I dont think bitcoin will reach 100k dollars in the year of 2021 because that price is very high and before they reach that I think they need 1 decade more to reach that price. But we dont know what is the exact price of bitcoin after 4 years but I hope the price is very higj in the next few years so we can make a lot of profit in the future. More bitcoin that you have more money to get .
The chances were low, but we cannot deny that price increase won't happen to that extent. This year the adoption has increased in a large scale. Secondly few countries have got into the legalized use of bitcoin and we have reach above $4000. If the same happens in each and every country then price reaching $100k is not a big deal.

MMysterious

Activity: 972
Merit: 255

Bear season or just the beginning

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 02:57:36 PM

It is very possible to happen in the next 4 years and it gives us more reason to save more bitcoin and not always spend on things not really that important. Though it is too good to be true, still these are speculations so what we need to do is still save even if bitcoin will not reach that amount.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: