Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 07:01:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin: $100K in 2021?  (Read 4460 times)
MissionPhailed

Activity: 583
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 04:56:00 PM

An astounding value in just a few years, but not impossible it seems. We're now in the situation that Bitcoin is almost too big to fail and the total market cap of crypto as a whole (including altcoins) increased with almost 1000% this year alone. The world of cryptocurrencies is now financially 'bigger' than the company McDonalds (current $128 billion market cap).
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 05:14:31 PM

An astounding value in just a few years, but not impossible it seems. We're now in the situation that Bitcoin is almost too big to fail and the total market cap of crypto as a whole (including altcoins) increased with almost 1000% this year alone. The world of cryptocurrencies is now financially 'bigger' than the company McDonalds (current $128 billion market cap).

Very nice. I haven seen people telling Bitcoin can hit $500K in 3-5 years... I doubt about it, but the fact is that Bitcoin is growing really strong, if we take in consideration the increasement in price this year. The question is if Bitcoin has enough power to continue showing results like this every new year, if so Bitcoin can reach $100K in 2021 or even more.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
ElitistCA

Activity: 477
Merit: 250

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 05:16:40 PM

Let's see we're over $4k now. Lets just say it doesn't go up much the whole rest of this year and we only hit $5000 this year.
A conservative bet for bitcoin is to double each year until it gets close to mass market, mass market will likely be 6 figures. That means $10k 2018, $20k 2019, $40k 2020, $80k 2021, >$100k 2022. So yeah it is definitely possible to see $100k in 2021.
If as your said, in future every year Bitcoin will growth x2 old price in last year. And final it will stable in 2022, is right? But you should think again about the period growth from 2015 until to this year Wink.

I don't find these numbers realistic, especially $100.000 number. This means 50 times multiplication with respect to now. We can see prices around $15.000, yet not much higher ones. There will be a saturation in the market.

He is talking about 2021, which is 4 years away. That will involve one halving of the block reward in 2020 as well. We all know what happened after the last block reward halving. We just need one good rally for Bitcoin to rise 10x. So 100,000 definitely is not impossible.
Yes, we also know every 4 years, the reward block mining will decreasing a half, if Bitcoin in that time can become famous, very easy for helps Bitcoin have a reason make the price of it go the moon. Important in that time Bitcoin still good and can support a huge number user on the world or has been replaced by other altcoin.

███████████████████████
     ███▄ ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█▀▀  █████
    ███  █▀  ▀█▀▀▀       ▐█ ███
   ███  ▄██▄▄█▀▄▄▄        █▌ ███
  ███ ▄█▀  █     ▀█▄▄     ▐█  ▐██
 ███▄█▀    █        ▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄ ██
████▀      █           ▀██▀   ▀█ ██
 ██▀█▄     █          ▄█▀▀█▄▄▄█▀██
  ██ ▀█▄   █      ▄▄█▀▀    ▐█  ██
   ██  ▀█▄█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀        █▌ ██
    ███  █▄  ▄█▀█▄▄▄      █▌███
     ███  ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀█▄▄▐████
      ███████████████████████

▄▄       ▄▄▄        ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄ 
  ▀█▄   ▄█▀ ▀█▄    ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀   ▀▀█▄
    ▀█▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█▀  ▐█         █▌
    ▄█▀█▄      ▄█▀    ▐█         █▌
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█▀       █▄       ▄█
▄█▀       ▀██▀          ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀

Network
BLOCKCHAIN JUST ENTERED THE REAL WORLD
  Decentralized Crypto-Location Oracle Network
GET WHITELISTED FOR TOKEN SALE ( Limited )

WHITE PAPER  ││  ANN Thread  Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Reddit
jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 05:49:17 PM

Let's see we're over $4k now. Lets just say it doesn't go up much the whole rest of this year and we only hit $5000 this year.
A conservative bet for bitcoin is to double each year until it gets close to mass market, mass market will likely be 6 figures. That means $10k 2018, $20k 2019, $40k 2020, $80k 2021, >$100k 2022. So yeah it is definitely possible to see $100k in 2021.
If as your said, in future every year Bitcoin will growth x2 old price in last year. And final it will stable in 2022, is right? But you should think again about the period growth from 2015 until to this year Wink.

I don't find these numbers realistic, especially $100.000 number. This means 50 times multiplication with respect to now. We can see prices around $15.000, yet not much higher ones. There will be a saturation in the market.

He is talking about 2021, which is 4 years away. That will involve one halving of the block reward in 2020 as well. We all know what happened after the last block reward halving. We just need one good rally for Bitcoin to rise 10x. So 100,000 definitely is not impossible.
Yes, we also know every 4 years, the reward block mining will decreasing a half, if Bitcoin in that time can become famous, very easy for helps Bitcoin have a reason make the price of it go the moon. Important in that time Bitcoin still good and can support a huge number user on the world or has been replaced by other altcoin.

Ya true.From my point of view, their is no doubt for bitcoin achieved  100k $ in 2021.Who's know it will achieved before too.Why because ,many had said bitcoin will reach 4000$ at the end of 2018.But  suddenly that Peak has been achieved. Now people are speaking about 5000$.That also reached with 2017 itself. I think many not forget the price rise bitcoin nearer to 4500$.I think It's 4498$.So I am dam sure that bitcoin will reach  100k $ in 2021.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Zicadis
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Dump it!!!

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 05:56:35 PM

We all have high expectations for bitcoin and $100k is not mathematically  impossible provided we all play our part of letting others know about this digital currency and its technology to bring in demand. Just like the saying "It takes a village to raise a child" if the same concept can be applied and bitcoin being treated as a child by the bitcoin community value can grow to that much...maybe even more.
hurain

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 06:42:59 AM

Ya true.From my point of view, their is no doubt for bitcoin achieved  100k $ in 2021.Who's know it will achieved before too.Why because ,many had said bitcoin will reach 4000$ at the end of 2018.But  suddenly that Peak has been achieved. Now people are speaking about 5000$.That also reached with 2017 itself. I think many not forget the price rise bitcoin nearer to 4500$.I think It's 4498$.So I am dam sure that bitcoin will reach  100k $ in 2021.
yes no doubt that bitcoin can achieve that position as bitcoin has the potential, but i think it is very early to speculate about that so early. i think to analyze about the price of bitcoin about 4 years ago is not a wise think, it is even difficult to speculate about the price of bitcoin for a single day, but wen can only expect that bitcoin will surely cross 100K in 2121.
Chachacoin17

Activity: 672

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 08:48:09 AM

yes no doubt that bitcoin can achieve that position as bitcoin has the potential, but i think it is very early to speculate about that so early. i think to analyze about the price of bitcoin about 4 years ago is not a wise think, it is even difficult to speculate about the price of bitcoin for a single day, but wen can only expect that bitcoin will surely cross 100K in 2121.
As much as I want to believe on this speculation, I still have reservation about it. This is just too good to be true and all that is too good to happen are just dreams. I believe in bitcoin that someday it will reach $100k but maybe after a decade. 2021 is just 4 years away from today. So I think no, this can't happen as early as 2021. What I have known that it was speculated that at 2060 bitcoin's inflation will be very negligible that cause the price to be extremely high.
sasaku bitbit

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 02:31:34 PM

I think to analyze about the price of bitcoin 4 years who come adalaht we cannot predict about this, even it is difficult to speculate on the price of the bitcoin for one day, because the current course price bitcoin decreased to $3900 from $4100, but I can only expect bitcoin will definitely cross over 100 k in 2021, although price declines were only occasional bitcoin while only.
DrGuns4Hands

Activity: 910
Merit: 550

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 02:39:31 PM

$100k really ? imagine we're on 2017 right now soon to be 2018 and still bitcoin price hasn't raise up to $10k and yet you're thinking that bitcoin could reach that kind of value ? maybe atleast $15k on 2021. im assured that it will happen but $100k i don't think so. it will be imbalance if that's happen. bitcoin price always need to be corrected for the economy.
aysg76
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 2124

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 04:31:32 PM

I'm very much clear about the idea of bitcoin getting to $100k as it has potential to acquire that landmark. But it seems quite hard for this crypto to achieve this milestone in the lap of 4 years...

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
hous26

Activity: 462
Merit: 115

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 06:43:53 PM

$100k really ? imagine we're on 2017 right now soon to be 2018 and still bitcoin price hasn't raise up to $10k and yet you're thinking that bitcoin could reach that kind of value ? maybe atleast $15k on 2021. im assured that it will happen but $100k i don't think so. it will be imbalance if that's happen. bitcoin price always need to be corrected for the economy.

I'm partial to agree with you and while the past cannot be used to accurately predict the future when it comes to exchanges I did find this tidbit interesting:

On August 22, 2014, the price of one Bitcoin was $115 and four years later, to today, it's around $4025.  That is a 35 fold increase!  If we see the same growth in the next four years that we saw in the last then the price of one Bitcoin would be $140,875.00. It's also import to consider that in the three months from August 2014 to November 2014, Bitcoin saw an over 9x fold increase, lol.

One can dream but I think $40,000 is more realistic.
sms301

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 06:45:59 PM

I'm partial to agree with you and while the past cannot be used to accurately predict the future when it comes to exchanges I did find this tidbit interesting:

On August 22, 2014, the price of one Bitcoin was $115 and four years later, to today, it's around $4025.  That is a 35 fold increase!  If we see the same growth in the next four years that we saw in the last then the price of one Bitcoin would be $140,875.00. It's also import to consider that in the three months from August 2014 to November 2014, Bitcoin saw an over 9x fold increase, lol.

One can dream but I think $40,000 is more realistic.

Yeah.. We should start buying and keep holding it.
BlackLiSS

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 06:49:22 PM

Harvard academic and bitcoin investor Dennis Porto believes that, given a few years, it will soar far higher than either of those predictions. In an interview with Business Insider UK, Porto explained that the bitcoin price could reach $100,000 per coin in February 2021 if it follows Moore’s Law, one of the so-called “golden rules of digital technology.”

According to Porto, rapidly growing technologies have a doubling time, meaning that their effectiveness doubles within a consistent, repeatable timeframe. Traditionally, Moore’s law has been applied to computing technology, but Porto says that the bitcoin price has thus far followed the trend by more or less doubling every eight months throughout its history.

Assuming bitcoin continues to follow this golden rule in the near-term, Porto anticipates the bitcoin price will extend beyond $100,000 by February 2021. Using the current BTC supply for simplicity’s sake, this would give bitcoin a market cap of about $1.65 trillion. Needless to say, a $100,000 bitcoin price would thrill today’s investors, assuming they have the fortitude to resist the temptation to sell them.

Source here (the full newsarticle).

I am posting a part of this article here because I am sure that many would be excited to hear about this. So there is a basis for the doubling of value for Bitcoin and Mr. Porto refer to it as the Moore's Law. I am sure that many Bitcoin holders would be happy to know that in 2021 the value can be so high. This can embolden people to hold to their coin and to add more Bitcoin to their arsenal. Never give in to the temptation of selling since the present value is just actually the tip of the iceberg.

Wash everything depends on the number of investors. The more people buy, the higher the price. But so that people buy, the media should continue to tell about bitcoin.

Therefore, to say exactly what the price will be, it is impossible
mrfreezeh

Activity: 348

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 07:43:16 PM

Haha, if Bitcoin want break the rules normal of economy and finance on the world, this target reach in future is possible because we also see the growth of Bitcoin from 2009 until today. So, not any things can't impossible become true.
molsewid

Activity: 2170
Merit: 530

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 10:17:34 PM

No one will known the exact price exact year when the price of bitcoin become that high value ever since i im depending my self to trading and investing of bitcoin and the only way i know to get more profit by it. Bitcoin already broke the walls and other speculation and prediction and if that happens on 2021 maybe bitcoin is already up to atm's
Zuilhsa

Activity: 296
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 09:20:38 AM

reaching such a big number within 4 years time is difficult, but me or you or no one can predict it because bitcoin also has the potential to grow. also halving is there in 2020 which may skyrocket the price, so its good to start holding bitcoins from now.

rivoke
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 10:22:39 AM

Anything can happen but one for sure that being investor has a bigger profit rather than trader
But remember , the risk for being investor is higher than trader because who knows bitcoin will be vanish before year 2020

So the conclusion will be : you're a new millionaire on 2021 or bitcoin vanish forever , it's all depend on us, BITCOIN HOLDER !!
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 02:01:04 PM

Anything can happen but one for sure that being investor has a bigger profit rather than trader
But remember , the risk for being investor is higher than trader because who knows bitcoin will be vanish before year 2020

So the conclusion will be : you're a new millionaire on 2021 or bitcoin vanish forever , it's all depend on us, BITCOIN HOLDER !!
The possibility to reach $100k is much, but none is sure when that happens. I personally feel this to be too early to reach such a bigger value. Also we need to think the above statement that none has the perfect information about the lasting, it might stay active for long or might vanish. It all depends on the growth and is completely risk involved.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
henmark

Activity: 783
Merit: 270

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 05:24:38 AM

Harvard academic and bitcoin investor Dennis Porto believes that, given a few years, it will soar far higher than either of those predictions. In an interview with Business Insider UK, Porto explained that the bitcoin price could reach $100,000 per coin in February 2021 if it follows Moore’s Law, one of the so-called “golden rules of digital technology.”

According to Porto, rapidly growing technologies have a doubling time, meaning that their effectiveness doubles within a consistent, repeatable timeframe. Traditionally, Moore’s law has been applied to computing technology, but Porto says that the bitcoin price has thus far followed the trend by more or less doubling every eight months throughout its history.

Assuming bitcoin continues to follow this golden rule in the near-term, Porto anticipates the bitcoin price will extend beyond $100,000 by February 2021. Using the current BTC supply for simplicity’s sake, this would give bitcoin a market cap of about $1.65 trillion. Needless to say, a $100,000 bitcoin price would thrill today’s investors, assuming they have the fortitude to resist the temptation to sell them.

I am posting a part of this article here because I am sure that many would be excited to hear about this. So there is a basis for the doubling of value for Bitcoin and Mr. Porto refer to it as the Moore's Law. I am sure that many Bitcoin holders would be happy to know that in 2021 the value can be so high. This can embolden people to hold to their coin and to add more Bitcoin to their arsenal. Never give in to the temptation of selling since the present value is just actually the tip of the iceberg.

That’s a very huge one though but its going to only happen if and only if some things are put in place if there is no interference in the market by nations or big companies then we can be sure its reaching there
richmcrich

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 07:31:40 AM

That’s possible though only if some measures are not put in place by many countries to control the growth rate of bitcoin, if the bitcoin market doesn’t get disturbed by country polices and international agencies that’s the only way it can go so high
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: