Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:44:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Claim Your Bitcoin Cash Balance and Exchange into Bitcoins  (Read 21115 times)
aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 07:27:49 PM

So do I need to move Bitcoins off my wallets first before following your procedure? If I send Bitcoins to a new address, will the Bitcoin Cash still be at that address? I assume that would be the safest thing to do first to protect the Bitcoins.
BitcoinReseller (OP)

Activity: 386
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 08:39:22 PM

So do I need to move Bitcoins off my wallets first before following your procedure? If I send Bitcoins to a new address, will the Bitcoin Cash still be at that address? I assume that would be the safest thing to do first to protect the Bitcoins.

Yes better to move bitcoins first to new wallet address, and bitcoin cash will stay on old address  Wink

▓▓▓ ➤ Start Your Bitcoin Site ▓▓▓ ▓▓▓ ➤ Best Bitcoin Paying Sites ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
J. Cooper

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

Alea iacta est

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 09:24:15 PM

I personally didn't store any bitcoin prior to the hardfork so there's no bitcoin cash for me, but this is very handy for people that did. Nice contribution to the community!
BitcoinReseller (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 06:07:52 AM

I personally didn't store any bitcoin prior to the hardfork so there's no bitcoin cash for me, but this is very handy for people that did. Nice contribution to the community!

hope you have better luck with some new fork

▓▓▓ ➤ Start Your Bitcoin Site ▓▓▓ ▓▓▓ ➤ Best Bitcoin Paying Sites ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
redhopper

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 07:13:47 AM

hope you have better luck with some new fork
rumours are next fork in november, (or is that just a rumour. Tongue)
BitcoinReseller (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 09:36:57 AM

i hope to see new fork on November, and more free coins  Cheesy

Flanagan

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 10:36:12 AM

I am copying this from another thread i started yesterday since the information should be here:

My post:
I had a wallet in Mycelium. Sent all the btc I had there to a new wallet in a desktop wallet type so as to leave it empty.
I installed Electron Cash, introduced the SEED of the Mycelium wallet (that was now empty of btc), and thebalance that shows up is less than I had originally in btc.
YES, they were pre-Bitcoin Cash bitcoins.
Also in Electron Cash, in History, it shows "not confirmed" on all of the transactions in the history.

Any help on this? My Mycelium wallet had only a small amount and was using it first to try to redeem my BCC before i do so with another wallet that has more.

Appreciate any help, links, thanks

Reply by BitcoinReseller:
Electron cash wallet has 100 inputs limit per sweep.
You have to wait till first sweep get confirmed, then you can do anther sweep.

if you want to claim your bitcoin cash using Electron Cash wallet try this step by step tutorial :
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2078292.0

My reply today:
Thanks, reading the other thread now. In anycase, what about the "not verified" issue I get ? how do I get the balance of each address to show "confimed" in Electron Cash?In original wallet (mycellium) I had 19 entries in transaction history, in E.Cash only 15.  The thing is all the received inputs do show in the transaction history of E. Cash; it's the outputs that must be larger making my balance less that I had in btc. Maybe some of the "change" inputs from the outputs not showing....

NOTE: I did not sweep each individual key; rather I just introduced the seed from the mycelium wallet" when creating the new wallet in Electron Cash.

(copying this message to your other thread)

Learn to listen, listen to learn.
Flanagan

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 10:41:58 AM
Last edit: August 31, 2017, 10:56:37 AM by Flanagan

Yes because if you don't move your btc first to a brand new wallet then you'd be exposing your seed/keys to Electron Cash, which you are gong to do but never if that seed/address contains btc just in case.
So, yes, I sent all my btc from my original wallet to a new wallet, leaving the original one empty completely of btc. Then and only then am I introducing my seed into Electron Cash, which is the software I'm using to try and get my Bitcoin Cash freebies.

EDIT:
Besides making sure your original btc wallet is completely empty of btc before proceeding to do the Electron Cash stuff, some other things I've heard that are convenient to do are:
- Use a different PC to use Electron Cash (a PC that doesn't contain any btc wallets).
- If you don't have another PC, try using a Virtual Machine to work with Electron Cash, and first take out of the PC all wallet files from btc wallets.
- Preferably use Linux always for all btc / bcc or any cryptocoins. Yoou can do a linux install in your virtual machine for example; I'm using Oracle VM Virtual Box, a free software, and Lubuntu for Linux there (Lubuntu is a lighter version of Ubuntu Linux).

Flanagan

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 10:49:53 AM

Thanks for the tutorial man. That blockchain link works very well. For me the problem is still deciding which wallet to use. Are you enjoying using that one, and do you feel secure with it. Why did you choose that one? Did you paid attention to any particular details?
I think a thread with a review, or tips on how to choose a BCH wallet would be great.

I looked in the bitcoin cash web page where they list a few wallets. The only one that I found that does not need to download the entire blockchain is Electron Cash, besides the hardware ones which I don't use.

BitcoinReseller (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 06:21:39 PM

i don't know what "not verified" means, as long as i'm not the developer and i never get like this problem before.
usually i get 'Unconfirmed' for new transactions, but soon it gets 'Confirmed'.

you said you did Wallet Import, in my case i did Sweep.
i notice in one of my wallets, which has many transactions when i do sweep only some inputs and some of total balance get sweep to my Electron cash wallet. i notice some more balance was still remain in my bcc wallet. and i get error when i do new sweep before first sweep payment get confirmed. so i wait some minutes till first sweep get confirmed then i did another sweep for same private key (same wallet) to claim the remaining inputs (balance) till it get empty (no inputs and no more balance).

maybe i'm using old Electron Cash wallet version, it has only sweep, no import wallet option other than starting up (import or create new wallet) i created new wallet.

maybe your problem will be solved if you follow steps exactly, sweep worked very well with all my wallets, only one which has many inputs (many transactions) i said before, double sweep solved the problem. but not sure double import is possible  Undecided

what i advice you to do, is installing Electron Cash wallet again on new laptop, Create new wallet, and then Sweep your old wallet, this should work if your wallet has many transaction /many inputs. each sweep will take 100 inputs only.

Good luck!

Flanagan

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 07:35:24 PM

Thanks for your help.
The thing is, the original wallet in this case is on Mycelium on a smartphone. How can one "sweep" the data from the computer?

BitcoinReseller (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 07:38:00 PM

Thanks for your help.
The thing is, the original wallet in this case is on Mycelium on a smartphone. How can one "sweep" the data from the computer?

while you have private key for your wallet, you can sweep funds into your new created wallet on Electron.
Sweep will create new transaction and send balance from your old wallet (Mycelium) into your new Electron cash wallet.

Flanagan

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 12:31:07 PM
Last edit: September 01, 2017, 01:15:39 PM by Flanagan

I have the 12 word seed from mycelium but no idea how to get the private key to be able to do sweep with electron cash, unless you are referring to me introducing in sweep one by one all the addreses that show in trasanction history in mycelium ?

Flanagan

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 01:18:43 PM

i hope to see new fork on November, and more free coins  Cheesy

Perhaps two forks:
https://cointelegraph.com/news/suddenly-bitcoin-gpu-hard-fork-could-give-bitcoiners-more-free-money

Flanagan

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 03:54:56 PM

This is what I mean by "not verified". I tried using different connection servers in Electron Cash; it even says "connected to 10 nodes" but nothing. And balance, again, not correct ?

BitcoinReseller (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 07:53:42 AM

i'm using Electron-Cash-2.9.2 i see you're using Electron-Cash-2.9.3
maybe your version has some bugs?

try to download my current version from here :
http://1ink.cc/ByCz

run it on new pc /laptop no bitcoin wallets installed on it, will be better.

Flanagan

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 12:16:18 PM

Thanks for all the help. I've decided to work with Coinomi instead of E.Cash, and it worked no problem ! Only had to introduce seed from Myc and got the correct balance BCH

BitcoinReseller (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:24:49 AM

most welcome!

bobq

Activity: 1148
Merit: 307

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 10:00:16 AM

Thanks for tutorial, I will try it out. My previous attempts didn't work out, let's hope your tutorial does.

BitcoinReseller (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 05:32:29 PM

Thanks for tutorial, I will try it out. My previous attempts didn't work out, let's hope your tutorial does.

hope it works, if you need any help send me PM

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: