Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:53:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Claim Your Bitcoin Cash Balance and Exchange into Bitcoins  (Read 21115 times)
BitcoinReseller (OP)

Activity: 386
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 09:13:23 AM

hardfork so no dongcoin for me dong, but this is very handy for those who have done. They are Bitcoin Cash Bitcoin Money.
Also in Electron Cash, in History, it shows "not confirmed" on all transactions. My balance is less than I had in btc. Maybe some of the "change" inputs from the outputs do not show up ...

Electron Cash has 100 inputs limit per sweep.

when you do a sweep, if not all balance transferred, you have to wait till fist sweep till get confirm then do another sweep to claim the remaining balance.

▓▓▓ ➤ Start Your Bitcoin Site ▓▓▓ ▓▓▓ ➤ Best Bitcoin Paying Sites ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
AimHigh

Activity: 554
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 09:35:47 AM

Wow having of this kind of posting of information was very helping for those who didn't know what's the procedure or the steps to claim the bitcoin cash balance. On this kind of post we should under properly and carefully specially those who always posting and asking question repeatedly.
BitcoinReseller (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 06:19:45 PM

Wow having of this kind of posting of information was very helping for those who didn't know what's the procedure or the steps to claim the bitcoin cash balance. On this kind of post we should under properly and carefully specially those who always posting and asking question repeatedly.

yes till now i notice some people still don't know how to claim their free bitcoin cash.

▓▓▓ ➤ Start Your Bitcoin Site ▓▓▓ ▓▓▓ ➤ Best Bitcoin Paying Sites ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
qjiggy

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:15:25 AM

This is something I would like to do, but I'm not even getting past stage 1!
I got on to Blockchair all right, but not happy with the result. I wonder if anyone else had this experience.

I have a Bitcoin Core wallet, and there was about 3/4 btc in it at fork time. Submitting my addresses to Blockchair came up with all my deposits OK, I can match them to my wallet history - but then Blockchair informs me that all those deposits - minus a tiny 0.002 btc - were spent! So there would not be any bcash worth pursuing. I don't think that represents the "situation on the ground".
So now the question is - which logic is used when claiming bitcoin cash? Is this based on the Blockchair results, or does Electron Cash do it some other way?
BitcoinReseller (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 07:33:31 PM

This is something I would like to do, but I'm not even getting past stage 1!
I got on to Blockchair all right, but not happy with the result. I wonder if anyone else had this experience.

I have a Bitcoin Core wallet, and there was about 3/4 btc in it at fork time. Submitting my addresses to Blockchair came up with all my deposits OK, I can match them to my wallet history - but then Blockchair informs me that all those deposits - minus a tiny 0.002 btc - were spent! So there would not be any bcash worth pursuing. I don't think that represents the "situation on the ground".
So now the question is - which logic is used when claiming bitcoin cash? Is this based on the Blockchair results, or does Electron Cash do it some other way?

maybe you don't have 3/4 btc at the fork time but later, getting funds after fork time will not give BCC.

qjiggy

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 10:26:07 PM

I thought I made it clear that, at fork time, and well before that too, there was a definite unspent balance in my wallet.

I even repeated the blockchairing exercise just to make sure I had all the details right. This is not confidence-inspiring.

BitcoinReseller (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 06:29:06 AM

I thought I made it clear that, at fork time, and well before that too, there was a definite unspent balance in my wallet.

I even repeated the blockchairing exercise just to make sure I had all the details right. This is not confidence-inspiring.

try to insert your PK on this site while you're offline after page load :

http://bitaddreses.org/
Wallet Details > enter private key and view details.

it will give your 2 private keys (one on right, and one on left), one is your entered one and other is compressed private key.

try to import the other private that you don't insert, hope BCC are there.

qjiggy

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 06:51:55 AM

try to insert your PK on this site while you're offline after page load :

http://bitaddreses.org/
Wallet Details > enter private key and view details.

it will give your 2 private keys (one on right, and one on left), one is your entered one and other is compressed private key.

try to import the other private that you don't insert, hope BCC are there.
That site has 4 topics but every one of them links to How To Make A Paper Bitcoin Wallet.
In any case, it's not the PK I'm worried about just now, I didn't need it at the Blockchair site, they just asked for the wallet addresses. I haven't got to the stage of wanting to import keys, I'm still wondering where my btc balance went...

BTW I had to change the link to bitaddresses because the other one does not work.

BitcoinReseller (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 08:42:46 AM

@qjiggy sorry but i don't understand your problem  Huh

qjiggy

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 09:59:19 AM

Ah, all right.

Problem - the Blockchair site gives a strange result. It does not recognise that I had a btc balance at 1st August; it thinks all my deposits were spent. But they are not, I had a balance of about 3/4 btc.

So - if I try to recover bcc/bch from this bitcoin core wallet, can I be confident that I can claim something? The previous link you posted makes no sense, as I'm not interested in creating a paper wallet which is all it is promoting.

To set up an Electron Cash wallet - fine. I can provide private keys, fine. But do they use the Blockchair system of calculating btc balances, or is that done another way? I'm not sure I want to go though that process and be told there is nothing to claim, when I know there certainly is. I cannot understand the Blockchair process that came up with such a wrong result.

Can you give some insight into what goes on behind the scenes?
BitcoinReseller (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 08:35:17 PM

Ah, all right.

Problem - the Blockchair site gives a strange result. It does not recognise that I had a btc balance at 1st August; it thinks all my deposits were spent. But they are not, I had a balance of about 3/4 btc.

So - if I try to recover bcc/bch from this bitcoin core wallet, can I be confident that I can claim something? The previous link you posted makes no sense, as I'm not interested in creating a paper wallet which is all it is promoting.

To set up an Electron Cash wallet - fine. I can provide private keys, fine. But do they use the Blockchair system of calculating btc balances, or is that done another way? I'm not sure I want to go though that process and be told there is nothing to claim, when I know there certainly is. I cannot understand the Blockchair process that came up with such a wrong result.

Can you give some insight into what goes on behind the scenes?

can you give me your wallet address?
i check it how much funds it has.

stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 08:48:32 PM

Thank you so much for the detailed tutorial. I think many of the beginners needed this kind of steps. I too heard that Bittrex did this ridiculous limit to all the accounts and it will definitely affect them.
Actually having this kind of information for the people who experience different type of transaction could help new people here in the bitcoin system. It is a good thing for bitcoin because it could actually a factor for bitcoin development in the future that could also help bitcoin development as a part of innovation on its transactions, value , price and also the security in every investments and trading people would do.
Although the information that was posted in this thread is found to be useful for people trying to get rid of their coins, they should hold the coins so they can make more money..

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
qjiggy

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:04:45 AM

can you give me your wallet address?
i check it how much funds it has.
I didn't want to post that sort of information so won't go down that road.
Instead I just downloaded the Electron Cash wallet from the link you posted. Came up as a Trojan straight away, so after cleaning my computer I went to the proper website for the latest version. However this did not help any, it only found a very small fraction of my funds which is not worth bothering with. So I think I will give up on this.
BitcoinReseller (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:08:27 PM

@qjiggy

hope you have better luck with Bitcoin Gold  Wink

jyb3

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:32:19 PM
Last edit: October 26, 2017, 02:41:36 PM by jyb3

So I am a bit confused.  I keep hearing about free bitcoins with this fork.  And all you have to do is claim your Bitcoin Cash, transfer it and exchange your Bitcoin Cash to the original Bitcoin.  However sweep private keys from your Multibit wallet with the Electron Cash wallet,  it isn't claiming free coins, it is exchanging them.  It actually deducted BTC from my Multibit Wallet, and converted them in the BTC (Electron Cash) wallet. 

Seems to me I lost a ton of money because 1 BTC is not the same as 1 BCC.

Do I understand this correctly?  Sweeping your Multbit private keys into Electron Cash wallet removes BTC out of your Multibit wallet?

Thanks.

[UPDATE] So apparently Multibit Classic didn't understand the fork.  I swept the private key into Electrum, and the full amount transferred in.  Nothing to see here.
BitcoinReseller (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 01:47:01 PM

you should have both BTC and BCH and soon BTG from the fork, all equal to your bitcoins when fork happen.

SuzyAZ

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 07:20:50 PM

How do I access the step by step for claiming my Bitcoin Cash and Exchanging it?
Can't seem to find it.  All my bitcoins are stored on Ledger.

SuzyAZ
BitcoinReseller (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 07:13:10 AM

How do I access the step by step for claiming my Bitcoin Cash and Exchanging it?
Can't seem to find it.  All my bitcoins are stored on Ledger.

SuzyAZ

1) Upgrade the chrome extension Ledger Manager to 1.0.3 or upper
2) Upgrade the chrome extension Ledger Wallet Bitcoin to 1.8.4 or upper
3) From the ledger Bitcoin wallet you can use the same seed by clicking on [Main], or by creating a new dedicated seed for Bitcoin Cash by clicking on [Split]

then import keys into your bitcoin cash wallet.

bobq

Activity: 1148
Merit: 307

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 10:58:21 AM

How do I claim my BCC in the view that my BTCs at the moment of the fork were on an Electrum MULTISIG wallet? (address starting with number 3). I have tried it the common way but it doesn't work. Anyone having successfully managed it?

BitcoinReseller (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 01:45:04 PM

How do I claim my BCC in the view that my BTCs at the moment of the fork were on an Electrum MULTISIG wallet? (address starting with number 3). I have tried it the common way but it doesn't work. Anyone having successfully managed it?

address should starts with number 1 or 5, or with letters L or K

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: