Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:18:50 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Claim Your Bitcoin Cash Balance and Exchange into Bitcoins  (Read 21115 times)
bobq

Activity: 1148
Merit: 307

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:03:02 AM

How do I claim my BCC in the view that my BTCs at the moment of the fork were on an Electrum MULTISIG wallet? (address starting with number 3). I have tried it the common way but it doesn't work. Anyone having successfully managed it?

address should starts with number 1 or 5, or with letters L or K

Well, my address starts with number 3, probably because it is a 1of3 multisignature address of an Electrum wallet. So not clear what to do now.

BitcoinReseller (OP)

Activity: 386
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:06:17 AM

How do I claim my BCC in the view that my BTCs at the moment of the fork were on an Electrum MULTISIG wallet? (address starting with number 3). I have tried it the common way but it doesn't work. Anyone having successfully managed it?

address should starts with number 1 or 5, or with letters L or K

Well, my address starts with number 3, probably because it is a 1of3 multisignature address of an Electrum wallet. So not clear what to do now.

-Electrum
1) Open the menu "View" and click on "Show Addresses"
2) Then open the new tab "Addresses"
3) Ritgh click on the addresses that had Bitcoin before the fork, then click "Private key".
4) Click on the qrcode icon to show it.
5) Sweep keys into your Bitcoin Cash wallet.

▓▓▓ ➤ Start Your Bitcoin Site ▓▓▓ ▓▓▓ ➤ Best Bitcoin Paying Sites ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
eticxe

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:20:34 AM

thanks for the post. I am trying since days to claim my existing BCH which are still sit in my pre-fork Electron Wallet via ElectronCash 2.9.4. However, whatever I do (import my old private keys or the seed of the pre-fork wallet) nothing helps and i cannot retrieve the Bitcoin Cash coins into Electron. I know that they are there though since I checked the status via blockchair.com and entered my old wallet address...there I can see that the BCH's are there still.. what can I do or what do I do wrong? Please help!!
BitcoinReseller (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:35:01 AM

thanks for the post. I am trying since days to claim my existing BCH which are still sit in my pre-fork Electron Wallet via ElectronCash 2.9.4. However, whatever I do (import my old private keys or the seed of the pre-fork wallet) nothing helps and i cannot retrieve the Bitcoin Cash coins into Electron. I know that they are there though since I checked the status via blockchair.com and entered my old wallet address...there I can see that the BCH's are there still.. what can I do or what do I do wrong? Please help!!

make sure you're using Electron Cash wallet (for Bitcoin Cash), because Electrum released many similar wallets for Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Bitcoin Cash, ..etc
it should works fine if you follow this tutorial correctly.

▓▓▓ ➤ Start Your Bitcoin Site ▓▓▓ ▓▓▓ ➤ Best Bitcoin Paying Sites ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
eticxe

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:43:33 AM

make sure you're using Electron Cash wallet (for Bitcoin Cash), because Electrum released many similar wallets for Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Bitcoin Cash, ..etc

thanks. I am using Electron Cash 2.9.4. version (just released 3 days ago) and following exactly all the steps in this tutorial. But it shows zero balance...I don't know what to do anymore. Who can help with such an issue?
BitcoinReseller (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:47:42 AM

thanks. I am using Electron Cash 2.9.4. version (just released 3 days ago) and following exactly all the steps in this tutorial. But it shows zero balance...I don't know what to do anymore. Who can help with such an issue?

i used Electron Cash 2.9.2 in my tutorial. maybe you can try again with old Electron Cash 2.9.2 version you can get it from here :
http://1ink.cc/ByCz

or you may try to use another wallet, other than Electron Cash, i guess you can find more wallets supporting Bitcoin Cash.

spectrem1

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 10:54:18 AM
Last edit: November 15, 2017, 11:09:28 AM by spectrem1

Greetings
I followed the instructions to the letter and I had success with the process without issue but I am having a hard time understanding the transaction to my exchange. After the "sweep" I had a little over 41 coins in my electron cash wallet. I sent them to BITTREX. My account at BITTREX confirms the transaction as a deposit but I have been credited 0.041 BCC Not the 41. I sent. I seem to be having trouble with the math...

*** Checking my wallet it seems the sweep provided mBch coins - What the heck?

Chance favors the prepared mind -Louis Pasteur
fiorostea

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 05:20:43 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2017, 05:48:21 PM by fiorostea

Hi - I read the instructions for claiming BCH via Electrum Cash.  I was wondering if I can claim my BCH using Bitcoin ABC?  I read on another forum that you simply needed to download Bitcoin ABC, synch the forked chain, then copy over the wallet.dat file, replacing the empty one from the fresh Bitcoin ABC install.  I did that - and I can see old BTC transactions in the history, but my BCC balance is zero - which doesn't make any sense, as I never claimed the BCH - I only swept the BTC from that wallet.  Anyone know what I could be doing wrong?  I definitely have the BCH - again, I never took it.

Edit: While I wait for someone to reply, I thought I'd give Electrum Cash a shot. So I went into my Bitcoin ABC client to 'dumpwallet' my private keys (so I can then sweep them into Electrum), yet it doesn't work - I get errors.  I tried dumpprivkey and that doesn't work either.  It's incredibly odd that my BCC balance shows as zero, it doesn't make any sense.  The transaction history shows the old BTC (which I entirely swept out - but I should still have the BCH, as I never claimed it), but somehow the BCH isn't showing. What gives?  How do I get my money?
BitcoinReseller (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 06:32:31 PM

Hi - I read the instructions for claiming BCH via Electrum Cash.  I was wondering if I can claim my BCH using Bitcoin ABC?  I read on another forum that you simply needed to download Bitcoin ABC, synch the forked chain, then copy over the wallet.dat file, replacing the empty one from the fresh Bitcoin ABC install.  I did that - and I can see old BTC transactions in the history, but my BCC balance is zero - which doesn't make any sense, as I never claimed the BCH - I only swept the BTC from that wallet.  Anyone know what I could be doing wrong?  I definitely have the BCH - again, I never took it.

Edit: While I wait for someone to reply, I thought I'd give Electrum Cash a shot. So I went into my Bitcoin ABC client to 'dumpwallet' my private keys (so I can then sweep them into Electrum), yet it doesn't work - I get errors.  I tried dumpprivkey and that doesn't work either.  It's incredibly odd that my BCC balance shows as zero, it doesn't make any sense.  The transaction history shows the old BTC (which I entirely swept out - but I should still have the BCH, as I never claimed it), but somehow the BCH isn't showing. What gives?  How do I get my money?

first make sure that your wallet includes bitcoin cash balance.
you can use this site to check your bitcoin cash address :
https://blockchair.com

if you follow steps correctly you should be able to claim all your bitcoin cash balance and sell into bitcoins Wink

fiorostea

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 09:22:16 PM

if you follow steps correctly you should be able to claim all your bitcoin cash balance and sell into bitcoins Wink

Ok, so here's my problem with that - I don't know which address it is. I had tons, and tons of addresses back in the early days when I was experimenting with bitcoin.  So what I first tried to do is do a 'dumpwallet' in the console of Bitcoin ABC (or Core), in order to grab the whole thing, which I would've then tried to import into something else (such as Electron Cash).  However the error I get in the console is "Cannot open wallet dump file (code -8)"   I can't find out the meaning of this.. do you have any idea?

Also, if there is absolutely no way to just export the whole wallet - what's the most efficient way of finding out which address has the BCH?  The addresses in my Bitcoin client are where exactly?  There are "sending" and receiving ones, which ones would I want?  I truly appreciate the help...!
HiBorn

Activity: 87

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:52:10 AM

[/quote]

when checking blockchair.com, am I looking for an addresses which has some amount of BCH under "Total unspent (balance)"?
If so, should that address have any unspent amount of BCH or am I looking for an address which should show the correct value held in bitcoin before the split?

I think few of us are on the same issue, hopefully we can solve it.  Didn't know each "Receive with" address in bitcoin qt is associated with a different private key, so just used an addresses that had Bitcoin before the fork.  But didn't work in electron cash after the sweep and checking that address on blockchair shows zero balance for Total unspent (balance).  
BitcoinReseller (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 06:39:32 PM

when checking blockchair.com, am I looking for an addresses which has some amount of BCH under "Total unspent (balance)"?
If so, should that address have any unspent amount of BCH or am I looking for an address which should show the correct value held in bitcoin before the split?

I think few of us are on the same issue, hopefully we can solve it.  Didn't know each "Receive with" address in bitcoin qt is associated with a different private key, so just used an addresses that had Bitcoin before the fork.  But didn't work in electron cash after the sweep and checking that address on blockchair shows zero balance for Total unspent (balance). 

are you sure you're sweeping private key for your balanced wallet address?
there is something called Address And Compressed Address maybe you sweep Address but you should sweep Compressed Address.

you can use this site to get Compressed address from your normal address :
https://www.bitaddress.org
wallet details > enter private key > view details.

you will get 2 private keys, one is your and other is new. try to sweep the new one.

first, make sure to send bitcoin into new protected wallet before sharing private key for your old wallet.

if still not working, try old Electron Cash 2.9.2 version, download link is attached on main post.

Good luck!

Deena

Activity: 238
Merit: 49

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 06:53:04 PM

I forgot about claiming my BCH untill I found this topic. It made my day. Thank you.
BitcoinReseller (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 11:48:51 AM

I forgot about claiming my BCH untill I found this topic. It made my day. Thank you.

good luck, hope you send me some donation after claiming your bitcoin cash.

Deena

Activity: 238
Merit: 49

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 04:02:40 PM

Who knows? A lot of good advice is given on this forum. And some are donated only red points for it... But that's another story.

The good news is that the claiming was dead simple and that at least I am now able to donate BCH.  Smiley
BitcoinReseller (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 07:22:32 AM

Who knows? A lot of good advice is given on this forum. And some are donated only red points for it... But that's another story.

The good news is that the claiming was dead simple and that at least I am now able to donate BCH.  Smiley

thanks for your kind words.

matsusomoto

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 07:25:47 AM

Thanks for the guide if i would want to claim my BCH i will claim it,sadly i am not interested but great information.

BitcoinReseller (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:53:18 AM

Thanks for the guide if i would want to claim my BCH i will claim it,sadly i am not interested but great information.

most welcome!

cryptoblokes

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 09:57:48 PM

thanks for sharing this tutorial.
BitcoinReseller (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:04:44 AM

thanks for sharing this tutorial.

any donation is welcome!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: