Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:32:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 [355] 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 ... 616 »
  Print  
Author Topic: UTRUST  (Read 313895 times)
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 11:37:38 AM

More red flags, unfortunately. See that big "regulated by FINMA" logo on their site?
https://utrust.io
Of course they're "regulated" by the FINMA, because they're active in Switzerland.
Their presentation suggests that they're actively working with them though.
Well, now I contacted the FINMA, and while their reply wasn't 100% conclusive, they literally said that "UTRUST doesn't have a direct FINMA authorisation for activities in the financial sector and are not a member of the SRO*" and that they will investigate this. Their complete reply actually sounds like they didn't hear about UTRUST until today.
If you don't believe me, feel free to contact them yourselves: https://www.finma.ch/en/news/2017/09/20170929-mm-ico/
I got a reply from fintech@finma.ch, so you might as well use that address. Please remember that you're dealing with a major financial regulation authority here, so try not to sound like you're a mad 14yo if you do.
While it's possible that they didn't get in contact with the FINMA yet because they're not yet doing active business in the financial sector, you'd expect them to have clearance for the ICO ahead of its start. And like somebody else already said, no matter if it's a positive signal for investors, I'm pretty sure you can't just change the conditions of the capital raising procedure at will while it's already running.
Possibly the case officer just didn't have the information required yet, or there's some other valid explanation. Until there's a clear statement on this, this is a major red flag for me though.
At least this is very dishonest marketing. But we already know they're paying people to shill in this thread and all over social media, so I wouldn't really be surprised.

* https://www.finma.ch/en/authorisation/self-regulatory-organisations-sros/

Thanks for your research! If this is true, it would not be good for UTrush reputation and I will be looking forward to the reply of Utrust representative on this

Thank you for the information. Conflict with authorities is never good, especially in current circumstances. Hope UTrust will comment on the situation as soon as possible.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
defender77

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 11:50:41 AM

Hi. Will you develop your own payment gateway or will you take the existing one and terminate its development?
the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 11:52:13 AM

Why is there a figure of 500 million on the meter? The tokens for the UTRUST team and the bounty tokens are also on sale?

They announced that 50 million tokens for the Utrust team is now on sales, but I am not sure about the bounty tokens

The 500 million tokens on the meter are not only ICO tokens. The bounty tokens (50 millions) , the private investor tokens (100 million), the UTrust tokens (before 100 million, now 50 millions) and the pre-ICO tokens (50 millions) are part of the 500 million tokens that will be distributed. So for the ICO itself the max tokens that can be bought are 250 million.
Thank you for the clarification! I thought that all 500,000,000 tokens for sale.

It's better this way. it's more scarce so it should increase it's value

clixcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:13:30 PM

Hi. Will you develop your own payment gateway or will you take the existing one and terminate its development?

https://utrust.io/

You can find the all details from official website they have plan to establish a new payment platform like Pyapl. There is comparison chart available there and other some important links also listed there.
flipmeister

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:14:59 PM

More red flags, unfortunately. See that big "regulated by FINMA" logo on their site?
Of course they're "regulated" by the FINMA, because they're active in Switzerland.
Well, now I contacted the FINMA, and while their reply wasn't 100% conclusive, they literally said that "UTRUST doesn't have a direct FINMA authorisation for activities in the financial sector and are not a member of the SRO*" and that they will investigate this. Their complete reply actually sounds like they didn't hear about UTRUST until today.
If you don't believe me, feel free to contact them yourselves: https://www.finma.ch/en/news/2017/09/20170929-mm-ico/
I got a reply from fintech@finma.ch, so you might as well use that address. Please remember that you're dealing with a major financial regulation authority here, so try not to sound like you're a mad 14yo if you do.
While it's possible that they didn't get in contact with the FINMA yet because they're not yet doing active business in the financial sector, you'd expect them to have clearance for the ICO ahead of its start. And like somebody else already said, no matter if it's a positive signal for investors, I'm pretty sure you can't just change the conditions of the capital raising procedure at will while it's already running.
Possibly the case officer just didn't have the information required yet, or there's some other valid explanation. Until there's a clear statement on this, this is a major red flag for me though.
At least this is very dishonest marketing. But we already know they're paying people to shill in this thread and all over social media, so I wouldn't really be surprised.

Thanks for your research! If this is true, it would not be good for UTrush reputation and I will be looking forward to the reply of Utrust representative on this

Thank you for the information. Conflict with authorities is never good, especially in current circumstances. Hope UTrust will comment on the situation as soon as possible.

"Of course they're "regulated" by the FINMA, because they're active in Switzerland."
And that's all...
They don't say we are actively working with... or in a partnership with...
So it's ok. They follow the FINMA rules and that's why they are regulated by...
Elkmar

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:43:38 PM

Bitcoin is taking huge blows, we will see how it will impact the markets, I hope alts will keep rising and it will benefit ICOs.
SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:52:26 PM

"Of course they're "regulated" by the FINMA, because they're active in Switzerland."
And that's all...
They don't say we are actively working with... or in a partnership with...
So it's ok. They follow the FINMA rules and that's why they are regulated by...

still there should be a statement incoming from the devs regarding this, otherwise it is really a major league red flag in my eyes.

i really hope that it is not so.
Kakumei (OP)

Activity: 210

UTRUST Community Manager

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:16:43 PM

FINMA make the rules and we follow and therefore we are - as you say - regulated by them. We have KYC & AML in place and comply with all the current regulations laid upon us by them. More importantly, we have never stated anywhere that are partners or have any kind of partnership with them, so please stay true to the facts here.

This is not difficult to explain. Many ICOs that are located in Switzerland don't do KYC&AML and are not compliant to FINMA's regulations and therefore act in non-compliant manners. What this means for them in the future is anybody´s best guess.

Another hint is that Filipe is going to represent UTRUST in a conference in Switzerland very soon.

See the companies that are going there:
http://forums.theasianbanker.com/switzerland-wealth-innovation-tour/speakers

Regarding being registered as a financial payment provider or authority: Of course we are not yet, these registrations come hand in hand with large amounts that need to be paid and we are still in the fundraising stage at this point.

Hope this helps!
Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:19:30 PM

I think Utrust is a good project, I’m not so afraid but I can be wrong. The project is really disruptive and has a huge potential, I think Utrust has big change to have an incredible value a day.
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:20:12 PM

FINMA make the rules and we follow and therefore we are - as you say - regulated by them. We have KYC & AML in place and comply with all the current regulations laid upon us by them. More importantly, we have never stated anywhere that are partners or have any kind of partnership with them, so please stay true to the facts here.

This is not difficult to explain. Many ICOs that are located in Switzerland don't do KYC&AML and are not compliant to FINMA's regulations and therefore act in non-compliant manners. What this means for them in the future is anybody´s best guess.

Another hint is that Filipe is going to represent UTRUST in a conference in Switzerland very soon.

Regarding being registered as a financial payment provider or authority: Of course we are not yet, these registrations come hand in hand with large amounts that need to be paid and we are still in the fundraising stage at this point.

Hope this helps!

This helps a lot, thank you for the clarification!

Jay2408

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:37:19 PM

Hope this helps!

Thanks a lot for your quick clarification! I think with taking part in such events and the general visibility of UTRUST they wouldn't stay long below the radar of Swiss authorities if they don't comply with all the regulations.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
mrsaint

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:45:41 PM

Wrong. You tell people to stay true to the facts while you are the one who is deciving investors by spreading incorrect information. See Finma regarding the "Regulatory treatment of initial coin offerings":

https://www.finma.ch/en/~/media/finma/dokumente/dokumentencenter/myfinma/4dokumentation/finma-aufsichtsmitteilungen/20170929-finma-aufsichtsmitteilung-04-2017.pdf?la=en

Under 2. Regulation:

ICOs are currently not governed by any specific regulation, either globally or in Switzerland.

and

Owing to the wide variety in structure of ICO models, FINMA can only carry out a conclusive regulatory assessment in specific cases.

Are you saying utrust is such a specific case and that FINMA carried out a conclusive regulatory assessment about utrust? Isn't it strange than that nobody of Finma, when contacted, was aware of you or your ICO? I am not surprised either, given that your company was just registered about a week ago. I wonder... under what company umbrella did you raise money during the pre-ICO? Can you please answer this.

Oh, and you think you're better than them? Again, you are talking about "FINMA's regulations" even though there are clearly NO REGULATIONS in regard to ICOs given by FINMA or anyone else at that point.

Please help me out: When I bought tokens during the pre-ICO, from whom did I purchased those tokens? What was the company and where was it registered? And more importantly, what happens now with my tokens since the ICO is under a different company under different terms and conditions that I did not agree on during the pre-ICO.

Uh? What does him doing some networking at some Fintech event have to do with Finma?
block.chainer

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:48:48 PM

i'm new here

I bought some Utrus tokens and created an account at HITBTC. What should I do now?

just waiting untill the ico finisched?  What happens with my tokens after the ICO, and how can I sell them? please somebody can explain to me?
lobat999

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:50:14 PM

Hope this helps!

Thanks a lot for your quick clarification! I think with taking part in such events and the general visibility of UTRUST they wouldn't stay long below the radar of Swiss authorities if they don't comply with all the regulations.

This clarification would certainly erase doubts about the project and will surely instill trust from investors. Imho.
cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:50:58 PM

Hope this helps!

Thanks for clarifying this so fast! I love that you guys are this active here Smiley

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
bitcoinbulk

Activity: 280

Ternion | Hybrid Crypto Exchange with fiat gateway

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 01:52:09 PM

i'm new here

I bought some Utrus tokens and created an account at HITBTC. What should I do now?

just waiting untill the ico finisched?  What happens with my tokens after the ICO, and how can I sell them? please somebody can explain to me?

The tokens will get sent to your ETH wallet after the ICO completes. Once you get the tokens in your wallet its up to you what you want to do with them. You can hang on to them to watch the market or if you want to sell them right away you can send them over to HITBTC.

levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:08:24 PM

Hope this helps!

Thanks for clarifying this so fast! I love that you guys are this active here Smiley

Yep, in this kind of issues, a fast clarification is the best. Otherwise, fud will hurt both ico and investors.

imtiazmahmood

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:09:30 PM

Utrust hardcap going to hit on top, i think left 10%, hurry up guys Utrust going on moon. already sold out tokens 24,622,539/500,000,000. don't miss this opportunity. Utrust platform will on top for online payment processor.
cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:19:07 PM

Utrust hardcap going to hit on top, i think left 10%, hurry up guys Utrust going on moon. already sold out tokens 24,622,539/500,000,000. don't miss this opportunity. Utrust platform will on top for online payment processor.

I think you missed a 4 in front of the sold out tokens Tongue Otherwise it would be a bit disturbing Cheesy

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Basicball

Activity: 188
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:47:13 PM

2 things I would have liked to see differently:

Burning half of their own tokens hurts the bounty hunters (Unless there's a solution now? i didn't read the last few pages.),
Of course if the ico goes 50M over what it was on the previous end time, they would still get the same as they would have,
but they would still be 5% of 50M=2.5M(!) short of what they would have had if they hadn't burned those 50M.
You can easily correct this by only burning 497.5M instead of 500M.

You could also argue that there are BHs which were counting on the money to buy something, which they now can't do until a later date. I don't think there's much of a solution for this one.

It would have been better if they had increaced the price of the tokens to 7 or 7.5c when the first round ended.
this would increase token price at launch a bit, and give incentive to start trading. It's too late for this though unfortunatly.
Pages: « 1 ... 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 [355] 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 ... 616 »
  Print  

Jump to: