Bitcoin Forum
December 08, 2016, 08:18:53 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.1  [Torrent].
 
   Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: So is Mt. Gox getting DDos'd?  (Read 1370 times)
Hook^
Jr. Member
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 56


View Profile
June 21, 2011, 09:30:49 PM
 #1

Their site hasn't responded for a couple of hours now.  There is no way that even 60,000 clients logging in at once could take down a web site for hours on end.  I bet the hackers are DDosing Mt. Gox.

So if they keep doing that, how will we ever get back in?

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
1481228333
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1481228333

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1481228333
Reply with quote  #2

1481228333
Report to moderator
piuk
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 910



View Profile WWW
June 21, 2011, 09:32:34 PM
 #2

25% chance of ddos. 75% chance of incompetence.

dinker
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 102



View Profile
June 21, 2011, 09:35:03 PM
 #3

20% chance the claim server ran on a first gen ipad.

Help Me Help You Donations:
14kP6tNtrz3woESs9nEE5aDB81QTybGyyZ
Oldminer
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1022



View Profile
June 21, 2011, 09:40:15 PM
 #4

25% chance of ddos. 75% chance of noobs hitting F5.

- fixed

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
bbjansen
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 14


View Profile
June 21, 2011, 09:40:58 PM
 #5

Yes and we are the ones DDOSing it Tongue. Also it wouldn't surprise me if they are running the claim server on the first generation xBox  Roll Eyes.
DamienBlack
Jr. Member
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 56


View Profile
June 21, 2011, 09:46:09 PM
 #6

Ok, only usernames that start with A-E try for the next few hours, after that F-J.

I trade bitcoin options at https://bitoption.org/ ... Join me.
I play poker at https://betco.in/ ... Join me.
Support the bitcoin economy, what do you do?
Tips: 1NfXhiTFEdKQTdLy49s6DYAP1K7MeFWyao
dinker
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 102



View Profile
June 21, 2011, 09:48:10 PM
 #7

FFFFfffFuuUUU, why not start from Z  Roll Eyes

Help Me Help You Donations:
14kP6tNtrz3woESs9nEE5aDB81QTybGyyZ
bbjansen
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 14


View Profile
June 21, 2011, 09:49:29 PM
 #8

Ok, only usernames that start with A-E try for the next few hours, after that F-J.
Already suggested that in another thread but than by location Tongue. Just got with the timezone...
Hook^
Jr. Member
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 56


View Profile
June 21, 2011, 09:50:28 PM
 #9

Yes and we are the ones DDOSing it Tongue. Also it wouldn't surprise me if they are running the claim server on the first generation xBox  Roll Eyes.
I don't think insufficent hardware explains the server slowness.  There are only 60,000 accounts.  A P2 should be able to handle that.  They are almost certainly getting DDosed.

The hacker is retaliating for getting his heist shut down before withdrawing it maybe.
Tasty Champa
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 84


View Profile
June 21, 2011, 09:56:22 PM
 #10

probably sleeping.
bitcoinBull
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 826


rippleFanatic


View Profile
June 21, 2011, 09:56:47 PM
 #11

I think they just need to unplug their router and then plug it back in.

Some communication would be nice, but I'm still rooting for mtgox.  I have little choice until they are back up.

College of Bucking Bulls Knowledge
phelix
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1680


nmc:id/phelix


View Profile
June 21, 2011, 10:18:58 PM
 #12

Yes and we are the ones DDOSing it Tongue. Also it wouldn't surprise me if they are running the claim server on the first generation xBox  Roll Eyes.
I don't think insufficent hardware explains the server slowness.  There are only 60,000 accounts.  A P2 should be able to handle that.  They are almost certainly getting DDosed.

The hacker is retaliating for getting his heist shut down before withdrawing it maybe.


there were rumors the competition is behind it - I wonder if there is anything to it. Would probably not be so hard.

blockchained.com ■ bitcointalk top posts
Oldminer
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1022



View Profile
June 22, 2011, 01:49:17 AM
 #13

probably sleeping.

Yea Ive worked shifts before where I would get home and sleep for best part of 2 days lol

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
Pages: [1]
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!