Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:09:50 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT DO YOU THINK WILL BE THE TOP 3 COINS THIS YEAR?  (Read 3770 times)
celjc (OP)

Activity: 147
Merit: 12

The TRUTH shall set you free ;-)

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 05:38:25 PM

WHAT DO YOU THINK WILL BE THE TOP 3 COINS THIS YEAR?
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 3850

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 06:41:30 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2017, 07:09:55 AM by mjglqw

It's pretty hard to say as of now. What I'm only kinda sure of is bitcoin will still be number 1 for this year, or atleast on top 3 via coinmarketcap, since personally I think it's possible for bitcoin to be overtaken by maybe a better cryptocurrency in the future. The competitive spot would be number 2 or number 3, whereas I think the cryptocurrencies that would be fighting for that spot would be Bitcoin Cash(BCC/BCH), Monero(XMR), Ethereum(ETH), Litecoin(LTC), Dash(DASH), and IOTA. Yes. IOTA. Who knows though, a brand new cryptocurrency that isn't currently invented yet will arise maybe a year later that could steal one of the top 3 spots.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
pawanjain

Activity: 2716
Merit: 717

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 04:59:13 AM

The king will remain the king at its first place, the bitcoin. The second and third place will be the competitive ones and according to me ETH will remain at the second position as its increasing at a good speed and may remain at the second position for a long term. The third place is the most unpredictable one and nobody knows who will be at the third place. According to me the third place can be taken by BitcoinCash or Ripple or OMG. OMG is gaining a huge crowd nowadays and going high quickly.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Kaller

Activity: 752
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 05:51:53 AM

Bitcoin of course will retain the #1 spot.
Next will almost certainly be Ethereum, given how beneficial it is to the industry.
Finally, Litecoin will be 3rd given that it is still going strong and considered the "silver" of crypto.
PinkB

Activity: 256
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 08:13:38 AM

Definitely Bitcoin is in the first place, And no one coin take this place.The second place is for Ethereum and no once can bid this place also. But i cant say about third place,its to hard to say. There are a lot of crypto whose are potential in my eyes. Bitcoin cash although take place in 3rd place but it cant stay here.This place will be taken by another coin sooner.
CraigWrightBTC

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 08:21:33 AM

Bitcoins always be number one and be difficult to be replaced by other altcoins until today
Ethereum will always be number two even ethereum can be replaced by bitcoins cash
Ripple always be number three because the Banks will adopt XRP for remitance payment
They will be the top 3 coins this year check out this link https://coinmarketcap.com/
romani245

Activity: 267
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 08:29:01 AM

Fungibility is becoming a major issue. And I think if BTC-e relaunches, it'll be a big test for non-private cryptocurrencies. Will exchanges start freezing accounts with funds linked to BTC-e?

Privacy coins like XMR and Zcash could see their day in the sun, in that case...
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 09:17:33 AM

Btc and eth would most likely stay at 1 and 2 though nbr 3 would be contested steadily by a couple of alts with the addition of bcc. It's easy for us i think this year to give the top two spots to the holders last year and the third, probably betweem litecoin or bitcoin cash if it gets more acceptance, which it probably will in a couple of months

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
ry0t

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 09:36:18 AM

No one has mentioned NEO yet. NEO has the ability to take the 2nd spot no questions asked. NEO is like ethereum but programmers have even more ability to control what language they program their functions with this NEO cryptocurrency. For instance not only solidity, serpent and LLL like ethereum but also C+, java and more. It opens up lower entry points for programmers to get into using NEO has their platform of choice where as ethereum has a higher entry point. The current team at this company just held their conference at microsoft headquarters in Beijing sometime in June so they have some force behind them. In the last week alone it has jumped from $7 to $41 completely on speculation. This coin will rise to $100 or more and that is only the beginning. Yesterday I personally saw the market cap go to 2 billion dollars and just a week and a half ago it was only $7 a share.

Sorry about my bad rating, I was promoting a decentralized ponzi like token many years ago.
Addressed

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 09:51:01 AM

Bitcoin, Bitcoin and bitcoin that will be the top 3 coins not just thisnyear but for years to come more  Smiley
Immakillya

Activity: 560
Merit: 269

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 09:52:04 AM

On my list.

First is bitcoin. It's very obvious and we already reach it's new all time high as we hit $3700 hours ago and still going up. We all know what's the capability of bitcoin. The community, the massive adoption. Many countries are supporting this technology. Many believes that it can go up to $10000 a piece over time(including me).

Second is Ethereum. This is one of the most popular token next to Bitcoin. Has a huge community, and now ethereum market is getting bigger and bigger. Many believes that it could be the next big thing and will replace bitcoin as the new king of cryptoland. For now, i will just put it to second place.

And the third one is IOTA. From top 20 to top 7 at coinmarketcap. Reaching almost $2 billions of marketcap. It amaze me. In just short period of time. Look at it's achievement. Luckily i bought some miotas when the price is cheaper. Also IOTA is the biggest community on slack. This one is promising.
HeRetiK
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2106

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 10:15:06 AM

BTC and ETH will remain #1 and #2 respectively. #3 will be heavily contested. Let's look at our candidates within the current top 10:

XRP -- Should have never come as far as #3 in the first place due to its centralized issuance, so I doubt it will be able to hold its spot.

BCH -- Will remain strong, but is basically BTC with much less support, so won't reach #3 for its lack of differentiation.

NEM -- I'll be honest, I still have no idea what they are about.

LTC -- Now that the Segwit hype-cycle has come to an end, LTC will probably not have enough differentiation to claw its way up to #3.

IOTA -- Interesting concept, but I don't see IoT taking off any time soon. If anything it seems like the hype has subsided.

NEO -- Their aim to support multiple programming languages for smart contracts looks way too ambitious to be honest.

DASH -- Looked promising, but I'm not sure whether they can keep up.

ETC -- What ETH was meant to be, but will probably starve due to lack of support.

So what's left? The Segwit2x hardfork. Should a hardfork occur, 2x will likely have more support than BCH and thus could stick around at #3. We'll have an Ethereum sandwich with Bitcoin as buns.
Hui8

Activity: 602
Merit: 259

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 04:35:46 PM

For me the most trusted coins this year are : Monero, Ethereum and obvious one Bitcoin. Monero is getting stability day by day and I’m loving the way its mining difficulty is. I can easily mine it as compared to other coins and yet have profits with it due to its optimum prices. Other coins either lack the potential to mine or price is not worth it. Rest coins that is Ethereum and bitcoin are always great to invest as they are gaining the price upto 100% each month. Just love it to do that.

freeyourmind

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 05:08:38 PM

The first two are probably not going to get displaced within this year, but very possibly in the coming years as new useful coins pop up.

For #3, I think Ripple may end the year taking the #3 spot, and drop down next year.  BCH is hanging around but I'd expect it to be treated similarly to ETC and lose popularity over time.
Radoyan1188

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 05:21:15 PM

You want to know top 3 coin this year . you don't tell for short time or long time  It's so heart I think ETH best all time . then I select waves and next.
bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 05:42:06 PM

For me, BTC, ETH and LTC will be the TOP 3 coins
Gaaara

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 05:47:16 PM

Its too early to decide, there are lots of ongoing projects that looks good, there will be some changes after including it on an exchange, new coins might affect the others base on the impact on its demand. (It only applies at third place though.) Btc and Eth will still be at top of their competition whos third is too early to consider.

MOCKTAIL  -  THE  FIRST  SEMI-FUNGIBLE  TOKEN  ON  BSE 
        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER        SMART CONTRACT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN

dmamigo

Activity: 1232
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 07:51:12 PM

Bitcoin ofcourse will be on top of the ranking list. For the 2nd it will be Ethereum and 3rd positions is tough to predict, let the Q4 come and then it can be possible.
But as per the current market capitalization XRP, BCH and NEM seems to have chances of taking 3rd place. I would like to see BCH or NEM, NEM being similar to ethereum and a good one, I see chances of it.
aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 08:12:00 PM

It depends on what you are referring to. If you mean top 3 in price per coin, then it could be Bitcoin, Etherium, and either Dash or Zcash.  If you mean what 3 coins will make the best percentage increase this year it could be some of the lower priced coins. In fact, I'm starting to invest more in some of the cheaper coins that have good characteristics and good ratings. I think they could have big gains going forward.
Heartilly

Activity: 697
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 08:14:07 PM

Top 3 coins in terms of what? If price then it's not the thing here is because the important is their established volume.

It's really hard to speculate what coins will makes it impression in terms of volume as everything can be done just by hype without any speculations or basis. If you are asking this question just to have an idea on what coin you will invest then just do your own research.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: