Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 05:52:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FILECOIN, biggest ico ever!  (Read 24063 times)
albio87 (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 07:30:32 PM

https://www.coindesk.com/200-million-60-minutes-filecoin-ico-rockets-record-amid-tech-issues/

Update on filecoin. The biggest ICO ever!

I started to listen about it by Cedric Dahl oh his youtube channel. It could be one of the future leader in the crypto mcap ranking.

here is a good point of view about the ico and the potential and risk of this coin.

Now we have just to wait it on exchanges to see if it will drop a bit under the ico price as other big ICO have done  Grin Grin
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
go4crypto

Activity: 798
Merit: 263

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 07:36:29 PM

Yes, very likely the coin price after ICO will trade near or even below ICO prices for first few days.
This happens because most people who got free bounty coins cash their coins and move to next one!
marketprice

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 07:58:00 PM

This is from a very small number of participants, nowhere near tezos numbers in wallet terms. May have a future beach of those involved but its off to very rocky start. Will wait til it gets on exchanges.
ranih

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Snip - The Future of News on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2017, 08:25:09 PM

They raised only from u.s. accredited investors so it's completely different than other ICOs

pharesim

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 08:52:46 PM

It is just a new brand ico, and we all know what always happens with icos, they just booom and suddenly they dump because all the investors withdrawed their money, because they bought on pre-ico.
So if you are gonna invest in something like this, better to join at the begining, not when the big whales have left.
Gecko8

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 09:15:43 PM

does anyone know, when they are expected to be listed on any exchange?
currypto

Activity: 196
Merit: 135

Sit back, relax, eat some nachos and have a drink.

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2017, 09:32:45 PM

does anyone know, when they are expected to be listed on any exchange?

Keep in mind Filecoin is just an idea, no real product yet.

neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 10:54:41 PM

They raised only from u.s. accredited investors so it's completely different than other ICOs

An U.S based ICO? Didn't the United States claim that ICO's are securities and therefore illegal? why are they hosting it over there then?

Yes, very likely the coin price after ICO will trade near or even below ICO prices for first few days.
This happens because most people who got free bounty coins cash their coins and move to next one!

Not only this, but it's clear that the supply will be huge and there will be an initial dump due massive inflation all of a sudden, Bancor style. I always don't feel comfortable buying on ICO's that are beating previous records on money raised....
ranih

Activity: 168

Snip - The Future of News on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 02:05:08 AM

An U.S based ICO? Didn't the United States claim that ICO's are securities and therefore illegal? why are they hosting it over there then?

Yeah, they are based in San Francisco.
the SEC claimed the DAO token is a security but not tokens in general

cryptoisdafuture

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 02:27:15 AM

Can you elaborate on the DAO's are securities, but not other tokens. What is a token which is not a DAO?
craZyLovE0916

Activity: 588

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 05:57:37 AM

https://www.coindesk.com/200-million-60-minutes-filecoin-ico-rockets-record-amid-tech-issues/

I started to listen about it by Cedric Dahl oh his youtube channel. It could be one of the future leader in the crypto mcap ranking.

here is a good point of view about the ico and the potential and risk of this coin.

Now we have just to wait it on exchanges to see if it will drop a bit under the ico price as other big ICO have done  Grin Grin

Can you give a brief explanation of what Filecoin is? What is the purpose?

Of course I could research it, but for the sake of the other readers of this thread.

Most ICO end up getting dumped... what is different about this one?
neurotypical

Merit: 502

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 11:45:38 AM

Now we have just to wait it on exchanges to see if it will drop a bit under the ico price as other big ICO have done  Grin Grin

Can you give a brief explanation of what Filecoin is? What is the purpose?

Of course I could research it, but for the sake of the other readers of this thread.

Most ICO end up getting dumped... what is different about this one?

"Filecoin is a data storage network backed by an application token."

I don't see how this is any different from other attempts to make this possible such as Storj. Why is this getting so much attention if we already have similar solutions? It sure has a catch, otherwise I don't see how this broke a record of the most sold out ICO ever. Where is the innovation at? because if there is no innovation, this must be a marketing job going on..
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 01:28:19 PM

It does look like it will have a huge price drop once it hits exchanges. The phrase "biggest ICO ever" just rings alarm bells with me these days.
eckmar
Legendary

Activity: 1878
Merit: 1038

Telegram: https://t.me/eckmar

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 01:49:36 PM

It does look like it will have a huge price drop once it hits exchanges. The phrase "biggest ICO ever" just rings alarm bells with me these days.

Totally agree with you. Don't believe ICOs because you can use just your fingers to count the successful ones. Even after ICO ends this coin will probably be in development for years
berrygood

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 01:54:09 PM

I think buy wall should be placed by the team, if not buy in the ico stage is not profitable at all. Happy for project and team but sad for investors.

Gecko8

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 03:12:27 PM

Some update on Filecoin. I have contacted them to better understand their overall timeline and roadmap. This is what I got as a response:
They don't have any information right now when Filecoin will be available on exchanges.

Currently they are working on making sure the sale goes as smooth as possible. Then they will try to launch the network in 6-12 months (Note: timeframe could change at any point).

Once the network has launched, they expect Filecoin to be available on exchanges.

So it seems, it still will take some time till it will going further and accessable for those, which had no chance to participate on the ICO. I will put myself a reminder in my calendar. Overall I guess it is going to be an interesting project.

seattletu

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 02:26:04 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2017, 02:36:36 PM by seattletu

Now a days Initial coin offerings are crazy. Regardless, disregarding all the intensity and status from the dominant part to put their money into crypto world, it shows up it remains as unsafe a meander as ever – and Filecoin has given us altogether more logic to scrutinize the ICO waves
Sowik

Activity: 532
Merit: 327

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 02:43:40 PM

I think they didnt have bounty campaign but I don't think there'll be much demand for it so yeah, we might see it under ICO price once it comes out.
Amalker

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 03:13:30 PM

It's too big money amount for any ICO. And I think Filecoin project will be in developing stage for a long time.
phr0stbyt3

Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 03:54:15 PM

I hate ico now i planned to invest in my very first ico but it turned out to be a scam about this filecoin more the money raised is good for the company but i don't like this for investors if they raised 200 million when it get's listed on exchanges the price will be easily fall not sure if this is how it works but i feel it's risky to get profit from these type of ico
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: