Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:25:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So where exactly are we in the bubble?  (Read 5122 times)
thecodebear

Activity: 2100
Merit: 813

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 07:04:31 PM

you must unlearn what you have learned.

Do not try and predict the bubble. That's impossible. Instead only realize the truth... There is no bubble. Then you will see it is not the bubble that pops, it is yourself.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 09:15:17 PM

Do not try and predict the bubble. That's impossible. Instead only realize the truth... There is no bubble. Then you will see it is not the bubble that pops, it is yourself.

There may or may not be a bubble. It may burst, or the price might retrace to its earlier levels. In the end, if you have confidence in the long term potential of Bitcoin, it is only going to rise up.

d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 6146

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 09:32:10 PM

I think we are in a bubble. That nearly all of the participants of this discussion are denying it is a clear sign that it is already in a very advanced stage (Delusion or even New Paradigm). And don't forget we are in a bull market since $135 in late 2014!

Yes, part of the growth is "justified" because of some (limited) real-world adoption and also the Segwit introduction that opens the door to a better scaling. But if it really will allow mass adoption is still speculation. Nobody knows if Lightning will work as expected (My opinion is that it will work, but it won't be the main payment method outside of micropayments).

That does not mean that the bubble cannot go on a bit more. Perhaps we'll see $5000 crossed, or even $6000. But one has to be careful. I expect a major correction or crash before the November fork.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
bitcoindusts

Activity: 1050
Merit: 269

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 09:41:16 PM

I think we are in a bubble. That nearly all of the participants of this discussion are denying it is a clear sign that it is already in a very advanced stage (Delusion or even New Paradigm). And don't forget we are in a bull market since $135 in late 2014!

Yes, part of the growth is "justified" because of some (limited) real-world adoption and also the Segwit introduction that opens the door to a better scaling. But if it really will allow mass adoption is still speculation. Nobody knows if Lightning will work as expected (My opinion is that it will work, but it won't be the main payment method outside of micropayments).

That does not mean that the bubble cannot go on a bit more. Perhaps we'll see $5000 crossed, or even $6000. But one has to be careful. I expect a major correction or crash before the November fork.

I agree that we are in a bubble but so far we are in the start of the bubble. Weighing the develpment, adoption and the increase ofBitcoin.  The sudden increase in price this past months is quite steep and I can say the hype given by the announcementof the implementation of Bitcoin development that result in fork is quite high making bitcoin price to double or even triple in price.  This is just the beginning of a bubble, and the peak is way far from here.
thecodebear

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 09:59:12 PM

But you are talking about a temporary bubble. Who cares about those. The bubble popped back in June and looky here we are back way above the June ATH. Bitcoin may or my not be in a bubble if you're talking about the next month or two, sure it might drop back down before heading northward again to break new ground, but who really cares when a few months later the current bubble high will look tiny in comparison to where it is at then? True bubbles form when something has reached its full global audience and they get overly excited and then it pops, bitcoin is maybe 1% of the way there...maybe! So I really don't get the crazy constant talk about bubbles. Does the short term bubble really matter when 3 months after the pop that bubble high looks tiny to the current price? Did the June bubble pop matter in the long run? of course not, will the next? nope. the one after that? nope. and so on.

When the price is moving $10k per week upwards, then you can talk about a bubble.
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 6146

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 11:32:57 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2017, 11:49:54 PM by d5000

But you are talking about a temporary bubble.

Bubbles are temporary. They are normal phenomenons in the price evolution of an asset, when euphoria (about news or about the price evolution itself) lets "overheat" the price.

You are obviously right that nobody would care if this bubble only lasted for 3 months. But in my opinion it is well possible that we are near a high that will last for a year or even more.

We are in a bull market since late 2014. The last "leg" (from the last dip down to 1800 until now) has all characteristics of an Elliot 5 wave, there are only small corrections, the price is increasing very fast and has already more than doubled. In part it is justified, as I said, because of the Segwit adoption. But keep in mind that almost nothing has changed in terms of real-world adoption since 2016, and part of the Segwit speculation started already in the 1000-2000 $ area.

In terms of real world adoption Bitcoin is still a minor "currency", so its price is based 90% on speculation on what could occur in the future.

PS: I think Bitcoin will surpass $10.000 eventually, and maybe even $20.000, but not this year and probably also not in 2018.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 11:42:50 PM

No bubble, will only rise from here until all of us are in our graves.
(only buy what you can afford to lose).
thecodebear

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 02:30:42 PM

But you are talking about a temporary bubble.

Bubbles are temporary. They are normal phenomenons in the price evolution of an asset, when euphoria (about news or about the price evolution itself) lets "overheat" the price.

You are obviously right that nobody would care if this bubble only lasted for 3 months. But in my opinion it is well possible that we are near a high that will last for a year or even more.

We are in a bull market since late 2014. The last "leg" (from the last dip down to 1800 until now) has all characteristics of an Elliot 5 wave, there are only small corrections, the price is increasing very fast and has already more than doubled. In part it is justified, as I said, because of the Segwit adoption. But keep in mind that almost nothing has changed in terms of real-world adoption since 2016, and part of the Segwit speculation started already in the 1000-2000 $ area.

In terms of real world adoption Bitcoin is still a minor "currency", so its price is based 90% on speculation on what could occur in the future.

PS: I think Bitcoin will surpass $10.000 eventually, and maybe even $20.000, but not this year and probably also not in 2018.

Yes all bubbles are temporary, but by temporary, as you say, I'm talking about a few months. The only bitcoin bubble whose crash lasted for more than a few months was from Mt Gox dying. That was the most catastrophic thing to happen to bitcoin, so unless you think a similar event is going to happen soon, what you are predicting is extremely unlikely. Without a catastrophic catalyst like that, we're probably not gonna have any bubble pops that last for more than a few months. The buy pressure and increasing userbase/adoption is just too damn strong to possibly allow a down period of a year or more.

I wouldn't even call this a bubble at all. Look at past bitcoin bubbles. The price increased 10-fold or 30-fold or whatever in a couple of months. This has been a gradual increase, up 10-fold in over a year, not in two months. That suggests steady solid growth, not a frenzy induced bubble that will pop.
Chrismeister

Activity: 465
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 05:52:08 PM

There is not really a bubble if there is natural growth, and although it seems that bitcoin is growing a bit faster then expected, I still see this as a natural growth.
Although a minor correction is to be expected.
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 07:53:02 PM

I know y'all have seen this diagram before, and with BTC just crossing $3,800 as I type, where do you think we are in the bubble?

Aw man so cuz I'm a noob it won't post the image... Oh well. Its basically that "main stages of a bubble" chart. Which crypto most definitely is in. But are we just beginning the true ascent, or have we reached the peak? Thoughts?

Personally i have a feeling that we are in the bull trap area right now.

Either way, we are somewhere in the mania stages, or close to it. I don't think that there is any way that this isn't considered to be a mania when the price has risen by 1000%. There is simply no reason for the rise, or at least to fully justify such a big spike. WITH Bitcoin Cash going up, as well.

Wouldn't be surprised at all when at the end of the year people start panicking and overselling. This is when cheap coins is to be bought. Don't become too greedy and keep buying even though it is clear the bubble may collapse at any time.
There is not an explanation for the rise in price but I think the simplest explanation that we can speculate is that people have decided to put even more money on bitcoin, thinking that in the future this investment is going to become even more valuable than it is now.
Ultegra134

Activity: 1554
Merit: 744

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 12:13:32 AM

Indeed, a really nice point you are showing right here. Although, I don't think Bitcoin's price chart can be explained by the specific graph.

Bitcoin had a few recent pumps, but also a few dump periods. The price fluctuated a lot when it was in its
$3000's, dumping back to $2000s and then recovering to $2500~. It took some time to recover back to $3000 and then start pumping again, although it had a few price stabilizations during that period. For example, it's been around two weeks now that the price is in low $4000's.

However, the recent price pumps have got me worried, makes me reconsider if I should keep saving on BTC or not, since the price may fall.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 02:28:19 AM

you must unlearn what you have learned. Do not try and predict the bubble. That's impossible. Instead only realize the truth... There is no bubble. Then you will see it is not the bubble that pops, it is yourself.

I find this a little bit funny...maybe soon we would realize that bubble is not really happening because in fact we are the bubbles flying around the corner looking for something which we should not be looking in the first place.

Some analyst would love to compare the tulip bulb mania bubble that happened centuries ago with what is happening right now in Bitcoin. But the question is: Is the comparison fair enough? Or are they just using that history because it happened anyway without looking at the factors and features of both sides.

However, it is always good to be forewarned so in case history would really repeat itself then we are already prepared...and as always be wise with the things you are investing your money with.
feelideb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

fLibero.financial

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 02:44:56 AM

No bubble here my friend. Every time media scream bubble bitcoin always reaches a new height

nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 03:17:18 PM

2010, 2011, 2013 (twice), now...

Bitcoin is almost certainly in a bubble, a short-term one. I think we may be flirting with the Greed phase, but who knows?

Long term, I'm still very bullish - we may still be at "smart money" or the "lunatic fringe" as Andreas Antonopoulos would phrase it, so eloquently the way he does.

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
Similificator

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 03:41:41 PM

I know y'all have seen this diagram before, and with BTC just crossing $3,800 as I type, where do you think we are in the bubble?

Aw man so cuz I'm a noob it won't post the image... Oh well. Its basically that "main stages of a bubble" chart. Which crypto most definitely is in. But are we just beginning the true ascent, or have we reached the peak? Thoughts?

Certainly, this is not anywhere near a bubble. The prices didn't rise that high and fast plus it had several drops(corrections) along the way. And we are yet to far to reach the peak price of btc. Although this wave may get to a peak of about 4k-5500ish mark before it drops too far which can even go further as people start to panicksell. Which could also be a good time to get some butcoins for ourselves. But even i am not sure with this. But what im sure at is that the people with the strongest heart will reap great rewards in two years time.
que91

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 04:07:05 PM

No bubble here my friend. Every time media scream bubble bitcoin always reaches a new height
Maybe, you are newbie in Bitcoin market so you have that thought. If you think Bitcoin have not bubble, you are wrong and this opinion will make you loss a lot of money before you understand that. An asset grow x4 in short time why cannot call is bubble?
Sevvero

Activity: 350
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 04:38:03 PM

Of course and the bubble is bursting exactly now. Sell if you have a brain!

If you think Bitcoin have not bubble, you are wrong and this opinion will make you loss a lot of money before you understand that. An asset grow x4 in short time why cannot call is bubble?

God damn it, another Pajeet. Learn English or GTFO.
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 12:17:19 AM

Gonna pop soon, better dump and run.
sebastianpenguen

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 01:02:58 AM

Maybe, you are newbie in Bitcoin market so you have that thought. If you think Bitcoin have not bubble, you are wrong and this opinion will make you loss a lot of money before you understand that. An asset grow x4 in short time why cannot call is bubble?

Twitter and apple shares on american stock exchanges also made huge multiplier runs. So are Apple and Twitter scams too?

Or if crude oil price makes 4x this year, will you also thing crude oil is not real and it's a scam?

I see very interesting comments in the forum last weeks.
hello_good_sir

Activity: 1008
Merit: 531

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 01:49:52 AM

That's BS. Over 1000% of profits in a year and yet this is not a bubble?

Plus, this is what everyone says when there is a bubble. Everyone is over-optimistic and seems to have no logical thinking skills whatsoever. There are people out there predicting $7k+ for this month, which i believe in absurd. It could happen, but then the bubble just got bigger.

If bitcoin actually improved 10x as a currency and functioned better, as well as getting more users then sure, this 1000% rise isn't a bubble. But it probably hasn't even doubled its attributes or user base since last year.

I think that we are in the mania phase already judging from how the price is going atm.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: