Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:57:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So where exactly are we in the bubble?  (Read 5122 times)
arbitrage001
Legendary

Activity: 1067
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 10:53:22 AM

I know y'all have seen this diagram before, and with BTC just crossing $3,800 as I type, where do you think we are in the bubble?

Aw man so cuz I'm a noob it won't post the image... Oh well. Its basically that "main stages of a bubble" chart. Which crypto most definitely is in. But are we just beginning the true ascent, or have we reached the peak? Thoughts?

We are still in early stage of media attention.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 10:56:58 AM

It doesn't look alike what you are imagining in your mind because unless we see $5000 broken, I will never even think of a bubble being set up.
The prices tend to break $3600 more than 2 times but they managed to get over $4200 and after that, SegWit activated. Do you really think we have no causes to be at this crazy level?
lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 01:36:36 PM

It doesn't look alike what you are imagining in your mind because unless we see $5000 broken, I will never even think of a bubble being set up.
The prices tend to break $3600 more than 2 times but they managed to get over $4200 and after that, SegWit activated. Do you really think we have no causes to be at this crazy level?

It doesn't matter if there's enough reason for the price to be at this level, if it''s overpriced, it's gonna correct itself. That is what we should prepare for  IMO.

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
mackenzied

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 01:40:23 PM

It doesn't matter if there's enough reason for the price to be at this level, if it''s overpriced, it's gonna correct itself. That is what we should prepare for  IMO.

In fact, high value will pose more risk. However, with bitcoin which is really stable, there is not any danger of it being high value, even, it also makes the jump for many other altcoin.

Basmic

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 04:05:42 PM

In fact, high value will pose more risk. However, with bitcoin which is really stable, there is not any danger of it being high value, even, it also makes the jump for many other altcoin.
Bitcoin is No. 1 in the market of crypto currencies. It really has an impact on the price of all crypto currencies, but this does not mean that it can't be a bubble. The higher the price of the coins the greater the probability that the bubble bursts.
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 03:25:26 AM

Do you see many institutional investors in Bitcoin at this time? Are pension funds including Bitcoin in their portfolios? I have exposure to this information at my job and can assure you they are not.

Based on this I would say that we are still in the stealth phase, possibly moving into the awareness phase.

That's great info to know bro. I feel the same in people around me. Most do not want to know much about bitcoin, but they have heard about it already. If this graph is going to be true... the big raise is much yet to come.

Unless people are living under a rock they have heard about bitcoin at lest once, bitcoin is on many place, it is on the news like the last time that ransomware blocked many computers and it is even on the financial news where analysts give their opinion about bitcoin, the only thing we are missing is adoption.
nightrider

Activity: 348
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 04:03:09 AM

Do you see many institutional investors in Bitcoin at this time? Are pension funds including Bitcoin in their portfolios? I have exposure to this information at my job and can assure you they are not.

Based on this I would say that we are still in the stealth phase, possibly moving into the awareness phase.

That's great info to know bro. I feel the same in people around me. Most do not want to know much about bitcoin, but they have heard about it already. If this graph is going to be true... the big raise is much yet to come.

Unless people are living under a rock they have heard about bitcoin at lest once, bitcoin is on many place, it is on the news like the last time that ransomware blocked many computers and it is even on the financial news where analysts give their opinion about bitcoin, the only thing we are missing is adoption.

Ransomeware has caused a worldwide crisis, many people have said that bitcoin is the cause of the consequences, however, here, bitcoin is just a tool, it is taken advantage of. Even then, bitcoin is also trusted because of its security.

MOCKTAIL  -  THE  FIRST  SEMI-FUNGIBLE  TOKEN  ON  BSE 
        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER        SMART CONTRACT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN

hello_good_sir

Activity: 1008
Merit: 531

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 07:36:09 AM

I know y'all have seen this diagram before, and with BTC just crossing $3,800 as I type, where do you think we are in the bubble?

Aw man so cuz I'm a noob it won't post the image... Oh well. Its basically that "main stages of a bubble" chart. Which crypto most definitely is in. But are we just beginning the true ascent, or have we reached the peak? Thoughts?

Personally i have a feeling that we are in the bull trap area right now.

Either way, we are somewhere in the mania stages, or close to it. I don't think that there is any way that this isn't considered to be a mania when the price has risen by 1000%. There is simply no reason for the rise, or at least to fully justify such a big spike. WITH Bitcoin Cash going up, as well.

Wouldn't be surprised at all when at the end of the year people start panicking and overselling. This is when cheap coins is to be bought. Don't become too greedy and keep buying even though it is clear the bubble may collapse at any time.

Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 08:33:23 AM

Personally i think we are close to the delusion part. Just look at the first reply here:

This ain't no bubble bubba! This is THE train and it has left the station, get your asses in or you will have to take an expensive flight to board it again.

No kidding, when big boys like Fidelity and Charles Schwab start tracking the COIN, its game over for the little drips.

When people make comments such as this it just makes me think, how long is this bull wave going to last? The fact is that there has never been a bull wave without some sort of major adjustment following it. Bitcoin is no exception.

I think that we'll peak out at around $4900-$5100 and then drop back to $4000, go up to $4400 once again and slowly adjust our way down. As the chart shows usually people sell excessively when they panic so there could be a buying opportunity somewhere in the next year.
sasaku bitbit

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 01:56:17 PM

Bitcoin is No. 1 in the market of crypto currencies. It really has an impact on the price of all crypto currencies, but this does not mean that it can't be a bubble. The higher the price of the coins the greater the probability that the bubble bursts.

This will probably give an impact on bitcoin if we are in a bubble balloons rising prices because the price of bitcoin tend to menyampai $4200, bitcoin has not shown which we expect will be close for several more days. .. I was expecting the bitcoin can be bubbled on the $5000 at the end of the month even early september
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2145

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 07:59:03 PM

There's no actual proof that Bitcoin is in bubble, if the price is increasing quickly, it doesn't mean that it's a bubble. Bitcoin is very different from traditional investments - it's unregulated, decentralized, permissionless, started trading from near-zero prices, trades 24/7 and aims to revolutionize the whole economy. It's incorrect to use traditional analysis for predicting Bitcoin's price. And when you check past forecasts, no one is even close to making any good predictions.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
quarkyplum

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 08:19:35 PM

Actually, if you are holder Bitcoin from few years ago when the price of Bitcoin still around $2xx or $1xx, with the current price of Bitcoin, you will understand really big bubble growth in short time.
guesswhat

Activity: 125

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 08:20:27 PM

Stealth phase for sure, we haven't seen meddia effect so far. If you consider a few news about bitcoin as media effect, this is not correct. Honestly, I don't think we're in a bubble, but if we are, then the answer is stealth phase which is the first pahse of the diagram.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 10:44:55 AM

Stealth phase for sure, we haven't seen meddia effect so far. If you consider a few news about bitcoin as media effect, this is not correct. Honestly, I don't think we're in a bubble, but if we are, then the answer is stealth phase which is the first pahse of the diagram.

How exactly are we in the stealth phase?

Bitcoin is basically mentoined everywhere right now and media is only covering bitcoin stories because it generates a lot of hype and the viewers like it, and their hit rates go up. This is the definition of media generated hype, and bubble.

Sure, in the long term bitcoin is definitely still in its early stages but we're talking about this CURRENT bubble. Which IMO, is already nearing its end.

It's either in the mania phase, or in the blowoff phase. But definitely not in the stealth phase, and i think everyone agrees with that.
IamHigh

Activity: 170

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 05:05:48 PM

Bitcoin is basically mentoined everywhere right now and media is only covering bitcoin stories because it generates a lot of hype and the viewers like it, and their hit rates go up. This is the definition of media generated hype, and bubble.

Sure, in the long term bitcoin is definitely still in its early stages but we're talking about this CURRENT bubble. Which IMO, is already nearing its end.

It's either in the mania phase, or in the blowoff phase. But definitely not in the stealth phase, and i think everyone agrees with that.

I agree with you on this matter. We should be in early stages of bitcoin, but this is not the stealth phase. One guy said that big ventures are not investing in bitcoin, so we're in stealth phase, but this is not right. Several ventures alredy investing in bitcoin for years.
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 06:01:59 PM

I agree with you on this matter. We should be in early stages of bitcoin, but this is not the stealth phase. One guy said that big ventures are not investing in bitcoin, so we're in stealth phase, but this is not right. Several ventures alredy investing in bitcoin for years.
Think of it what was bitcoin before in 2009 up until now you will definitely see the huge difference of where we are now. I think the 'media attention' should not be placed before in the 'enthusiasm'. As far as i can see we are in the middle of 'mania phase and blow off phase', where the bubble will eventually starting to burst out.

drlukacs

Activity: 854
Merit: 253

l0tt0.com

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 06:05:38 PM

Ransomeware has caused a worldwide crisis, many people have said that bitcoin is the cause of the consequences, however, here, bitcoin is just a tool, it is taken advantage of. Even then, bitcoin is also trusted because of its security.
Virus Ransomeware just is a trick by rich man and whales want PR the value of Bitcoin and attractive investor on the world. You also see after this event, the price of Bitcoin increase very fast until today, because many people from user buy Bitcoin for pay to hacker become to trader.

WHIRLWIND
|
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
        ▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▄▄         █
     ▄▄██▀▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄        █A
    ▄██▀▄██▀▄▀▀▀ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄     █
   ███ ██▀▄▀     ▄▄▀▄▄ ▀█▄   █
  ███ ███ █        ▀▄ █▄ ██  █
  ███ ███ █         █ ██ ██  █
  ███ ███ █        ▄▀ █▀ ██  █
   ███ ██▄▀▄     ▀▀▄▀▀ ▄█▀   █
    ▀██▄▀██▄▀▄▄▄ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀     █
     ▀▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀        █
        ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄▀▀         █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  No Fee    Ultimate Privacy  
ANONYMITY
MINING CAMPAIGN
MIX NOW
|
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 06:45:59 PM

In my opinion, I think bitcoin is gradually growing out of the influence of bubble and burst category because its seems things are just quiet in this past few days even with the increasing price of BCH and the various news concerning how miners are dumping BTC for BCH and all other news on the contrary, bitcoin is still maintaining its position that it becomes so hard know whether its dumping or pumping.
hello_good_sir

Activity: 1008
Merit: 531

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:46:34 AM

In my opinion, I think bitcoin is gradually growing out of the influence of bubble and burst category because its seems things are just quiet in this past few days even with the increasing price of BCH and the various news concerning how miners are dumping BTC for BCH and all other news on the contrary, bitcoin is still maintaining its position that it becomes so hard know whether its dumping or pumping.

Nothing can grow out of a bubble, or at least not in history.

Unless there is some justfiable reason for such high prices then i don't think that we are out of the bubble yet. The bubble usually ends when a) there is a massive correction or b) when enough new people actually use bitcoin to make the newly found price level justifiable(less common). It is usually a combination of the two.

Has bitcoin gained any new users from this bull wave? Absolutely, that is way i think we will maintain a nice price level of around $2k-$3k even after the price correction. But we are still in a bubble right now, and it could pop any moment.

In the silence

Activity: 1289
Merit: 294

''Vincit qui se vincit''

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 12:53:16 PM

Yes, the price now is not a bubble, it is now the stable price that survive the week, i see it dump at $3900 and back again at $4300 someone is dumping and someone is buying that dip.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: