Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 08:31:38 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this Why Satoshi Left?  (Read 1189 times)
just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 01:20:38 PM

Satoshi most likely left because he didn't want to become a 'leader' of Bitcoin which is decentralized.
Had he still been here, I believe the majority of the community would follow & agree with him on everything, instead of having debates about Bitcoin's future. This isn't someone a decentralized, consensus-based currency should have.

This is a very interesting perspective but I believe that bitcoin community would not necessarily agree with everything Satoshi says. There are many educated and smart people here, they have their own opinion on things. Of course Satoshi would be highly respected in this community, but not like some unchallenged authority.
PokerFace3

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 09:41:28 PM

Satoshi most likely left because he didn't want to become a 'leader' of Bitcoin which is decentralized.
Had he still been here, I believe the majority of the community would follow & agree with him on everything, instead of having debates about Bitcoin's future. This isn't someone a decentralized, consensus-based currency should have.

This is a very interesting perspective but I believe that bitcoin community would not necessarily agree with everything Satoshi says. There are many educated and smart people here, they have their own opinion on things. Of course Satoshi would be highly respected in this community, but not like some unchallenged authority.
Satoshi has definitely provided people with a great invention. All bitcoin lovers and praise him and respect him from the core of their hearts. Satoshi should not have left everything by its own. If his reason to leave was to stay low profile, it was impossible from the very beginning or may he took everything as a drag.

Bitcoin is working well on its own and with the support of its users. Bitcoin community indeed is an intellectual one and where there are too many smart people, there are always conflicts. Everyone has his own way of thinking.
Machanto

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 10:19:50 PM

Even if satoshi stayed what do you think he had left to offer to bitcoin? He dreamt of a decentralized currency that everyone can use and its users would decide about its future, if he stayed and took a leading role in the development wouldn't you agree that he would see his dream crashing down? Every single of his move would affect BTC as people would see him as their leader, their creator and possibly for some he would be the reason they ran into money.
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 10:49:40 PM

BTC is an software we all know that but many of the people using this for such illegal activity if satoshi nakamoto improve and improve this bitcoin we possibly use this currency as an alternative money Smiley
And in what way do you think that he can possibly improve the usability of bitcoins, currently most investors are really not complaining on how bitcoins is currently being used. I believe its great the way it is even though its the safe haven for most criminals but i'd say that its one of its reason of being so valuable.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 10:56:42 PM

Even if satoshi stayed what do you think he had left to offer to bitcoin? He dreamt of a decentralized currency that everyone can use and its users would decide about its future, if he stayed and took a leading role in the development wouldn't you agree that he would see his dream crashing down? Every single of his move would affect BTC as people would see him as their leader, their creator and possibly for some he would be the reason they ran into money.

You would think the man can fly, LOL, the way folks talk about him.

Satoshi is irrelevant at this point. There, I said it. Given how democratic this thing is, its akin to the Founding Fathers writing the framers. Once they wrote it, it became a living document, subject to "version upgrades" and "new features". Bitcoin is like this, a living thing. anyone can add to it, but the community has to agree on those changes.

He had to also know he would not be able to touch his coins without burning the world down; if those coins start moving it will be a race between you and I to the exchanges Cheesy

What could he contribute at this point? despite making his intentions plain, we have suffered with a gimped product due to the politics of this. I dont think folks would listen, to be honest. which is probably the reason hes left it alone, if hes still alive. its kind of been corrupted.
Machanto

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 11:06:18 PM

You would think the man can fly, LOL, the way folks talk about him.

Satoshi is irrelevant at this point. There, I said it. Given how democratic this thing is, its akin to the Founding Fathers writing the framers. Once they wrote it, it became a living document, subject to "version upgrades" and "new features". Bitcoin is like this, a living thing. anyone can add to it, but the community has to agree on those changes.

He had to also know he would not be able to touch his coins without burning the world down; if those coins start moving it will be a race between you and I to the exchanges Cheesy

What could he contribute at this point? despite making his intentions plain, we have suffered with a gimped product due to the politics of this. I dont think folks would listen, to be honest. which is probably the reason hes left it alone, if hes still alive. its kind of been corrupted.

What if he used these coins to influence the community around bitcoin then? It wouldnt be impossible.Look at segwit. We ended with 2x because of a strong influence, and it was a compromise to some, because of that we might have a 3rd fork in November. Im not complaining or anything, but I disagree that satoshi is irrelevant at this point.
Thatstinks

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 11:15:53 PM

He started Bitcoin with a lie, who he was, no one does this that is either without social disorders, fear of judgement or ultimately has reasons the average person wouldn't have to do so....like criminal or government project etc.

While he may have ben extremely bright if it is one persona and a man he is likely also extremely odd or the "front man" to a secret operation/group.

I highly doubt if still alive he is just an average joe that lives in a modest home and has a modest job.

People don't start with a lie/false identity and go to lengths to protect it for no reason. He is not the son of a god, saviour or the most humble man in the world, why he hides and does not use his coins is not hard to figure out. He is either dead, extremely weird or a secret op.

jmo
Bitmedrano040117

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 11:20:48 PM

Up to now, most of the others opinion about why satoshi left? no one knows the exact reason, it is still a speculation and no precise aright answer about it. Just what more important is bitcoin now was one of the successful experimentation were up to now its getting more improve  because many people loved to use as well so the demand is getting higher.
CyberKuro

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 11:32:47 PM

Yeah, I do agree with the second point. Satoshi would have realized that his creation, bitcoin could be used for illegal purposes.
I don't mean that BTC being used for illegal purposes was a problem.  I doubt that satoshi would think that way knowing that cash is more anonymous.  It's about BTC becoming notorious for illegal dealings online among the public, which has unfortunately happened to some extent.

IMO it was a response to PC World's article.  Satoshi may have thought PC World associated Wikileaks too closely with BTC.
But it is also believed that after Gavin told Satoshi that he was going to CIA that he disappeared, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=113609.0
This is a similar factor related to the legality of BTC.  But if satoshi was concerned about being arrested, perhaps his concerns were unfounded considering that Gavin and other contributors were not arrested for their association to BTC (the authorities would not have a leg to stand on).  I think it's more likely that satoshi wanted a small community and slower growth at first.

Indeed, why he left? mostly to protect bitcoin if law enforcement authorities tried to pushed him to reveal/create any nodes to track or watch over bitcoin without any boundary. Or he want to protect himself from government which could sabotage someone with big vision like him as he immediately disappeared after Gavin told Satoshi about his plan.
andrew24p

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 01:08:20 AM

satoshi leaving is probably the best thing that could have happened, only thing that would have been better is if he burned his coins. I think if he/she still is alive/ didnt lose the coins they wont be moving coins until a much more anonymous way to send coins is created.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                                                                                                                         █
█                                                                                                                         █
█          ██     ██       ▄█▄        ██        ██     ▄██████▄    ██████████    ████████    ██████▄                      █
█          ██     ██       ███        ██        ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██      ██ ██       ███      ███     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██     ▄██ ██▄      ████    ████     ██              ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          █████████     ██   ██      ██ ██  ██ ██      ▀█████▄        ██        ███████     ██   ▄█▀                     █
█          ██     ██     ██   ██      ██  █▄▄█  ██            ██       ██        ██          █████                        █
█          ██     ██    ▄███████▄     ██  ████  ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██   ██                      █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ▀██████▀        ██        ████████    ██     ██                    █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
M   A   R   K   E   T   P   L  A   C   E  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

The first token offering total buyback
─────❯❯❯ICO Starts : 28th of November 2017❮❮❮─────

❖TWITTER
❖TELEGRAM
❖WHITEPAPER
❖FACEBOOK
❖ANN THREAD
SLACK
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: