Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:02:51 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: World War III and BTC  (Read 7424 times)
btc237ftw (OP)

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 01:55:03 PM

There are rumors of war everywhere as you guys know...

I can write a whole book showing evidence for WWIII coming really soon... and my question for you is.. What kind of influence do you think such a war would have on Bitcoin?
Chrithu

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 01:58:26 PM

Rly? First Time I've heard of that.

I can write a whole book showing evidence for WWIII coming really soon...

Maybe you should do that might make you a small fortune from other people like you ;-).

To answer your question: Should WWIII happen BTC will become essentially worthless as will any other currency.

Birdy

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:00:15 PM

I don't know where you live, but there certainly are none of them here.
ironcross360

Activity: 140

Troll of the Fourth Reich.

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:00:42 PM

BTC Will cause WW3  mayb

Why are you just staring at this? Just send it! 1MHZjADM41ttjbPUiTPYWGYGm45XLf8ZeS
zahra4575

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2013, 02:01:05 PM

There is a big possibility that world war III even in few months time. I thinks bitcoin's/gold/silver/platinum  price will skyrocket if people sees this as their last resort to store and retains the value of their money.
DMIS

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:02:12 PM

If WWIII happened the price of BTC would be the least of my concerns
Birdy

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:03:22 PM

But we will die due to an epdimic virus before, but that cannot happen because we will die due to an asteroid impact before, but that cannot happen because aliens will invade us first, but that cannot happen because terrorists will nuke us all to death but that cannot happen because the zombie outbreak will be before but...
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:03:32 PM

The idea is, America + Israel are aiming to attack Iran, as we're still in this war for oil/petrodollar dubbed "kill the terrorists".  Russia & China are saying, if America or Israel attacks Iran, they're going to attack back; China's also at war with America through currencies, but I'll let you do your own research there.

Thus, WWIII.  Or something close to it.

usscfounder

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:29:16 PM

If the internet survives then cryptocurrency will survive.
umairsaleem00

Activity: 33

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:38:04 PM

Right now there is a lot possible starting point of world war III.
1..Japan and China >sinkaku islands,  rich in oil and gas.
2. China & Taiwan and Philippines> panatag shoal and spartly islands both rich in oil and gas, Us will be drag because of mutual defense treaty.
3.NorthKorea, its brewing. In times of war 90 percent possibility china will help north korea.
4. If Israel attacks Iran. US and Russia possible china will be drag  to war because its one of their biggest oil supplier.
5. Syria. If Israel attacks Syria. Russia and US will be drag to war.
RomZ

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:39:40 PM

yeah it really depends on how big the WW3 is, if it demolishes most of the worlds civilizations and makes the internet useless then it'll be as useless as any other form of wealth
arbitrage001
Legendary

Activity: 1067
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:42:53 PM

If the internet survives then cryptocurrency will survive.

Doubt it.

Even if the internet survives, what benefit can bitcoin give? The main benefit of internet is to facilitate communication and make deal (exchange). The actual exchange of good still requires unrestricted border movement and transportation infrastructure intact for it to happen.

In a total war scenario, one can not buy basic necessity 200 miles away from where one is.

Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:54:16 PM

And lets not forget that there's nuclear weapons in every part of the land and the sea, many of which we do not know the whereabouts.

I don't know how we figured out how to sleep at night, but we did it.  Mostly by forgetting.

kokoon

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:55:27 PM

I can't sleep at night  Embarrassed
btc237ftw (OP)

Activity: 157

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 03:01:46 PM

"Rly? First Time I've heard of that."

As you can see from other replies... it's NOT new... at all and many people have been following on what's going on with the world military and financial movements.

"I don't know where you live, but there certainly are none of them here."
I don't know where you live... but it seems you are REALLY disconnected with the rest of the world - I will show a few links at the bottom of this reply just to give some evidences for people who don't follow up on what's going on... but again - just look at other replies and you will see... this is real and is happening right now.

There is a big possibility that world war III even in few months time. I thinks bitcoin's/gold/silver/platinum  price will skyrocket if people sees this as their last resort to store and retains the value of their money.
Generally speaking, I completely agree with you and this is a fair "one liner" summary for a very thorough investigation and research leading up. I won't go long about this right now as I want to hear more opinions first:)

Right now there is a lot possible starting point of world war III.
1..Japan and China >sinkaku islands,  rich in oil and gas.
2. China & Taiwan and Philippines> panatag shoal and spartly islands both rich in oil and gas, Us will be drag because of mutual defense treaty.
3.NorthKorea, its brewing. In times of war 90 percent possibility china will help north korea.
4. If Israel attacks Iran. US and Russia possible china will be drag  to war because its one of their biggest oil supplier.
5. Syria. If Israel attacks Syria. Russia and US will be drag to war.

Very educated person - following up on what's going on and you got my respect sir, well done. The list of 5 you just mentioned are really the main events going on as we speak and they all have great chance of happening during 2013, while the 5th one has increased chances to happen before September this year, after that we have the 4th option (rated by chances and date) and then the rest.
Again, I'm being very general here, as I think people should research on their own and I want to hear more opinions. but really - great reply sir.

Doubt it.

Even if the internet survives, what benefit can bitcoin give? The main benefit of internet is to facilitate communication and make deal (exchange). The actual exchange of good still requires unrestricted border movement and transportation infrastructure intact for it to happen.

In a total war scenario, one can not buy basic necessity 200 miles away from where one is.

The thing is... think about a post-war world, where over 50% of the world's population is gone... Some form of payment system that unites the world should appear and help the world recover. After such a war, there is a very good chance of a "united world" instead of just "USA" or "European union", therefore there will also be a need for a single "currency" to work with.

Again, I won't go deep into this right now, just wanted to clear my through in regards to this.

I also promised some links,
So here you go (notice the dates to connect dots):
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrWoodworksfilms Watch a few of these talk shows.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4f2mgj4UT0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iUmBVR-RLI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zemQ4u5J7gA

I just listed a few... if I wanted - I could list a few... hundred..

That's it for this reply - thanks for everyone - I'm very impressed with the level of people on this forum... and we are just on the "newbie" section! nice:)
derstacker98

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 03:03:10 PM

I bet Bitcoins will become the world wide currency, after the apocalypse of course.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 03:05:34 PM

I bet Bitcoins will become the world wide currency, after the apocalypse of course.

An apocalypse (Ancient Greek: ἀπoκάλυψις apocálypsis, from ἀπό and καλύπτω meaning 'un-covering'), translated literally from Greek, is a disclosure of knowledge, hidden from humanity in an era dominated by falsehood and misconception, i.e., a lifting of the veil or revelation,

That would likely follow, as all the sheeple would either stop being sheeple or stop being alive.

thedeath89

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 03:12:35 PM

If it happens i wish i could survival it to spend my BTC Sad
Chrithu

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 03:14:10 PM

Nope. We all know after an acopalypse it will either be poker chips or coke bottle caps that we'll have for currency ;-).

kickinyou

Activity: 93

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 03:37:38 PM

if  WWIII will happen so will the bitcoin skyrock,

no way that it could go another way .

internet will never be unavalibul.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: