Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:15:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: World War III and BTC  (Read 7419 times)
harposox

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 12:50:39 AM

There are rumors of war everywhere as you guys know...

I can write a whole book showing evidence for WWIII coming really soon... and my question for you is.. What kind of influence do you think such a war would have on Bitcoin?

WWIII has already started, IMO. When we look back decades from now, I believe Iraq and Afghanistan will be considered the opening salvos of WWIII. The United States is not going to be on the right side of history.

Hard to say how it will impact bitcoin. Given the West's push for global military and banking hegemony, I believe bitcoin will probably be one of the next targets by governments and TBTF financial institutions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alkuluku

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

🙏

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 01:02:57 AM

Interesting to ready replies. More interesting to see how fast it went off-topic.
How relevant the bitcoins would've been in the stone age?

reuitom

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 01:52:33 AM

To answer your question: Should WWIII happen BTC will become essentially worthless as will any other currency.

atp1916
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 02:04:21 AM

WW3 will never happen with bombs and bullets, but rather bits and bytes.

Besides, seeing as how the world is so economically entwined...even the bad guys know it would be a pyrrhic victory at best even if they did come out on top.

This is why China still hasn't taken over itty bitty Taiwan.

Risk ticking off their biggest trading partner? nawwww.
cryptoforart

Activity: 13

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 02:35:17 AM

If the internet survives then cryptocurrency will survive.

Doubt it.

Even if the internet survives, what benefit can bitcoin give? The main benefit of internet is to facilitate communication and make deal (exchange). The actual exchange of good still requires unrestricted border movement and transportation infrastructure intact for it to happen.

In a total war scenario, one can not buy basic necessity 200 miles away from where one is.

Agreed.
Considering the South Hemisphere which there is almost zero movement in Bitcoin economy because of taxes and exchanges to get USD, THEN trade in bitcoins, in a world war scenario the prices would dramatically fall if this war affect the big portion of the net. But thinking in South America, especifically Brazil, these same countries just entering in the crypto economy, all pacifists, there's a a way to save the network, imo.
Elein

Activity: 18

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 03:06:13 AM

The value of BTC will increase when WIII comes.
an0nymous

Activity: 10

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 03:12:05 AM

snip

Good points; hell, America has so much food, it has to burn it; it even pays farmers to stop farming, because there's too much fucking food.

But if America was cut off from China, who would make all those little plastic figurines?

Not a problem.  We cut off food and oil imports to China until they give us as many of those little plastic figurines as we want.

This points out how easy that would be.

http://americansecurityproject.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/choke_points.jpg

What exactly USA send back to the middle east for that fat brown oil arrows? And who is a terrorists sponsor that way?
reuitom

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 03:34:04 AM

If WWIII happened the price of BTC would be the least of my concerns
jimrome

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 04:53:16 AM

impossible to say
appelflap

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 04:58:13 AM

World war III lol I can't wait.
kodo

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 05:19:04 AM

lol "rumors of war" who be saying these things?
kodo

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 05:19:41 AM

snip

Good points; hell, America has so much food, it has to burn it; it even pays farmers to stop farming, because there's too much fucking food.

But if America was cut off from China, who would make all those little plastic figurines?

Not a problem.  We cut off food and oil imports to China until they give us as many of those little plastic figurines as we want.

This points out how easy that would be.

http://americansecurityproject.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/choke_points.jpg

What exactly USA send back to the middle east for that fat brown oil arrows? And who is a terrorists sponsor that way?

Lmao this was funny!
christov84

Activity: 16

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 05:37:26 AM

Why does everyone assume WWIII would be like WWII?

Wars are very unpopular these days and I think the only wars we are going to see between the G8's would be economic or coldwars.

None of these self interested leaders would risk political suicide by going to war with any of the other majors. Will always see the next tier of countries duking it out with influence from the majors.
jashper

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 05:57:16 AM

The only war you'll see will be the silent war of money
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 11:31:19 AM

If WWIII happened the price of BTC would be the least of my concerns

+1

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
icoins

Activity: 18

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 11:41:27 AM

Bankers expand monetary supply at their will, economy thrives, credit expands. Then they remove monetary supply, credits default, banks get it all. Then they usually get rid of "useless eaters" by war, and make money by supplying weapons and grabbing everything that has value in the longtime: gold, natural resources, farmland.

Now comes Bitcoin, banks won't get it all ;-)
Tywill

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 11:55:48 AM

If you look back through history we are actually living in one of the most peaceful periods ever recorded. I don't see BTC contributing to a WW III in any way.
ironcross360

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Troll of the Fourth Reich.

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 12:56:52 PM

Arrrg Pirates from somalia!  Cool  Roll Eyes I'd hate to see em have bitcoins

Why are you just staring at this? Just send it! 1MHZjADM41ttjbPUiTPYWGYGm45XLf8ZeS
TomUnderSea

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 10:12:14 PM

So the basic thrust of your arguement is US forces had self-exploding tanks, bombers who could not hit a beach, and generally incompetent leadership.  I believe you also ranted about WWI helmets, ugly casualty rates, fire bombing of cities, atomic weapons and fearsome enemies flying bamboo airplanes.

So, if the US forces were as incompetent as described why do the WWII nations of  Germany, Italy, Japan and USSR no longer exist?

Seems to me that despite all the faults, failures and just plain incompetence that you have so carefully located, the US soldier, sailor, airman and Marine simply kicked ass.  Something about being willing to say "NUTS".

So my question still remains. 

Why should the US protect Europe, Japan, Taiwan or Korea?  Why should the US protect the Middle East oil fields when the majority of that product goes to Europe, Japan, and China?  What does the US care if heating oil prices in Europe skyrocket?

If you really think the US is going to get involved in your WW3 scenarios, you better explain why the US will be interested.

Every little BTC helps.  14P3TfbttSpQ3BxUjwrUrmNU6F4mB9aMS5
Dasneko

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 12:07:31 AM

So the basic thrust of your arguement is US forces had self-exploding tanks, bombers who could not hit a beach, and generally incompetent leadership.  I believe you also ranted about WWI helmets, ugly casualty rates, fire bombing of cities, atomic weapons and fearsome enemies flying bamboo airplanes.

So, if the US forces were as incompetent as described why do the WWII nations of  Germany, Italy, Japan and USSR no longer exist?

Seems to me that despite all the faults, failures and just plain incompetence that you have so carefully located, the US soldier, sailor, airman and Marine simply kicked ass.  Something about being willing to say "NUTS".

So my question still remains.  

Why should the US protect Europe, Japan, Taiwan or Korea?  Why should the US protect the Middle East oil fields when the majority of that product goes to Europe, Japan, and China?  What does the US care if heating oil prices in Europe skyrocket?

If you really think the US is going to get involved in your WW3 scenarios, you better explain why the US will be interested.

Actually if oil prices in Europe skyrocketed due to being cut off for example the american based oil producers would simply prioritize selling to Europe. Free market and all that so of course they will sell where they get the most profit. Its also fun how you always expect that everyone wants your help and you base that on WW2.... when the whole world had to band together against Germany.... Which is in Europe.... And is currently a much nicer country then America ever was.... I honestly dont see a problem with the Atlantic Ocean being between us right now. Could perhaps have been wider but one can dream.

I gave you ample evidence on Americas lack of morals, leadership, preparedness, priorities, realistic view point and training. The fact that you exist and X country dont has nothing to do with your "greatness" and you just claiming it is outright childish. A country does not need to be successful or unique in any way to persist. Cant you see how silly you are going "haha we lived longer then youuuu"?

You claim that Germany, Italy and Japan does no longer exist? They are far greater now then they ever were. Who do you think is leading the world in stuff like Technology, economy and social development? Who the heck needs oil when we get our electricity from green energy combined with nuclear power plants?

I believe USA will be the one to START WW3. No one else seams to bother except some arab countries that have not had peace since they invented the stick.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: