Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:29:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin the new gold  (Read 6195 times)
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 07:19:58 PM

This is a very interesting fact, bitcoin is progressing very rapidly and all eyes are on bitcoin. Bitcoin is the digital gold that everybody is looking for include me.

Bitcoin has become more then this when he crossed gold in price. From that point he is going up and really becoming GOLD of this time. Nothing can compare with bitcoin at the moment in price and value. And yes bitcoin is for everyone most valuable possession they have or will have in future time.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cubevtc

Activity: 496
Merit: 250

Ceck me in livestream twith

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 07:27:00 PM

bitcoin cant bee like a gold never
btc still not real maybe iff they come offline but right now never cant bee like gold

FUKT

Activity: 446

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 07:33:26 PM

Bitcoin is like gold standard for others cryptocurrency.
I do not recall the issue of any altcoin to be tied to the amount of BTC mined, but if you know better, please, let me know.
ObscurePen

Activity: 385
Merit: 266

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 05:52:32 AM

Everyone still wants gold. That’s why it price is so high. Yet not many get the chance to possess it. Only the elite few do. altcoins better than Bitcoin? Very funny joke. Have you been living under a rock the whole time you were on this forum? altcoins are just speculation. They have no real use. Bitcoin, however, can be actually used to buy stuff (although barely any merchants accept it as payment). That is what Bitcoin so much better than any altcoin. Just check the cryptocurrency market capitalisation list and you will know who is boss. Here is the link: https://coinmarketcap.com/

Bitcoin’s cap is much higher than any cryptocurrency. It has more that 50% market dominance which is rising everyday due to increasing prices. Bitcoin is the mother of all cryptocurrency, that I agree with you and it is the most powerful.

Please don’t call Bitcoin an altcoin. Your perception of it is warted. There is a fine line between Bitcoin and altcoins. I mentioned it earlier in the post. Altcoins are not currencies. “Stuff”, other than things that they are specifically created for, (like enjoin coin in my signature) can’t be bought with Altcoins. Completely different story for Bitcoin. So a piece of advice: don’t call Bitcoin an altcoin. It can trigger some very passionate Bitcointalk members. (I am telling you this from experience)

Yeah … God bless you to mate. Smiley
Similificator

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 06:04:36 AM

I've been analyzing all this happening with bitcoin and I'm coming to the following conclusion:

Before the most important asset was the gold in which everyone wanted and possessed, the governments were displacing gold with money a centralized asset which lost its value day by day.

Bitcoin is an asset that goes up in price for all the features that Satoshi thought and gave to it.

Today there are hundreds of altcoins and for sure there are some that are much better than bitcoin, and that these will be more used than bitcoin in the future, but bitcoin will be the king of all the new digital gold. People will use other altcoins as well, but the savings and investments will be in bitcoin, and this is for the simple reason that it was the first altcoin, and that people believed in it from its beginnings.

The bitcoin is here to stay and has created a revolution in the monetary system around the world. And we can be proud to be living the moment when this is happening.

Bitcoin is heading to $4,000 usd per coin and I am sure that the price of bitcoin in 3 years will be exponentially higher than is today.

In Bitcoin we trust, god bless you all

I could not agrre more to your observation. And another thing is that bitcoin is what dragged most of the people in to the crypto currency world. Meaning, they got interested in cypto currencies because they saw bircoin and its potential that is why i believe that no matter what altcoins these people get a hold off, they would still stick to bitcoins or never let go of bitcoins. Plus, it is not limited into just 1btc. I can be divided into pieces just like a dollar and its cents. And we all know that this capability of bitcoins are really important because the price of bitcoins are getting higher and higher each day.
That's what i think.
Williamscott

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 07:29:03 AM

I think that altcoin is just a crypto complement for a trade, and in the end everyone who has altcoin will be swapped on bitcoin. The very high bitcoin price it can make a lot of people want to have bitcoin as a way to invest in the future. This can be seen from the trading index altcoin and bitcoin so many choices in the likes of many people as a way to invest.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 08:19:30 AM

This is a very interesting fact, bitcoin is progressing very rapidly and all eyes are on bitcoin. Bitcoin is the digital gold that everybody is looking for include me.

Bitcoin has become more then this when he crossed gold in price. From that point he is going up and really becoming GOLD of this time. Nothing can compare with bitcoin at the moment in price and value. And yes bitcoin is for everyone most valuable possession they have or will have in future time.
Yes, by considering the potential of bitcoin, naming bitcoin modern gold or more than gold must be more appropriate then simply comparing it with gold. I am not just considering the price value of both bitcoin and gold but the store of value capabilities and returns we could expect from bitcoin investments are the biggest differences or benefits we can enjoy from bitcoin compared to gold.

In near future people are going to value one satoshi similar to gold. Except this, I'm not finding any other way to compare bitcoin with gold.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 08:29:30 AM

I think that altcoin is just a crypto complement for a trade, and in the end everyone who has altcoin will be swapped on bitcoin. The very high bitcoin price it can make a lot of people want to have bitcoin as a way to invest in the future. This can be seen from the trading index altcoin and bitcoin so many choices in the likes of many people as a way to invest.
Altcoin are just created for trading and only some of them will only become a great rival to bitcoin in the future. We already see a lot of proof for this like the altcoin exchanges in different websites that are only going up and down and it is seem that the movement of the price of the altcoins are just being played by the traders.
lordquanta

Activity: 770
Merit: 268

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 09:37:20 AM

bitcoin has gone past its gold phase, at this moment it is super duper white gold. There is nothing which matches the profit returns bitcoin is yielding. one can see that all traditional investments are way behind when it comes to the returns from the bitcoin.
Interesting this progress is continued from last two to three years.
Dux2K
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 04:03:41 PM

bitcoin has gone past its gold phase, at this moment it is super duper white gold. There is nothing which matches the profit returns bitcoin is yielding. one can see that all traditional investments are way behind when it comes to the returns from the bitcoin.
Interesting this progress is continued from last two to three years.

Will say same.  For the moment there is nothing that can be compared with bitcoin.

Coinroll - Bitcoin Gambling

[fX665GSjkGyrckCzk]
FUKT

Activity: 446

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 05:52:53 PM

Well actually some stocks do - check the NVO Novo Resources (a gold mining start up with 10 000 km2 of land secured for gold exploration in Australia) performance on the Canadian exchange this month, but who cares.
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 10:13:03 AM
Last edit: August 19, 2017, 10:44:55 AM by Mpamaegbu

I seriously doubt that altcoins will see more usage than Bitcoin in the future. Bitcoin has the best developer resources and the greatest acceptance as a method of payment in the real world. Most altcoins are only traded for Bitcoin and have no real market of their own.

Altcoins are a testing ground for new features. The best may be integrated into Bitcoin later. Besides that, there's a lot of innovation happening in Bitcoin development.

I do agree that Bitcoin had a first-mover advantage. But it wouldn't be the most dominant cryptocurrency today without the hard work and improvements done by Core developers.

We never can conclusively say no altcoin can overtake Bitcoin in popularity and usage. Times and climates do change. We should also expect this here. Most people didn't give BCH a chance but today that coin is around $820 barely 20 days after it was born. Who knows it may supercede Bitcoin in the future.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
PokerFace3

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 07:35:43 AM

I seriously doubt that altcoins will see more usage than Bitcoin in the future. Bitcoin has the best developer resources and the greatest acceptance as a method of payment in the real world. Most altcoins are only traded for Bitcoin and have no real market of their own.

Altcoins are a testing ground for new features. The best may be integrated into Bitcoin later. Besides that, there's a lot of innovation happening in Bitcoin development.

I do agree that Bitcoin had a first-mover advantage. But it wouldn't be the most dominant cryptocurrency today without the hard work and improvements done by Core developers.

We never can conclusively say no altcoin can overtake Bitcoin in popularity and usage. Times and climates do change. We should also expect this here. Most people didn't give BCH a chance but today that coin is around $820 barely 20 days after it was born. Who knows it may supercede Bitcoin in the future.
I can bet that it won’t be able to surpass bitcoins because if this coin is increasing in value, then bitcoins are increasing at greater speed. The bitcoin team is definitely not going to sit idle when the other such potential coins are launched in the crypto market. They will obviously improve the bitcoin technology.
calandra78
Copper Member

Activity: 840
Merit: 114

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 02:46:40 PM

Bitcoin is bitcoin while gold is gold, both are different. I can't say bitcoin is the new gold since gold had existed a few thousand years already while bitcoin had just started, though bitcoin price is rising and almost reaching the same value as gold is sold in the market but bitcoin is an element and its value does not move that much. And both are an investment and may increase its value more every year, still can't say it is the new gold.
bitcoin is indeed different and gold, gold historically viewed by society as an object of value and gold is only a hunk of stone that sparkles and limited (rare) and make it as a "mass storage device". but the bitcoin also has the same characteristics with gold but unlike gold, bitcoin can not be faked and bitcoin can you move in the world in just minutes so that I can refer to it as digital gold better.
mrayazgul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 04:20:05 PM

For those of you that do not know, gold was chosen for the gold standard for the purpose of backing currency because it cannot be destroyed . Maybe destroyed isn't the right word. It was chosen because other metals tarnish and Decay over time. In that respect Bitcoin and gold have that in common except for the fact that bit going to can be burnt and lost. Both are considered Commodities legally. That is about the point where they split.
HalfDeck

Activity: 223

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 04:54:45 PM

I can bet that it won’t be able to surpass bitcoins because if this coin is increasing in value, then bitcoins are increasing at greater speed. The bitcoin team is definitely not going to sit idle when the other such potential coins are launched in the crypto market. They will obviously improve the bitcoin technology.
To me, Bitcoin Cash just can increasing in value like @PokerFace3 said, because with 8MB blocksize I think very easy for hacker attack 51% and make the blockchain system receive error or controlled by someone, this is reason in past time have many people don't like Bitcoin Unlimit.
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 06:49:10 PM

Comparing bitcoin with gold will be something that I will say I'll thought because they are not the same in anyway and they set out to achieve achieve  different objectives which is one fundamental thing to consider. While one set out to be  primarily an asset, the other set out to replace the fiat and give everyone freedom from the shackles of the banking and government institutions.
Bakote16916

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 07:16:24 PM

What I see and observe bitcoin skyrocketing is real if bitcoin is called a gold substitute, because until now bitcoin can be a modern investment in this era if it remains stable or up from time to time.
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 07:53:51 AM

For those of you that do not know, gold was chosen for the gold standard for the purpose of backing currency because it cannot be destroyed . Maybe destroyed isn't the right word. It was chosen because other metals tarnish and Decay over time. In that respect Bitcoin and gold have that in common except for the fact that bit going to can be burnt and lost. Both are considered Commodities legally. That is about the point where they split.

Good point but here is little hard to determine what is good and what is not that good. Gold is good option cuz all major if not all countries using gold as let say cold storage, but in case of bitcoin he is more like digital gold but not just like real one. Again many consider that bitcoin will be new gold but he need to be physical for that.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Bitcoincole

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 09:22:50 AM

Good point but here is little hard to determine what is good and what is not that good. Gold is good option cuz all major if not all countries using gold as let say cold storage, but in case of bitcoin he is more like digital gold but not just like real one. Again many consider that bitcoin will be new gold but he need to be physical for that.

Yeah, in some reason we can say bitcoin is like a digital gold nowadays but the sad factor is the saddin up and down of the rate value of the currency exchange.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: