Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:17:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin the new gold  (Read 6195 times)
Wingo

Activity: 686
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 04:18:52 AM

I sometimes think of investing on other altcoins, believing that its price will go up someday. But compared to the price of bitcoin as of now, it is too far. The growing reputation of the usage of digital currencies is what made me think that the price of bitcoin will constantly grow.

Comparing to gold, bitcoin is better as of today. investing on gold can take many years to atleast get a 50% profit. With bitcoin, the price fluctuates in a faster rate. If you invested in the right time then you will get profit in just a short period of time. The only advantage of gold is that it will exist forever and in bitcoin, no one knows how long it will live.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vinalians

Activity: 819
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 07:10:24 AM

No it isn't bitcoin is more better than gold, gold is centralized that's why some people can manipulate the price of it, many of the politicians can corrupt it. while bitcoin is decentralized no one manage, meaning that bitcoin is well balance so it can't be the new gold it is the better gold.
rikybrosh

Activity: 478
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 07:25:27 AM

It surely is i sold most of the gold i had i sold them and bought more bitcoin at 1800$ really happy with the profit i tried a trading strategy and sold at 4100$ i knew the price would fall one point of time but didn't realise the highest point would be 4150$ now I'm waiting for a drop till if it climbs back again i rebuy bitcoins again
Now bitcoin still can be mined as gold but when bitcoin reach the maximum amount, the demand will be much higher and the price will keep increasing.

Rizky Aditya

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 01:34:34 PM

For those of you that do not know, gold was chosen for the gold standard for the purpose of backing currency because it cannot be destroyed . Maybe destroyed isn't the right word. It was chosen because other metals tarnish and Decay over time. In that respect Bitcoin and gold have that in common except for the fact that bit going to can be burnt and lost. Both are considered Commodities legally. That is about the point where they split.

Good point but here is little hard to determine what is good and what is not that good. Gold is good option cuz all major if not all countries using gold as let say cold storage, but in case of bitcoin he is more like digital gold but not just like real one. Again many consider that bitcoin will be new gold but he need to be physical for that.

Yeah, in some reason we can say bitcoin is like a digital gold nowadays but the sad factor is the saddin up and down of the rate value of the currency exchange.
Definitely bitcoins are the new gold of the era. I would rather like to pay tribute to bitcoins for making our lives comfortable and easier by calling them ‘digital diamonds’. They are going to grow in the coming years and will be rising much higher in value than we can even imagine. Let us all stay loyal to our bitcoins to have a great future.
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 07:25:30 PM

For those of you that do not know, gold was chosen for the gold standard for the purpose of backing currency because it cannot be destroyed . Maybe destroyed isn't the right word. It was chosen because other metals tarnish and Decay over time. In that respect Bitcoin and gold have that in common except for the fact that bit going to can be burnt and lost. Both are considered Commodities legally. That is about the point where they split.

Good point but here is little hard to determine what is good and what is not that good. Gold is good option cuz all major if not all countries using gold as let say cold storage, but in case of bitcoin he is more like digital gold but not just like real one. Again many consider that bitcoin will be new gold but he need to be physical for that.

Yeah, in some reason we can say bitcoin is like a digital gold nowadays but the sad factor is the saddin up and down of the rate value of the currency exchange.
Definitely bitcoins are the new gold of the era. I would rather like to pay tribute to bitcoins for making our lives comfortable and easier by calling them ‘digital diamonds’. They are going to grow in the coming years and will be rising much higher in value than we can even imagine. Let us all stay loyal to our bitcoins to have a great future.

Bitcoin is sure new type gold in any way of this word. This will be future in any possible way and outcome. Why is that, all think that cuz of current value but image in let say 5 years price could be atomically high also can be little higher then current one. This makes bitcoin more interesting with each day and with new users coming every day.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 07:32:24 PM

No it isn't bitcoin is more better than gold, gold is centralized that's why some people can manipulate the price of it, many of the politicians can corrupt it. while bitcoin is decentralized no one manage, meaning that bitcoin is well balance so it can't be the new gold it is the better gold.
Gold's market is heavily being manipulated by governments, but Bitcoin in the same way is also getting manipulated heavily be a certain number of elite market movers.

The most important aspect of gold, and Bitcoin at the same time, is that you can store your wealth outside the governmental and banking system. In terms of gold, this is assuming you own it in physical form.

Gold that people own on paper or in form of certain financial instruments don't count, just like the Bitcoins you store in online wallet services and exchanges don't count.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
stromae

Activity: 309

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 07:46:43 PM

Gold's market is heavily being manipulated by governments, but Bitcoin in the same way is also getting manipulated heavily be a certain number of elite market movers.

The most important aspect of gold, and Bitcoin at the same time, is that you can store your wealth outside the governmental and banking system. In terms of gold, this is assuming you own it in physical form.

Gold that people own on paper or in form of certain financial instruments don't count, just like the Bitcoins you store in online wallet services and exchanges don't count.

The situation in bitcoin is more dramatic. In gold market, there are unlimited number of players. So the speculation is way harder. In bitcoin, there are a few whales having the most of the market volume and cap. They move the price wherever they want.

By saying this, I'm not like blaming bitcoin or these whales. This is a free market and they can do what they gotta do. Bitcoin will maintain precious just like gold.
UsernameBitcoin

Activity: 530
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 09:03:45 PM

There is no such thing as old Gold. Gold always has and always will be the standard for money, alongside its virtual equivalent, Bitcoin (of course) Smiley

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
skyline247

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 09:18:49 PM

Indeed, Bitcoin is a new type of gold... only digital. People who love gold should also love Bitcoin because it is the same thing and built on the same concepts... and unhackable and Blockahain tech is revolutionary.
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 02:59:34 AM

I've been analyzing all this happening with bitcoin and I'm coming to the following conclusion:

Before the most important asset was the gold in which everyone wanted and possessed, the governments were displacing gold with money a centralized asset which lost its value day by day.

Bitcoin is an asset that goes up in price for all the features that Satoshi thought and gave to it.

Today there are hundreds of altcoins and for sure there are some that are much better than bitcoin, and that these will be more used than bitcoin in the future, but bitcoin will be the king of all the new digital gold. People will use other altcoins as well, but the savings and investments will be in bitcoin, and this is for the simple reason that it was the first altcoin, and that people believed in it from its beginnings.

The bitcoin is here to stay and has created a revolution in the monetary system around the world. And we can be proud to be living the moment when this is happening.

Bitcoin is heading to $4,000 usd per coin and I am sure that the price of bitcoin in 3 years will be exponentially higher than is today.

In Bitcoin we trust, god bless you all

That is too soon, bitcoin is the gold of crypto but bitcoin is very far away from becoming the new gold, that is going to take a lot of time if it happens at all.
mdripon

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 08:19:50 AM

I've been analyzing all this happening with bitcoin and I'm coming to the following conclusion:

Before the most important asset was the gold in which everyone wanted and possessed, the governments were displacing gold with money a centralized asset which lost its value day by day.

Bitcoin is an asset that goes up in price for all the features that Satoshi thought and gave to it.

Today there are hundreds of altcoins and for sure there are some that are much better than bitcoin, and that these will be more used than bitcoin in the future, but bitcoin will be the king of all the new digital gold. People will use other altcoins as well, but the savings and investments will be in bitcoin, and this is for the simple reason that it was the first altcoin, and that people believed in it from its beginnings.

The bitcoin is here to stay and has created a revolution in the monetary system around the world. And we can be proud to be living the moment when this is happening.

Bitcoin is heading to $4,000 usd per coin and I am sure that the price of bitcoin in 3 years will be exponentially higher than is today.

In Bitcoin we trust, god bless you all

I think the bitcoin is new gold and We are all agree with me. because this use high level every country.

Activity Contest  \_____◢  ICO Forums  ◣____/  Promotion Contest
New Forum for Cryptocurrency Discussion
ICO Review Contest  / ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ◥  ANN Thread  ◤ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ \  Signature Campaign
richmcrich

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 08:46:49 AM

bitcoin has gone past its gold phase, at this moment it is super duper white gold. There is nothing which matches the profit returns bitcoin is yielding. one can see that all traditional investments are way behind when it comes to the returns from the bitcoin.
Interesting this progress is continued from last two to three years.
Yes, bitcoins have beaten all other modes of investments in regard of generating profits. No other investments whether they are some digital currencies or physical investments like gold etc, are as profitable as bitcoins have been in the last few years. I am glad that bitcoins have been introduced to world.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2017, 10:25:22 AM

bitcoin has gone past its gold phase, at this moment it is super duper white gold. There is nothing which matches the profit returns bitcoin is yielding. one can see that all traditional investments are way behind when it comes to the returns from the bitcoin.
Yes, bitcoins have beaten all other modes of investments in regard of generating profits. No other investments whether they are some digital currencies or physical investments like gold etc, are as profitable as bitcoins have been in the last few years. I am glad that bitcoins have been introduced to world

It just tells that you are not very familiar

With "other modes of investments in regard of generating profits". There are quite a few investment vehicles that can potentially give you as high as or even higher profits than Bitcoin has been offering so far. You may want to look into, for example, commodity options (like crude oil ones) or volatility indexes. The latter could give you insane amounts of profits in less than not time as well as completely destroy your capital in no less time as well. But if you know what you are doing, Bitcoin would look pretty pale in comparison to these instruments in terms of potential profitability

Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2017, 12:21:23 PM

Yes, bitcoins have beaten all other modes of investments in regard of generating profits. No other investments whether they are some digital currencies or physical investments like gold etc, are as profitable as bitcoins have been in the last few years. I am glad that bitcoins have been introduced to world

With "other modes of investments in regard of generating profits". There are quite a few investment vehicles that can potentially give you as high as or even higher profits than Bitcoin has been offering so far. You may want to look into, for example, commodity options (like crude oil ones) or volatility indexes. The latter could give you insane amounts of profits in less than not time as well as completely destroy your capital in no less time as well. But if you know what you are doing, Bitcoin would look pretty pale in comparison to these instruments in terms of potential profitability

I am not very familiar with Futures and Options (F&O). But as far as I know, it is not possible to get more than 100% profit from F&O. The maximum limit is 1x (please correct me if I am wrong). But Bitcoin has given more than 100% returns on a few occasions.
cluit
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 12:48:13 PM

It isn’t only the new gold but its also the new diamond infact. It is a better source of income if fully harnessed and you can keep it safer than you can keep gold. You could have bitcoins worth more than $5000 and walk around with your phone with your wallet in it. But with 5K gold on you, you feel insecure.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2017, 01:47:48 PM

I am not very familiar with Futures and Options (F&O). But as far as I know, it is not possible to get more than 100% profit from F&O. The maximum limit is 1x (please correct me if I am wrong). But Bitcoin has given more than 100% returns on a few occasions

I'm curious where you got that idea from

Indeed, you are wrong. It is your losses that cannot exceed 100% but your profits are virtually unlimited (especially in respect to options). With options (I mean call options, before all), you can lose only as much as you paid for the option but your profit opportunities are virtually unlimited and defined entirely by the growth of the underlying. In relative terms it means that you could earn thousands of %% within a short period of time if you turn out right in your assumptions about future growth of the underlying asset. Most likely, you meant buying put options where you cannot earn more than 100% in the case the underlying asset hits the floor. But this is not the case with call options

fullhdpixel

Activity: 2800
Merit: 608

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 07:53:46 AM

Gold was for the olden days when there was nothing like technology, and people only had Gold as the best option for saving their money. In this new generation, we now have Bitcoin which is far much better than Gold. So, yes! Bitcoin is the new replacement for Gold.

███████████████▄▄
    ██████████████████████▄
  ██████████████████████████▄
 ███████   ▀████████▀   ████▄
██████████    █▀  ▀    ██████▄
███████████▄▄▀  ██  ▀▄▄████████
███████████          █████████
███████████▀▀▄  ██  ▄▀▀████████
██████████▀   ▀▄  ▄▀   ▀██████▀
 ███████  ▄██▄████▄█▄  █████▀
  ██████████████████████████▀
    ██████████████████████▀
       ███████████████▀▀
.Duelbits.
..THE MOST REWARDING CASINO......
   ▄▄▄▄████▀███▄▄▄▄▄
▄███▄▀▄██▄   ▄██▄▀▄███▄
████▄█▄███▄█▄███▄█▄████
███████████████████████   ▄██▄
██     ██     ██     ██   ▀██▀
██ ▀▀█ ██ ▀▀█ ██ ▀▀█ ██    ██
██  █  ██  █  ██  █  ██
█▌  ██
██     ██     ██     ████  ██
█████████████████████████  ██
████████████████████████████▀
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████▌
       +4,000       
PROVABLY FAIR
GAMES
   $500,000   
MONTHLY
PRIZE POOL
      $10,000     
BLACKJACK
GIVEAWAY
Isaacck

Activity: 207
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 09:48:07 AM

I agree of this. Making bitcoin as the new gold. But not by disappearing the real money. Only add the bitcoin as the money. And bitcoin as the new gold because of its high value. Looks like a gold, isn't it? It's like a gold, right? High value and hard to mine. That's it, Bitcoin as the new gold. I agree on that
ocid

Activity: 588
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 09:57:50 AM

Before the existence of bitcoin, gold is very valuable, even to this day the gold remains valuable. With the advent of digital currency in the form of bitcoin value is able to match the value of gold, even sometimes bitcoin value can exceed the price of gold, I can conclude that the role of bitcoin is very valuable as gold.
Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 10:01:39 AM

Gold is an asset of a completely different level. Gold is the more the insurance asset. It slowly increases in price, but is appreciated in any situation and in any state. Bitcoin currency has become an investment asset which yields high returns but have a greater risk.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: