Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:03:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's make ‘Buy Bitcoin’ Sign Appears Everywhere!  (Read 2390 times)
Bitcoin Guy (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 06:14:52 PM

... Bitcoin needs to solve some problems, most notably scaling and legalization.

Totally agree.  Scaling and legalization are the two main concerns.  Once the Bitcoin transactions can be processed much quicker with very low fee (ex: via Lightning Network implementation), it will become a common global currency.  However, in order for it to be more broadly adopted, it has to be legalized in countries where Bitcoin is used.  Legalization gives people a piece of mind to store and use Bitcoin.

I'm totally against it, Bitcoin shouldn't be turned into some MLM ponzi scheme that require new investors for constant growth. People should naturally adopt Bitcoin on their own, when it will become clear that it's more advanced form of money than fiat.

Why against it?  Promoting Bitcoin does not turn it into MLM ponzi scheme.  Persons who holding up the "Buy Bitcoin" sign do not actually making profit for doing it.  It is just a way for people to learn Bitcoin's existance and to encourage them to do research for it if they do not already know. 

(Nevertheless, I think BitConnect, BCC, is a ponzi scheme.)

- To be or not to be, that is the question. -

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1334

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 10:13:09 PM

I saw that advertisement on the news regarding the Dita 2 Tournament. It is a good idea because it is a free advertisement and it really make a news because lots of people are watching that time. Maybe we need to do the same to spread awareness about Bitcoin.
I think we are going to keep seeing signs like that emerge all over the place, I do not know if the bitcoin community ever had a meme but I think this could be the meme we need to involve other people in bitcoin and not only people that are deeply interested in the world, the economy and technology, this could be a way to reach a lot of people that are not like that.
Soutogu

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 10:27:09 PM

We kinda need bitcoin to have a better scaling solution before we increase its size by 100x though... Most people would be instantly put off if they learned about the coin had to wait a week or pay a huge fee for their first ever transfer.
Nire_sivad

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 09:29:33 AM

"Buy Bitcoin" sign appearred again today.

Buy Bitcoin’ Sign Appears During DOTA International Tournament
https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sign-appears-during-dota-international-tournament

"Bitcoin made an unplanned appearance at the most recent DOTA (Defense of the Ancients) International Tournament, as an audience member held up a ‘Buy Bitcoin’ sign during announcements of the televised event.

Bitcoin has been frequently popping up in unlikely locations.  The current stunt, intended to increase awareness of Bitcoin, is not the first of its kind, after an audience member at Janet Yellen’s congressional briefing did the same.

Both events indicate a growing awareness of Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies generally. The awareness may be part of the reason for the substantial price increases over recent months, with Bitcoin cresting $3700 today.

"

I expect more signs will pop up in sport events and many other places.  It is a way to promote Bitcoin as well as other cryptocurrencies.

Good discussion point. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. The decision to buy a coin should be based on real analysis of the coin. I found that people keep buying coins without have any knowledge of them. This is considered high risk.  This is quite an interesting website I found:  https://www.coincheckup.com The site lets you check all there is to know about the team, product, communication transparency, advisors and investment statistics on every crypto. Check: https://www.coincheckup.com/coins/Bitcoin#analysis To check  Bitcoin Report.
nrvasquez

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 09:41:32 AM

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sign-appears-during-dota-international-tournament

"Bitcoin made an unplanned appearance at the most recent DOTA (Defense of the Ancients) International Tournament, as an audience member held up a ‘Buy Bitcoin’ sign during announcements of the televised event.

Bitcoin has been frequently popping up in unlikely locations.  The current stunt, intended to increase awareness of Bitcoin, is not the first of its kind, after an audience member at Janet Yellen’s congressional briefing did the same.

Both events indicate a growing awareness of Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies generally. The awareness may be part of the reason for the substantial price increases over recent months, with Bitcoin cresting $3700 today.

"

I expect more signs will pop up in sport events and many other places.  It is a way to promote Bitcoin as well as other cryptocurrencies.

ha ha. I also saw that. I think with writing like that would have a very big effect on bitcoin. because a lot of people around the world know about bitcoin just because "a piece of writing" behind the caster. not bad and very nice.

ilovestroberi

Activity: 97
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 07:27:01 AM

Before we can make the "Buy Bitcoin " to appear everywhere, we need to educate people on what bitcoin is and how it can positively impact their lives,  I know for a fact that people are normally scared of things that they don't understand.  It's by education that we can put their mind at ease.

I agree with you, sir. In order for bitcoin to be known, it must be advertise by many bitcoin users. It's the best way to keep bitcoin alive.

Crypto_trader87

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 03:31:06 PM

Before we can make the "Buy Bitcoin " to appear everywhere, we need to educate people on what bitcoin is and how it can positively impact their lives,  I know for a fact that people are normally scared of things that they don't understand.  It's by education that we can put their mind at ease.

I agree with you, sir. In order for bitcoin to be known, it must be advertise by many bitcoin users. It's the best way to keep bitcoin alive.

I think its easy to educate people about bitcoin but one thing that surely people will say about bitcoin is scam and they usualy dont bilieve in it before we can do that maybe slowly move until people discover it someday

wahb

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 08:46:35 PM

Yes I also agree with that, that first of all the people should be aware of what bitcoin is? Then there should be a campaign everywhere in the world to accept t=bitcoin as a one international digital legal crypto currency of the world. It is not a difficult job but it will take more time and in the near future this thing will be possible as many people have already been accepted bitcoin and have invested in it.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1334

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 09:25:05 PM

I'm totally against it, Bitcoin shouldn't be turned into some MLM ponzi scheme that require new investors for constant growth. People should naturally adopt Bitcoin on their own, when it will become clear that it's more advanced form of money than fiat. And before it will happen, Bitcoin needs to solve some problems, most notably scaling and legalization. If you are trying to promote Bitcoin as an investment, you should always inform people about possible risks. There is still a small possibility that Bitcoin might crash for some reason, and if it will happen, your friends and family who invested in Bitcoin because of your advice would very likely be angry at you.
Man, how do you think the markets works? Why do you think stocks go higher in price? Because someone is willing to buy them for an higher price that is why, that is not a ponzi scheme that is the way the economy works, do you think that the shirt you are wearing costs what you paid in the store? Of course not, the one that made it only paid a fraction of the cost.
Bitcoin Guy (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 06:07:53 PM

Yes I also agree with that, that first of all the people should be aware of what bitcoin is? Then there should be a campaign everywhere in the world to accept t=bitcoin as a one international digital legal crypto currency of the world. It is not a difficult job but it will take more time and in the near future this thing will be possible as many people have already been accepted bitcoin and have invested in it.

Totally agree.  Bitcoin should be a legal global currency one day where it gets accepted everywhere.  Before that, one of the things needed to happen is for people to know and learn about it.

sam53

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:04:15 AM

I saw that advertisement on the news regarding the Dita 2 Tournament. It is a good idea because it is a free advertisement and it really make a news because lots of people are watching that time. Maybe we need to do the same to spread awareness about Bitcoin.
I think we are going to keep seeing signs like that emerge all over the place, I do not know if the bitcoin community ever had a meme but I think this could be the meme we need to involve other people in bitcoin and not only people that are deeply interested in the world, the economy and technology, this could be a way to reach a lot of people that are not like that.
In my opinion, we do not need care about that. Because if someone really want to know Bitcoin and cryptocurrency, Google will automatic advertises ads "buy bitcoin/ ICO token" helps us. Not only Google, facebook ads also know that and it can advertises like Google too.
Siopao

Activity: 182
Merit: 120

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 08:53:37 AM

It's a nice idea, if t would be posted also on social media for free advertisement. A lot of people will surely be curious about it but not everyone will buy the idea. I think any promotion of bitcoin will be a good strategy for the bitcoin world.
no0dlepunk

Activity: 490
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 09:24:27 AM

I actually have a sticker at the rear of my car, and will soon wear a tshirt with "buy bitcoin" print on it... unfortunately, I don't go out that much. ha ha ha! Anyway, I would sell t-shirts soon, gonna post it here in the services section (I'm just waiting to rank up since nobody loves to deal with a Full Member that much). I need to earn money since I don't want to go back to having a day job anymore.
Hasbro27

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 09:38:39 AM

I think it is the impact of bitcoin development in the world, bitcoin will continue to grow and become one of the options for investment in the online world.
Bosx1ne

Activity: 540

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 09:42:46 AM

"

We should buy bitcoins as many as we can because we can have many profit if we hold it for a long time.

Bitcoin Guy (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 05:20:24 PM

We should buy bitcoins as many as we can because we can have many profit if we hold it for a long time.

That is the plan.  Bitcoin is better for long term investment.  I am holding them for at least 10 years.

ronafurw

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:11:27 AM

That is the plan.  Bitcoin is better for long term investment.  I am holding them for at least 10 years.
Yes holding is the great option when the prices are falling and the real and true successful investor do so and another idea is hold it for the long times and this will give you huge profit after 10 years and that profit will mean a lot to you so buy low sell high make this rule to your life and you will be an expert. And then there will be no worries for you.
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:15:06 AM

Everything takes time and bitcoin is still young currency. It has developed and achieved a lot during the past couple of years, just remember where it wa at the begining. More ad more people are interested in bitcoin and more and more are learning about it. Acceptance is increasing and already in this phase we can say that it's global currency and you can use it anywhere in the world with internet access.

malaj
ubeng07

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:40:05 AM

I think its easy to educate people about bitcoin but one thing that surely people will say about bitcoin is scam and they usualy dont bilieve in it before we can do that maybe slowly move until people discover it someday

yes in a way that we are educating some of people that truly don't know what bitcoin is they must think only that it is just a scam I am one that edcate some people but its useless they don't want to involve here because they say it is a scam.
Justanewtry

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:42:01 AM

I put up a Buy Bitcoin & Altcoins sign at my window facing the street  Cool
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: