Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:10:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think cryptocurrencies have the potential to overtake regular currencies?  (Read 4057 times)
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:06:23 AM

Would banks and governments actively work and implement countermeasures to undermine this process? Are the underestimating the potential of cryptocurrencies by investing in some of them?
Do you think there is a possibility of cryptocurrencies being banned in the future for the reason of being a threat to "normal" currencies?

The potential for cryptocurrencies to replace regular currencies is there but it is never going to happen, governments are never going to allow it and if at some point it seems as if that is going to happen then prepare for cryptocurrencies to become illegal, only when all the financial system collapse we could see something like that happening and even at that point regular currencies will keep on existing since in many parts of the world you still need to use cash for most of your transactions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:56:32 PM

Would banks and governments actively work and implement countermeasures to undermine this process? Are the underestimating the potential of cryptocurrencies by investing in some of them?
Do you think there is a possibility of cryptocurrencies being banned in the future for the reason of being a threat to "normal" currencies?

The potential for cryptocurrencies to replace regular currencies is there but it is never going to happen, governments are never going to allow it and if at some point it seems as if that is going to happen then prepare for cryptocurrencies to become illegal, only when all the financial system collapse we could see something like that happening and even at that point regular currencies will keep on existing since in many parts of the world you still need to use cash for most of your transactions.

Banking institutions will really not allow crypto's to take over what they have established for many centuries. That's why you will hear governments all over the world trying to put a halt on the booming crypto industries. It will drastically impact the economics of every government but in a positive manner. But I doubt they have thought about it, what they contemplate is that crypto will take over and make banks and regular fiat obsolete.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
mersal

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:01:00 PM

Banking institutions will really not allow crypto's to take over what they have established for many centuries. That's why you will hear governments all over the world trying to put a halt on the booming crypto industries. It will drastically impact the economics of every government but in a positive manner. But I doubt they have thought about it, what they contemplate is that crypto will take over and make banks and regular fiat obsolete.

If the government support crypto currencies it will definitely overtake normal currencies used by people in the world but it do not possible without the support of government and banks i hope soon it will be possible .
Strongball

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:49:30 PM

I believe so, yes they have the potential to do so. That's the beauty of this, anything can happen
and yet we get to play a part of it. It's hard to speculate on certain currencies since it takes some time
and a series of impedements to . The blockchain technology will put everything to the test since it's highly
innovating, we'll just hope and see.
BillCoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 02:11:25 PM

The main idea that backs the statement of " Cryptocurrencies will never make fiat disappear" is that the governments want control over the money, and they can't do it with crypto, unless they control the crypto and then the coin is no longer decentralized.

Fiat is being issued by governments, and fiat helps to bring protection, people needs the protection that fiat brings.
At the crypto world, we can see a lot of people who compares banks and fiat to the evilest thing that happened for the financial industry, and I can't understand why.
Some people need fiat, they need their currency to be centralized, and they need it to be backed by a government.
Yurkov

Activity: 1463
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 02:43:07 PM

Cryptocurrencies have very big potential, but I don't think they would take over regular currencies. This isn't in the interest of banks and governments. It's very doubtful that they would allow this in the near future.

BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 02:45:33 PM

I don't think cryptocurrencies are about to overtake fiat currencies. But that even isn't their purpose.
They are too unstable with too much different limitations and the financial system based on them would be too chaotic. But still they have and will have in the future very importnt rule and with time more and more people will accept them.

malaj
sayulita

Activity: 881
Merit: 500

CyberTrade

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 03:29:37 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2018, 03:40:30 PM by sayulita

I don't think cryptocurrencies are about to overtake fiat currencies. But that even isn't their purpose.
They are too unstable with too much different limitations and the financial system based on them would be too chaotic. But still they have and will have in the future very importnt rule and with time more and more people will accept them.
I think this will be possible later in the future.Since it is time of digitization,cryptocurrencies are getting popular and more and more people have now started using cryptocurrencies like bitcoin,ethereum etc.Transactions through cryptocurrencies is much more easier than regular  currencies.More and more people are investing in cryptocurrencies as the profit margin is very large.

███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                        ▀███████████████████████▀▀▀
       ▄▄██████▀▀▄▄     ▄█▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ██▀ ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄█  ▄▄████▄   ▄▄███████████▀
    ▄▄████▀▀     ██   ▄███▀▀▀▀██ ███▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██   ██▀▄▀██▀▀██     ▄▄████▀███  ███▄██▀
  ▄████▀         ██ ▄██▀█▀ ▄███ ███▄▄▄▄  ██ ▄▄█▀  ▄██  ██ ▄▄█▀   ▄██▄██▀ ▄██  ▄██▄███▄▄▄▄
 ▄███▀           ████▀ ██████▀ ██▀▀▀▀▀  ████▀▀   ▄██  █████▀ █████▀███  ▄██ ▄███▄██▀▀▀▀
████▀           ███▀  ██  ▄██ ██       ████▄    ▄██  ████▄   ▄█▀▀ ██▀  ███▄██▀ ▄██▀
████     ▄▄▄  ▄██▀   ██▄██▀▀ ███████▀  █▀  ▀█▄▄ ██   █▀  ▀█▄▄    ██▀  ███▀▀   ▀████████▀
████▄▄▄███▀ ███▀    ▀▀▀                      ▀▀█▄          ▀▀█▄ ██▀  ▀▀
 ▀█████▀▀ ███▀
.......MMO RPG Futuristic.......
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
pisston

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:59:28 PM

something is possible, however in my opinion crypto-currencies have outgrown the attain of any precise government. they may attempt, russia tried and deserted the idea. I think the opposite might be the case and governments will embody it however will develop their personal block chains.

then that today you will be the state begins to develop its national crypto currency, this is indeed so. That's just necessary to take into account that if the duration of the transaction and their cost will be such as today has Bitcoin, then popularity can not be among people. Not everyone can afford this.
moynul2050

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 11:14:13 PM

something is possible, however in my opinion crypto-currencies have outgrown the attain of any precise government. they may attempt, russia tried and deserted the idea. I think the opposite might be the case and governments will embody it however will develop their personal block chains.

Russia is a big country, they deserve to develop their own blockchain technology. this is just a matter of competition between super power states.
This business may be successful but it is difficult to compete with Bitcoin and the large community of all countries in the World.
Soranith

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 11:19:09 PM

Yes, I am very positive that cryptocurrency can overtake regular currency but it will take time for it to happen and there will be ups and down first before it will be implemented. A lot of people will have hard time to adjust specially those who are not familiar with computers.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 12:42:41 AM

Yes, I am very positive that cryptocurrency can overtake regular currency but it will take time for it to happen and there will be ups and down first before it will be implemented. A lot of people will have hard time to adjust specially those who are not familiar with computers.
Adjusting to bitcoin will not become hard for the people because almost all the people are now used to computers since the computers and other technology are already here since a lot of few years ago. If bitcoin overtake the regular currencies then there will be no problem since people can easily adjust since bitcoin is easy to use.
m1c0

Activity: 148
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:15:04 PM

Yes, but it will be a smooth transition in the coming years. A lot of cryptos will die and others will maintain to become even stronger in its most usable environment.
Regulations will follow sooner or later because every state needs taxes as income.
tyronecoinbit

Activity: 359
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:10:05 PM

If the government support crypto currencies it will definitely overtake normal currencies used by people in the world but it do not possible without the support of government and banks i hope soon it will be possible .
On my own perception on that situation, I would say yes there is a huge chance that the regular currencies will overtake by the the crypto currencies. As of this very moment in some point its not the same usage of the two kinds of currencies due to the fact that the crypto currencies are so huge gap of ups and downs which doesn't have a consistent value unlike on normal currencies is stable. Thus, the two kinds of currencies have different usage and capabilities which means they are important in the society as well as in the crypto community.
zmkriel

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:41:30 PM

Yes there is a huge possibility that cryptocurrencies can overtake regular currency because as far as i know crypto keep on spreading and majority of the people who knew about cryptos are so happy using and investing in it. What i don't know is if the government will allow it because as we all know crypto users like almost everyone of us got our privacy with our saving and government cannot collect taxes from us.
ask
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:56:29 PM

soon we will get more investors from stocks market cause ICOs are changing the market to a stocks market.
after geting more investors crypto will overtake regular ones
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 04:55:49 PM

soon we will get more investors from stocks market cause ICOs are changing the market to a stocks market.
I think it is too early to say about that, i think that it will surely take more that decade because still most of the people do not have any idea about bitcoin and i think that even if some people know about it still they are not taking any risk to invest a lot of money in crypto currency. therefore we cannot think that it will replace fiat currency so soon.
Alex3601

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2018, 05:01:58 PM

I think it takes a long way and years to happen. For now, people are more on fiat currency since it is easy and comfortable to manage by on hand cause it doesn't need a connection from internet.
jaredl

Activity: 173
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 05:22:36 PM

If you mean as a legal tender form of currencies, i do not think cryptocurrencies will overtake regular currencies.

But if you mean as a total market cap, for cryptocurrencies to overtake fiat currencies, it is only a matter of time.

Even at this point, BTC marketcap is already higher than some State backed currencies.

At the end of the day, do we really need btc or any crypto currencies to take over the role of fiat currencies?

I see both currencies serving different purposes and should survive side by side. Fiat currencies (maybe in the form of crypto)

must exist for a country to manage the economy. Without a national currency, a government will not be able to manage the

economy.

I think there could be some cryptocurrencies that will be accepted as legal tender and be used for payments, but largely I think most cryptocurrencies will be viewed as Assets. Except Japan of course as it already sees BTC as legal tender.

If cryptocurrencies are viewed as storage of value and as an asset like Gold is right now, then it will not compete with fiat currencies as

a legal tender currency. Thereby allow crypto to survive as govt will feel less threat.

TPay Wallet: TENd3idLWQq95Z1MSf2cK3JgeLUoqDf8wX

ETH Wallet: 0xa8A8106959931018E3cacFD511dAD5E1c659ea54
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 05:26:28 PM

I think it is too early to say about that, i think that it will surely take more that decade because still most of the people do not have any idea about bitcoin and i think that even if some people know about it still they are not taking any risk to invest a lot of money in crypto currency. therefore we cannot think that it will replace fiat currency so soon.

The event's speed in this world isn't constant. Each new year things happen faster than in the previous year. I believe Crypto-Currency will get enough power to overcome regular currencies faster than we imagine. The Crypto-Currencies popularity is increasing too fast and it causes a chain effect over people's minds that it's hard to predict its real potential, what we know is that it's big.

And I think people are investing hard in Crypto-Currency, some rich guys see the niche as a profit opportunity and invest hard on developers and projects. Fiat doesn't need to be replaced, it can continue existing and being used, the fact is that its hegemony will finish.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print