Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 01:51:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think cryptocurrencies have the potential to overtake regular currencies?  (Read 4059 times)
intingko

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 06:28:55 AM

however this kind of situation government accept the crypto currency  behind the point. The cryptocurrencies pose a credible threat of supplanting central-bank-issued money. Nevertheless, it's worth thinking through some of the implications if something like Bitcoin which high more than 45 per cent market share. And invest to people to overtake our government money.
alon_alon

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 06:42:43 AM

Would banks and governments actively work and implement countermeasures to undermine this process? Are the underestimating the potential of cryptocurrencies by investing in some of them?
Do you think there is a possibility of cryptocurrencies being banned in the future for the reason of being a threat to "normal" currencies?

I think so. Almost all governments across the country prohibit Bitcoin from being present in the country. One factor must be for fear that digital currencies can take over in the regular currency. But I believe in the future the digital currency will grow very rapidly.
jakoylantern

Activity: 560
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 09:37:32 AM

For me, cryptocurrencies have the potential to overtake the regular currencies regarding value, but regarding acceptance and legality, cryptocurrencies don’t have a chance. We all know that the regular currency is control by the government and central banks so that it can prevent the plagiarism, also real money is much acceptable because its legal and most of the people use it to their daily lives.  Smiley
Frank4

Activity: 22

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 09:52:00 AM

I also think so. Crypto-currencies can't replace the money, they are not designed for this.
Bugsbey

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 10:25:08 AM

Would banks and governments actively work and implement countermeasures to undermine this process? Are the underestimating the potential of cryptocurrencies by investing in some of them?
Do you think there is a possibility of cryptocurrencies being banned in the future for the reason of being a threat to "normal" currencies?

I do not think so. The government control the currency in their country. If cryptocurrency will be used, they will not be able to control it or each country might be in chaos as to who will control it. But as to cryptocurrencies,of course it is very potential. But only, it may create some negative effects to the world.
Chrisjay29

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 10:27:07 AM

yes its possible that crypto currency can overtake  the regular currencies. Because it has more secured and easy to transtract with no hassel free where ever you are. and its grow and grow everyday but mostly down >.<
Cherylstar86

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 10:39:00 PM

Yes it has but it is not possible to completely remove the fiat system,because we need internet to use bitcoin and other crypto currencies but it is not possible to have internet access in every corner and at the emergeny situation crypto currency may not be usable,so crypto and fiat will combined together to make a health economy.
Well, first of all government and the national banking system are working on how to build a new a amendments to cater the digital currency exchange now a days. This will not be the threat to a normal currency in the first place but it gives another source of income of the people in a country where the government can benefited through people exchanging money at there approved site.
Thymoty

Activity: 372
Merit: 100

CPLAY Network

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 11:41:33 PM

if as a threat to the normal currency I feel it will not be made as a reason, their most frequent reason and that they will continue to say is Bitcoin will be used to fund terrorists, Bitcoin will be used for corruption and Bitcoin is an scam investment....

▀■ ■ ▀▄      ▀ ▀ ▄ ▄██      ► C P L A Y - IDO       ██▄ ▄ ▀ ▀▀      ▄▀ ■ ■▀
ONE ECOSYSTEM FOR ALL YOUR CRYPTO NEEDS
|        App Store        |           Wallet           |        Adstation        |        2FA Shield        |
Menawi12

Activity: 700
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:52:12 AM

Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency can disrupt bussiness bank and thats why banks always hate cryptomarket. I think,banning on cryptocurrency doesnt have big effect because crypto actually decentralized and regulation just make investor more confident

───[  Blue0x | Network  ]───
─────────────[  Decentralizing Global Finance  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
kaisul67

Activity: 23

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:57:49 AM

I think it can be for some countries that have already received cryptocurrency but for countries that have not received will be very difficult because of lack of understanding of the cryptocurrency itself
nicpaig

Activity: 132

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 01:53:42 AM

Im not sure governments are going to happily accept bitcoin as a replacement for their fiat currencies. You have to ask yourself: why? what do they win doing that?

Why would governments replace their currencies, which they control, for a currency that nobody controls? It makes no sense.

I see bitcoin as a neutral asset like gold primarily, secondarily as a currency, and it will depend on the people using it or not. The big mistake is considering bitcoin before digital gold, because that's where big blockers ruin everything.

I agree with you men government not gonna give up that easily with there currency that they control and may the government be afaird of bitcoin that will rise cause nowadays the population that bitcoin has been multiple because this is also a digital gold currency that easy to earn.
jatin729

Activity: 812
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2018, 02:19:11 AM

Fiat currency has regulatory authority which will never want cryptocurrency to overtake fiat currency.
there are some reason why -
Crypto currency can be used in illegal activities like Black money etc.
Decentralize currency can never be fiat currency.

YTBitcoin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 02:47:27 AM

Yes it has but it is not possible to completely remove the fiat system,because we need internet to use bitcoin and other crypto currencies but it is not possible to have internet access in every corner and at the emergeny situation crypto currency may not be usable,so crypto and fiat will combined together to make a health economy.
The world is developing much faster and we are seeing many unbelievable thing coming to invest before us. In this age it is also possible and is not hard that internet reach to every corner of the world and in that time then it will be possible that we use bitcoin in every corner of the world any time we want. Then at that time it will be the possibility that bitcoin become much powerful that it will be thought that it will replace fiat currency.
maculeth

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

BountyMarketCap

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2018, 03:09:49 AM

to change the main currency, I think it will be difficult. because I'm sure everyone thinks bitcoin is an investment asset, not a major transaction tool. although bitcoin is also a very convenient, safe and convenient transaction tool. but it can not be denied also if everyone is more interested in bitcoin investment. so in this case, bitcoin has succeeded in replacing gold as a valuable investment asset instead of replacing the major currencies.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
misterj

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 04:05:06 AM

As we push through the cashless society era, it is highly possible that fiat money would be replace by cryptocurrency because of its security and its good way of tracking transactions. Government and banks might be against it because they cannot hide under the table transactions anymore, if ever they are bad, if not maybe just because they would not benefit from it like the way tgey did in fiat money.

██▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▄Blockchain Art Platform
█▄▀░░█▄▄▄█▄█▄▀[Twitter]  [Telegram] [Reddit] [Medium]
░░░█▄█▄▄▄█░░█▄█▄▄Tradable Assets  Unique Ownership  Proven Authenticity
Rashid555

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 04:13:34 AM

It is true that the crypto currencies capture market and i know that it has the potential to grow more but for this to overtake the other regular currencies like dollar YEN, British Pound are not easy because the crypto are fulfill some transaction but due to virtual status many people don't like this but all the currencies are goes side by side so all of these are important to me.

andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 04:18:33 AM

Yes, crypto currency have the maximum potential to overtake regular currency and this is the reason why some government,regulator and banks are against crypto currency in other to make people believe crypto currency is gamble. 

There is a big difference between having the potential to do something and actually accomplishing that something, the potential of bitcoin is great and it is almost unlimited but there are still a lot of things that need to go right in order for bitcoin to reach that goal, that is why this is something I'm not expecting as long as bitcoin still exist after many decades and it has value I am fine with that.
CryptoMoar

Activity: 450
Merit: 107

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2018, 04:45:07 AM

maybe it could happen. if all countries legalize and everyone knows how to use it then the digital currency can replace the existing currency. but it all requires a long process and requires equity of technology in all countries.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
torch2121

Activity: 210

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2018, 02:09:53 PM

For me they play important part of peoples lives. I mean Fiat and Cryptocurrency. For me fiat for every day life that we need for our daily life like foods, clothes and etc. .For cryptocurrency is a change for wealth. Rag to riches. Actually they already overtake the currencies. The only differences for me is their use for people who understand how to use them.

Joriecoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 02:28:38 PM

It is true that the crypto currencies capture market and i know that it has the potential to grow more but for this to overtake the other regular currencies like dollar YEN, British Pound are not easy because the crypto are fulfill some transaction but due to virtual status many people don't like this but all the currencies are goes side by side so all of these are important to me.

People uses both currency. But majority of the people prefer to use fiat over crypto. As for me, it is not easy for cryptocurrency to overtake regular as it needs to udergo more process. And cryptocurrency is not fully accepted to all countries.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: