Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:16:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] GME | GameCoin - Unofficial fork and Windows QT Client.  (Read 23818 times)
barwizi
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 02:47:48 PM

actually, it's not rushing considering when this coin came out. And as you can see from phenix coin, holding off from an exchange too long kills a coin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Petr1fied

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 05:37:00 PM

It was well and truly dead when we started with it. It's now an undead coin.

I don't think there's any benefit to trying to get it to an exchange until we at least have the new difficulty algorithm in place. We'll just end up with it getting pumped to a stupid difficulty by those who want to dump it and then be back at square one.

Also I'd love for it to have some tangible use outside of gambling, with a name like GameCoin it could be used for selling games online so I'm going to look into setting up a payment API like that used on bitchain.info where it forwards the payment from a temporary address to the users own address for a minimal fee. I'm pretty sure I could come up with a service like this.  Cool
jayo89 (OP)

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:11:05 AM

It was well and truly dead when we started with it. It's now an undead coin.

I don't think there's any benefit to trying to get it to an exchange until we at least have the new difficulty algorithm in place. We'll just end up with it getting pumped to a stupid difficulty by those who want to dump it and then be back at square one.

Also I'd love for it to have some tangible use outside of gambling, with a name like GameCoin it could be used for selling games online so I'm going to look into setting up a payment API like that used on bitchain.info where it forwards the payment from a temporary address to the users own address for a minimal fee. I'm pretty sure I could come up with a service like this.  Cool

We've got a similar service in the work for alt-co.in.  We're considering dropping the slot machine now that the escrow is in place, and we've got the payment API and Exchange on the way.

and I agree.  I personally would love to see GameCoin as in-game rewards, or used for in-game purchases.  Something interactive like that would be cool as hell.

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 03:45:50 AM

Well? If this gets added to cryptsy, you'd be surprised it may well trade better due to volumes.
emdes

Activity: 159

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 02:07:15 PM

Yes, gogo add it Vern  Tongue
barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 02:10:58 PM

Yes, gogo add it Vern  Tongue

pm him, the more requests he gets the more he will know people want to trade.
Sondey10mg

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 05:19:41 PM

Everyone thinks this is dead coin so everyone will just dump this coin. Wait for an exchange until the revive is complete!

*Image Removed*
 *Image Removed*
barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 06:01:12 PM

you wont revive until you have an exchange, noone mines dead coins unless they see that they can trade and profit. If it is on an exchange and difficulty is reasonable, people will then choose to mine it. otherwise in the meantime, we'd be fooling ourselves thinking the community will turn to this coin out of the blue.
sumantso
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 06:07:07 PM

Everyone thinks this is dead coin so everyone will just dump this coin. Wait for an exchange until the revive is complete!

+1

BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 06:09:50 PM

Only people that seem to want the exchange are those that wanna dump.

How about we let the devs work on getting other things established first? I know some of you are just itching to get it on the market so you can cash out and never be heard from again...

Sorry seen this with just about every coin. People only want to dump the coin and move on to the next best alt.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 06:10:18 PM

you'll join elacoin in a week, guaranteed.
barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 06:17:24 PM

How about we let the devs work on getting other things established first? I know some of you are just itching to get it on the market so you can cash out and never be heard from again...

Sorry seen this with just about every coin. People only want to dump the coin and move on to the next best alt.

if i wanted to dump, even on cryptsy, the kinds of volume i have would empty all the buy orders. but the things is people look at 3 things when they mine now, 1) coinchoose ratings, 2) difficulty 3) cryptsy price.

you have none of the above, worse this coins looses miners everyday. inactivity will kill this coin.

even if this coin went to exchange in two years, i'd still have my 150k, i'd dump it in a day and still it would crash.

i support all idea backed altcoins, this is one of them. i'd hate to see it fail because you guys think it's different. it's a alt coin, let it do what alt coins do. phenix nearly died if it wasn't for our pushing it on to market. if this coin has value it will show it at market. not on google docs exchange were people rob each other blind.
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 06:22:28 PM

if i wanted to dump, even on cryptsy, the kinds of volume i have would empty all the buy orders. but the things is people look at 3 things when they mine now, 1) coinchoose ratings, 2) difficulty 3) cryptsy price.

you have none of the above, worse this coins looses miners everyday. inactivity will kill this coin.

even if this coin went to exchange in two years, i'd still have my 150k, i'd dump it in a day and still it would crash.

i support all idea backed altcoins, this is one of them. i'd hate to see it fail because you guys think it's different. it's a alt coin, let it do what alt coins do. phenix nearly died if it wasn't for our pushing it on to market. if this coin has value it will show it at market. not on google docs exchange were people rob each other blind.

My point is BBQ stayed alive for how long?
No need for an exchange for now. When we get the base on what this coin is for then sure... look at PXC... they got the shit going before the exchange. Its doing very well. Thats because they already has shit in place... for this coin there is nothing yet.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 06:45:07 PM

for linux users, when this coin came out, we considered putting games in a repository and charging GMC to get the games. But we can't do that unless we know this coin is going somewhere, we use usd in our everyday life, i need to know how much each GMC is worth then i can safely set a price. I'm not talking out of my ass, and if you were on phenix, then u'd know i' m the one who pro actively bashed cryptsy for adding it too early. Better you let the dumpers do their thing, then in all that chaos, a price is formulated, service providers will then have a marker to use.

This coin, beacuse of it's name has quite the applications, but you have to put it out there. ya'llz ywanna hold? go ahead, it'll die like the others. .
jayo89 (OP)

Activity: 180

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 04:18:53 AM

From barwizi-

From Petr1fied -

Also I'd love for it to have some tangible use outside of gambling, with a name like GameCoin it could be used for selling games online so I'm going to look into setting up a payment API like that used on bitchain.info where it forwards the payment from a temporary address to the users own address for a minimal fee. I'm pretty sure I could come up with a service like this. 

Maybe Petr1fied knows a few things already.

I want to wait for the hard fork after the coin is actually stable. The difficulty needs to be adjusted more quickly. We need to establish a base for use other than gambling. Maybe an in-game currency like FaceBook Credits.

And if anyone knows about alt-coins, BrewCrewFan is also high on the list. Take heed on what these main posters in this topic have to say.

Furthermore, I find it hard to believe that you care about this coin at all; 18 pages in this post and you started on page 16. If I view your previous posts they include nearly every alt coin there is.

If you really want to bring value to this coin make a post and start giving away the GME in your wallet since they seem to be burning a hole in your computer.  Cheesy

-PoolMinor

Yeah, I'm getting out of the slot machine business as soon as We complete our other services and I come up with some other "game-ish" way to distribute GameCoins to the masses.  I'm considering maybe buying up a couple Steam codes or something and selling them for GME.

An important thing to remember is that value isn't only determined by how easy it is to obtain a coin, but also what it can actually be used for.  Most "successful" alts obtain value once they hit an exchange, because at that point they can be exchanged for money and/or BTC.  If there were not only games distributing coins, but also accepting them as payment, this would increase appeal.

I'm working on an easy-to-implement payment system that will make it easy for users to make deposits/purchases with GME and any other coin in their alt-co.in wallet.  Hopefully stuff like this will get more developers on board with alt-coins, meaning more purchases for end-users, and more desirability for all supported coins.

In the mean time, if anyone's got a game or anything that they need help integrating with GameCoin, give me a shout and I'll see if I can assist.

In other news, we're going ahead with the difficulty fork in the next couple days.  It will be set to kick in after a thousand blocks or so, that way there's a bit of wiggle room as far as updating clients and daemons.

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 09:50:51 AM

From barwizi-

From Petr1fied -

Also I'd love for it to have some tangible use outside of gambling, with a name like GameCoin it could be used for selling games online so I'm going to look into setting up a payment API like that used on bitchain.info where it forwards the payment from a temporary address to the users own address for a minimal fee. I'm pretty sure I could come up with a service like this.  

Maybe Petr1fied knows a few things already.

I want to wait for the hard fork after the coin is actually stable. The difficulty needs to be adjusted more quickly. We need to establish a base for use other than gambling. Maybe an in-game currency like FaceBook Credits.

And if anyone knows about alt-coins, BrewCrewFan is also high on the list. Take heed on what these main posters in this topic have to say.

Furthermore, I find it hard to believe that you care about this coin at all; 18 pages in this post and you started on page 16. If I view your previous posts they include nearly every alt coin there is.

If you really want to bring value to this coin make a post and start giving away the GME in your wallet since they seem to be burning a hole in your computer.  Cheesy

-PoolMinor

hello there, well i'll start by saying hi and welcome to the alt coin section. Here we try and make our way by mining alt coins, some better than others.

I'm a miner, trader and developer + part time troll. I'm not a scammer and i believe in fair trade. oh yeah and i'm alt-coin rich
Vilepickle

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 10:54:06 AM

Difficulty is down to .12 now.  Should be a bit more friendly to mine...

BTC: 14PzAZCW1k8aA4FFFZ55LxizQqwBR969ee
Sondey10mg

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 12:30:12 PM

I'm keeping an eye on this thread so I'll be ready to install the update!

*Image Removed*
 *Image Removed*
Petr1fied

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 09:03:10 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2013, 01:09:51 PM by Petr1fied

OK guys we have a hard fork in place which will take place at block 25200 which is 2189 blocks away at the time I type this. (Halfway between the next 2 difficulty adjust points under the original code). As we're currently on a 0.127671 difficulty and still not meeting the 2.5 minute target I expect the difficulty to go down at block 24192 for the final leg towards block 25200.

What does this hard fork change?

This hard fork took inspiration from the recent hard fork to Mincoin which in recent days has proved very effective at keeping the difficulty at an appropriate value for the network to ensure blocks are solved at or around the target timeframe consistantly.

Once you are running the new version of GameCoin, from block 25200 the difficulty will be evaluated once every 48 blocks. This should be around once every 2 hours after the difficulty stabilizes for the size of the network. Also the difficulty will come down 4 times faster than it rises so this should ensure that we're not at too high a difficulty for too long in the event we get flash miners targeting the coin.

Gamecoin specifications (up to and including block 25199)

2.5 minute block targets
2016 blocks (3.5 days) to retarget difficulty
subsidy halves in 840k blocks (~4 years)
~3360 million total coins
1000 coins per block
Scrypt based

Gamecoin specifications (Block 25200 and above)

2.5 minute block targets
2016 blocks (3.5 days) to retarget difficulty
48 blocks (2 hours) to retarget difficulty
Difficulty goes down 4 times faster than it goes up to protect against flash miners pushing the difficulty up too far.

subsidy halves in 840k blocks (~4 years)
~3360 million total coins
1000 coins per block
Scrypt based

Network Info

Default P2P port is 9776
Default RPC port is 9777

Windows - QT wallet

tyrion70 has once again kindly compiled a Windows QT wallet and you can get the download link from his blog here.

If you want to show your appreciation to tyrion70, please consider sending a donation to his GameCoin address:

GRDZb1gJWWXuDUM8JeZuKNMKRkaZFwnV9c

Mac OS X - QT wallet

Also we now have a Mac wallet courtesy of maxpower who has been spreading the Mac love recently in his [ANN] The Definitive List of Mac Altcoin Wallets thread. You can download this client here. One thing to note is that maxpower states that this client may not work on OS X prior to 10.7 Lion.

If you want to show your appreciation to maxpower, please consider sending a donation to his GameCoin address:

GYmHJ871jnynvoyjiZhcjC5bbdJGYxide5

Source Code

The current source code for self compiles can be downloaded from GitHub.

GameCoin P2Pool

Host: gme.p2pool.nl
Port: 8500
Username: Your GME Address
Password: Anything you like

Stats Page: http://gme.p2pool.nl/stats/

Share optimization for your hash rate:
Hash Rate (KH/s)             Difficulty
             1                  +0.00000116
             5                  +0.00000582
            10                  +0.00001164
            50                  +0.00005821
            100                +0.00011641
            250                +0.00029103
            500                +0.00058207
            750                +0.00087310
            1000               +0.00116414
            1600               +0.001862624

For example if you have a device which outputs 100 khash/s you can add your Username as:
Code:
GME_Address_Here+0.00011641

GameCoin Block Explorer

http://gme.p2pool.nl/chain/Gamecoins

Sites accepting GameCoin

Crypto Blackjack
alt-co.in | Slots
Sondey10mg

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 09:13:58 AM

OK guys we have a hard fork in place which will take place at block 25200 which is 2189 blocks away at the time I type this. (Halfway between the next 2 difficulty adjust points under the original code). As we're currently on a 0.127671 difficulty and still not meeting the 2.5 minute target I expect the difficulty to go down at block 24192 for the final leg towards block 25200.

What does this hard fork change?

This hard fork took inspiration from the recent hard fork to Mincoin which in recent days has proved very effective at keeping the difficulty at an appropriate value for the network to ensure blocks are solved at or around the target timeframe consistantly.

Once you are running the new version of GameCoin, from block 25200 the difficulty will be evaluated once every 48 blocks. This should be around once every 2 hours after the difficulty stabilizes for the size of the network. Also the difficulty will come down 4 times faster than it rises so this should ensure that we're not at too high a difficulty for too long in the event we get flash miners targeting the coin.

Windows - QT wallet

tyrion70 has once again kindly compiled a Windows QT wallet and you can get the download link from his blog here.

If you want to show your appreciation to tyrion70, please consider sending a donation to his GameCoin address:

GRDZb1gJWWXuDUM8JeZuKNMKRkaZFwnV9c

Mac OS X - QT wallet

Also we now have a Mac wallet courtesy of maxpower who has been spreading the Mac love recently in his [ANN] The Definitive List of Mac Altcoin Wallets thread. You can download this client here. One thing to note is that maxpower states that this client may not work on OS X prior to 10.7 Lion.

If you want to show your appreciation to maxpower, please consider sending a donation to his GameCoin address:

GYmHJ871jnynvoyjiZhcjC5bbdJGYxide5

Source Code

The current source code for self compiles can be downloaded from GitHub.

Very nice work! Now we only need to make sure everyone updates their clients!

*Image Removed*
 *Image Removed*
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: