Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 01:25:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] GME | GameCoin - Unofficial fork and Windows QT Client.  (Read 23820 times)
jayo89 (OP)

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 07:18:59 AM

No login available on an exchange/escrow service?  Seems like the one feature they would ensure is developed before launching.
Also looks like they've still got the default copyright message on the template that was used.

Haven't actually used it yet but read about it here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=198891.0 and it seems to work.
Open for alternate suggestions.

Oh it seems to be the only viable option for the moment.  I'd just be a little wary of anything that handles my money and doesn't offer me at least an account to connect all those wallets to.

Especially when the owner "developer" hasn't changed default dummy content from the template, and has typo'd the subdomain on the page.  Those were some of the issues that plagued GME when it was released the first time Wink

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
Sondey10mg

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 09:50:43 AM

Trying to keep this thing alive. Just found a block!

*Image Removed*
 *Image Removed*
Mike270

Activity: 158

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 10:30:08 AM

Trying to keep this thing alive. Just found a block!

I just got an idea - perhaps also interesting for others to participate in:
Over the next hours/days I'll do some transactions to myself with a fee of 1000 GME each, so the happy miner that gets to mine that block has a good incentive :-)

So... make sure to grab those and don't let the money go back to me ;-)
SylTi

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 10:32:17 AM

If someone was to make gmc merged minable, it would make it gain a lot of attraction.

Mike270

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 10:37:13 AM

Oh it seems to be the only viable option for the moment.  I'd just be a little wary of anything that handles my money and doesn't offer me at least an account to connect all those wallets to.

Especially when the owner "developer" hasn't changed default dummy content from the template, and has typo'd the subdomain on the page.  Those were some of the issues that plagued GME when it was released the first time Wink
Even without a login, it seems reasonable in how it works: You send, the other sends, you get it forwarded. Other one does not send within an hour, you get yours back (probably without fees, doesn't state so explicitly, but I'd assume it to be that way.
So I assume in any way that it'd be better for me to initiate any deal by sending the GMEs first since we do not know how many confirmations it takes until they are there.

BTW, jayo89, you seem quite fluent with the source code - any idea of what new diff we can expect after diff change? What minute interval does the source aim for?
Would you consider yourself able to implement a more dynamic algorithm like with BitBar, or the new one about to go live with Freicoin in ~20 blocks?
Mike270

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 10:37:51 AM

If someone was to make gmc merged minable, it would make it gain a lot of attraction.
I'm not aware of anything scrypt being merge-mineable so far.
SylTi

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 10:38:50 AM

I'm not aware of anything scrypt being merge-mineable so far.

That's exactly my point.

Mike270

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 11:16:14 AM

A transaction fee of 980 GME is waiting for whoever grabs it...
jayo89 (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 04:07:29 PM

Even without a login, it seems reasonable in how it works: You send, the other sends, you get it forwarded. Other one does not send within an hour, you get yours back (probably without fees, doesn't state so explicitly, but I'd assume it to be that way.
So I assume in any way that it'd be better for me to initiate any deal by sending the GMEs first since we do not know how many confirmations it takes until they are there.

BTW, jayo89, you seem quite fluent with the source code - any idea of what new diff we can expect after diff change? What minute interval does the source aim for?
Would you consider yourself able to implement a more dynamic algorithm like with BitBar, or the new one about to go live with Freicoin in ~20 blocks?

The difficulty change seems to follow the standard algorithm, so the difficulty is going to drop proportionally so that the average hash power over the last bit would be enough to mine coins at the target rate.  I was thinking of using a more fluid algorith that would sort of look at a "graph" of mining activity over the period, rather than an average.  ie if mining power is obviously on a sharp decline, make the difficulty lower than only a slight decline, even if the averages in those two scenarios would be the same.  This would hopefully make for difficulty adjustments that are more realisitc, preventing both an unsuitable difficulty for the whole network, or a ridiculously low difficulty that is taken advantage of by the opportunistic few.

Also, from the source code:

Code:
838: static const int64 nTargetTimespan = 3.5 * 24 * 60 * 60; // Gamecoin: 3.5 days
  839: static const int64 nTargetSpacing = 2.5 * 60; // Gamecoin: 2.5 minutes
  840: static const int64 nInterval = nTargetTimespan / nTargetSpacing;

Difficulty shift is aimed for every 3.5 days, assuming a block is found every 2.5 minutes, that gives us a difficulty retarget every 2016 blocks.

[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
Mike270

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 04:34:34 PM

Hm ok already thought so that this would be the standard algo with only slight mods. Consistent with the quick'n'dirty approach everything seems to have been done by the adaptor.
When changing the algo it will mean a hard fork, so we should be careful in getting it announced properly.
BTW, I grabbed those 980 fees myself...

Sent another transaction with 1020 fees out. Grab it !

Mike270

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 04:37:07 PM

Ok, back to business: I could be mining WorldCoins with a good profitability right now as they are freshly listed at an exchange.
Who's willing to offer 0.5 btc or 20 ltc per 50k gme , with 200k gme up for sale?
With WorldCoins I could be doing 0.75btc in the same time, so I think that's a fair deal. In Exchange I'll continue mining gamecoin keeping the net going until others start mining as long as I find buyers.
jayo89 (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 04:45:34 PM

Hm ok already thought so that this would be the standard algo with only slight mods. Consistent with the quick'n'dirty approach everything seems to have been done by the adaptor.
When changing the algo it will mean a hard fork, so we should be careful in getting it announced properly.
BTW, I grabbed those 980 fees myself...

Sent another transaction with 1020 fees out. Grab it !

Yeah, i figured any intense changes would, which is why i sort of waited until we could gather some community support/solidarity for the coin.

It'll just take some doing to find some time in my schedule for a more complex endeavour like that (This is just a hobby for me, though I do write code for a living as well).

jayo89 (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 04:47:47 PM

Guys:
Don't think we had one yet right?
http://54.244.192.52/gamecoin/chain/Gamecoin

Tips are welcome ;-)

Cheers!

Nice!  Is it alright if I post links to this and the QT client download on the GameCoin page over at alt-co.in?

Also if anyone has any c++ experience and wants to actually work on the new fork, PM me and we'll talk.

Mike270

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 04:50:09 PM

Block 19731 is proof of the 980 transaction fees I sent earlier :-)
Petr1fied

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 04:55:40 PM

I was mining up until last night (maybe 2 blocks an hour). I had to stop as I need to rebuild my mining computer inside a crate to give more air circulation. I'll jump back on it later tonight and stick with it until we hit block 20160 at least.

The standard 2016 blocks difficulty retarget certainly seems to be a coin killer at the moment. With new coins being launched every day miners hop from one coin to the next and a coin can easily end up stranded with a high difficulty and the next retarget too far away for people to continue with it.

It really needs the difficulty to be retargeted a lot faster to avoid this. Maybe once every 100 blocks.
jayo89 (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 05:01:36 PM

I was mining up until last night (maybe 2 blocks an hour). I had to stop as I need to rebuild my mining computer inside a crate to give more air circulation. I'll jump back on it later tonight and stick with it until we hit block 20160 at least.

The standard 2016 blocks difficulty retarget certainly seems to be a coin killer at the moment. With new coins being launched every day miners hop from one coin to the next and a coin can easily end up stranded with a high difficulty and the next retarget too far away for people to continue with it.

It really needs the difficulty to be retargeted a lot faster to avoid this. Maybe once every 100 blocks.

I was thinking so, but as discussed we sort of need to get everyone on board all at once to avoid a nasty hard fork and alienating half of our people.

But yeah, if the difficulty retarget was a little quicker, it'd be less prone to abuse (from being too low) and collapse (from being too high and everyone bailing out).  We would definitely see some more realistic numbers.

We'll also be wanting to add some new checkpoints for the correct side of the fork once the community decides we should go forward.

Mike270

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 05:17:12 PM

In the next few days we'll have a real-world example with FreiCoin. Mostly stranded at 1-5 blocks/day after it was hyped on bter.com, many miners jumped aboard, then difficulty quadrupled and everybody left ship right thereafter.
Barely usable right now. Having a solo-mined block from 8.5. that's still not reached maturity.
I'm sending my fpga hashing power there right now as there's a planned fork in ~15 blocks where they introduce a new diff adaption algo that should act much faster (144 last blocks taken into account as to my understanding, diff can halve within that many blocks).
Also with the other unique concepts of Freicoin I think it's one of the most interesting coins.
Should keep an eye out for how it turns out for the coin with the new algo.
Also as a side note for traders: At the hard fork there'll be a hard diff adjustment to 1/4 of current diff, so profitability should immediately jump from ~25% to ~100%, offering interesting possibilities for miners that are mining at that time and also for traders...
And for gamecoiners as a research model... :-)
Mike270

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 05:20:04 PM

Seems my offer can be interpreted the wrong way, so here I try again:
I'm willing to sell 200k GME for BTC or LTC.
Price expectation: 0.5BTC per 50k GME.
This offer goes along with the service to keep mining Gamecoin as long as I can get them sold and/or more miners jump aboard.
jayo89 (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 06:13:16 PM

In the next few days we'll have a real-world example with FreiCoin. Mostly stranded at 1-5 blocks/day after it was hyped on bter.com, many miners jumped aboard, then difficulty quadrupled and everybody left ship right thereafter.
Barely usable right now. Having a solo-mined block from 8.5. that's still not reached maturity.
I'm sending my fpga hashing power there right now as there's a planned fork in ~15 blocks where they introduce a new diff adaption algo that should act much faster (144 last blocks taken into account as to my understanding, diff can halve within that many blocks).
Also with the other unique concepts of Freicoin I think it's one of the most interesting coins.
Should keep an eye out for how it turns out for the coin with the new algo.
Also as a side note for traders: At the hard fork there'll be a hard diff adjustment to 1/4 of current diff, so profitability should immediately jump from ~25% to ~100%, offering interesting possibilities for miners that are mining at that time and also for traders...
And for gamecoiners as a research model... :-)

Yeah, difficulty would've exactly quadrupled.  I'm pretty sure that's the ceiling on difficulty increases.

Also, sounds like FRC is doing some interesting things, The only issue I have is that to my understanding demurrage is not done by the system, but rather by the proprietors of exchanges etc.is that the case or am I confused?

Mike270

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 07:11:47 PM

Also, sounds like FRC is doing some interesting things, The only issue I have is that to my understanding demurrage is not done by the system, but rather by the proprietors of exchanges etc.is that the case or am I confused?
Depends on point of view. My understanding that demurrage means to deduct a fixed percentage of your balance with each new block on the network.
The wallet/client does this automatically as it's directly hooked up to the blockchain.

Most exchanges, however, are built in a way that they detect incoming transfers and book them to their internal account that they have set up for you. Since this account then is independent of the account via which you did your payments, they have to implement it themselves. bter.com deducts a fixed amount per day independently of the blockchain, others may choose other methods.
So imo it's not a fault of Freicoin, but rather something the implementors of Exchanges have not thought of in the design of their software, they expected balances only to change through payins and payouts, but not "out of thin air".
So basically nobody is to blame(you cannot plan for every unthought-of-eventuality), they just need to adopt their design.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: