Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:22:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC as a national currency?  (Read 12564 times)
jualidbitmixer

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 03:46:43 AM

Just hoping that bitcoin will become national currency, but I think it takes a tons of decades before it happen.

I will never happen i think, you need to make a new country for bitcoin to become a national currency lol. Actually it's not really hard to make bitcoin become a national currency, the problem is we need to make people trust to use bitcoin as a payment and i'm sure some big and high tech countries will use bitcoin for online currencies someday.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
davids

Activity: 735
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 03:51:59 AM

Bitcoin will not be a national currency. If it becomes the national currency then there will be control and regulation by the government (central bank) and this eliminates the decentralized system of bitcoin, besides the bitcoin can not be used offline
DrGuns4Hands

Activity: 910
Merit: 550

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 04:33:37 AM

nope bitcoin won't risk with it. because it's likely to have a war between government and the bitcoin. bitcoin is fine at its state right now because it is a decentralized currency. not stable but it's good. but the possible things to happen was to use bitcoin as a daily currency for buying goods. soon it will be implemented i believed in bitcoin since 2013 so up until now Smiley
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 04:48:11 AM

I am pretty sure about it and I don't think that any country will adopt Bitcoin as a national currency because not everyone is capable of using Bitcoin and since Bitcoin or any crypto currency requires constant internet, it is risky to label it as the main currency. Here is the best example of why we won't have fully virtual internet currency as a national currency.

* Somalia's internet outage costing country $10 million a day.

P.S - This opinion does not consider micro countries like the Sealand. They are free to use anything even stone as their national currency.
Similificator

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 04:54:31 AM

So as far as we know BTC currency is growing wide, do you think there will be when it become a national currency?If yes, why?If not, why?

As long as the goverment and banks cannot make money out of bitcoins, i say not. Because that is just what they are after. They wouldn't even care how useful bitcoins is. They will make it look bad as much as they can because they cannot get sht from it. Plus bitcoin has no physical property. And by physical i mean something we can literally hold in our hands and put in our pockets which we can also trade offline.
speedy963

Activity: 631
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 05:11:24 AM

So as far as we know BTC currency is growing wide, do you think there will be when it become a national currency?If yes, why?If not, why?

As long as the goverment and banks cannot make money out of bitcoins, i say not. Because that is just what they are after. They wouldn't even care how useful bitcoins is. They will make it look bad as much as they can because they cannot get sht from it. Plus bitcoin has no physical property. And by physical i mean something we can literally hold in our hands and put in our pockets which we can also trade offline.
I agree with you my friend, as far as I am concern though the government wont just sit back and just watch it as the time pass by, or I don't think they wouldn't take any immediate action unless they would make money from it. And according to what you also said that they would only do something that could make bitcoin bad, But i guess they would be joining the community in such time.
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 05:11:47 AM

Where are nations in globalization? That is the first thing I ask myself when I start to think about this question and many other similar ones. I didn't want mmf to control my paycheck but they are dusng that and much more, will bitcoin be a national currency doesn't depends from us, who ask us ordinary people?
This is nice discussion, let's open more questions. Japan legalized bitcoin, if they rid of traditional Jen what currency will they use? Next legal one is bitcoin, or they will make their own crypto currency? Pretty same situation is with other countries, what will other countries do? Japan and other countries that legalized bitcoin didn't have referendum about it, why do anyone think that we ordinary people have a vote in this?

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
quarkyplum

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 05:17:41 AM

Bitcoin will not be a national currency. If it becomes the national currency then there will be control and regulation by the government (central bank) and this eliminates the decentralized system of bitcoin, besides the bitcoin can not be used offline
In my opinion, this is the main reason Bitcoin in today still do not get accept from government because they understand Bitcoin is decentralized system and the most user use Bitcoin like this nature.  Grin
ultrloa
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1228

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 05:21:50 AM

WTF? Do you see any E-currency made as national currency? this is so sarcastic idea where never had any strong holdings on why this one would be happen and people should remember that every country has its own currency and it is their national symbol that's why bitcoins will never be a national currency but this one will became an alternative currency to anyone globally.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 07:49:13 AM

It will never happen. This would mean the governments will not have any control over the money their people uses.
Losing control over their people will be troublesome, so they will never allow it. It would mean that they can no longer
control inflation too.
I'm not even sure that bitcoin will ever be recognized as a currency. All States to be afraid of, and even Japan has recognized bitcoin only as a payment instrument. I think this route will go to other States to have the legal right to take taxes from bitcoin users.
Bitcoin will be known as recognize as a currency around the world soon because as the approach of bitcoin going to beat a lot of currency then it can be the world only currency which will be used by people around the world so I would like to say that bitcoin will be the only 1 currency which will make a record to become around the world currency.
Alpinat

Activity: 840
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 08:09:25 AM

No it can't because of the process i guess of bitcoin, when we are sending funds to another person using bitcoin their is a process that blockchain will confirm it, so if we use this bitcoin as a national currency all of the citizens will take too long to transfer money to another people.
kuryadi

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Buglab.io

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 09:01:27 AM

I think bitcoin is not suitable to be the national currency .. because bitcoin prices are always changing. This will make the seller will be confused to determine the price in the market. When a buyer uses bitcoin maybe at that time bitcoin price corresponds to the price of the goods .. but in the next day bitcoin price will change .. there are two possibilities that will happen .. bitcoin price will go down which causes the seller's loss and bitcoin price rise so the seller It's getting profit ..

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
yadi cihuy

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 09:17:57 AM

There may be some countries that legalize the use of bitcoin. Bitcoin can be used as a currency. But in my opinion this is not effective because it can harm the seller. If we see the price of fluctuating bitcoin .. make the price rise or fall in a short time. Maybe if the price goes up the seller will get keuntungam but if the price goes down they will lose. I think bitcoin can be an alternative payment not as a legall currency. We can transact using bitcoin without any party harmed in the future. On this day many online stores and companies are receiving bitcoin as an alternative payment

Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 10:43:30 AM

Bitcoin just can't become some country's national currency, but international currency it is the other talk, which is pretty possible. I think that Bitcoin can move on US dollar and Euro from this position. countries can create their national digital currencies, that is not going to be a problem. But I can guarantee all this crypto will never reach the same success as bitcoin did.
ladydark

Activity: 686

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 11:47:45 AM

USD has been the national reserve currency of most of world countries.If a country decides to make bitcoin as its national currency,then it has to change all of its currency in to bitcoin.Definitely,it would affect the importance of USD.Liberland,a small european nation has already announced bitcoin as its national reserve currency.By this way,it has saved most of expenses which would had been used to print new currencies.Some even say that,if a country accepts bitcoin as a national currency,then its economy would collapse due to its volatility.So,it would be hard for other big countries to announce bitcoin as their national currency.

Afnan_faizah

Activity: 784
Merit: 176

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 01:19:52 PM

I think bitcoin should be international currency. Probably when most of countries are accept bitcoin there are will be some countries which do that.

Sepertinya sudah waktunya, kalau menurut saya lebih baik lump sum sekarang. 30/01/2024.
Rieeir

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 01:59:55 PM

Btc can't be a national currency because the very idea of it is that it is international and isn't controlled by any government
Wandika

Activity: 508
Merit: 250

In CryptoEnergy we trust

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 02:40:44 PM

I think bitcoin should be international currency. Probably when most of countries are accept bitcoin there are will be some countries which do that.
It should be but will never be. Btc is not yet that popular and it doesn't use yet by any merchants. It will took lots of process to name it as a international  currency though it can be used internationally already for transaction payments.

dragonusa9

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 02:45:25 PM

that is possible, but the rate of bitcoin always fluctuating too fast. that make this cant be international currency.
and i dont think some country would adopt this currency, its not like everybody in the country can use internet and there is any internet connection especially middle to lower.
or else fiat and bitcoin can be collaborating together.
kidoseagle0312

Activity: 1092

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 03:05:24 PM

Bitcoin as a national currency is advisable only if the fellow citizens in the country are well verse into bitcoin. But if not, of course it is not a good idea to make it national currency, it maybe in the end they will blame bitcoin bitcoin of it volatility.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: