Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:03:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC as a national currency?  (Read 12562 times)
Kevondo

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:17:10 PM

bitcoin can not become National currency.Because it needs to be Internet connection for Trancaction.Everyone can not be able to use service without Internet.
It can't be a become national currency but it can be used by the community as the world's currency since everyone would love to use bitcoin for transacting. There are people who are sticking to bitcoin now and mostly relying their lives with it.

This is enough for us. I don't have a personal requirement like being a national currency for bitcoin. It's volatile and not suitable for being a national currency as a result of this.
It is true bitcoin is not having a exit price and not being so famous but if it is not volatile then people will not buy much bitcoin and they will not show keen interest for bitcoin investment, even now when yet bitcoin is not a legal and regular currency it is very famous and a lot of marketplaces are accepting bitcoin payment and hope soon government will make bitcoin as legal currency and it will be good for the power of bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ggg123

Activity: 375
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:34:28 PM

Umm let's be realistic. I really love how Bitcoin effects the world but I just don't think it'll happen in the near future. Seems like some states want to create their own cryptocurrencies. But still no one can make a definite prediction. Considering the world is crazy.. Who knows?  Cheesy
brickafterbrickwalldpt

Activity: 294
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:34:48 PM

Well, there are some unrecognized countries in the world that use bitcoins as their national currency. That's where I first heard about bitcoin, with Liberland, a small country proclaimed by some dude that was supposed to span across a small chunk of disputed land between Serbia and Croatia. But apart from that being a really bad idea, the idea for bitcoin to be the currency used there isn't good. Bitcoin is more of a store of wealth, not something you'd buy your groceries with.

HODLER Open Source Multi-Asset Wallet infrastructure test with $2000 worth of bitcoin for the participants. Read more here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5032817.msg46184177#msg46184177
Bandon

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:44:36 AM

As Bitcoin continues to grow in popularity and garner more attention by investors, everyday users and even politicians, the inevitable reality of Bitcoin becoming a national currency is on the horizon. Such a currency contains the potential to prevent the financial roller coaster that is being observed in nations such as Venezuela and Zimbabwe. Yet, in the interim, early adopters will face many challenges and impediments as they transition into a Bitcoin-based monetary system but such bumps will pay off in the long term.
Vanshenz

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:46:04 AM

bitcoin will not be the national currency of any country, because bitcoin is created for the whole world, so if it is made into one state currency then bitcoin certainly is not owned by everyone.
best ever

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:27:18 PM

So as far as we know BTC currency is growing wide, do you think there will be when it become a national currency?If yes, why?If not, why?

First of all it is not a currency in the direct meaning of this word, and it is created to be used globally. Thus BTC is international cryptocurrency.
tittensor

Activity: 443
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:54:31 PM

bitcoin can not become National currency.Because it needs to be Internet connection for Trancaction.Everyone can not be able to use service without Internet.
It can't be a become national currency but it can be used by the community as the world's currency since everyone would love to use bitcoin for transacting. There are people who are sticking to bitcoin now and mostly relying their lives with it.

This is enough for us. I don't have a personal requirement like being a national currency for bitcoin. It's volatile and not suitable for being a national currency as a result of this.
It is true bitcoin is not having a exit price and not being so famous but if it is not volatile then people will not buy much bitcoin and they will not show keen interest for bitcoin investment, even now when yet bitcoin is not a legal and regular currency it is very famous and a lot of marketplaces are accepting bitcoin payment and hope soon government will make bitcoin as legal currency and it will be good for the power of bitcoin.
First of all, you need to know the reason why do the government should accept Bitcoin is legally? Imagine you are the government, ask yourself: "Can Bitcoin give you more benefits than disadvantage?". I have did that, so, I understand why the government can not accept Bitcoin in many countries.
emoji00

Activity: 168
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:48:00 PM

Umm let's be realistic. I really love how Bitcoin effects the world but I just don't think it'll happen in the near future. Seems like some states want to create their own cryptocurrencies. But still no one can make a definite prediction. Considering the world is crazy.. Who knows?  Cheesy

A government backed crypto is just another fiat. Inflationary, regulated, fiscalised, etc... Perhaps a bit easier to transfer but that´s all. I would not like to have any of it.
Javathon

Activity: 169

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:44:30 PM

No, it can affect the economy in many ways, and a national currency has to be controlled by the government which destroys the characteristic of bitcoin as a decentralized currency.
Lecam

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:51:31 PM

So as far as we know BTC currency is growing wide, do you think there will be when it become a national currency?If yes, why?If not, why?

I really think this is possible but in the far future. If bitcoin will be acknowledged by a lot of people, government, business establishments and a lot more, bitcoin can be used for our daily transactions and life. It is convenient to have bitcoin because it makes transactions safer and easier.
djselery
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:04:16 PM

Bitcoin is decentralized and anonymous, so it can't being a national currency for sure. Governments and banks prefer always to deal with controlled currencies, that's why they keep supporting their fiat currencies.
Maybe they will launch their digital currencies but will never make BTC as supported national currency.
lalunalaguna

Activity: 127
Merit: 43

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:09:42 PM

Bitcoin as a nationa currency of any country across the world? I bet that was too far from reality to make happen because bitcoin was a cryptocurrency and it is merely decentralized so for me it cannot be a national currency. I think it will be just enough if we will just stick into what bitcoin really is right now to be used by all people across the globe and do not need to evenly adapt it to be a national currency since all the countries have already their own types of currencies set by their own country.
domari

Activity: 146

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:21:58 PM

I do not think that will happen. Why ? Because bitcoin can not be related to banks and also bitcoin is very contrary to the bank. And the government also has not legalized bitcoin. If bitcoin becomes the national currency then maybe not one country but all countries.
syberwolfen

Activity: 790
Merit: 261

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:01:16 PM

I do not think that will happen. Why ? Because bitcoin can not be related to banks and also bitcoin is very contrary to the bank. And the government also has not legalized bitcoin. If bitcoin becomes the national currency then maybe not one country but all countries.

There is no possibility abiut bitcoin being national currency there are possibility that countries can adapt blockchain technology to have their own crypto currencies like Venezuela is planning to have their own crypto coin named PETRO so we can expect these kind of countries to use bitcoin as the best alternative for currency if bitcoin gains stability.

Am I spamming? Report me!
JCLee

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:14:42 PM

What you say is perfectly possible to be true even though the BTC is not currently popular, little known and even banned in some countries around the world. At present, the world's currencies are being used offline mainly, online payments are mostly made through intermediaries, and BTC is the opposite, only used when there is an Internet connection. For that reason, I believe the BTC will be the currency of the future - when the form of online payment becomes popular in the world.  Grin

Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:16:35 PM

There is no possibility abiut bitcoin being national currency there are possibility that countries can adapt blockchain technology to have their own crypto currencies like Venezuela is planning to have their own crypto coin named PETRO so we can expect these kind of countries to use bitcoin as the best alternative for currency if bitcoin gains stability.

Exactly, most governments wants to control their finances and so wouldn't let bitcoin see the light of day in their jurisdictions but they will rather create theirs and be able to control it like you said of venezuella and i also know of the United Arab emirate and their impending emirate coin.
todiefor17

Activity: 344
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:55:14 PM

bitcoin will not be the national currency of any country, because bitcoin is created for the whole world, so if it is made into one state currency then bitcoin certainly is not owned by everyone.
Bitcoin is the international currency because as you're saying , noone can control it which means it's not belong to anything so Bitcoin isn't a national currency .

andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:43:06 AM

It is unlikely that is going to happen anytime soon, bitcoin is too expensive and too slow for that to happen and no country is going to willingly give up their rights to print their own currency, only a country that is destroyed by a war or by their own government is going to adopt bitcoin that much.
Joyalice

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 02:14:22 AM

I think it's possible to have a crypto in currency ( states can create their own crypto ) but it will never be bitcoin because countries and banks won't let bitcoin become their currency.
napi

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 02:44:03 AM

bitcoin into the national currency seems very difficult because of the very limited availability of bitcoin makes the circulation of bitcoin very dense if bitcoin is made into the national currency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: