Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:00:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC as a national currency?  (Read 12566 times)
sherlock_h

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

Byteball: DAG, Built-in Chat, Conditional Payments

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:15:33 PM
Merited by soros017 (2), wilson_bitbybit (2)

I think it is the future. But at the current conditions, you can't expect something like this to happen. Despite the fact that it is a great store of value, Bitcoin is not yet ready for thousands of microtransactions per second.

The good news is that we are getting closer and closer to having Lightning Network. Weeks ago we had the first LN transaction in the mainet. That's right, mainet, not testnet.

⚪ Byteball (https://byteball.org/)     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1608859.0)          TELEGRAM (https://t.me/byteball)          TWITTER (https://twitter.com/ByteballOrg)          MEDIUM (https://medium.com/byteball)          SLACK (https://slack.byteball.org/)          REDDIT (https://www.reddit.com/r/ByteBall/)
cryptodad

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:38:10 PM

Bitcoin is a digital currency.you can use Bitcoin globally.
Cherylstar86

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:58:30 PM

Bitcoin is a digital currency.you can use Bitcoin globally.

Honestly, pushing into a national currency as of this time is hard to tell but we are continuing to pursue to happened. What maybe the basis of this speculation to tell weather its a No,will comes out the circumstances of bitcoin having a volatile in its value.
jonemil24

Activity: 448
Merit: 59

imagine me

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:03:58 PM

On this moment, Bitcoin cannot live to it's reputation as a new currency. With high fees and slow transactions BTC is facing right now; I see it only as a store of value like gold. But BTC is more usable than gold, you can send it to others via the internet easily, you just have to wait for it, unlike gold that is not easily transported and uses many papers just to transport it to another country or people, BTC is more convenient than gold.

Normally, if given a choice to do something and nothing, I choose to do nothing.
But I will do something if it helps someone else to do nothing.
I'd work all night if it meant nothing got done.
- Roy Swanson
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:18:39 PM

I think it will ever became a national currency. Not everything can become a national currency it needs respect and correct used to became one I can agree that Bitcoin solve a lot of problem with her being unsolved for ages but that doesn't mean it will became the national currency. National currency represents the nation and its people and we know that Bitcoin is not from Nation or any country it refers people from all over the world. Let's assume Bitcoin as a partnership company where everyone is a part of shareholder of a small share on that company.
Javathon

Activity: 169

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:31:13 PM

There are many threats that bitcoin can give to a country especially the misuse of the coin in illegal things and the unstable price that can affect the economy if a large volume of it is inside the country.
aencarnaci

Activity: 448
Merit: 281

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:41:21 AM

I do not know how far this is. Currently Japan has officially announced the use of Bitcoin as a legitimate currency. Bitcoin regulation in Japan is governed by an agency that also manages the currency of the yen. The agency is named Financial Services Agency. Not only in Japan, some other countries also respond positively to the existence of Bitcoin.
Bitcoin can become a national currency and it will be in future I am not sure which country will make it but that country will be the best money making nation of the world and the fact is right everyone will apply for their visa to earn in their country and if I get a chance I also want to world in that region and chances are bright to this assumption also so wait and see which region will be the first to take initiative,
arielman

Activity: 116

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:51:32 AM

Bitcoin is a much-needed digital currency that still does not enjoy a very positive attitude from people.
People are still quite reluctant, but in the future, it is very likely to become the national currency in some countries.

Just as in the case of bitcoin, on a smaller scale, it happened in the case of bank cards, where no one trusted in the beginning. Now everyone uses one. Do you think it is hard for people to become receptive to adopting this coin? I do not believe, especially because this  type of coins are not under the domination of governments.
Good tbc

Activity: 115

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:16:22 AM

Bitcoin cannot be use as a national currency, because it has not been globally accepted yet.Also it cannot be used off-line, and the cost of internet will first be put into consideration. The non literate will have a challenge of managing their wallets.Government and Banks are not yet in support of cryptocurrency, when Bitcoin is Globally accepted it can also become a National currency. 

websoftwareengineer

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

Blockchain with VTOS energy

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:41:04 AM

Maybe in the future bitcoins will become a national currency but as of today that is very impossible to happen. Not everyone can manage to earn bitcoins because they do not have enough money to invest or cannot even afford to have a decent computer.

⚫ ▬▬     V T O S   |   Decentralized CDN & Social Network     ▬▬ ⚫
  Whitepaper    JOIN OUR ICO  >  MAY 28th  <
FACEBOOK               MEDIUM               TWITTER               GITHUB               TELEGRAM
Wittycoin

Activity: 696

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:19:31 AM

So as far as we know BTC currency is growing wide, do you think there will be when it become a national currency?If yes, why?If not, why?
I dont think bitcoin will become a national currency because as we know,  bitcoin has been used by many people around the world,  and each country's currency are backed by their government.
ChrisSand

Activity: 72

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:50:15 AM

It is more like the people's currency rather than owned by one or some government. To think of it, bitcoin had already shaken the worlds currency and is still doing good.
LoudA__

Activity: 241

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:59:12 AM

So as far as we know BTC currency is growing wide, do you think there will be when it become a national currency?If yes, why?If not, why?

Maybe yes , cause btc have the potential to be a national currency .

That is not gonna happen, do you even think what will happen to bitcoin when it happens? Bitcoin will not be decentralized and the government will be messing with it until they are satisfied and a lot of bitcoin holders and investor will be affected. Bitcoin can be a global currency which I think is somewhat happening today, and I think that is great.
Kulafu

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:14:38 AM

BTC it could not be a national currency.
Many people dont have access on internet.
if the currency is digital many people will starve.
I guess 1/2 of the population.

DATAREUM.NET  |  A DECENTRALIZED MARKETPLACE FOR DATA
━━━━━⚫     Pre-ICO starts at APR 28, 2018     ⚫━━━━━
ChrisSand

Activity: 72

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:17:56 AM

Better to invent a physical money for Btc to be considered as national currency. LOL Well it is already trying to change the economy right now, who knows what will happen next?
GideonGono

Activity: 2058
Merit: 501

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 06:14:13 PM

Bitcoins will become a national currency. But there is still plenty to go before it becomes a national currency. There are so many conversations that happen and definitely there are those who oppose it. But hopefully when it comes to the right time it's possible to use Bitcoins as one of the forms of Payment. Even with simple transactions we can use it.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Pujangga

Activity: 1078
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:47:36 PM

May be suitable only to be an alternative way of payment because I think it is very dangerous if the state makes bitcoin for the main currency, this is because bitcoin can not be controlled.
mahesagord

Activity: 33

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 07:17:35 PM

It would be very difficult to use bitcoin as the national currency because the process involved in doing bitcoin transactions is very difficult unlike vague money that is not accompanied by difficulties in using it.
Bitcoin can not be used offline you must have smartphone and internet connection in order to transact in bitcoin.
Secondly because of the bitcoin price volatility it would be very costly for any government to keep it as the national currency.
morrisby25

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 10:23:59 AM

Bitcoin's present state is not suitable to become national currency mainly because of its unstable price which changes every so often. Bitcoin being a nationwide forex can be taken into consideration if its cost gets steady but as of this moment its far from happening
There is also a problem in scalabilities. Expert try to solve it by try to do fork, but I am not sure that it is good idea. Bitcoin users are very much now. I think its enough to make bitcoin survive. Bitcoin isn't to become a national currency.
To become a national curreny is the best award for any of currency and this is not easy task. Bitcoin is still not too popular and have not still enough followers and values in world that it will become national currency of any country but yes it is true that bitcoin is in the way of getting large number of users and popularity so this will increased chances of becoming bitcoin as a national currency.
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:14:59 AM

Bitcoin's present state is not suitable to become national currency mainly because of its unstable price which changes every so often. Bitcoin being a nationwide forex can be taken into consideration if its cost gets steady but as of this moment its far from happening
There is also a problem in scalabilities. Expert try to solve it by try to do fork, but I am not sure that it is good idea. Bitcoin users are very much now. I think its enough to make bitcoin survive. Bitcoin isn't to become a national currency.
To become a national curreny is the best award for any of currency and this is not easy task. Bitcoin is still not too popular and have not still enough followers and values in world that it will become national currency of any country but yes it is true that bitcoin is in the way of getting large number of users and popularity so this will increased chances of becoming bitcoin as a national currency.
It can’t be a national currency, I’m in support of the reasons other people that are also opposing has given. But other reasons, which are my main reasons for saying it can’t be is that Bitcoin (BTC) is Decentralized, so it can’t serve as a national currency, since the world is making use of it.

Even if any government wanted to convert their national currency to cryptocurrencies, it wouldn’t be Bitcoin, it would be something Centralized and being used only in that country.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: