Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:06:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC as a national currency?  (Read 12558 times)
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:26:24 PM

So as far as we know BTC currency is growing wide, do you think there will be when it become a national currency?If yes, why?If not, why?

Why not!Its a big possibility for that because btc now makws people unforgetable experience for earning income.Maybe its not only national currency but i must prepare for international currency because it was really a demand to all over the world right now.

If bitcoin became a national currency, it's decentralized feature will be brought down that means bitcoin will not be decentralized anymore. That also means that bitcoin will not also be a volatile digital currency since they are not decentralized anymore and the government will control it's number and circulation and that will be a disaster for some bitcoin users.

And the "unforgettable experience" you are saying about earning income will become no more.
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
innocent93
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:34:29 PM

So as far as we know BTC currency is growing wide, do you think there will be when it become a national currency?If yes, why?If not, why?
To become a national currency it must have a positive influence over the politicians or rather giving them no other option then to accept it like a fiat coin, till then i can tell that BTC is an international coin.
Nyeyzel

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 05:08:27 PM

Bitcoin will not go to be a national currency because the government does not accept bitcoin because of the decentralized system. And if it becomes a national currency, I think there will be no control from the government and in banking. And some strong country can build their own national digital currencies if they need it in future.
Paycoinzzz

Activity: 994
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 10:47:27 PM

Bitcoin can never become national currency. Bitcoin still not popular enough, Most of people don't know what is bitcoin. So first bitcoin has to become popular and on the top its a banned currency in most countries. Government will never accept it due to its disadvantage and fact called "anonymous".
But i think some countries have already accepted bitcoin as legal currency, and we have a very good example of Japan who have a very strong economy and still they accepted bitcoin as legal currency, i think that in future so many other countries will also accept bitcoin as legal currency because of the good feature of bitcoin and people interest.
in fact, even before the legalization of Bitcoin from today's situation, a very long way, and the nationalization of the crypto currency is even more labor and time-consuming. But I'm sure that no state will go to make Bitcoin a national currency. This is a threat to national security.
Centainly, use Bitcoin as a national currency just make the people of that country become crazy to investing more money in this speculative market.
The government can not make their country become a country for other countries make money.
I think this reason made the Chinese government decided to banned cryptocurrency.
Irwandho

Activity: 83
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 11:05:14 PM

Bitcoin, for now, is not suitable to become a national currency of any country. Bitcoin's value is too volatile so a product or service will always change in price with respect to the price of Bitcoin. Also, a transaction fee is there with every transaction, this is not practical in using in a daily basis. It will be hard for the government to control the scenario. So if a country will make Bitcoin as its national currency then they have to regulate it first.
I quite agreed with you that bitcoin is too volatile to be used as a national currency , bitcoin being volatile will cause inflation in that particular country that adopted it as a national currency and coupled with the fact that bitcoin is decentralized I.e it is not controlled by anybody will even makes it much more difficult to be used as a national currency.

widely that Bitcoin can not be the national currency of any country because Bitcoin is not suitable for daily transactions.
Jose Rizal

Activity: 273
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 11:39:16 PM

This will never happened cause first things firsy government wil never agree to this, rhey will not allow a decentralized currency rule the world due to the fact that they cannot have the rights to control, how about the tax? Rhis will be non existent if the national currency will be Bitcoin and a cashless society will not be a great idea.

djsugar

Activity: 686
Merit: 262

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:35:49 AM

I strongly believe that this would NEVER happen. First and foremost, how can one even expect a decentralized currency to take over as the national currency?
Second, only a small percentage of the world knows what Bitcoin and CryptoCurrency is, and it would take years for people to understand it.
Third, given the extreme volatility of Bitcoin, no one would ever consider it to be equal to fiat money. It can make people go bankrupt within days and might lead to more suicides.
Hence, it would NEVER be considered as a national currency.
Vlack

Activity: 39

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:46:46 AM

Seeing it go to 20k, then down to 6k then up 11k, then 7k, even it suddenly becomes stable for many years, I just can't see a country using it as a national currency.
Rubble898zaitO

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:13:10 AM

Yes Bitcoin is awesome and all but I really don't think it is suitable and ready to be a national currency of any country. Its volatile nature and being digital will not be a reasonable in using for a daily usage for regular people who would buy stuff from wet market, small book shop and some kiosk newsstand. I believe that Bitcoin is a great digital currency and it will remain as it is but it will not be a national currency of any country.
DooDKoK

Activity: 16

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:33:37 AM

This view overwrites bitcoin may be too heavy. Are you sure that when you use the money in your country without loss? Not only because of the bitcoin but also of any currency, there are always scammers who want to seize it if we do not care and privacy. Each currency is valid in every country but bitcoin is not dependent on any country so it is always taken care of by scammers.
ROB18

Activity: 380
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:46:43 PM

Yes Bitcoin is awesome and all but I really don't think it is suitable and ready to be a national currency of any country. Its volatile nature and being digital will not be a reasonable in using for a daily usage for regular people who would buy stuff from wet market, small book shop and some kiosk newsstand. I believe that Bitcoin is a great digital currency and it will remain as it is but it will not be a national currency of any country.

Yes, correct. I don't thing BTC will going to be a national currency. Maybe it will represent like gold but not the currency itself. Maybe a basis to create a legal tender in terms of another crypto that will be use as the national currency. If one countries assets, like gold or any other resource will be tokenize, then bitcoin could be the basis of this. Then from there, another crypto should be release by the government as legal tender. Bitcoin itself, no.

███   ████     Bitgesell's first yearly halving is coming in less than a month!     ████   ███
B I T G E S E L L      BUY BGL/USDT NOW AT DIGIFINEX
██               ████████     •     Telegram     •     Twitter     •     ████████               ██
jeluhtajem

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 01:48:58 AM

As of the moment, Bitcoin is still in the progressive stage and not all citizens of a country are aware about Bitcoin. Yes Bitcoin already shown the potential but not to the point that it will replace the current currency of a country. Bitcoin must pass (if ever) the tribunal comunity of a Government to be accepted as a mode payment and let the process dictates whether it has the capability of being a National Currency.
Xcode7

Activity: 1106
Merit: 412

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:05:21 AM

Less suitable if bitcoin becomes the currency of the country. because the nature of bitcoin is as a digital investment is not a currency. but I'm sure maybe there will be new things in the future that will make the revulation in the currency

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Wellyan

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:10:18 AM

Less suitable if bitcoin becomes the currency of the country. because the nature of bitcoin is as a digital investment is not a currency. but I'm sure maybe there will be new things in the future that will make the revulation in the currency
bit difficult if bitcoin wants to become a currency. because the bitcoin itself now also gets a lot of pressure. maybe this is also a political step to get bitcoin down
arctic circle

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:17:57 AM

Bitcoin has really grown very well over the years, but in the meantime it has not grown at all, only one level, which makes many people fear the fall of Bitcoin, but that's not possible. In the future, if Bitcoin develops, it will surely be developed by the nations and made a currency
imking

Activity: 406
Merit: 117

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 09:34:51 AM

I agreed the popularity of the bitcoin is growing wide and wider, but I don’t think bitcoin will be a national or an international currency. Why? We all know there are 195 countries in the world. Only 79 countries recognize the bitcoin, or the bitcoin is legal, and there are seven countries don’t recognize the bitcoin or the bitcoin is illegal. The remain 116 countries we don’t know if they legal or illegal the bitcoin. In the end, it is too far to acknowledge the bitcoin as a national currency because nobody owned the bitcoin.
Mr.John19

Activity: 350
Merit: 109

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 02:00:16 PM

I think not. It will be never being the national money of the one state and never be the international currency because the bitcoin framework is decentralized and has fluctuating cost. The bitcoin not possessed by the administration. Governments require control over the money their residents use before they brought in national currency. If bitcoin not decentralized, we can utilize the bitcoin as national cash.
Joushi

Activity: 80

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 02:12:40 PM

I don't think it will happen.Because all the state will not agree to replace their currency with bitcoin
knight20

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 02:18:50 PM

What county will adapt and embrace that bitcoin should be their national currency. Although it is a good Idea, but do you think the people of that specific will agree that their local currency will be replaced by bitcoin. Maybe in other country but we don't know if there will be.
romeo23

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 02:23:34 PM

No. Absolutely not..If you read back into the the history of money, this becomes very clear. What we call “money” is the means of exchanging value within an economic context. An economic context is a country. The organization created to define the rules within a country we call “government”. So quite logically, the role of government is to define money.Our predecessors tried and abandoned quite a lot of alternatives. If you want to use an old form as example, you are arguing for what those who came before discarded, as it did not work well.We live in an unusual time. In my lifetime “money” was like air - it just worked.Reading back into history, mostly “money” was very often a problem. The notion clearly had value, as folk for reason have been trying different schemes for centuries.Will national governments someday adopt use of cryptocurrencies? Yes!But there is absolutely no reason to adopt any of the current crop. A national government will take the underlying algorithms, make allowance for the laws of the country, and cook up a new cryptocurrency to exact fit.Which makes Bitcoin a collectible, like stamps or beanie babies. Nothing else.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: