Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:42:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Meetup near OC?  (Read 3879 times)
mogrith
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001

Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 09:35:27 PM

I'm RSVP on that one also as Paul.

1st time for me.

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
auto2nr1

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 09:58:42 PM

I am close enough to OC. Should we set up something?
The 4ner (OP)
aka newbitcoinqtuser

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

R.I.P Silk Road 1.0

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 10:08:28 PM

I'm up for it.  Grin
JonHolmquist

Activity: 169
Merit: 101

Jon Holmquist

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 11:54:35 PM

Might I recommend moving it to the 29th to be on Bitcoin Friday? Smiley

I'm pretty sure that a lot of people will be with there family's on that day, Black Friday.

It can be late just for a little bit. I'll be in Vegas with family, but anyone in the area might be able to still meet.

beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 02:07:27 AM

looks like i'll be meeting some of you guys at the november 21st meet.. be sure to mention this forum  Lips sealed

i wonder if that bar on the 21st will accept bitcoins?
beetcoin

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 09:34:18 PM

ugh, i might be occupied with something on the 21st.. guess i might have to wait until the next time.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 11:08:19 AM

http://www.meetup.com/OC-Bitcoiners/

6:30pm

Bootlegger's Brewery
130 South Highland Avenue, Fullerton, CA

You're invited to a Liberty on the Rocks - Orange County event!

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
chadwickx16

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 04:52:03 PM

Bootlegger's Brewery

See you there!

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████████
░░░░███████████████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███████████████
░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████████████
░░████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░░██████████
░░░████████████░
░░░░█████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░▀███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████████████████
░░░░░▄▄██████████████████████████████████
░░░░█████████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████
░░███████████
░██████████▌
▐█████████▌
▐█████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
▐██████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
░███████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░▐████████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░▐███████████████▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄████████████████
░░░░███████████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███

███
███
!
#
HOMEPAGE
ANNOUNCEMENT
JOIN US ON SLACK
The 4ner (OP)
aka newbitcoinqtuser

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

R.I.P Silk Road 1.0

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 11:32:03 PM

Bootlegger's Brewery

See you there!

I have class that hour Undecided
Maybe next time.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 11:52:14 PM

Bootlegger's Brewery

See you there!

I have class that hour Undecided
Maybe next time.

Come by after class, its more than an hour drive for me so am expecting to stick around for a while at least.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
beetcoin

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 01:20:22 AM

i don't think i can make it.. i have to drive someone to LAX at 6. probably won't be able to make it until 8. i wonder how long the meetup will last?
mogrith
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001

Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 09:59:04 PM

I left a little after 10:00PM but Liberty and others were still there.

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp
beetcoin

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 12:31:22 AM

so who was who? i left a little after 10 myself.. i didn't talk to a whole lot of people, maybe 6 or 7. i ended up meeting libertarians/anarchists more than i did bitcoin enthusiasts. i felt it was more of a liberty on the rocks meetup than bitcoin.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2013, 01:45:08 AM

so who was who? i left a little after 10 myself.. i didn't talk to a whole lot of people, maybe 6 or 7. i ended up meeting libertarians/anarchists more than i did bitcoin enthusiasts. i felt it was more of a liberty on the rocks meetup than bitcoin.

Was there until closing.  Good times, and good people.
All the conversations were about bitcoin and other cryptocurrency with a few exceptions.  Not much politics or philosophy.

beetcoin

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 02:54:00 AM

Was there until closing.  Good times, and good people.
All the conversations were about bitcoin and other cryptocurrency with a few exceptions.  Not much politics or philosophy.

lol, i guess i got entangled in the wrong crowd then.. because the whole time it was anarchists going back and forth with me.

i came more for the discussion about bitcoin and less about philosophy and civic government. one of the guys i spoke to wasn't as "into" bitcoin since he bought at $30ish right when the bubble hit.. and then he sold off at $15. the other guys i spoke to were late comers and were in school.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2013, 03:58:51 AM

All the conversations were about bitcoin and other cryptocurrency with a few exceptions.  Not much politics or philosophy.

lol, i guess i got entangled in the wrong crowd then.. because the whole time it was anarchists going back and forth with me.

i came more for the discussion about bitcoin and less about philosophy and civic government. one of the guys i spoke to wasn't as "into" bitcoin since he bought at $30ish right when the bubble hit.. and then he sold off at $15. the other guys i spoke to were late comers and were in school.

Much brainpower is lost to discussions of politics, so sad.
But life is long and there will be another in a month, or so I hear.

beetcoin

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 04:00:58 AM

is this meetup held once per month at the bootlegger's brewery? i don't feel like i got what i came for. maybe i'll have better luck next time.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2013, 04:07:16 AM

is this meetup held once per month at the bootlegger's brewery? i don't feel like i got what i came for. maybe i'll have better luck next time.

We had wide ranging conversations from mining tricks, to new alt coins, to hard currency basics and bitcoin history going.  I don't remember anything political at all, but must have just missed that subgroup.

beetcoin

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 04:09:33 AM

We had wide ranging conversations from mining tricks, to new alt coins, to hard currency basics and bitcoin history going.  I don't remember anything political at all, but must have just missed that subgroup.

were you guys sitting on the bench in the open area, or by the jenga blocks? i was standing by the cooler.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2013, 04:17:40 AM

were you guys sitting on the bench in the open area, or by the jenga blocks? i was standing by the cooler.

I don't remember the cooler, and not near the Jenga.
Closer to where the pizzas made their appearance...

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: