Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:59:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Meetup near OC?  (Read 3881 times)
mogrith
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001

Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 09:35:27 PM

I'm RSVP on that one also as Paul.

1st time for me.

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
auto2nr1

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 09:58:42 PM

I am close enough to OC. Should we set up something?
The 4ner (OP)
aka newbitcoinqtuser

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

R.I.P Silk Road 1.0

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 10:08:28 PM

I'm up for it.  Grin
JonHolmquist

Activity: 169
Merit: 101

Jon Holmquist

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 11:54:35 PM

Might I recommend moving it to the 29th to be on Bitcoin Friday? Smiley

I'm pretty sure that a lot of people will be with there family's on that day, Black Friday.

It can be late just for a little bit. I'll be in Vegas with family, but anyone in the area might be able to still meet.

beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 02:07:27 AM

looks like i'll be meeting some of you guys at the november 21st meet.. be sure to mention this forum  Lips sealed

i wonder if that bar on the 21st will accept bitcoins?
beetcoin

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 09:34:18 PM

ugh, i might be occupied with something on the 21st.. guess i might have to wait until the next time.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 11:08:19 AM

http://www.meetup.com/OC-Bitcoiners/

6:30pm

Bootlegger's Brewery
130 South Highland Avenue, Fullerton, CA

You're invited to a Liberty on the Rocks - Orange County event!

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
chadwickx16

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 04:52:03 PM

Bootlegger's Brewery

See you there!

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████████
░░░░███████████████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███████████████
░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████████████
░░████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░░██████████
░░░████████████░
░░░░█████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░▀███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████████████████
░░░░░▄▄██████████████████████████████████
░░░░█████████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████
░░███████████
░██████████▌
▐█████████▌
▐█████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
▐██████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
░███████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░▐████████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░▐███████████████▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄████████████████
░░░░███████████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███

███
███
!
#
HOMEPAGE
ANNOUNCEMENT
JOIN US ON SLACK
The 4ner (OP)
aka newbitcoinqtuser

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

R.I.P Silk Road 1.0

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 11:32:03 PM

Bootlegger's Brewery

See you there!

I have class that hour Undecided
Maybe next time.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 11:52:14 PM

Bootlegger's Brewery

See you there!

I have class that hour Undecided
Maybe next time.

Come by after class, its more than an hour drive for me so am expecting to stick around for a while at least.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
beetcoin

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 01:20:22 AM

i don't think i can make it.. i have to drive someone to LAX at 6. probably won't be able to make it until 8. i wonder how long the meetup will last?
mogrith
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001

Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 09:59:04 PM

I left a little after 10:00PM but Liberty and others were still there.

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp
beetcoin

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 12:31:22 AM

so who was who? i left a little after 10 myself.. i didn't talk to a whole lot of people, maybe 6 or 7. i ended up meeting libertarians/anarchists more than i did bitcoin enthusiasts. i felt it was more of a liberty on the rocks meetup than bitcoin.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2013, 01:45:08 AM

so who was who? i left a little after 10 myself.. i didn't talk to a whole lot of people, maybe 6 or 7. i ended up meeting libertarians/anarchists more than i did bitcoin enthusiasts. i felt it was more of a liberty on the rocks meetup than bitcoin.

Was there until closing.  Good times, and good people.
All the conversations were about bitcoin and other cryptocurrency with a few exceptions.  Not much politics or philosophy.

beetcoin

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 02:54:00 AM

Was there until closing.  Good times, and good people.
All the conversations were about bitcoin and other cryptocurrency with a few exceptions.  Not much politics or philosophy.

lol, i guess i got entangled in the wrong crowd then.. because the whole time it was anarchists going back and forth with me.

i came more for the discussion about bitcoin and less about philosophy and civic government. one of the guys i spoke to wasn't as "into" bitcoin since he bought at $30ish right when the bubble hit.. and then he sold off at $15. the other guys i spoke to were late comers and were in school.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2013, 03:58:51 AM

All the conversations were about bitcoin and other cryptocurrency with a few exceptions.  Not much politics or philosophy.

lol, i guess i got entangled in the wrong crowd then.. because the whole time it was anarchists going back and forth with me.

i came more for the discussion about bitcoin and less about philosophy and civic government. one of the guys i spoke to wasn't as "into" bitcoin since he bought at $30ish right when the bubble hit.. and then he sold off at $15. the other guys i spoke to were late comers and were in school.

Much brainpower is lost to discussions of politics, so sad.
But life is long and there will be another in a month, or so I hear.

beetcoin

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 04:00:58 AM

is this meetup held once per month at the bootlegger's brewery? i don't feel like i got what i came for. maybe i'll have better luck next time.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2013, 04:07:16 AM

is this meetup held once per month at the bootlegger's brewery? i don't feel like i got what i came for. maybe i'll have better luck next time.

We had wide ranging conversations from mining tricks, to new alt coins, to hard currency basics and bitcoin history going.  I don't remember anything political at all, but must have just missed that subgroup.

beetcoin

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 04:09:33 AM

We had wide ranging conversations from mining tricks, to new alt coins, to hard currency basics and bitcoin history going.  I don't remember anything political at all, but must have just missed that subgroup.

were you guys sitting on the bench in the open area, or by the jenga blocks? i was standing by the cooler.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2013, 04:17:40 AM

were you guys sitting on the bench in the open area, or by the jenga blocks? i was standing by the cooler.

I don't remember the cooler, and not near the Jenga.
Closer to where the pizzas made their appearance...

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: