Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:26:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm starting to get fucking pissed (BFL)  (Read 13628 times)
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 11:50:13 AM

Sell your preorder to a greater fool.

^ best idea but i don't think anyone will buy it now as everyone knows that BFL is not going to ship anything soon.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
baloo_kiev

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 12:22:08 PM

^ best idea but i don't think anyone will buy it now as everyone knows that BFL is not going to ship anything soon.

Look here http://bfl.ptz.ro/ New orders are reported every day.

PGP: 6EC48BA7
Welcome to my p2pool: BTC
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 01:39:12 PM

I would tread very careful about speaking poorly about BFL, Josh. Your namesake at Butterfly Labs will punitively cancel your order as has been demonstrated already.

You now risk retaliation.

There are three things of a Man that you don't mess with.

1.)His Ego
2.)His Woman
3.)His Money

I have 2 pre-orders for Asic SC Singles. I have had it with BFL and their shit. It is easy for someone to say "Oh well just get your refund".

1. I am upgrading from BFL Singles
2. I don't want a refund, I want what I ordered

Getting a refund would be loaning BFL my hard-earned money to do what they want with it, and giving it back to me at no interest months later.

I am tired of these Useless updates from BFL_Josh. They need to hire useful workers and equipment and release the product that so many of us paid for close to a year ago. I don't care if they lose profit, I don't care if BFL_Josh has to put some of his own money to make it happen, they were optimistic with our money, and failed to have a structured business plan. They should be penalized, not us.

And also, to all of the "I told you so" people with sigs saying BFL is a scam, I don't care what you say. You guys just started posting as the delays began and act like you predicted all of this months into the future. You guys aren't helping the cause at all, you all just piggy backing the next guy and putting the same crap in your sig and saying the same things wanting to feel accomplished. Reminds me of "Yes we can" supporters.

Josh
Malawi

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

One bitcoin to rule them all!

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 03:16:38 PM

Look here http://bfl.ptz.ro/ New orders are reported every day.

Is's at least a couple of weeks since I looked at that one last time. Noted that a couple of the early orders have flagged their order as delivered.

BitCoin is NOT a pyramid - it's a pagoda.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 03:36:45 PM

I would tread very careful about speaking poorly about BFL, Josh. Your namesake at Butterfly Labs will punitively cancel your order as has been demonstrated already.

You now risk retaliation.

There are three things of a Man that you don't mess with.

1.)His Ego
2.)His Woman
3.)His Money

I have 2 pre-orders for Asic SC Singles. I have had it with BFL and their shit. It is easy for someone to say "Oh well just get your refund".

1. I am upgrading from BFL Singles
2. I don't want a refund, I want what I ordered

Getting a refund would be loaning BFL my hard-earned money to do what they want with it, and giving it back to me at no interest months later.

I am tired of these Useless updates from BFL_Josh. They need to hire useful workers and equipment and release the product that so many of us paid for close to a year ago. I don't care if they lose profit, I don't care if BFL_Josh has to put some of his own money to make it happen, they were optimistic with our money, and failed to have a structured business plan. They should be penalized, not us.

And also, to all of the "I told you so" people with sigs saying BFL is a scam, I don't care what you say. You guys just started posting as the delays began and act like you predicted all of this months into the future. You guys aren't helping the cause at all, you all just piggy backing the next guy and putting the same crap in your sig and saying the same things wanting to feel accomplished. Reminds me of "Yes we can" supporters.

Josh

Ok then create a sock puppet account and go on a ranting spree. Then no harm done right?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

yxt
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 03:41:33 PM

simple:

refund now, do not look back.
Never make a business with them again.

or wait, read this "delivery in 14 days" bullshit for another X months
may get a device sometime or get nothing when bfl is insolvent

I think they have real cash flow problems ...
everything fits together on this assumption

Complaining is silly. Either act or forget.

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██
██
██
██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 03:54:40 PM

Hardware is hard, remember this is custom hardware, it isn't like plans sit on the self and you can just modify those.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 04:03:00 PM

Hardware is hard, remember this is custom hardware, it isn't like plans sit on the self and you can just modify those.

It is only hard if you have never done it before. Otherwise it is just like building and shipping any other physical product.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
wrenchmonkey

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 04:09:13 PM

It is only hard if you have never done it before. Otherwise it is just like building and shipping any other physical product.

Cool. So when will you be shipping your line of ASIC hardware?

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 04:19:57 PM

Simples, set your own two week theory, and then in two weeks make a real decision based on the fact that was the last two week limit you were prepared to take.

Something may happen in two weeks from now, and you can make a more informed decision.

Something might not happen, and you can safely say that was the last two weeks of my life I was prepared to give to BFL.

That said the OP is in the more awkward position of being a previous buyer with a trade-in device, and he is paying half the original retail price for the goods. In effect he has less to loose, as he is paying less than a quarter of the current retail price for gh/s per US$... Huh

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
tigerfree
Legendary

Activity: 1015

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 04:55:15 PM

bro if they cant do it why did you make it in first place and there many ASIC company shipped there product . 
Ozymandias

Activity: 644

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 05:04:19 PM

In two weeks (tm)
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 05:45:31 PM

bro if they cant do it why did you make it in first place and there many ASIC company shipped there product . 

What, two?

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
bassclef

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 05:59:04 PM

It's hard if your only business experience is running an international mail order scam for six years.
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 06:17:47 PM

this is what i would do too!

In fact, i just might!

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 06:31:42 PM

It's hard if your only business experience is running an international mail order scam for six years.

Absolutely.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 07:07:22 PM

I asked for refund 4 days ago and nothing has happened yet. Not even an email reply.

How long does it usually take?
Sometimes a half a month according to dave. (if you are asking about a reply)
Some folks have waited up to 2 months. (If you live overseas)
warhawk187

Activity: 327

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 07:39:19 PM

In the same boat here, and emailing BFL nicely resulted in a useless "We don't know when we will be shipping." response over a week later. Either take the refund and try and go the DIY route or wait "two more weeks" til eternity. Going after them legally will only make it harder for them to ship their orders if they even have the necessary funds to do so as is. Although the longer this BS goes on, more people will ask for refunds, especially if the DIYers can get Avalon chips on boards by July.

Frizz23

Activity: 1162

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 07:47:57 AM

And also, to all of the "I told you so" people with sigs saying BFL is a scam, I don't care what you say. You guys just started posting as the delays began and act like you predicted all of this months into the future. You guys aren't helping the cause at all, ...

Many of the (so called) "Clowns against BFL" crew realized pretty quickly that there's no way that BFL can keep their promises. They informed people about BFLs shabby business business methods (blatant lies, stringing customers along and along, advertising units that don't (and probably will never) exist) as "Order now", etc.).

This did happen as early as mid of last year.

Given BFLs track record of failures, you didn't have to be a genius to predict all of this:
- no way to reach 1GHash/s per Watt
- no way to ship in October 2012
- no way to ship 400 units a day

But people fell for this. And still do (you can still postings on here like "Should I order a 5GH unit from BFL?")

The "Clowns against BFL" sort of counterbalanced all the BFL Google Ads and Ads on this forum here.

So imho your statement ("You guys aren't helping the cause at all") is not true.

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
BBQKorv

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 08:59:47 AM

Just trying to spread the information about BFL's problems so newbs wouldn't waste their money in high risk companies like BFL.

Even GPUs are lower risk than BFL at the moment, there is Litecoin and many new coins where you can make extra quick ROI if you get lucky. I personally got lucky like 5 times in a row so my ROI on GPUs was just a couple of weeks per purchased batch.

I'm feeling good about not jumping in to this pre-order BFL gamble. Avalon batch 1 and 2 are something I would now be ordering if I could go back in time.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: