Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:36:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alternatives to Electrum?  (Read 1447 times)
jklp (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 02:02:11 PM

I've been playing around with a couple of Bitcoin wallets recently, and have stumbled upon Electrum. 

For me, this wallet is really appealing as I don't have the resources to maintain the blockchain on my machine, and I don't really like the idea of handing over my coins to Blockchain / Coinbase to store, and Electrum seems to be that nice compromise.  The big disadvantage though is the UI is terrible, and I'm really put off using it. 

Just wondering if there are any other wallets which are similar in structure to Electrum, or other wallets which don't involve me having to trust another company with all my coins?
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 02:22:50 PM

If you have any android based cellphone or tablet download android client and i there's one more multibit.
RoxxR

Activity: 208
Merit: 148

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 02:45:30 PM

I've been playing around with a couple of Bitcoin wallets recently, and have stumbled upon Electrum.  

For me, this wallet is really appealing as I don't have the resources to maintain the blockchain on my machine, and I don't really like the idea of handing over my coins to Blockchain / Coinbase to store, and Electrum seems to be that nice compromise.  The big disadvantage though is the UI is terrible, and I'm really put off using it.  

Just wondering if there are any other wallets which are similar in structure to Electrum, or other wallets which don't involve me having to trust another company with all my coins?

True, Electrum's half-baked UI is its biggest drawback IMHO...
Such a shame as it's a real solid & fast client otherwise.

If using Windows, have you tried flatfly's branch of it? It looks more polished as
he's using a more modern graphical toolkit to build it.
See this screenshot.

Official thread:
 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=73651.0
jklp (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 10:13:43 PM

Thanks, unfortunately I don't use Windows, nor do I have an Android phone :/ 

The Windows version does look slightly better than the Mac one, might be worth installing Parallels again ...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: