Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 07:39:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple Confirms China Expansion Plans  (Read 1854 times)
sheld0n (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 06:32:54 PM

Ripple is opening up about its plans to enter one of the world's largest markets in China. In new statements to CoinDesk, the San Francisco blockchain startup aimed to address rumors that first appeared last Thursday on XRP Chat, a forum dedicated to gossip and commentary on both the company and its technology. In short – yes, the blockchain company is planning to set up operations in China, but no, it's not doing so with the help of one of the region's e-commerce giants.
lakimens

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

PVxYGaa1UZM6oDqW3ZKe4Esi18DgwBpDkr

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 07:11:44 PM

Problem with Ripple is that they're not spreading the coin, just the technology.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
invest2lose

Activity: 141
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 07:15:37 PM

https://www.xrpchat.com/topic/8471-my-conversation-with-david-schwartz-aka-joel-katz/?tab=comments#comment-81400
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 07:21:56 PM

Problem with Ripple is that they're not spreading the coin, just the technology.

The coin is used on the ledger, so the tech comes before the coin.
Everything I've seen points to XRP being used in the long-term. The alternatives (banks using their own coin, etc) don't make financial sense.
invest2lose

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 07:27:51 PM

Everything I've seen points to XRP being used in the long-term. The alternatives (banks using their own coin, etc) don't make financial sense.

people are going to miss out on being rich due to this type of fud.
Mett33

Activity: 200
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 07:29:25 PM

They have to spread technology to spread coin. They do the right thing.

"The stock market is a device for transferring money from the impatient to the patient" Warren Buffet.

So calm down everything will come.
ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 07:31:54 PM

Ripples problems are many. One of the biggest is continuous misinformation just like op again. It is not a San Francisco Company as no xrp sales tax is paid in California and it is certainly not a Blockcain. Blockchains dont loose data because it gets overwritten and supply does not become less form time to time.

China is as good as cash less this days.  Just about every payment is with WeChat and to a lesser extend Alipay mobile phone apps.
It is instant and 100% free, in fact you get paid using it (occasionally).
It goes as far as Apple complaining about its phone being used exclusively for one app.

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
fatlever

Activity: 254
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 07:37:19 PM

Yeah, I missed out  buying XRP at $.30 when someone tipped me on ANS was $.55.  I missed so much gains but still got $7.95 NEO.  I don't care about  what's in circulation vs escrow, there are $100 billion XRP total.  In order for XRP to be just $1, the real XRP marketcap would be $100 Billion.  How likely is that?!  Pretty much for XRP to be $1, it's like XRP would have to be larger than the entire crypto space.  

Are to risk money for a 4X gain that seems very unlikely?
invest2lose

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 07:48:13 PM

Yeah, I missed out  buying XRP at $.30 when someone tipped me on ANS was $.55.  I missed so much gains but still got $7.95 NEO.  I don't care about  what's in circulation vs escrow, there are $100 billion XRP total.  In order for XRP to be just $1, the real XRP marketcap would be $100 Billion.  How likely is that?!  Pretty much for XRP to be $1, it's like XRP would have to be larger than the entire crypto space.  

Are to risk money for a 4X gain that seems very unlikely?

as more banks sign on to use xrp/ripple, the value of xrp will climb. we're not talking 4x gains here.
xFiber

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 07:50:57 PM

So they're announcing that they have plans to work in China. That just seems like a desperate attempt to pump some life into cripple. I am soo glad I didn't invest into this dying coin.
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 08:20:41 PM

So they're announcing that they have plans to work in China. That just seems like a desperate attempt to pump some life into cripple. I am soo glad I didn't invest into this dying coin.

The question is, has Ripple actually achieved any of their plans? Does anyone actually use either their tech or their coin?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
fatlever

Activity: 254
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 08:31:50 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2017, 01:19:01 AM by fatlever

as more banks sign on to use xrp/ripple, the value of xrp will climb. we're not talking 4x gains here.

Banks are going to buy straight from Ripple at a discount not from us.  Plus, there were 2,006,543,234 more XRP released and sold between Jan. 1 2017 and today.  Think about that!  Now add the billions that XRP bagholders can't wait to dump if the price rises to a level where they don't feel they lost too much money.
NavySeals

Activity: 371

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 09:01:04 PM

The question is, has Ripple actually achieved any of their plans? Does anyone actually use either their tech or their coin?

Well, they are only plans. They give a road map, and we don't see any of them happened. They early said that they will hire lots of engineers and developers. I don't see expansion of the developer team.

This China plan is the same story like others.
thebatletbet

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 09:09:24 PM

i think is very good if riple(XRP) promote and expanse market to china
and added to major china exchanger, huobi and okcoin, because major altcoin litecoin and etherum is ready open market in china exchanger
Insanerman

Activity: 1162
Merit: 450

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 12:11:22 AM

i think is very good if riple(XRP) promote and expanse market to china
and added to major china exchanger, huobi and okcoin, because major altcoin litecoin and etherum is ready open market in china exchanger

Indeed, XRP is suffering almost 50% drop already from its previous higher price. I hope XRP management is aggressive to push this move since China is a huge market  demands. Time to accumulate? Smiley
MadPanda

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 02:17:22 AM

I'm glad ripple is expanding I know plenty of people who are invest  but I just cant do it...I mean don't you guys see this coin as the Anti Crypto? Sure its a well structured idea but I means the whole idea of crypto is to be decentralized right? Unless you don't mind  throwing principles out the window.

Tipstar

Activity: 1778
Merit: 280

Smart World Global Token

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 02:56:12 AM

I'm glad ripple is expanding I know plenty of people who are invest  but I just cant do it...I mean don't you guys see this coin as the Anti Crypto? Sure its a well structured idea but I means the whole idea of crypto is to be decentralized right? Unless you don't mind  throwing principles out the window.

True. Though being advertised as a cryptocurrency, the Ripple pvt co. is as centralized as possible and would probably sell users data to the authorities like the traditional payment gateways do.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

kolap

Activity: 301

In Crypto We Trust

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 05:05:02 AM

It's probably already too late.

Ethereuming

Activity: 75

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 05:27:55 AM

In China there are cash money. In the US there are debts. So China move is needed.
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 05:35:51 AM

For international payments China is a must be. We need a trustable network to make payments. I already know Ripple made some good agreements with Regulated Banks all around the world.
And also today ripple price is really nice to invest in.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: