Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:24:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] B1TCASH - New Cryptocurrency  (Read 11136 times)
BitPorium

Activity: 590
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 03:29:43 AM

Hi everyone,

There is a new B1tes Mining Pool that you can use at your own risk. It's still in beta, so loss of funds is possible. And there are no warranties for loss of B1tes!

Here is the B1tes Mining Pool address: b1tes.net
im getting err_too_many_redirects

There is something wrong with the domain configuration. Looking to fix it now. Thanks Grin
Hey, looking good. It works on my end now and I see you found some blocks. Hey I suggest you update/change the market section so people can't say that they thought they were mining monero. Also, maybe since that will be the official site of the coin maybe make a regular site explaining the coin and stuff then make it something like pool.b1tes.net for the pool. Just so people can be informed about the coin on the official site as well as get resources and such.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
b1tes (OP)

Activity: 77
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 07:10:55 PM

Hi everyone,

There is a new B1tes Mining Pool that you can use at your own risk. It's still in beta, so loss of funds is possible. And there are no warranties for loss of B1tes!

There is something wrong with the domain configuration. Looking to fix it now. Thanks Grin
Hey, looking good. It works on my end now and I see you found some blocks. Hey I suggest you update/change the market section so people can't say that they thought they were mining monero. Also, maybe since that will be the official site of the coin maybe make a regular site explaining the coin and stuff then make it something like pool.b1tes.net for the pool. Just so people can be informed about the coin on the official site as well as get resources and such.

Thanks. I'll work on updating the site!

I've got this payment error: Error with transfer RPC request to wallet daemon {"code":-4,"message":"Wrong amount"}

I'd like to know how are you solving this issue.
BitPorium

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 08:34:53 PM

Hi everyone,

I've got this payment error: Error with transfer RPC request to wallet daemon {"code":-4,"message":"Wrong amount"}

I think it may have something to do with not having the block maturity set to 60.
b1tes (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 08:37:51 PM

Hi everyone,

I think it may have something to do with not having the block maturity set to 60.

Ok. Thanks. I've just set it to 60.
b1tes (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 08:43:00 PM

Hi,

A new cryptocurrency called B1tes was launched on August 16th, 2017.

It's a cryptonote based currency.

The launch of the B1tes project is purely academic. In cryptonote.org, I found a whole set of resources that I can learn from, like starting a coin, creating a GUI wallet, setting up a mining pool, testnet, processing payments, mining, interaction with the blockchain, blocks relaying, getting info about the block, peer list look up, connections look up, transaction pool information and relaying, wallet creation, financial operations, sending, receiving, checking for incoming transfers, etc. Additionally, I'm interested in storing data in the blockchain to write messages, timestamp documents, etc.

I'm the only dev in this project.

Premine? No premine - first block mined on Aug. 18th, 2017
POW/POS? Proof-of-Work (POW)
Block times? 120 seconds
Currency ticker: B1T
Block rewards? 17 B1T
Algorithm?  CryptoNight - hash-based Proof-of-Work (PoW) algorithm

Network seed nodes: 54.232.255.65:50005; 52.15.118.78:50005

Port used by the daemon to establish connections with p2p network: 50005

Port used by the daemon to interact with simplewallet (RPC)  = 40004

B1tes source code is available at: https://github.com/b1tes/b1t

GUI wallet for windows. Only works on 64 bit versions (thanks to Bitcoin Forum member BitPorium):
http://www.mediafire.com/file/68pz4dqoal8ngb9/b1tesQT64.zip

B1tes mining pools:
     - http://b1tes.bpgmr.com
     - http://b1tes.net

- Connection details:
          - Mining Pool Address: b1tes.bpgmr.com or http://b1tes.net
          - Mining Ports:
               - Port: 3333
                    - Starting Difficulty: 100
                    - Description: Low end hardware
               - Port: 5555
                    - Starting Difficulty: 2000
                    - Description: Mid range hardware
               - Port: 7777
                    - Starting Difficulty: 10000
                    - Description: High end hardware

For linux users, instructions on how to:

1. Install B1tes blockchain
2. Create a B1tes wallet and mine B1tes

1. Install B1tes blockchain:
- open your command line terminal
- Execute the following commands to get the dependencies needed in order to setup the environment to run the B1tes blockchain:
          - sudo apt-get install build-essential
          - sudo apt-get install git
          - sudo apt-get install cmake
          - sudo apt-get install libboost-all-dev
- Clone B1tes source code:
          - create a directory called b1tes by running the command:
                    - mkdir b1tes
          - enter the b1tes directory by running the command:
                    - cd b1tes
     - clone B1tes source code by running the command:
                    - git clone https://github.com/b1tes/b1t.git
          - enter the b1t directory by running the command:
                    - cd b1t
          - build b1tes source code by running the command:
                    - make
          - wait until building b1tes source code is 100% complete
          - enter the build directory by running the command:
                    - cd build/release/src/
          - download B1tes blockchain by running the command:
                    - ./b1tesd  
          - leave this terminal command line open, as B1tes blockchain is being downloaded and synchronized to the network.
          - and open a new terminal command line in order to create a B1tes walled and mine B1tes. (You’ll only be able to create a B1tes wallet and mine B1tes if the B1tes blockchain is being downloaded and synchronized to the network on another terminal command line.)

2. Create a B1tes wallet and mine B1tes:
          - complete instructions 1 in order to create a B1tes wallet
          - and open a new terminal command line in order to create a B1tes walled and mine B1tes
          - enter B1tes build directory by running the command:
                    - cd ~your_directory~/b1tes/b1t/build/release/src
          - create a B1tes wallet by running the command:
                    - ./simplewallet
          - follow the instructions in order to Generate a new wallet by giving a wallet file name and password
          - finally, inside simplewallet’s command line program, start mining B1tes by running the following command:
                    - start_mining        

This post now has a Turkish translation: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2132485.msg21314065#msg21314065

Thanks to Bitcoin Forum member igotek. Good job!
b1tes (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 09:29:30 AM
Last edit: September 04, 2017, 08:14:45 PM by b1tes

Hi everyone,

I've stopped running the B1tes blockchain on Blockchain Height 8943. And I will launch a new B1tes blockchain with no premine based on Monero, Forknote, Aeon or Boolberry source code on September 18th, 2017.

There is an article titled "Disclosure of a Major Bug in CryptoNote Based Currencies" posted on getmonero.org, here is the link: https://getmonero.org/2017/05/17/disclosure-of-a-major-bug-in-cryptonote-based-currencies.html

According to the article, this bug “allows for the creation of an unlimited number of coins in a way that is undetectable to an observer unless they know about the fatal flaw and can search for it.”

Monero, Forknote, Aeon and Boolberry have fixed this bug. For this reason I will launch a new B1tes blockchain with no premine based on one these blockchains on September 18th, 2017.

I would like to thank you all for your enthusiasm with the B1tes project.

Murash13

Activity: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 05:20:04 PM

Hi everyone,

I've stopped running the B1tes blockchain on Blockchain Height 8943. And I will launch a new B1tes blockchain with no premine based on Monero, Forknote, Aeon or Boolberry source code on September 18th, 2017.

There is an article titled "Disclosure of a Major Bug in CryptoNote Based Currencies" posted on getmonero.org, here is the link: https://getmonero.org/2017/05/17/disclosure-of-a-major-bug-in-cryptonote-based-currencies.html

According to the article, this bug “allows for the creation of an unlimited number of coins in a way that is undetectable to an observer unless they know about the fatal flaw and can search for it.”

Monero, Forknote, Aeon and Boolberry have fixed this bug. For this reason I will launch a new B1tes blockchain with no premine based on one these blockchains on September 18th, 2017.

will the premiere be in 2 weeks?
hitscan

Activity: 630
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 05:54:20 PM

how can i save my coins?

b1tes (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 08:19:57 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2017, 12:09:41 AM by b1tes

Hi hitscan,

On linux ubuntu, it's saved in the directory /home/~yourusername~/.b1tes. Your coins are saved in a file name called b1teswallet.wallet in the /home/~yourusername~/.b1tes directory.

On September 18th, 2017, I will launch a new B1tes blockchain (please read the quote below for more info), so you are not going to be able to use these coins anymore.

Hi everyone,

b1tes (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:14:10 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2017, 02:01:51 PM by b1tes

Hi everyone,

I would like to know from users who have mined B1tes coins if you prefer that a new B1tes blockchain be launched:

- on September 18th, 2017 with no pre-mine
- or in two/three months with pre-mine in order to exchange your OLD B1tes coins with NEW B1tes coins.

In case you decide that OLD B1tes coins be exchanged with NEW B1tes coins, the conditions for the exchange will be as follows:

- only transactions timestamped until September 4h, 2017, 12:12:54 a.m. UTC will be exchanged
- only transactions timestamped up to blockchain height 8975 will be exchanged
- you will have to send me an email informing your NEW B1tes wallet address along with your OLD B1tes *.wallet file as an attachment.
- I will then send you NEW B1tes coins if the conditions above are met.
- As for your OLD B1tes wallet file sent to me, its entire balance will be sent to another OLD B1tes wallet, that will then be deleted/destroyed.

unstreet

Activity: 250
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 01:44:50 AM

Hi everyone,

I would like to know from users who have mined B1tes coins if you prefer that a new B1tes blockchain be launched:

- on September 18th, 2017 no pre-mine
- or in two/three months with pre-mine in order to exchange your OLD B1tes coins with NEW B1tes coins.

In case you decide that OLD B1tes coins be exchanged with NEW B1tes coins, the conditions for the exchange will be as follows:

- only transactions timestamped until September 4h, 2017, 12:12:54 a.m. UTC will be exchanged
- only transactions timestamped up to blockchain height 8975 will be exchanged
- you will have to send me an email informing your NEW B1tes wallet address along with your OLD B1tes *.wallet file as an attachment.
- I will then send you NEW B1tes coins if the conditions above are met.
- As for your OLD B1tes wallet sent to me, its entire balance will be sent to another OLD B1tes wallet, that will be deleted/destroyed.

https://s26.postimg.org/3la5pjvgp/bites.jpg

with premine
BitPorium

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 02:59:33 AM

If you are doing premine and doing this exchange program then you need to setup a deadline for submitting files.
julyt

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 03:03:02 AM

The official news will still be detailed and formal, otherwise it will be difficult for the masses to believe the project.From the current information, I am more optimistic about your project
hitscan

Activity: 630
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:17:03 AM

great idea and FAIR LAUNCH.
heropeter8

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:22:27 AM

It was my first contact with digital currency,I derived considerable wealth from here
A low-key, steady, practical, worthy of long-term pursuit
Bormando

Activity: 13

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 09:32:35 AM

That would be a good start.
unstreet

Activity: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 10:54:30 AM

nevermind, it is just small coins
Murash13

Activity: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 04:16:15 PM

- on September 18th, 2017 with no pre-mine

+
Johnny Carsonogenic

Activity: 537

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 04:53:14 PM

While it looks as if I missed the first swing, I hope to try and get involved with either the new chain upon the changeover or after the pre-mine conversion. I really like the back to basics approach and organic growth of the project and intent from the dev.
Galapagos
Copper Member

Activity: 129
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:45:01 PM

Never mind for the mined coins, no a big deal, go with September 18
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: