Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 02:50:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] | PARAGON | Revolutionizing the Cannabis Industry |  (Read 110145 times)
Jepli

Activity: 315
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 06:02:41 PM

Any new development news about the Paragon project? What about the Paragon centers that was planned? We would love to hear news about it?

!vanovi4

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 07:28:00 PM

I believe that we should support PRG-a digital token that stimulates and stimulates the community. It easily solves the main obstacles to cannabis innovation and growth: banking and payments issues.
I like that with the help of programming we can quickly, easily and reliably transfer funds B2B, B2C and C2C and participate in the Paragon platform.
JungleOnion

Activity: 868
Merit: 279

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2018, 05:50:50 PM

is there any way I can collect paragon tokens by holding them or something like that? I'm trying to find good projects, not sure if this one is tho even tho I remember a lot of hype for paragon last year. I want to find good projects to accumulate in this bear market because of course the market will recover, and some will recover more than others.
wanggq8877

Activity: 236
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 05:18:47 AM

The development prospect of the block chain coin project in the cannabis industry is good, because block chaining technology is very suitable for this area, and PARAGON deserves to have it.
kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:40:15 PM

The development prospect of the block chain coin project in the cannabis industry is good, because block chaining technology is very suitable for this area, and PARAGON deserves to have it.

Of course, but this project still alive or we can list it in the 2017 scammers' list? I believed really hard in this project becuse a sort of trasparent supply chain managment for the cannabis industry was worth time and efforts but seems pretty dead to me right now (I'm not speaking about tokens' price and volume but of the project)

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Jay2408

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 06:55:36 PM

Of course, but this project still alive or we can list it in the 2017 scammers' list? I believed really hard in this project becuse a sort of trasparent supply chain managment for the cannabis industry was worth time and efforts but seems pretty dead to me right now (I'm not speaking about tokens' price and volume but of the project)

I too can't help but thinking that the project is dead. No updates about development or whatsoever since months. I remember an announcement about a first location but that must have been at the beginning of this year.

▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Bardadym

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 07:02:25 PM

Now a lot has divorced projects in this area, than your project is better than rivals?
Zechis966

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

http://cointedtoken.com/

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 02:34:52 AM

Agreed in theory it sounds cool but maybe if undertaken by an expert team with maybe even billions in funding. You would need such strong influence or successfully launched product to actually get growers, labs, etc to take part in this. <=== This is what all the hopeys failed to see through $$$ lenses. For this to even be remotely successful it will require diligent adoption by all the folks along the supply chain, OR dedicated centers that investigate blah blah blah and who wants to go through that process just to be a part of some amateurs pipe dream?...

I have no doubt the coin itself will have some artificial pumps along the way maybe even back up to a dollar but as it stands this project has about as much chance succeeding as the big hitters like btc and eth have of failing. I'm sure the weirdo hipsters and shills will still support it but how long can it handle being supported by weak foundation? These people on the reddit are talking about how cool it was to buy merch at their event or some shit... So people are excited to have paid upwards of $1.50 for a token only to have it drop to like 10 cents at the time and use said tokens to buy merch?... Or did they offer direct purchase at the event and give a miniscule discount for using PRG (I'm pretty sure you can only use PRG there...be cool if the coin wasn't vapor).

Now it's 2 cents. People don't like to think negatively when that thought means they've lost a crap load of money but 2 cents might be HIGH for this token. There's no way of knowing. I won't rule out that the team could suck it up and do the REAL work and get a network of participants going, but I feel like they'd need HUNDREDS of growers and at least close to that number of dispensaries to participate for it to mean anything for the project. Let alone probably like 10+ labs to participate. And then how does one know without some special machinery connected to the ledger that these participants are even being honest with what they add to the supply chain data?

Not well thought out. Which is obvious if you looked at all the things working against them. Buterin may not be a sexy woman (Jess isn't that hot either, maybe stereotypically but her features are weird looking to me) but even if he were I doubt he's the kind of person who would do a lewd video like that lame one she did. Every time she speaks she shows how little she understands about any of this including cannabis...And it's obvious from the look on her face that she knows it too. Shes like a cake seller who all of a sudden wants to revolutionize the cake world. It would make more sense if a long time baker took that task head on. All she does is deal the final product. She knows jack all about cultivation or blockchain. She wants to waste ledger technology on data like whether the weed was hung to dry or put in drying baskets...

Who tf cares? Not 99.99/100 consumers you'll ever meet. Who cares what the ph of the soil was unless you're trying to gather massive amounts of data for comparison and lab results of final product etc. Like what she's trying to 'sell' us has very limited value if any to the cannabis world or the crypto world...but they and their shills are talking like this is exactly what the weed industry has been missing...unlikely.

IAmNotATroll

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 09:48:26 AM

Last time i'm commenting here

https://theblast.com/game-cryptocurrency-marijuana-cannabis-paragoncoins/

The Game Sued Over Endorsement of Crypto-Cannabis Company

The Game is being roped into a multi-million dollar lawsuit over a cryptocurrency company that promised to revolutionize the cannabis industry, only to find out the company was allegedly blowing smoke about their intentions with marijuana

The lawsuit claims Paragon lied about their intentions and alleges they used the capital raised to purchase real estate, not transform the marijuana industry. Since the company allegedly lied to the investors about what the money would be used for, the lawsuit says The Game and Paragon execs violated the law.

Been saying this from day one
Cy2

Activity: 66

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 05:11:15 PM

Half a page of FUD and a lawsuit can kill the discussion? Hmmmm.....
Uldriath

Activity: 35

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 06:42:38 PM

This project seems cool to me .Hope this project will move further towards success.Good luck to everyone involved
kraterion

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 06:00:45 PM

The fact that this is dead killed the discussion not half a page of FUD, because FUD was spreaded even before the ICO lol. Or maybe I'm wrong and it's pretty alive since they posted this update https://paragoncoin.com/paragon-and-civic-announce-partnership. It's hard to tell

Cy2

Activity: 66

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 03:00:25 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2018, 03:27:45 PM by Cy2

The fact that this is dead killed the discussion not half a page of FUD, because FUD was spreaded even before the ICO lol. Or maybe I'm wrong and it's pretty alive since they posted this update https://paragoncoin.com/paragon-and-civic-announce-partnership. It's hard to tell

You're right. I oversimplified. I just wonder how they keep up the price and volume when the MC and rank is so far behind POT and THC now. Must be some pretty good smoke in them mirrors?   https://coindata.vc/industry/cannabis
kraterion

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 06:19:35 PM

You're right. I oversimplified. I just wonder how they keep up the price and volume when the MC and rank is so far behind POT and THC now. Must be some pretty good smoke in them mirrors?   https://coindata.vc/industry/cannabis

Volume (and price) are pretty dead as you can see https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/paragon/#charts. It's more then dead when the volume is $90k and it's trading at 5 cents when ICO price was around $1 (if I recall correctly)

lumierre

Activity: 862
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 06:23:22 PM

Volume (and price) are pretty dead as you can see https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/paragon/#charts. It's more then dead when the volume is $90k and it's trading at 5 cents when ICO price was around $1 (if I recall correctly)

But it rise a litle bit. It is a very difficalt time to all ICO and to Ethereum. I do not know is it a hard time for Cannabis Industry but cryptocurrency falls down.

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES! ANN TREAD ! WHITEPAPER ! LITEPAPER !
Pirlolrip2018

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 03:07:24 AM

Paragon has a detailed roadmap out and it seems to know the cannabis niche very well.A experienced core team in their arsenal, we can take an educated guess that the company has a potential to become a powerhouse of a billion dollar cannabis industry.  Paragon is also a part of legal battles to make cannabis legal across the United States and the world by providing the benefits of cannabis. If they succeed, the cannabis industry is going to get bigger and better.
bittoyski

Activity: 36
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 12:33:22 AM

Any current news about this project? I think updates from the devs will make the community glad to hear it.
MaryStrain.io
Copper Member

Activity: 48

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2018, 04:40:26 AM

Any current news about this project? I think updates from the devs will make the community glad to hear it.

This did show so much potential.  Not much being said about the solution in the Cannabis Community, well apart from the Co-Work space.
DeadBirdzz

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 03:57:01 PM
Merited by Hhampuz (1)

Paragon got rekt by the SEC

https://www.sec.gov/news/press-release/2018-264

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
2018-264

Washington D.C., Nov. 16, 2018 —
The Securities and Exchange Commission today announced settled charges against two companies that sold digital tokens in initial coin offerings (ICOs).  These are the Commission’s first cases imposing civil penalties solely for ICO securities offering registration violations.  Both companies have agreed to return funds to harmed investors, register the tokens as securities, file periodic reports with the Commission, and pay penalties.

According to the SEC’s orders, both CarrierEQ Inc. (Airfox) and Paragon Coin Inc. conducted ICOs in 2017 after the Commission warned that ICOs can be securities offerings in its DAO Report of Investigation.  Airfox, a Boston-based startup, raised approximately $15 million worth of digital assets to finance its development of a token-denominated “ecosystem” starting with a mobile application that would allow users in emerging markets to earn tokens and exchange them for data by interacting with advertisements.  Paragon, an online entity, raised approximately $12 million worth of digital assets to develop and implement its business plan to add blockchain technology to the cannabis industry and work toward legalization of cannabis. Neither Airfox nor Paragon registered their ICOs pursuant to the federal securities laws, nor did they qualify for an exemption to the registration requirements.

“We have made it clear that companies that issue securities through ICOs are required to comply with existing statutes and rules governing the registration of securities,” said Stephanie Avakian, Co-Director of the SEC’s Enforcement Division.  “These cases tell those who are considering taking similar actions that we continue to be on the lookout for violations of the federal securities laws with respect to digital assets.”

“By providing investors who purchased securities in these ICOs with the opportunity to be reimbursed and having the issuers register their tokens with the SEC, these orders provide a model for companies that have issued tokens in ICOs and seek to comply with the federal securities laws,” said Steven Peikin, Co-Director of the SEC’s Enforcement Division.

Today’s cases follow the Commission’s first non-fraud ICO registration case, Munchee, Inc.  The Commission did not impose a penalty or include undertakings from Munchee, which stopped its offering before delivering any tokens and promptly returned proceeds to investors.

The orders impose $250,000 penalties against each company and include undertakings to compensate harmed investors who purchased tokens in the illegal offerings.  The companies also will register their tokens as securities pursuant to the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and file periodic reports with the Commission for at least one year.  Airfox and Paragon consented to the orders without admitting or denying the findings.

The investigation into Paragon was conducted by Pamela Sawhney of the Enforcement Division’s Cyber Unit and was supervised by Robert A. Cohen, Chief of the Cyber Unit.  The investigation into AirFox was conducted by Colin D. Forbes, Emily R. Holness, and Michael J. Vito and supervised by Celia D. Moore, Amy S. Gwiazda, and John T. Dugan of the Boston Regional Office.  The SEC appreciates the assistance of the Massachusetts Securities Division.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 6027

Meh.

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 04:02:17 PM

Paragon got rekt by the SEC

https://www.sec.gov/news/press-release/2018-264

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
2018-264

Washington D.C., Nov. 16, 2018 —
The Securities and Exchange Commission today announced settled charges against two companies that sold digital tokens in initial coin offerings (ICOs).  These are the Commission’s first cases imposing civil penalties solely for ICO securities offering registration violations.  Both companies have agreed to return funds to harmed investors, register the tokens as securities, file periodic reports with the Commission, and pay penalties.

According to the SEC’s orders, both CarrierEQ Inc. (Airfox) and Paragon Coin Inc. conducted ICOs in 2017 after the Commission warned that ICOs can be securities offerings in its DAO Report of Investigation.  Airfox, a Boston-based startup, raised approximately $15 million worth of digital assets to finance its development of a token-denominated “ecosystem” starting with a mobile application that would allow users in emerging markets to earn tokens and exchange them for data by interacting with advertisements.  Paragon, an online entity, raised approximately $12 million worth of digital assets to develop and implement its business plan to add blockchain technology to the cannabis industry and work toward legalization of cannabis. Neither Airfox nor Paragon registered their ICOs pursuant to the federal securities laws, nor did they qualify for an exemption to the registration requirements.

“We have made it clear that companies that issue securities through ICOs are required to comply with existing statutes and rules governing the registration of securities,” said Stephanie Avakian, Co-Director of the SEC’s Enforcement Division.  “These cases tell those who are considering taking similar actions that we continue to be on the lookout for violations of the federal securities laws with respect to digital assets.”

“By providing investors who purchased securities in these ICOs with the opportunity to be reimbursed and having the issuers register their tokens with the SEC, these orders provide a model for companies that have issued tokens in ICOs and seek to comply with the federal securities laws,” said Steven Peikin, Co-Director of the SEC’s Enforcement Division.

Today’s cases follow the Commission’s first non-fraud ICO registration case, Munchee, Inc.  The Commission did not impose a penalty or include undertakings from Munchee, which stopped its offering before delivering any tokens and promptly returned proceeds to investors.

The orders impose $250,000 penalties against each company and include undertakings to compensate harmed investors who purchased tokens in the illegal offerings.  The companies also will register their tokens as securities pursuant to the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and file periodic reports with the Commission for at least one year.  Airfox and Paragon consented to the orders without admitting or denying the findings.

The investigation into Paragon was conducted by Pamela Sawhney of the Enforcement Division’s Cyber Unit and was supervised by Robert A. Cohen, Chief of the Cyber Unit.  The investigation into AirFox was conducted by Colin D. Forbes, Emily R. Holness, and Michael J. Vito and supervised by Celia D. Moore, Amy S. Gwiazda, and John T. Dugan of the Boston Regional Office.  The SEC appreciates the assistance of the Massachusetts Securities Division.

Do people that took part in the ICO have to do anything or is this only related to people that currently hold Paragon? If you know.

Pages: « 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 »
  Print  

Jump to: