Bitcoin Forum
July 24, 2024, 06:17:44 PM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 169 170 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] | PARAGON | Revolutionizing the Cannabis Industry |  (Read 110148 times)
DeadBirdzz

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 05:17:58 PM

Paragon got rekt by the SEC

https://www.sec.gov/news/press-release/2018-264

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
2018-264

Washington D.C., Nov. 16, 2018 —
The Securities and Exchange Commission today announced settled charges against two companies that sold digital tokens in initial coin offerings (ICOs).  These are the Commission’s first cases imposing civil penalties solely for ICO securities offering registration violations.  Both companies have agreed to return funds to harmed investors, register the tokens as securities, file periodic reports with the Commission, and pay penalties.

According to the SEC’s orders, both CarrierEQ Inc. (Airfox) and Paragon Coin Inc. conducted ICOs in 2017 after the Commission warned that ICOs can be securities offerings in its DAO Report of Investigation.  Airfox, a Boston-based startup, raised approximately $15 million worth of digital assets to finance its development of a token-denominated “ecosystem” starting with a mobile application that would allow users in emerging markets to earn tokens and exchange them for data by interacting with advertisements.  Paragon, an online entity, raised approximately $12 million worth of digital assets to develop and implement its business plan to add blockchain technology to the cannabis industry and work toward legalization of cannabis. Neither Airfox nor Paragon registered their ICOs pursuant to the federal securities laws, nor did they qualify for an exemption to the registration requirements.

“We have made it clear that companies that issue securities through ICOs are required to comply with existing statutes and rules governing the registration of securities,” said Stephanie Avakian, Co-Director of the SEC’s Enforcement Division.  “These cases tell those who are considering taking similar actions that we continue to be on the lookout for violations of the federal securities laws with respect to digital assets.”

“By providing investors who purchased securities in these ICOs with the opportunity to be reimbursed and having the issuers register their tokens with the SEC, these orders provide a model for companies that have issued tokens in ICOs and seek to comply with the federal securities laws,” said Steven Peikin, Co-Director of the SEC’s Enforcement Division.

Today’s cases follow the Commission’s first non-fraud ICO registration case, Munchee, Inc.  The Commission did not impose a penalty or include undertakings from Munchee, which stopped its offering before delivering any tokens and promptly returned proceeds to investors.

The orders impose $250,000 penalties against each company and include undertakings to compensate harmed investors who purchased tokens in the illegal offerings.  The companies also will register their tokens as securities pursuant to the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and file periodic reports with the Commission for at least one year.  Airfox and Paragon consented to the orders without admitting or denying the findings.

The investigation into Paragon was conducted by Pamela Sawhney of the Enforcement Division’s Cyber Unit and was supervised by Robert A. Cohen, Chief of the Cyber Unit.  The investigation into AirFox was conducted by Colin D. Forbes, Emily R. Holness, and Michael J. Vito and supervised by Celia D. Moore, Amy S. Gwiazda, and John T. Dugan of the Boston Regional Office.  The SEC appreciates the assistance of the Massachusetts Securities Division.

Do people that took part in the ICO have to do anything or is this only related to people that currently hold Paragon? If you know.

It's for people who took part in the ICO and who can prove they suffered a financial loss.

And for those who took part in the ICO and still hold Paragon tokens.

Obviously check for news but that's what it's been said so far

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 6046

Meh.

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 05:26:51 PM

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
2018-264

The Securities and Exchange Commission today announced settled charges against two companies that sold digital tokens in initial coin offerings (ICOs).  These are the Commission’s first cases imposing civil penalties solely for ICO securities offering registration violations.  Both companies have agreed to return funds to harmed investors, register the tokens as securities, file periodic reports with the Commission, and pay penalties.

According to the SEC’s orders, both CarrierEQ Inc. (Airfox) and Paragon Coin Inc. conducted ICOs in 2017 after the Commission warned that ICOs can be securities offerings in its DAO Report of Investigation.  Airfox, a Boston-based startup, raised approximately $15 million worth of digital assets to finance its development of a token-denominated “ecosystem” starting with a mobile application that would allow users in emerging markets to earn tokens and exchange them for data by interacting with advertisements.  Paragon, an online entity, raised approximately $12 million worth of digital assets to develop and implement its business plan to add blockchain technology to the cannabis industry and work toward legalization of cannabis. Neither Airfox nor Paragon registered their ICOs pursuant to the federal securities laws, nor did they qualify for an exemption to the registration requirements.

“We have made it clear that companies that issue securities through ICOs are required to comply with existing statutes and rules governing the registration of securities,” said Stephanie Avakian, Co-Director of the SEC’s Enforcement Division.  “These cases tell those who are considering taking similar actions that we continue to be on the lookout for violations of the federal securities laws with respect to digital assets.”

“By providing investors who purchased securities in these ICOs with the opportunity to be reimbursed and having the issuers register their tokens with the SEC, these orders provide a model for companies that have issued tokens in ICOs and seek to comply with the federal securities laws,” said Steven Peikin, Co-Director of the SEC’s Enforcement Division.

Today’s cases follow the Commission’s first non-fraud ICO registration case, Munchee, Inc.  The Commission did not impose a penalty or include undertakings from Munchee, which stopped its offering before delivering any tokens and promptly returned proceeds to investors.

The orders impose $250,000 penalties against each company and include undertakings to compensate harmed investors who purchased tokens in the illegal offerings.  The companies also will register their tokens as securities pursuant to the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and file periodic reports with the Commission for at least one year.  Airfox and Paragon consented to the orders without admitting or denying the findings.

The investigation into Paragon was conducted by Pamela Sawhney of the Enforcement Division’s Cyber Unit and was supervised by Robert A. Cohen, Chief of the Cyber Unit.  The investigation into AirFox was conducted by Colin D. Forbes, Emily R. Holness, and Michael J. Vito and supervised by Celia D. Moore, Amy S. Gwiazda, and John T. Dugan of the Boston Regional Office.  The SEC appreciates the assistance of the Massachusetts Securities Division.

Do people that took part in the ICO have to do anything or is this only related to people that currently hold Paragon? If you know.

It's for people who took part in the ICO and who can prove they suffered a financial loss.

Iterestingly enough, when I try to access my account on paragoncoin.com it says that my email does not exist (even though it says it's the same credentials as the crowd-sale account). Chrome has my login saved for that exact site but they claim it doesn't exist.

It'll be hard to prove anything at this rate I'd say.

kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 07:26:06 PM

So they finally got busted uh? I had great hopes at the start even if I didn't bought into their ICO but at this point it was pretty much predicatable and end like this one

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
federicocrypto

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 08:01:24 PM

Yes, this topic is becoming more and more relevant in the world. I think this project has a great future. I hope that you will not have problems with the law.
DeadBirdzz

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 06:16:07 AM
Merited by Hhampuz (1)

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
2018-264

Iterestingly enough, when I try to access my account on paragoncoin.com it says that my email does not exist (even though it says it's the same credentials as the crowd-sale account). Chrome has my login saved for that exact site but they claim it doesn't exist.

hey Hhampuz, there's a good thread on twatter about the SEC decision.

https://twitter.com/jchervinsky/status/1063662992359915525

Maybe you might find some helpful info in there.

Regards.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
MaryStrain.io
Copper Member

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2018, 02:43:15 PM

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
2018-264

hey Hhampuz, there's a good thread on twatter about the SEC decision.

https://twitter.com/jchervinsky/status/1063662992359915525

Maybe you might find some helpful info in there.

Regards.

The Paragon telegram channel is spinning this as a good thing.  How could that possibly be?  Essentially they have admitted to fraud, and will have to register their token as a security.  How is any of this GOOD?  Please enlighten me.
kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 03:25:22 PM

Yes, this topic is becoming more and more relevant in the world. I think this project has a great future. I hope that you will not have problems with the law.

Great future? I don't think so, they must give money back to investors and pay $250,000 (iirc) to SEC, so great future...I think that Paragon it's just dead and it's time to move on

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 07:02:35 AM

Great future? I don't think so, they must give money back to investors and pay $250,000 (iirc) to SEC, so great future...I think that Paragon it's just dead and it's time to move on

I think 90% of ICO investors sold their tokens, and they will not give money back to people who bought at exchanges. Sothis will be only small amount of refunds.
How they development going?
DeadBirdzz

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 07:35:47 AM

This is important information, hence, you should have specific figures/ statistics to support your judgement.
Arbitrarily judgement might cause dramatic loss or too risky investment decision.

Stop chatting shit you fucking bounty whore.

The reason Paragon is spinning this as a good thing is that a lot of people won't probably be able to prove their purchase or will be unwilling to.

The Paragon scamming cunts are in essence getting off lightly.

They should have been thrown in jail straight away.

But sadly, that's not how the world works.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Cy2

Activity: 66

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 02:52:02 PM

How can PRG still maintain such a commanding lead in a niche that's so obviously sucking exhaust?    https://coindata.vc/industry/cannabis
MaryStrain.io
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2018, 06:16:55 PM

How can PRG still maintain such a commanding lead in a niche that's so obviously sucking exhaust?    https://coindata.vc/industry/cannabis

In my opinion the Cannabis Space and the right application of blockchain does hold amazing potential.  The reason why PRG is out front, despite losing 95% of its value is from a lack of competition.  That is about to change.

There is a coin coming to market in the next month or so that will knock Paragon off the list, also once the reality of the SEC settlement sinks in I expect the value to drop significantly.

I do have some questions.  They held a significant amount of tokens in reserve.  Can they issue these tokens following the SEC settlement?  and If a company was to acquire a majority of the tokens on the market which are now (or soon to be) security tokens.  would that company become the "owner" of Paragon?  Much in the same way as a stock take over. 
Cy2

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 07:52:44 PM

In my opinion the Cannabis Space and the right application of blockchain does hold amazing potential.  The reason why PRG is out front, despite losing 95% of its value is from a lack of competition.  That is about to change.

There is a coin coming to market in the next month or so that will knock Paragon off the list, also once the reality of the SEC settlement sinks in I expect the value to drop significantly.

I do have some questions.  They held a significant amount of tokens in reserve.  Can they issue these tokens following the SEC settlement?  and If a company was to acquire a majority of the tokens on the market which are now (or soon to be) security tokens.  would that company become the "owner" of Paragon?  Much in the same way as a stock take over. 

Are you referring to this?  https://www.7passtoken.com/ I'm very interested to see how that develops too.
MaryStrain.io
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2018, 12:22:36 AM

Hey.  Thanks for sharing.  the 7Pass looks extremely interesting.  i was referring to this www.marystrain.io
as a general disclaimer I am involved with the project.

Cy2

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 12:25:24 AM

Hey.  Thanks for sharing.  the 7Pass looks extremely interesting.  i was referring to this www.marystrain.io
as a general disclaimer I am involved with the project.

They're working with Polymath, so there won't be any SEC trouble...
MaryStrain.io
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2018, 12:43:18 AM

You only get into SEC trouble if you are careless. - By not doing a KYC, registering in the USA, not stating that your token is a utility or trying to disguise the token as a utility, and taking steps to ensure the value of the token increases.

don't get me wrong.  we all want to make money, but if your token does provide a true value to the ecosystem, it will go up in value.
IAmNotATroll

Activity: 29

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 08:45:55 PM

I slag of Paragon abit on this page, only  because it was a dumb as fuck shill ico but i thought this might help.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jchervinsky/status/1063662992359915525

In short, because Paragon couldnt even legally do the scam ICO right people can claim refunds on entering the ICO.

Not sure of timeframe to claim but its worth trying and totally worth reading the whole twitter feed (segmented into 20 tweets)
vinicdemorais

Activity: 460
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 01:01:53 PM

It Doesn't PRG in hitbtc? I didn't find PRG in hitbtc...
nanselmo

Activity: 33

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 11:24:30 AM

It Doesn't PRG in hitbtc? I didn't find PRG in hitbtc...
They delisted prg and so did livecoin.  I asked why they said for investor protection.  I said you had token here for 1 year and a half, you dont announce you are delisting. How r u protecting us?  I got lifetime ban.  Not many exchanges trading prg until they pay the fine.
nanselmo

Activity: 33

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 11:33:08 AM

I did not really understand the sec decision until i read the whole thing, not the news articles because they did not read the whole thing.  In the sec decision there is a penalty for selling unregistered securities. Then they have to offer a refund claim page. If you live in the usa and bought at ico then you can get back money.  even if you sold you can still get back ico money invested if you want.   If paragon does not meet the timelines and conditions they agreed to then sec fines them more.   This is a compliant enforcement not a cease and desist one.  Once compliance is achieved then they are a legit company according to the sec.   Imo   this is a good thing for paragon and holders of the coin.  I am one who has bought a ton after sec decision, please read it in full before investing.  Good Luck to all.   If you invested and are not a usa resident your money most likely is lost, unfortunately.
SmashDestroy

Activity: 388
Merit: 55

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 03:41:18 PM

PARAGON listing on Yobit.net!
Happy trading

Pages: « 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 169 170 »
  Print  

Jump to: