Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:50:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: THE WAR OF PRIVACY - Monero vs Zencash vs Spectre vs Dash vs ...  (Read 995 times)
namethathasntbeentaken (OP)

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

update : namewastaken

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 12:31:55 AM

"Competition is infused into Zen at its very core; by its nature, it is a necessity of optimal
decentralization and a principle we believe enables beneficial evolution. This process
also includes competition in the broader cryptocurrency landscape for ZenCash, and for
our system in the ecosystem of blockchain platforms.
ZenCash directly competes with ZCash, Zclassic, Dash, Monero, ZCoin, Bytecoin,
ShadowCash, Boolberry, and other privacy-augmented cryptocurrencies."

You can read the above at zen white paper (which is amazing)

What are your thoughts on them, coins focused on privacy? Currently atm :

- Zencash #171 $5.92
- Monero #12 $48.73
- DASH #9 $202.52
- Zcash #19 $211
- Spectre #271 $0,16

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Native TOR+OBFS4  ●  Mobile & Stealth Staking Soon!  ●  Ghost Protocol  ●  Available on Bisq.io
XSPEC Slack  ◆   Website  ◆  Twitter  ◆  Facebook  ◆  Reddit  ◆  Telegram
skichamp84

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 02:15:48 AM

Spectre (XSPEC) hands down.

TOR integration sets them ahead by a mile.
HippiePyro

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

A non technical guy in a technical world

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 01:27:47 PM

I 2nd this. And they are about to release the first wallet for staking from your mobile device. I also like how the development team is focused on development and not marketing. I'm still a newb, but this is a big sleeper IMHO.
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 01:29:30 PM

StealthCoin (XST) is another nice one. their network is getting bigger everyday. And also its a good one to trade. Check it out guys.
overnightmillionaire

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 01:37:07 PM

People think TOR is still safe? The Feds caught "criminals" by setting up many TOR clients to control majority of the network. TOR is obviously exploitable making it a terrible idea.

HippiePyro

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

A non technical guy in a technical world

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 02:35:53 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2017, 02:54:52 PM by HippiePyro

People think TOR is still safe? The Feds caught "criminals" by setting up many TOR clients to control majority of the network. TOR is obviously exploitable making it a terrible idea.

Do you have a link to support this? I can't find any reference to it. I do see where they have "hacked" Tor, but this only worked for people not using tor correctly in the first place or on an outdated  version or using flash with tor.
And wouldn't adding more clients increase anonymity? More points for your signal to be mixed and rerouted. I didn't think clients received the original IP, just encrypted data. I'm no expert tho, that's just my understanding.
skichamp84

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 04:06:01 PM

They are confused.  The Feds just used exit nodes as spies and watched the traffic.   XSPEC specifically sets up every address as it's OWN HIDDEN SERVICE eliminating the exit relay vulnerability.   Saying TOR is compromised is like saying bitcoin was hacked just because an exchange went down.... lol

TOR is perfectly safe when used properly.
USBitcoinServices.Com

Activity: 1666
Merit: 267

Earn bitcoins every hour: USBitcoinServices.com

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2017, 03:48:17 AM

For privacy, there is a new coin: Deeponion coin that uses the Tor network, Airdrop in on for 40 weeks! join the team and get your coins!

sylance

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 03:54:27 AM

For privacy, there is a new coin: Deeponion coin that uses the Tor network, Airdrop in on for 40 weeks! join the team and get your coins!

I agree!  I'd love for others to slot this into the others and rank them; to get someone else's opinion.  Part of me wonders about the future of any crypto that can be tracked down to an individual.  As aggressive as the US is with crypto, and as fiat's collapse, I wonder what to expect from governments in this space.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: